Home
Posted By: GRIZZ I've not begun - 06/19/21
to defile myself...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Not exactly Doc's Nickle plated Colt Lightning but it sorta looks like one maybe a little...
Posted By: Esox357 Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
Nice
Posted By: Springcove Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
That is nice 👍🏻
Posted By: sparkman10mm Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
Very nice!
Posted By: KC Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21

GRIZZ:

Don't defile yourself. Life is not that bad. In fact, life is good if you look for the good things instead of what's wrong.

KC
Posted By: Potsy Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
I stay amazed at how good those little bird’s head grip frames feel in my hands. Never shot one though, gotta wonder how a 270-SAA over 9.0 grains of H-Universal feels out of one....
Posted By: papat Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
Pretty little thing. Prob is my hands would almost go around it twice. Bisleys for me.
Posted By: ERK Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
At least a hot brass won’t go down your shirt so you have to shoot yourself in the head.lol
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
This
Posted By: mirage243 Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
Grizz, what caliber?
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
oh! I just drooled on your photo...let me wipe that up...
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
Originally Posted by KC

GRIZZ:

Don't defile yourself. Life is not that bad. In fact, life is good if you look for the good things instead of what's wrong.

KC

There's at least one person who doesn't understand, but they's Colouradoian, so at least it makes sense.
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Originally Posted by KC

GRIZZ:

KC

There's at least one person who doesn't understand, but they's Colouradoian, so at least it makes sense.

No sheit, how could you not know that line?
Originally Posted by mirage243
Grizz, what caliber?

357 Mag. It's a plinker so I'll prolly just choot 38 Special's out of it. I'm thinking it being a Vaquero built like a tank and having all that mass around each chamber due to the Caliber size this Revolver could prolly handle some very stout Mag loads if I wanted.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Originally Posted by mirage243
Grizz, what caliber?

357 Mag. It's a plinker so I'll prolly just choot 38 Special's out of it. I'm thinking it being a Vaquero built like a tank and having all that mass around each chamber due to the Caliber size this Revolver could prolly handle some very stout Mag loads if I wanted.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I've got this one in 45 acp, not near as purty as that one you have though.
Not that long ago I thought I would never be interested ever in a Revolver with a birdshead grip and the idea just sorta grew on me before I knew it, I had to have one. Strange how a persons taste in things can change over time.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
GRIZZ: What ever that is, it IS super-cool!
What caliber is it?
Enjoy and try NOT to really "defile" it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: lvmiker Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
That is a beut. Now you need to get an aiwb holster and a fancy vest.

mike r
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
This was born a Ruger Flattop .357. It became a David Clements .41 Special.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

(Your photography is better than mine was.)
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: I've not begun - 06/19/21
All 3 pictured,,,,very nice guys !
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
GRIZZ: What ever that is, it IS super-cool!
What caliber is it?
Enjoy and try NOT to really "defile" it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

357/38
Posted By: mark shubert Re: I've not begun - 06/20/21
GRIZZ, how large are your hands? I wear an extra-large glove, but prefer the regular over the Bisley grip frame.
The Bisley bangs my knuckle, unlike most hamhanded folks. I may need to try a birdshead, if I ever get the chance.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: I've not begun - 06/20/21
Mark, I have huge hands, my Birdshead fits my hand better than any other Ruger that I own. They are very wide.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: I've not begun - 06/20/21
Originally Posted by mark shubert
GRIZZ, how large are your hands? I wear an extra-large glove, but prefer the regular over the Bisley grip frame.
The Bisley bangs my knuckle, unlike most hamhanded folks. I may need to try a birdshead, if I ever get the chance.
I wear size large gloves... But my shoes are size 17 and my inseam, well... LOL
Posted By: EdM Re: I've not begun - 06/20/21
I had one and the grip just did not work for me. A local shop has one of the 32 H&R's fairly priced that has been tempting though.
Posted By: MARCEL Re: I've not begun - 06/20/21
Very nice. Had one of the limited 45 acp models but sadly my large hands arent meant for a birds head grip with that amount of recoil. Bisley frames work better for me. But that didn't mean I didn't keep it for the bling factor for quite some time lol.
© 24hourcampfire