Home
DeSantis doing good work again. As usual, Florida "D" rats like Charlie Crist, Nicky Freed, and Anna Eskamani, among others, complaining and grandstanding.

Link to story

At a June 16 press conference, Florida’s Ron DeSantis became the first governor to answer the plea for help from fellow Republican governors—Doug Ducey of Arizona and Greg Abbott of Texas—by authorizing the deployment of law enforcement resources to help secure the border.

“It’s undeniable that the border crisis is out of control,” Christina Pushaw, press secretary to DeSantis told The Epoch Times. “Helping our fellow Americans in their moment of need is always the right thing to do. The governors of other states have sent resources to Florida in the past to help respond to natural disasters. With the federal government unable or unwilling to enforce our laws and secure our border, Florida is ready to step up to the plate and do our part.”

Time to Return the Favor
“Florida is stepping up to the plate,” Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey declared to The Epoch Times, saying, “Texas and Arizona, you’ve got a storm, and we’re coming to help you.”

“When the state of Florida has a storm that devastates an area, law enforcement resources from across the country respond and come to our rescue,” Ivey explained. “The concept of responding to the needs of a state in the aftermath of a storm is no different than responding to the needs of another state in the midst of a border crisis.”

It’s a sentiment shared by other Florida sheriffs.

“When the governor called Wednesday and expressed his concerns about our southern border, I immediately offered whatever resources we could spare for this endeavor,” Okaloosa County Sheriff Eric Aden told The Epoch Times. “After all, these states have answered the call for us with hurricane relief and other emergencies, so it’s only fair that we return the effort when they call for help.”

“It’s doing the right thing,” Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno told The Epoch Times. “Inevitably, whenever we have an emergency or a hurricane that comes through here, the governors of Texas and Arizona send us anything that we need.”

Bay County Sheriff Tommy Ford told The Epoch Times he also sees the cry for help from the governors of Texas and Arizona to secure the border as an opportunity to repay the debt he owes after hurricane Michael devastated Bay County and many sheriffs from other states came to their aid.

“So we’re going to volunteer to be the first ones there to help,” Ford said.

Securing the Border
“Securing the border helps Floridians,” Pushaw explained. “Even though Florida isn’t a border state, securing the southern border would help stop the flow of narcotics that end up in our state and ravage our communities. Illegal immigrants have also committed crimes in Florida, which could have been prevented if our immigration laws were enforced.”

As Marceno told The Epoch Times, fentanyl cases have gone up 230 percent in Lee County over the past six months and there has been a 3,000 percent increase in the number of sexual predators coming across U.S. borders.

“We’re not going to allow it,” Marceno asserted. “Florida’s residents are going to be safe and secure.”

“It’s something I think is missed sometimes in the talking points of this issue of a safe and secure border,” Ford observed. “It’s not just the individuals that may be coming across the border but the dangerous products they bring with them.”

According to Ford, Bay County has also been flooded with amphetamine, fentanyl, and heroin over the past six months.

While they would typically “high five” the seizure of a half-pound of meth, Ford said it’s now not uncommon to intercept five to six pounds, even upward of 10 to 12 pounds. There have also been 150 drug overdoses in Bay County since January, with 15 of them being fatal, all of which he attributes to the fentanyl coming across the border.

Proud of DeSantis
“This is exactly what leadership, crisis management, and commitment to law and order looks like” Ivey attested. “The guy’s got it going on. He’s not afraid to stand on the ledge and make decisions. He understands, like I do, that the government’s one and only responsibility is to protect its citizens, and he has taken an oath to protect his citizens, his cops, and his Constitution.”

“The governor is the true definition of an amazing leader,” Marceno explained, citing the extremely difficult decisions DeSantis made in the midst of the pandemic. “That is the reason why 904 people a day move to our state, for law enforcement and safety. He is a phenomenal leader. He’s an amazing man to work with. The communication is constant and I am very proud to say he’s our governor in the state of Florida.”

“I think it’s very important that we heed those calls because we were in a time of great need two years ago,” Ford stated. “I just remember that feeling of having the cavalry roll in to assist, not asking any questions like who’s going to pay for it but just being available. I know the burden they’re carrying on the border.”

“The situation at the border is more than a crisis and one that must be dealt with immediately,” Aden asserted. “It’s a matter of national security. But if the federal government cannot or will not gain control, then states like Florida will come to the aid of our fellow states pleading for help.”

Critical Democrats
Despite the overwhelming support DeSantis has received from Florida’s law enforcement, some Democrats have criticized the move by DeSantis.

Rep. Charlie Crist (D-Fla.), one of two Democrat declared candidates to run for the position of governor in 2022, called the decision to send Florida law enforcement to the border a “political stunt.” Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, the second declared Democrat candidate for governor, wrote on Twitter: “Florida’s current governor just makes controversies up to get on Fox News.”

Florida Rep. Anna Eskamani wrote: “Another political stunt by @GovRonDeSantis—instead of perpetuating the attacks on immigrants & going after Biden Administration why don’t you focus on the people who live in FL!”

“These are real issues that affect Floridians’ everyday lives, and it’s wrong to dismiss the Governor’s attempt to address these issues as a mere ‘political stunt,’” Pushaw insisted. “Those who criticize Gov. DeSantis’ decision are the ones engaging in political grandstanding at Floridians’ expense.”

Follow Patricia Tolson on Twitter at @PTolson1

A betting man would do well to put coin on your feds doing everything they can to cruel that.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

A betting man would do well to put coin on your feds doing everything they can to cruel that.

Under what law or jurisdiction?

Answer: There is none.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I have noted that your feds generally don't seem to care about either of those.
Interesting to see how much tax money the residents will allow
to be spent on this endeavor?

Few states have the dollars to spend doing this.
Doubt Texas has barrel$ sitting around to spend either.

But every state not on the border has a vested interest in security.
Texas mat be getting overrun, but Bid- (on my policy)-en sent them here to Pa.
And other states.

This is one time that if they gave me the option of paying a little more state income tax to be (absolutely, 100%) sent to
protect the border, I'd gladly opt in.

This one issue should be enough to cause a Convention of the States.

I/We are already paying for defending the border.
And not getting it done.

A bit like yours.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

A bit like yours.

Exactly like mine.

A bit like yours.

Exactly like mine.

I wasn’t being snide. This is universal.

I wasn’t being snide. This is universal.

Believe me I know, how do you think I find it so easy to see there...it is just that they are a bit more polished about it here.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Interesting to see how much tax money the residents will allow
to be spent on this endeavor?

Few states have the dollars to spend doing this.
Doubt Texas has barrel$ sitting around to spend either.

But ever state not on the border has a vested interest in security.
Texas mat be getting overrun, but Bid- (on my policy)-en ones sent them here to Pa.
And other states.

This is one time that if they gave me the option of paying a little more state income tax to be (absolutely, 100%) sent to
protect the border, I'd gladly opt in.

This one issue should be enough to cause a Convention of the States.

I/We are already paying for defending the border.
And not getting it done.

Absolutely correct.

EVERY state is being affected by the Fed's non-performance on upholding the law.
Illegals cost ordinary citizens just like crime. You are going to pay for in either stopping it or the costs that third world people bring to a first world country. Education, Health care, housing, welfare etc. Basically they can’t support themselves.
Criminals are a cost on society. You either put them in prison. Or you pay for what they steal. Some folks don’t realize that company’s that suffer loss just pass this on to other consumers. The same for uninsured motorists, the insured bear the cost of those who aren’t. Hasbeen
Other conservative states need to step up. Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri...are three.
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Illegals cost ordinary citizens just like crime. You are going to pay for in either stopping it or the costs that third world people bring to a first world country. Education, Health care, housing, welfare etc. Basically they can’t support themselves.
Criminals are a cost on society. You either put them in prison. Or you pay for what they steal. Some folks don’t realize that company’s that suffer loss just pass this on to other consumers. The same for uninsured motorists, the insured bear the cost of those who aren’t. Hasbeen

IMO, these costs are far higher than any govt entity lets on, and are completely unacceptable.

I'm not blowing smoke. I've lived in an area for over 30 years where we have a high rate of illegals.

As an example, the difference in the cost of auto insurance here as opposed to where I moved from is yuge.

When has that ever stopped the dems from doing whatever the hell they want to?
https://www.thecentersquare.com/nat...942e522-c5b0-11e9-93e6-0ff213e44ae5.html
Funnily enough it is the left wing bastards here that are constantly agitating to let the illegal filth in...and no one is ever going to convince me they came up with that half baked notion all on their lonesome.

This is an agenda shared around the world by lemmings.

Joe was right.
Funnily enough it is the left wing bastards here that are constantly agitating to let the illegal filth in...and no one is ever going to convince me they came up with that half baked notion all on their lonesome.

This is an agenda shared around the world by lemmings.

Joe was right.
It is shared around the world by lemmings but not run by them. The ones behind it are aggressively evil.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Other conservative states need to step up. Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri...are three.

Yep. A united front needs to be presented to the Bolsheviks who are in the processes of carrying out a revolution in the United States.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep. A united front needs to be presented to the Bolsheviks who are in the processes of carrying out a revolution in the United States.

Red States need to form a Confederation of like interest and support for each other.

DeSantis could lead that effort as I see no other.
Every state ought to be sending forces to secure the border.
Texas has 3 billion in a rainy day fund

Abbott, Has put 1000 DPS Troopers on the Texas Border, they are almost bumper to bumper on the way to town and it's 65 Miles. Rio7
If they want the problem fixed they’re gonna have to send them to Washington D.C. with some explicit orders.

LOL
Originally Posted by deflave
If they want the problem fixed they’re gonna have to send them to Washington D.C. with some explicit orders.

LOL

Sadly true, but an effort in vain as well.

Current administration created this problem.

They sitting back, laughing their commie asses off.
A multi state compact could go far to help with the problem. Any captured could be taken to the northeast or the northwest with a warning. If we catch you again in a red state we will jail you until your plane to Africa arrives.
At the end of the day there are no non-federal entities that can detain, arrest, or prosecute illegal aliens.

You can catch them and hand them off all day long. They’re still going to be let go.
I hate to rain on the parade, but I had family members who were part of the last Confederation of states and it didn't go well for us.
I hate to rain on the parade, but I had family members who were part of the last Confederation of states and it didn't go well for us.

Losers tend to schit losers.

No surprise.

LOL

Send all illegals to DC and drop them off in front of Capitol Building.

See how long that works for the demoRat commies.
all well and good, but Florida has a huge problem of it's own with illegal immigration. In South Florida, about 20% of the total number of persons are there illegally. The population figures are just not accurate, and don't count the illegals.

No one said anything about going to war. You might agree that the Blue States are pretty much in lock step with each other, de facto though it may be, and in their policies.

No surprise.

Like the spawn of Teamsters.

No surprise.

No surprise.

No surprise.

I’m sure you’re tough in real life.

LOL

No surprise.

No surprise.

I’m sure you’re tough in real life.

LOL

Tell us about it mr. mom.
As tough as a potato.

LOL
As tough as a potato.

LOL

Spud of Teamster.
As tough as a potato.

LOL

Spud of Teamster.

Who was that you “hunted with” from the Campfire?

I’d love to see those pics.
As tough as a potato.

LOL

Spud of Teamster.

Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
As tough as a potato.

LOL

Spud of Teamster.

Miss Lynn

^^^
Spud sucker.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
all well and good, but Florida has a huge problem of it's own with illegal immigration. In South Florida, about 20% of the total number of persons are there illegally. The population figures are just not accurate, and don't count the illegals.

Govt entities are NEVER going to produce accurate numbers about illegal residents.

NEVER.

The link that PaulBarnard posted referenced a total of 11 million illegal immigrants.

I say bullschit, and believe that number to be well over 20 million.

No reflection on PaulBarnard.

Obama put Jan Brewer (AZ) in her place when she tried to secure the AZ border
He’ll try the same with Abbott and Ducey
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

Yes.

Obama chose to side with illegal aliens over US citizens.

Every fuggin' time a [bleep] democrat gets into office, they weaponize the govt against it's own citizens.

There needs to be a reckoning.

Frankly, at this point, I firmly believe we have taxation without representation. And conservative states should withhold any all federal tax money from any businesses or citizens to the federal govt.

That'd get their damn attention PDQ. wink
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yes.

Every fuggin' time a [bleep] democrat gets into office, they weaponize the govt against it's own citizens.

Frankly, at this point, I firmly believe we have taxation without representation. And conservative states should withhold any all federal tax money from any businesses or citizens to the federal govt.

Barry, I agree with you 100%.
Originally Posted by Rugies
A multi state compact could go far to help with the problem. Any captured could be taken to the northeast or the northwest with a warning. If we catch you again in a red state we will jail you until your plane to Africa arrives.

[bleep] you very much.

This shouldn't be a petty geographic/civil war/whatever beef you have
issue. This is national security.

I just hate that our Demon Wolf would block helping on the border.
Our legislature would likely support it.

Govt entities are NEVER going to produce accurate numbers about illegal residents.

NEVER.

The link that PaulBarnard posted referenced a total of 11 million illegal immigrants.

Homestead got at least 10 or 12.

grin
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yes.

Barry, I agree with you 100%.

To be fair, Obama ended wetfoot/dryfoot.

NEVER.

Homestead got at least 10 or 12.

grin

Lol. Yeah.

You’re going to need to explain that to the rest of the class.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

You’re going to need to explain that to the rest of the class.

If they care enough about border security they'll care enough to figure it out.

Or not.
© 24hourcampfire