Home
Posted By: LJBass Bonded Car title - 06/25/21
Anyone on here have any luck getting a bonded car title? I'ld like to try and get one back on the road, but all it has is a bill of sale. It's a 62 Falcon in decent shape, doesn't deserve to be parts or scrap.
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: Bonded Car title - 06/25/21
Different laws different states then. In GA a bill of sale is all you'd need for a car that old.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Bonded Car title - 06/25/21
If you call Missouri DMV, I bet they will have the info you want.
Posted By: DMc Re: Bonded Car title - 06/25/21
Coolio. Hope you get it.
Posted By: LJBass Re: Bonded Car title - 06/25/21
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Different laws different states then. In GA a bill of sale is all you'd need for a car that old.

With the Government, isn't that always the case.
Originally Posted by jnyork
If you call Missouri DMV, I bet they will have the info you want.

I've talked to them, ran off a bunch of copies, Sworn affidavit on why I can't produce a title, Bill of Sale, Odometer reading, any known leins or titles in other states, Inspection from the hwy patrol, Appraisal from KBB or NADA, then a surety bond for 2x that amount. Then maybe you can get a bonded title for 3 years. If no claims are made the Title is Clear.

The paperwork makes it sound easy.
Posted By: DMc Re: Bonded Car title - 06/25/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: LJBass Re: Bonded Car title - 06/26/21
Is that yours DMc? It's a little newer than the 1 I'm working the deal on.
Posted By: DMc Re: Bonded Car title - 06/26/21
No but it’s for sale locally. $17k
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Bonded Car title - 06/26/21
I bought a truck last year here in Texas.The person I bought it from owned it for three years.He had the title,but he never transferred it in his name.When I went to get a title transfer they told me I had to get a bonded title.WTF and how?I had to fill out the papers,go to an auto insurance agent and get a title bond.I think it was a $100.Then send that to the department of motor vehicles and they sent me a bonded title in my name.I think after three years,if there are no issues,then I will receive a regular title in my name.
© 24hourcampfire