Home
Posted By: Fireball2 Repurposing - 06/26/21
There are quite a few creative guys on here, let's see what you've repurposed. Absolutely love making something cool out of dogschit.

Pulled these two home-made driveway entryway wrought iron pieces out of the poison oak and hornets nests the other day and stitched them together into a heart for the wife for a backdrop to one of her garden benches. She hasn't seen it yet but she gunna love it.

Whadja build?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
I ain’t got time
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Most people work
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Cool Roy, I need to get after the beer keg smoker.
Hell everything around this craphole is repurposed schidt. Lets start with the yard fence that are livestock panels I drove to Kansas to get!

I ain’t even gonna get into where some of the lumber around here came from.

Repurposed? Thats a word off the Finnish speakin’ spoon whittlers forum. Ergo, Bushcrafters!!!
Posted By: hanco Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
That’s cool, need to build another BBQ pit. I said I was done, but I’m thinking about another. Maybe another engine. Built this one 30 yrs ago.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Thank you Huntsman22 for that phrase
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I ain’t got time

I thought of you and hanco! LOL

Repurposed rocks into a table

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: goalie Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Welding art is for girly men

wink
Posted By: MTGunner Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
I enjoy repurposing junk into useful items. Guess many would call me a packrat. But, I have fixed many a problem with old steel items that I hoard. Neighbors call me the energizer bunny and I like fixing up things instead of taking them to the steel pile at the transfer station.
I can repair most mechanical problems. There are mechanical engineers today that don’t know what end of the screwdriver to use. Keeps me out of trouble. MTG
I tell old jokes,----over, and over.
I love people that can't remember jokes, they laugh at old jokes every time. laugh
Originally Posted by MTGunner
I enjoy repurposing junk into useful items. Guess many would call me a packrat. But, I have fixed many a problem with old steel items that I hoard. Neighbors call me the energizer bunny and I like fixing up things instead of taking them to the steel pile at the transfer station.
I can repair most mechanical problems. There are mechanical engineers today that don’t know what end of the screwdriver to use. Keeps me out of trouble. MTG

I get to scrap some cast iron irrigation pipe next week. Trying to figure out how I can use some 5" pipe LOL
Here's the third one. Going to use it for a trellis.

Posted By: ironbender Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Nice work there, Roy.
I’ll have more time after Aug 31, done with working every weekend, maybe retire Dec31.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Didn't take much skill for this project but I've been wanting something to hang bird feeders from and a place for ear corn. I ran across this farm implement wheel that worked just right. You bench backdrops look great and I bet your wife does like them.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: slumlord Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Entrance above the Tunnel of Love at Uncle Slumlord’s parking lot carnival.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I ain’t got time

I thought of you and hanco! LOL

Repurposed rocks into a table

T-111 ON POINT!
Here's the third one. Going to use it for a trellis.

It just screams GAY for some reason.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
i like it. i repurpose a lot of stuff, mostly made of wood. i have a pile of metal junk (literally) that i plan on making stuff out of but i have to work on my welding skills first. pretty rough.

Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
There are quite a few creative guys on here, let's see what you've repurposed. Absolutely love making something cool out of dogschit.

Pulled these two home-made driveway entryway wrought iron pieces out of the poison oak and hornets nests the other day and stitched them together into a heart for the wife for a backdrop to one of her garden benches. She hasn't seen it yet but she gunna love it.

Whadja build?

Not enough warmth.......

So how bad did you screw up that forced you into this reprofession of love project?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Around here, all the white folks bury up wagon wheels at their driveway entrances

And all the darkies put big concrete lions and tigers at their entrances. lol
Who could forget the greatest repurpose of all time- garden gnome to elf on a shelf?
Originally Posted by SCgman1

Not enough warmth.......
So how bad did you screw up that forced you into this reprofession of love project?

Go ahead and laugh, I'll be plowing tuna later while you're sitting home alone drinking PBR and listening to Hooty and the Blowfish and scraping the last of the KY jelly out of the 55 gallon drum.

A grown man using the “ignore” feature is the bytch of the house. She’ll plow you later
Posted By: deflave Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Looks great, Roy.

Not enough warmth.......

Go ahead and laugh, I'll be plowing tuna later while you're sitting home alone drinking PBR and listening to Hooty and the Blowfish and scraping the last of the KY jelly out of the 55 gallon drum.

I'm sure you're gonna do really great.........if you dont phug it up.....

What you got against hooty?
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21

Not enough warmth.......

Bet Consuela loves you putting her stanky tuna cat on blast over the interwebs.

(its not supposed to smell like low tide Roy)
Pretty much only buy new when we have to.
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Not enough warmth.......

Bet Consuela loves you putting her stanky tuna cat on blast over the interwebs.

(its not supposed to smell like low tide Roy)

Nothing a new repurposing project cant fix...
I gather up all the scrap plate, pipe and angle iron I can find. I enjoy making useful things out of it.
All kidding aside, Fireball (aka, plowboy) appears to be quite the artisan judging from the pix. If I recall correctly, he was posting the progress of the construction of his patio a couple of years ago, his abilities are most impressive.
Posted By: deflave Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Pretty much only buy new when we have to.

What a shock.
Shet to Shinola Builders, Inc

We repurpose nightmares into dreams.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
Repurposed an old log I found while walking the river bank. Also found the steel that I cut and rolled into circles. The map looks old but it’s actually new and I just weathered it for affect.

Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Repurposing - 06/26/21
These pieces are getting turned into stools for the table

Posted By: hanco Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
All kidding aside, Fireball (aka, plowboy) appears to be quite the artisan judging from the pix. If I recall correctly, he was posting the progress of the construction of his patio a couple of years ago, his abilities are most impressive.

Lots of hard work!!!
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Lots of cool projects but I especially like the Hanco grill.
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21

Whadja build?

Nice. When you have it, you spell it C-L-A-S-S.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Repurposed an old log I found while walking the river bank. Also found the steel that I cut and rolled into circles. The map looks old but it’s actually new and I just weathered it for affect.

Awesome...

Those trunks didnt happen to come from that apple orchard in the wizard of oz did they? They almost seem to have facial features.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Came from the Delaware river. Not sure where they floated in from. They kinda remind me of mulberry but that’s just a guess

This spot looks like a dirty butthole

Posted By: LeftHunter Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
I honestly think repurposed stuff can be some of the nicest and it’s a pretty smart way to go about life. Often times you get a better product for less money than anything you could buy new. I built our dining table last year out of some old oak boards and beams used in one of the horse stalls
Came from the Delaware river. Not sure where they floated in from. They kinda remind me of mulberry but that’s just a guess

This spot looks like a dirty butthole

As in, raised from the bottom of the river? That can be a lucrative excercise.
Nah the river is 45’ deep and runs pretty fast out to the Delaware bay and eventually the Atlantic Ocean about 50 miles away. I found them along the shoreline about 3/4 mile from where I park. Used a deer sled to drag them back to the truck. It’s not fun or easy but it’s worth it. Lots of big stuff washes up during storm tides and gets trapped high on the bank and just sits there for years.
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
I honestly think repurposed stuff can be some of the nicest and it’s a pretty smart way to go about life. Often times you get a better product for less money than anything you could by new. I built our dining table last year out of some old oak boards and beams used in one of the horse stalls

Turned out great. I like the black metal frame. Makes it stand out. What are the dimensions? Looks like you could have the whole family at one table for Christmas dinner
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
My guess would be sycamore. They get pretty knobby and grow by rivers.
There’s a couple sycamores washed up that I’d love to get but they’re about 4’ in diameter. Also a giant red oak but it gets wet every high tide. Sad that it’ll just rot away. I’ll do some research and see if there’s a positive way to identify them
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Used birch flooring, recovered chair.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Cool stuff fellas!!!!

Good thread!!!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Nice projects.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21

I'd bet you get lots of compliments on that. Well done.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21

WHat's your favorite song from Fiddler on the Roof?

lmao

I'll fix it. Here is a better option:

Lazy afternoon. 106 today, 114 tomorrow.

Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
That heart shaped thing you made was neat.

I appreciate things like that, and scavenge and make things from old shidt too.

Cool thread Ballz.

In a country where most things are considered disposable, it's cool to see things remade.
A fat man with a heart LOL I think she"s going to want to build another patio around it. These were leaning against a madrone tree for so long I had to cut the tree out of the expanded metal to move them.

Posted By: Azshooter Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Always interesting to see what members create.

Here is a elk and hay cart I fashioned using an old satellite dish for the sides. Some scrap aluminum, quick release wheel chair hubs with heavy duty BMX rims and spokes and some front castor type wheels. I did this when I was still teaching auto. We would place the largest kid in the class in the cart and the kids would take him and down the hall to test it. We had to adjust the castor angle so the front casters didn't shake like the shopping cart wheels. To date it has moved five elk and at least one hundred bales of alfalfa downhill to the storage barn.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21

Very cool.
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
I get to scrap some cast iron irrigation pipe next week. Trying to figure out how I can use some 5" pipe LOL

Do you have access to potatoes that are 5" in diameter? If not, go with those small decorative gourds or whatever the fouck they are called.

I have a 10' section of some really thick walled 3" yellow plastic pipe I've been wanting to repurpose into a spud gun. Don't know yet whether I will build it for compressed air, or gas.
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

Do you have access to potatoes that are 5" in diameter? If not, go with those small decorative gourds or whatever the fouck they are called.

I have a 10' section of some really thick walled 3" yellow plastic pipe I've been wanting to repurpose into a spud gun. Don't know yet whether I will build it for compressed air, or gas.

!!! I've got pumpkins up the wazoo!
A fat man with a heart LOL I think she"s going to want to build another patio around it. These were leaning against a madrone tree for so long I had to cut the tree out of the expanded metal to move them.

Looks great Fireball, and I can see this thing snowballing for a while, which can happen to show-offs with talent....
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Had some worn out slippers.

Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Solid work, right there....Good Job !

😬🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Solid work, right there....Good Job !

😬🦫

You better hope Jeremiah Johnson doesnt see this....it may come across as plagiarism

Then again I dont think his sole hinges featured self closing like yours.
Firewood bin for the patio pit keeps the rain off

Posted By: deflave Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Firewood bin for the patio pit keeps the rain off

Nothing quite like a backyard wienie roast in the pouring rain.
Reusing. Good old Dierks creosote posts.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Reusing. Good old Dierks creosote posts.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Shove em’ up the wazoo
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21
Flavor, Flav....Go to the cooking forum and answer some grill questions.

Fûck’n woman is hard to track down when she’s out hunting scalps.

🦫
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Repurposing - 06/27/21

Some of the wrought iron, hinges ,door knocker, handles I saved and stored from an antique set of busted up doors and some of the square pieces I chiseled out of an old fireplace before we demolished the building...with a lot help from a "Real carpenter" they became doors to the veggie garden. The only material store bought was the lumber.

Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Repurposing - 06/29/21
Originally Posted by EQFD193

Some of the wrought iron, hinges ,door knocker, handles I saved and stored from an antique set of busted up doors and some of the square pieces I chiseled out of an old fireplace before we demolished the building...with a lot help from a "Real carpenter" they became doors to the veggie garden. The only material store bought was the lumber.

Really nice work!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Repurposing - 06/29/21

Whadja build?

Doesn't look like any wrought iron I have seen.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Repurposing - 06/29/21
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Whadja build?

Doesn't look like any wrought iron I have seen.

Yep. Looks like wrought iron’s inbred cousin
© 24hourcampfire