Home
Posted By: ribka And another reason to buy Toyota - 06/28/21
American made and donate to the the GOP and don’t back down to the left wing woke crowd. Unlike GM and Ford who both donate heavily to the party of Marxism.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/toyota-tramples-cancel-mob-over-political-donations
ribka;
Good afternoon sir, I hope you're keeping cool enough today.

We've hit 109°F in the shade this afternoon, so I have now retreated out of the sun for a bit.

I'm happy to read that and hope that they don't cave into the current woke/snowflake agenda.

Then too, we've had some fantastic service from Toyota vehicles and that doesn't hurt either. I've got a 2005 Corolla sitting in the yard that was a commuter ride for it's entire life which is 230,000 km or about 142,000 miles so far.

In that time, I've replaced 4 spark plugs, the serpentine belt - it's tensioner too as I broke it being ham handed, the battery and I just did the brakes for the first time at 228,000.

Anyways, I'm sure that the Big 3 make great vehicles that run on and on too, but I haven't owned one yet. My 2003 Dodge Cummins certainly isn't in that category. wink

It is good to read of some companies doing what is right and true however, thanks much for bringing it to our attention.

Stay cool as possible and keep well watered.

Dwayne
Makes me even more happy I own a Boyota.
Detroit and UAW .....proly a few darkies in there.
My Camry and 4Runner are doing fine.

But I won’t condemn my 2006 Ford Ranger, it’s been around since Dec. 2005 and gotten me through some snow and ice to get to the cabin. Only needed 2 sets of tires, a starter, two batteries and 3 sets of wipers in the last 16 years. What more could I ask for?
I'm on my 6th Tacoma in 21 years. I'm recently retired so I'll be keeping the one I have now (2018 SR5) and hope to get many more years out of it. Love Toyota!
My 2015 Tundra with a 110,000 is just getting broken in. I have only had it for 40,000 miles but no issues. It replaced a 2006 Tacoma that had 200,000 on it.I bought that with 67,000. I had to replace the ball joints and such but never touched the engine or tranny or anything to do with the drive train. I would still be driving the Tacoma but we got a good size camper and preferred the extra towing capacity of the Tundra. I will most likely never be without a Toyota truck for the rest of my life.
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
My 2015 Tundra with a 110,000 is just getting broken in. I have only had it for 40,000 miles but no issues. It replaced a 2006 Tacoma that had 200,000 on it.I bought that with 67,000. I had to replace the ball joints and such but never touched the engine or tranny or anything to do with the drive train. I would still be driving the Tacoma but we got a good size camper and preferred the extra towing capacity of the Tundra. I will most likely never be without a Toyota truck for the rest of my life.

+1
I have 2 keepers.
Just plonked down a deposit on a new 4runner, it will be number 5. I have yet to spend a dime outside of PM and new shoes.

mike r
Been a Ford guy my whole life. Just saw their new woke ad posted here. I won’t be buying any more of their vehicles. Toyota it is.
My 2002 Camry just rolled over to 358,000 this weekend.
Originally Posted by BC30cal
ribka;
Good afternoon sir, I hope you're keeping cool enough today.

We've hit 109°F in the shade this afternoon, so I have now retreated out of the sun for a bit.

I'm happy to read that and hope that they don't cave into the current woke/snowflake agenda.

Then too, we've had some fantastic service from Toyota vehicles and that doesn't hurt either. I've got a 2005 Corolla sitting in the yard that was a commuter ride for it's entire life which is 230,000 km or about 142,000 miles so far.

In that time, I've replaced 4 spark plugs, the serpentine belt - it's tensioner too as I broke it being ham handed, the battery and I just did the brakes for the first time at 228,000.

Anyways, I'm sure that the Big 3 make great vehicles that run on and on too, but I haven't owned one yet. My 2003 Dodge Cummins certainly isn't in that category. wink

It is good to read of some companies doing what is right and true however, thanks much for bringing it to our attention.

Stay cool as possible and keep well watered.

Dwayne

My commuter is a 2005 Corolla. It's got a lot of miles on it now.....odometer stoped at 299,999 miles and it's been there quite a while now.

Wife drives a Sienna, we sold the last Sienna right before it got to 300,000 miles.

Have a Tundra that only gets used for farm work and hunting. It pulled several trailer loads of cattle and goats we wormed and rotated to new pasture this past weekend. It wouldn't know how to act without something in the bed or a trailer behind it.

Toyota's have been great for us.
UAW goons are gonna lose their MF minds.
Originally Posted by MarkWV

But I won’t condemn my 2006 Ford Ranger, it’s been around since Dec. 2005 and gotten me through some snow and ice to get to the cabin. Only needed 2 sets of tires, a starter, two batteries and 3 sets of wipers in the last 16 years. What more could I ask for?

I have a 4runner travel rig.......but use my 04 ranger as my daily commute......no complaints

It's actually........

'Toyoda'

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

A V8
Towing capacity
Legroom /Cabin storage
Cargo space
Ground clearance
A real work truck
I have a 2009 F150 that has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. When it's time to replace it, as much as I like Ford trucks, I will likely end up with a Toyota after seeing this crap. I already am no fan of unions and since it appears that Toyota trucks made in the US are not made in union factories, an even easier decision.
All my families personal vehicles are Toyotas...
My 2009 has 265k and still going strong. I hate to get rid of it! After pricing new Tacomas, I am going to keep it for another year or two. Just keep on gassin her up!
[Linked Image]
It’s hard not to like a Toyota truck. Tundra anyway, not a huge Taco fan.
The Taco is the only good one
Originally Posted by GregW
All my families personal vehicles are Toyotas...

Pretty much the same here. Older Brother and Sister both have Lexus vehicles. Younger brother has a Lexus. The only 1 that doesn't have a Toyota /Lexus product is my younger Sister but she has an 08 Honda Ridgeline. Not a real truck but pushing 300,000 and she does not tow anything. Now if my Brother in Law would get off his GMC/Chevy truck kick he would stop spending a ton in maintenance costs.;}
The article reads they are Bipartisan and donate equally to both sides.....
A friend has an F-350. I asked him how is it doing? He said “great! It’s got 200,000 miles on it, and I only had to rebuild the engine once. And, that brake shimmy that no one could diagnose finally went away on its own.” All while riding in my 4runner with 256,000 miles on it, and the only problem its ever had is the horn stopped working.
I need a 3/4 ton.
Not American-made, but my ‘98 T-100 just broke 300k…
Camry turbo deisel was the chit back in the day LOL
I wanted a Suburban. $50,000 for a ride with 50,000 miles. WTF man! No way. 2nd choice was a 4Runner.

It's costing a bunch of coin doing "upgrades". Tires, rock sliders, front winch bumper, winch, roof rack, lift kit, and on and on....

But it will go places the Suburban can only dream about. Wifey thinks it is pretty cool.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

A V8
Towing capacity
Legroom /Cabin storage
Cargo space
Ground clearance
A real work truck

My 4runners are for playing, I hire people to do that work stuff. You have, yet again, failed in an effort to sound masculine. Keep trying though, you make the other sock puppets appear smart and butch.

mike r
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
The article reads they are Bipartisan and donate equally to both sides.....

So they do what US companies have typically done. They basically stay out of politics other than that which directly impacts there company. They don’t pick sides and stick there nose in to culture wars politically or in media. I can live with that. I won’t support a virtue signaling left leaning company unless I have absolutely no other choice.
Originally Posted by lvmiker

A V8
Towing capacity
Legroom /Cabin storage
Cargo space
Ground clearance
A real work truck

My 4runners are for playing, I hire people to do that work stuff. You have, yet again, failed in an effort to sound masculine. Keep trying though, you make the other sock puppets appear smart and butch.

mike r

The purpose of that was to show the major shortcomings compared to a bigger truck. That’s funny you thought of masculinity though. Kinda creepy .
It appears Toyota Donates equally to both parties, so except for standing up to the bulling it's no big deal.
b browneye has a truck that makes him manly, that is kinda creepy but consistent.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
b browneye has a truck that makes him manly, that is kinda creepy but consistent.

mike r

Yeah ok

Fugktard
LOL
Originally Posted by ribka
American made and donate to the the GOP and don’t back down to the left wing woke crowd. Unlike GM and Ford who both donate heavily to the party of Marxism.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/toyota-tramples-cancel-mob-over-political-donations

It would actually be weird if Toyota, GM and Ford contributions didn't parallel each other being in the same industry and all, and they do.

Also, fwiw going back 30 years, prior to the 2020 cycle GM and Ford only favored the Dems twice each.
I drive about 40 to 50K a year

NO doubt in my Mind Toyotas are the best vehicles made
The only complaint my Tundra is a fuel pig
but pulls like no other 1/2 ton I have ever driven

Lots of Toyotas in our drives way not real popular with the locals

Hank
I am biased for a couple reasons, but the treatment our soldiers received by Japanese soldiers in WW2 is all I’ll ever need to know . My .02
Love my 2000 Tundra V-8 4x4.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I'm on my third Tacoma. First two were sold with 240,000+ and were still my everyday driver. Very low maint. with either or my current taco which has 108,000. It's just getting broke in!
I've had my 4Runner a little over 2 years. It still feels and runs like new. 18k miles. By this time, I was already having front end problems with my Explorer, which I also bought new.
Originally Posted by BigPine
I am biased for a couple reasons, but the treatment our soldiers received by Japanese soldiers in WW2 is all I’ll ever need to know . My .02

Completely understandable.
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Been a Ford guy my whole life. Just saw their new woke ad posted here. I won’t be buying any more of their vehicles. Toyota it is.

I was pretty much set to buy a Super Duty. Looks like I have to revisit the Tundra.

Im biased because communists killed family members ion my mom's of the family the in past, plus over 100 million innocent people the past century , so no Obama/Biden GM vehicles for me

How about German and Italian vehicles?
Originally Posted by ribka

Im biased because communists killed family members ion my mom's of the family the in past, plus over 100 million innocent people the past century , so no Obama/Biden GM vehicles for me

My Dad was a WWIi veteran. He served with Mcarthur's in the South Pacific. He was also a strong union man. For 40 years I heard him preach about buying stuff from the bastards that he had to kill. By 2000, or so, he was saying how stupid it was to buy inferior equipment and owned a Honda.
He , and all , have every right . All I’m saying is that’s how I feel . German and Italian etc also . Just my stance .
Still unclear on how Toyota's political contributions are less commie and more right-leaning than GM or Ford?

Toyota

GM

Ford
I believe most Americans would prefer to buy American products. When they can't afford to...it's not up to the consumer to fix the problem.
While I like Toyotas, I wouldn't exactly cite this....

"contribute equally to the Democratic and Republican parties."

and this...

"we decided against giving to some members who, through their statements and actions, undermine the legitimacy of our elections and institutions."

as cultural wins for us.

But at least they didn't call us racists so I guess there's that.
Yep Toyota awesome, have had more recalls than any other manufacturer in the past five years, and for ten years in the early to mid 2000s couldn't put frame under a vehicle that would last...,..but who's counting.
He , and all , have every right . All I’m saying is that’s how I feel . German and Italian etc also . Just my stance .

You realize that Toyota Tundra trucks are built here?

What “American “ vehicles do you own, by chance?

A V8
Towing capacity
Legroom /Cabin storage
Cargo space
Ground clearance
A real work truck

But I didn’t need that.
Towing Capacity- I don’t tow anything
Legroom/Cabin Storage- Fit’s me and I haul my wife and 4 Shelties to the cabin.
Cargo Space - I have a Fiberglass lid over the bed.
Ground Clearance- never dragged the mud or snow.
Real work truck- I used a Subaru for work, now I use the Camry. Office job.

Ranger has been good for hauling stuff to the cabin, hauling stuff to the dump, mulch, gravel…it’s done the job. But I will say, gas milage sucks in a 2006 Ford Ranger 4X4 extended cab. Best part is that the 1992 design was proven and all the bugs worked out by the time I bought this truck.
Originally Posted by 303savage
Yep Toyota awesome, have had more recalls than any other manufacturer in the past five years, and for ten years in the early to mid 2000s couldn't put frame under a vehicle that would last...,..but who's counting.

Versus do like Ford and GM which is do nothing until enough people are killed or maimed and the lawsuits stack up to the point where they have to do something?
Originally Posted by MadMooner
It’s hard not to like a Toyota truck. Tundra anyway, not a huge Taco fan.

It's really not hard at all.

Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Is there a way a guy can look up the board of directors for Toyota?

Toyota Board

I've never owned a vehicle that didn't need a bunch of work... or a g/f... or a wife.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I've never owned a vehicle that didn't need a bunch of work... or a g/f... or a wife.

If it has tits or tires it’s gonna give you trouble.
Originally Posted by 303savage

That doesn't work anymore. It just doesn't.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Yep , I sure do Mr. Toot . I don’t think I referenced that at all. It’s still the Mother Company , to me . Again, I said it’s just my .02 cents worth which doesn’t really mean anything other than to me and my family . Which is what matters to me . My wife has a Tahoe and and I have a GMC truck if that’s important for you to know . I am not judging just stating my position .

There was not much we would recognize as civilized about Japanese society prior to 1950. The thought process of the Oriental Peoples was very foreign to Western Civilization.

It was a very alien culture. I wonder how much that has changed?

We did kill between 2.5 and 3 million of them during the war (which they started) and totally destroyed the nature of their ethnicity via "Westernization" if that makes one feel any better about it.

I have never owned a Datsun, or a Honda (with more than two tires), even though both have been recognized for quality since the seventies.

My first auto was a 71 Celica. My first NEW vehicle was an 82 Toyota 3/4 ton (LOL) pickup. After careful comparison with the Ford Ranger and Chevy S-10. The Dollar was strong against the Yen at the time. The 82 Toyota PU was twice the rig the S-10 or Ranger were. The Toyota cost new $7000 vs best price of around $11K for the Ford or the Chevy @ 13% interest rates on auto loans at that time. A young man give up a lot of prejudices for that kind of difference in monthly payment.

I owned several Celicas until they went to FWD in 86 and destroyed the entire concept of the vehicle. I have owned several Toyota pickups including a couple 4x4, all with IL4 engines. I still drive a 22RE Toyota pickup for a daily commuter which can make a run to the dump or pack cans of fuel home to the tractors. Even had a 92 4Runner in the mix for a while. I would probably still own and drive it if had been equipped with a 22RE.

I am drooling real hard over the new Toyota 86 these days. It is everything the Celica always should have been. 2800 pounds pushed by a RWD 200 HP two liter naturally aspirated 4 cylinder that does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds instead of 12 seconds from the best of the older models. That may just be my retirement present to me in 18 months.
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Still unclear on how Toyota's political contributions are less commie and more right-leaning than GM or Ford?

Toyota

GM

Ford

Excellent links. Thanks for posting that info. Eye-opening data
I bought my first Toyota 4X4 in 87 and have had at least one ever since.
I ran a couple of used high mileage Tacomas from high school through college. Ran 2 new Tacomas for 10 years after that. Two new Tundras since then.

800k miles, give or take..... Plenty of heavy towing with the Tundras, and pretty good hunting abuse on ALL of them.

Never a single issue. Never even a new spark plug or belt in a single one of them. I honestly cannot remember even getting new break pads. Just oil, wiper blades, air filters, etc.

Pretty amazing vehicles.

Toyota

GM

Ford

This site really is eye opening
I have looked at some corps that I have ties with
its eye opening to say the least

Thank You for posting
Hank
Land Cruiser in my garage and glad of it.
there is no good reason to own a toyota,period
Originally Posted by srwshooter
there is no good reason to own a toyota,period

If you say so
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Yep , I sure do Mr. Toot . I don’t think I referenced that at all. It’s still the Mother Company , to me . Again, I said it’s just my .02 cents worth which doesn’t really mean anything other than to me and my family . Which is what matters to me . My wife has a Tahoe and and I have a GMC truck if that’s important for you to know . I am not judging just stating my position .

Plenty fair enough, Big Pine.
Thanks
Old Scoot barely affords a Hyundai
Originally Posted by duck911
I ran a couple of used high mileage Tacomas from high school through college. Ran 2 new Tacomas for 10 years after that. Two new Tundras since then.

800k miles, give or take..... Plenty of heavy towing with the Tundras, and pretty good hunting abuse on ALL of them.

Never a single issue. Never even a new spark plug or belt in a single one of them. I honestly cannot remember even getting new break pads. Just oil, wiper blades, air filters, etc.

Pretty amazing vehicles.

It’s obvious you are lying unless it took you twenty years to get through college. Dumb fugk LOL
I like some of the logic here😂

Japs and WW2😂. You southern boys shouldn’t buy anything made in the north, because of the way confederate soldiers were treated in northern POW camps and vis versa. Or anything German made...or meskin made because of the cartels and illegals. Oh and Canada, them snobby arrogant Canadains...lol
Hoping the new Tundra is a win. Glad my current one only has 110,000 miles on it. Should be good for quite a while if I decide to hold off on a new truck.
I’ll keep my Ford’s
I have a 14 Tundra, wife has a 16 4 runner

Used to chevy , I upgraded
Originally Posted by 163bc
Land Cruiser in my garage and glad of it.

Of course I drive Toyoda's.......

here's the LC's brother the LX currently with 196K mies

Pretty much done building it...front/rear steel bumpers...

12K lb winch..drawers...suspension...17" tires/wheels..etc

Ya all know Toyoda builds fine products...then & now......

yes...lame driveway pic

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I just love these threads. I've had my Toyota for 250,000 miles and in all that time I've only had to replace...
Them old fellers at the SKB plant in japan built my weatherby orion......did a fine job.
Ever work with Toyota on a project?

Might change your view.

You bet your azz they are at war with us, dollars instead of bullets these days.

My daily driver.

Nice vehicles.
No friend of this country.

But hell, our domestic corporations may be as bad.
I was really interested in buying a new 4Runner for our daily driver but, when I looked at all the hi-tech BS they come saddled with, I gave up on the idea. Probably a great vehicle (although the gas mileage sux) but the overuse of electronic gimmickry just leaves me cold. This probably means I'll never have another new car. GD

In other words.......bigotry.
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I just love these threads. I've had my Toyota for 250,000 miles and in all that time I've only had to replace...

Funny, but...

You wouldn't want to service the list I did on my Explorer and Trailblazer.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Nice vehicles.
No friend of this country.

But hell, our domestic corporations may be as bad.

Worse.

American corps suck. They are the ENEMY.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

My daily driver.

Nice ride, Mackay.
Mac,

What year is that?

I guess you and Jack Carr/James Reece have similar vehicle interests.

Toyota

GM

Ford

Don`t confuse the Toyota boys with the facts.They want to send their money to a Country that attacked us and in order to justify it call American Companies Commies.The fact is I have had good service from GM products.My Son owns the largest independent car repair shop in Wisconsin .He has certifications from Ford ,Chrysler,GMC,Toyota and says Toyota has its share of problems also.
What he said. Shame so many don't know or have forgotten what the Japanese did to people in the last century.
What he said. Shame so many don't know or have forgotten what the Japanese did to people in the last century.

We live in a country where we slaughter millions of innocent, unborn babies every year. Why would you expect anyone to give a ratsazzz about that?

The same is being said about the White man...

Good to know where you fall.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Mac,

What year is that?

I guess you and Jack Carr/James Reece have similar vehicle interests.

1990 FJ62.

The last year of that body style. Took a good bit of body work to get it cleaned up.

In original form when I bought it.

after paint and body

Did the interior to match

and the dash:

As Bob and I were slogging Mama's 05 Durango through the Owyhee Mountains mud a couple weeks ago, I mentioned my envy of that blue Toyota.

That is a fine rig.
I hope ever Leftist buys a "Stellantis" product, and it makes their lives miserable.
I've never really understood the argument that Toyota's are made here in the USA. While that is true and they do provide good paying jobs, the bottom line is the profits go back to the mother country which is Japan and not the USA. I'll continue to buy an American made vehicle where the profits stay here in the USA. JMO
Originally Posted by jaytee
I've never really understood the argument that Toyota's are made here in the USA. While that is true and they do provide good paying jobs, the bottom line is the profits go back to the mother country which is Japan and not the USA. I'll continue to buy an American made vehicle where the profits stay here in the USA. JMO

Assembled would be a more accurate description
Originally Posted by pal
Love my 2000 Tundra V-8 4x4.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I really enjoy my 2001 as well. Looking forward to a new '22 when available!

The profits go back to the share holders from all over the world including the US.

That is f’kn hilarious !!
Originally Posted by EdM

The profits go back to the share holders from all over the world including the US.

I'm unfamiliar with the finer points of big businesses. If it's openly traded on the market, does that mean the board of directors doesn't profit from or control/direct/manage the company?
Originally Posted by JGRaider

We live in a country where we slaughter millions of innocent, unborn babies every year. Why would you expect anyone to give a ratsazzz about that?

Word.
© 24hourcampfire