Home
Posted By: slumlord Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Getting a lot tired of it and the selfishness of it. Also think majority of it is fake. Just titty babies.

Having a gathering out here today.

In-laws, (sheesh)
Son has his girlfriend about 10 of his college friends coming over, some with their girlies.

The house lady is in a big whirlwind buzzing around here last 24 hours like a honeybee.

Going to make a few batches of homemade cookies.
So and so can’t be around peanut butter. So PB cookies are out. God forbid, the whole kitchen could be contaminated.

No pecan chips in the chocolate chip cookies
No walnuts in the brownies that are baking right now either

Strawberry pie, who knows the terrible toxins that might reveal.

Go through this at Thanksgiving.
Someone doesnt like celery in the dressing
Another doesnt like onions in the dressing
Another doesnt like shredded chicken minced into the dressing.
Oh and no one wants dressing that’s been stuffed up a turkey’s ass

3 different pans of dressing
Posted By: slumlord Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
I may have found them the main demograph

lol

No nut bitch asses, wahhh I got diverticulitis, nuts get under my dentures

Posted By: lvmiker Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Tolerance is over rated. Get some Epi- pens and sell them at a gross profit to the afflicted. One of those credit card thingies on your phone or friends and family can take up a collection as the wimp turns blue. When their heels start drumming on the floor you can name your price.

Happy 4th to everyonegrin

mike r
Posted By: Old_Tucson Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Serve what ever you like. Someone does not agree, tough shiit, bring your own food.
George
Posted By: Huntz Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Originally Posted by Old_Tucson
Serve what ever you like. Someone does not agree, tough shiit, bring your own food.
George

^^^^^^^^
This,when we invite someone for dinner we tell them if they can`t eat what we are serving ,stop at Micky D`s and get you some.
The house mother here is overly accommodating, she likes to be 1st in things that don’t count.

Ain’t my party, I can’t really go full VarmintDouche on anyone.

I just got an update:

A small side pan of brownies will contain some walnuts and is being cut from the herd.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
We're all in this together.
Risky business

BYO Epi-Pen
Posted By: MARCEL Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Part of the ongoing system to have everyone scared of everything or diagnosed with some affliction when the real problem is being a sheltered pusssy. Anytime I look up a recipe now and check the comments you can't get 3 comments in without someone wanting to sub in 90% of the GD recipe with fake chit. Its called meatloaf, if you can't process meat oats eggs ketchup etc then go have some lab created faux burger and STFU.
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Is it you that has the wife nurse ? If so , get her , if she can , some epi pen demos and lay them out on the table , and tell the quest these for you allergic folks , if you start having trouble breathing , please help yourself .
When I fix dinner , you eat it like I serve it , or go hungry , I ain’t fixing this that way and this this way .
A person has ever went hungry , you’ll get over that particular shiet .
Kenneth
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
What kind of dressing doesn't have celery and onions? JFC
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

That’s an in-law phenomenon

They’d rather eat cheap hot dogs, winn dixie potato chips and buttermilk over white bread

I put a halt to even fixing a turkey last couple of years. No one eats it.
They just want mashed potatoes, rolls and desserts.

Oh and I got a brother in law that doesn’t like frosting on cake. So Nana or the wife makes him a batch of dry bald vanilla cupcakes.
Says he’s allergic to chocolate frosting.

SMH

I grew up in the trailer park, I’ve never known so many picky eaters these last few years.

Posted By: 5sdad Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Maybe if they all just had emotional-support animals they would be all right.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
My middle kid allergicy to red dye, strawberries, peanuts, and processed meats......when little. Itching/ horrible rash.

Still snuck ot off and on, said the itch was worth it....while ripping her hide open.

Twenties now, can eat it in small.amounts usually w no effect
I dont like much frosting. Scrape off 90% and chow
Not fuggin difficult.
One microgram of mustard and McDonalds cheeseburger happy meal was rendered inedible. According to my daughter.

😐
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

They’d rather eat cheap hot dogs, winn dixie potato chips and buttermilk over white bread

Oh and I got a brother in law that doesn’t like frosting on cake. So Nana or the wife makes him a batch of dry bald vanilla cupcakes.

SMH

I grew up in the trailer park, I’ve never known so many picky eaters these last few years.

Comedy gold right there
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
I hear you loud and clear . Wife's niece and her boyfriend wont eat pork , can't eat tomatoes , don't like onions .

Last time they brought their own steaks and boyfriend brought his own scotch .
I just had a gyro w onions.
Am allergic to onions.
Gonna feel like chit fot next hr or two.
Worth it
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Sounds like evil #2's fambly.

Pickiest bunch of eaters I ever seen. It was a nightmare getting them to all agree on a restaurant.

My current wife is in agreement with me, if we're doing the cooking we'll be having what we want to eat with more than enough to go around. If they don't want that then its on them.
Posted By: hanco Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Is it you that has the wife nurse ? If so , get her , if she can , some epi pen demos and lay them out on the table , and tell the quest these for you allergic folks , if you start having trouble breathing , please help yourself .
When I fix dinner , you eat it like I serve it , or go hungry , I ain’t fixing this that way and this this way .
A person has ever went hungry , you’ll get over that particular shiet .
Kenneth

Sounds like Wifey, eat it or don’t. Bring your own cshit to eat if you don’t like ours.
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Try having a kids birthday party,my wife got 2 emails the last pre covid one we had.One mother had to make sure no nuts were served or used in the Birthday cake .....
Or if nuts WERE used in the cake,could we supply / make a seperate cake for her kid with no nuts.
The other mom wanted to know the menu,then said she needed us to supply a seperate Gluten free pizza for HER kid to eat .I can t imagine what goes on in a school lunch room now.
Posted By: Sako Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Getting a lot tired of it and the selfishness of it. Also think majority of it is fake. Just titty babies.

In-laws, (sheesh)
Son has his girlfriend about 10 of his college friends coming over, some with their girlies.

The house lady is in a big whirlwind buzzing around here last 24 hours like a honeybee.

So and so can’t be around peanut butter. So PB cookies are out. God forbid, the whole kitchen could be contaminated.

In all honesty there is a huge difference between like and an allergy... My wife is allergic to gluten... Doctor tested and proven... then there are also a lot of those out there that are preference and that is annoying.

The preference people and do not like people make it hard for those who actually have a real issue
Posted By: Sako Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Try having a kids birthday party,my wife got 2 emails the last pre covid one we had.One mother had to make sure no nuts were served or used in the Birthday cake .....
Or if nuts WERE used in the cake,could we supply / make a seperate cake for her kid with no nuts.
The other mom wanted to know the menu,then said she needed us to supply a seperate Gluten free pizza for HER kid to eat .I can t imagine what goes on in a school lunch room now.

If someone is going somewhere and there are things they cannot eat... they should bring something for themselves... My wife is allerfic to Gluten... Doctor proven and when we go to events she brings something she can eat.... other should do the same.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21

In-laws, (sheesh)

Tell em to make like a baby and fúck off.
I think youre right Sako

It’s just people and kids being finicky

That’s really what I believe with my bunch.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
My solution is alway BYOF.....”Bring Your Own Food”

🦫
Posted By: Hogeye Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Went to the health food store to buy treats for kids who had food allergies, and found cookies with no wheat, sugar, chocolate, or nuts. Found a brand called "Nookies." Worst nookie I ever ate.

SMH

Dang!

All beef or mechanically separated chicken dogs?
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
I think nuts in brownies and cookies sucks.
I’d be damned if I ever told a host or hostess that after being invited over. Don’t like, it don’t eat it.

Glu-tards are the worst.
ought to be a rule, use strawberries, tree nuts, peanuts, clam juice, and gluten in every damn thing you make to offer to folks.

If'n they die they were too weak to live anyways. Oh and pig fat, pollen, mold, msg, tons of sugar, and old lady perfume.

Anyone that can't eat that ain't worth livin anyways.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
ought to be a rule, use strawberries, tree nuts, peanuts, clam juice, and gluten in every damn thing you make to offer to folks.

If'n they die they were too weak to live anyways. Oh and pig fat, pollen, mold, msg, tons of sugar, and old lady perfume.

Anyone that can't eat that ain't worth livin anyways.

Word

🦫
Also, they need to drink a 1/5 of hard brown likker, a pack of camel non-filters, and piss standing up.

Anybody that pukes, coughs, or pees off the mark gets tossed off the roof.

Anything less than blue/green/grey eyes get a hammer to the back of the head as well. No need for that [bleep] either.
Well....at least this Purell-Pandemic hasn't weakened us as a species.
Also, they need to drink a 1/5 of hard brown likker, a pack of camel non-filters, and piss standing up.

Anything less than blue/green/grey eyes get a hammer to the back of the head as well. No need for that [bleep] either.

Word II

LOL

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Word II

LOL

🦫

Me'n Beav are still on the roof. Is anyone else left?

Word II

LOL

🦫

Me'n Beav are still on the roof. Is anyone else left?

Flave left his helmet at home. He won’t climb without it.

🦫
Posted By: deflave Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Combine with a CPAP user and you got one of the most annoying other fugkers on the planet.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Originally Posted by Sako

In-laws, (sheesh)

In all honesty there is a huge difference between like and an allergy... My wife is allergic to gluten... Doctor tested and proven... then there are also a lot of those out there that are preference and that is annoying.

The preference people and do not like people make it hard for those who actually have a real issue

Yep. I do better without grains and sugar but I am not Celiac. If I go to someone's house to eat, I eat what they put in front of me and get back on the wagon later. Someone with an allergy can't do that.
Posted By: deflave Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I think nuts in brownies and cookies sucks.
I’d be damned if I ever told a host or hostess that after being invited over. Don’t like, it don’t eat it.

Glu-tards are the worst.

“My doctor said…”

LOL
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
I was a kid in the 80’s.

No food allergies back then.

Your head swole up. Just take some benedrill and roll on.

#countrystrong
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I was a kid in the 80’s.

#countrystrong

Yep. Same when I was a kid in the late 60’s early 70’s.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I was a kid in the 80’s.

#countrystrong

Not sure it was even a real ailment back them....At least we never heard about food allergies.

If a kid had a swollen face, we’d just call him cow-head for a day.

🦫
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
My mother had a sign in her kitchen: You have two choices for dinner: Take it or Leave it.
George

^^^This^^^
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
Picky eaters are a pita! It comes from overindulgence. I’ve a few nieces and nephews who will only eat this, not eat that. I’ve the perfect cure - let em starve (ya right, little bastards are 20#+ overweight). Hunger makes a wonderful sauce. Damn wimmenz always undercut me though. Can’t stand to see baby Huey crying about not being served cookies for dinner. 🙄

Different times. My mom would make a big nasty pot of white beans. She would throw in a little salt, garlic, and maybe a few chunks of ham and boil away! We had to eat that gruel til it was gone; which was often three days. I should have had stock in catchup as a kid. I’d be rich. My mother can can ruin a pot of boiling water and she doesn’t care either.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Picky eaters are a pita! It comes from overindulgence. I’ve a few nieces and nephews who will only eat this, not eat that. I’ve the perfect cure - let em starve (ya right, little bastards are 20#+ overweight). Hunger makes a wonderful sauce. Damn wimmenz always undercut me though. Can’t stand to see baby Huey crying about not being served cookies for dinner. 🙄

PREZACTLY!!!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
I hate hearing someone say "I don't eat that". Is it because they can't for some reason or they just won't. If they have a real allergy, say so. Otherwise shut up and eat what's in front of you.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
I agree. Serve the normal fare. People can bring a dish if they want something different. But if someone wants tofurkey or beyond meat, get a rope.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
My problem is that I can eat anything and like most everything. Minimal carbs and sugar is bad but being flabby would be worse. Thankfully tonight is a cheat night so a big pile of basmati rice smothered w/ lamb tikka masala, after a couple of G & Ts.

#ifyouindulgeyoubulge

mike r
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21

In-laws, (sheesh)

Lol!!!!

You have heard my opinon a million times about all this...
Buncha ungrateful manipulative controling babies IMO..
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Different times. My mom would make a big nasty pot of white beans. She would throw in a little salt, garlic, and maybe a few chunks of ham and boil away! We had to eat that gruel til it was gone; which was often three days. I should have had stock in catchup as a kid. I’d be rich. My mother can can ruin a pot of boiling water and she doesn’t care either.

My grandfather used to give me that Great Depression speech.

Might as well eat those little rabbit turd green English peas or the green giant green beans with the cûm sauce on em. 🤮

It would shut him up. Just swallow them like pills with a slug of lemonade.

Cause he’d sure as shît warm them up for you the next day.

😩
The house mother here is overly accommodating, she likes to be 1st in things that don’t count.

Ain’t my party, I can’t really go full VarmintDouche on anyone.

I just got an update:

A small side pan of brownies will contain some walnuts and is being cut from the herd.

LOL!!!

You know what I'm chuckling about.
Originally Posted by renegade50

In-laws, (sheesh)

Lol!!!!

Rentagaite wants me to Ex-Lax everyone

😂😱😖

Dressing that should have some exlax in it.

I have told slumlord a millionsix times.

Exlax the fugg outta these finicky on purpose fuggs.
Keeps happening to em.
They wont be pulling this "special all for me and I made you jump thru hula hoops to do it to"

SMH

Landon......

LOL!!!
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/03/21
When I was a kid in elementary school, JImmy Carter worked some sort of con where he forced the school systems to buy huge amounts of peanuts from his Georgia mafia buddies. Every damn school lunch for at least two years had a handful of roasted peanuts as a side item.

If you did that now, the school cafeteria would look like Jonestown.
I think youre right Sako

It’s just people and kids being finicky

That’s really what I believe with my bunch.

Nooooooooo waaaay.....
🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴😁😁😁😁😁😁
Posted By: slumlord Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Originally Posted by auk1124
When I was a kid in elementary school, JImmy Carter worked some sort of con where he forced the school systems to buy huge amounts of peanuts from his Georgia mafia buddies. Every damn school lunch for at least two years had a handful of roasted peanuts as a side item.

If you did that now, the school cafeteria would look like Jonestown.

Word

I grew up in Savannah, then moved to Columbus, Ga

A barely remember the school lunch, except that the spaghetti and giant hot fresh rolls.
Best meal I got all day

Until the old man made it through OCS and flight school
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Originally Posted by renegade50

In-laws, (sheesh)

Lol!!!!

Rentagaite wants me to Ex-Lax everyone

😂😱😖

Been saying it for years.

Khan pissed me off about her food finicky schit 20 or so years ago.

I exlaxed her hot sauce bottle of Texas Pete,s.
Woman had the schits for 2 weeks.
Lol!!!
She was talking to me about it.
I asked maybe it is something in your diet you eat everyday.

She came up with the deduction she had bought a bad bottle of texas petes.

Revealed it to me like she was a genius figuring it out.

LMFAO!!!!
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
You need to exlax baby huey..
Nice special rice crispy treats or something that will tempt the 2: 37 am fridge raider.

After all the stunts he pulls eating everyone else's stuff.
And doing it on purpose.
All the time.

Gawd forbid if he dont get his 7k of calories each day.

🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑
No organ replacements either. Run what you got. If'n it fails, go with some dignity.
Posted By: 673 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Do you check out their Kidneys while there filling their plates with food that may send them off in an amberlamps?
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
A few years back gluten intolerance became a big fad at the local university. We went to church with several of them and every church dinner or activity turned into a huge planning event making sure to get some gluten free of everything. I finally said screw it and told them all that if the couldn't eat gluten bring their own stuff to the Christmas party. It was amazing how many of them managed to knock off a few regular bread rolls at the party.

The whole gluten intolerance thing was a fad like their fake dark framed reading glasses and lumber jack beards on a 120 pound guy in skinny jeans who couldn't pick up a chain saw much less start one.

I spent the morning watching the parade near the local university and fearing for the future of our country as all the soy boy college students around us talked fashion.

Bb
Like the fanatical folks looking for their own seat on a spaceship supporting the Bundy's.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
A few years back gluten intolerance became a big fad at the local university. We went to church with several of them and every church dinner or activity turned into a huge planning event making sure to get some gluten free of everything. I finally said screw it and told them all that if the couldn't eat gluten bring their own stuff to the Christmas party. It was amazing how many of them managed to knock off a few regular bread rolls at the party.

The whole gluten intolerance thing was a fad like their fake dark framed reading glasses and lumber jack beards on a 120 pound guy in skinny jeans who couldn't pick up a chain saw much less start one.

I spent the morning watching the parade near the local university and fearing for the future of our country as all the soy boy college students around us talked fashion.

Bb

Yep. But you forgot to mention their man buns.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
No organ replacements either. Run what you got. If'n it fails, go with some dignity.

No doubt, and if you were a retard, they just took the name calling as another day in paradise.

#WhyMakeFunOfNormalKids

🦫

haha

They need me, Met-Life is paying their bills and the engineers office is holding my job till some young onion-head gets smashed on his motorsickle. 😃

No doubt, and if you were a retard, they just took the name calling as another day in paradise.

#WhyMakeFunOfNormalKids

🦫

Don;t be picking on the retards now. They have computers and logins to the 'fire. It ain't like it used to be where their folks kept them at home and fed them cat food.

haha

They need me, Met-Life is paying their bills and the engineers office is holding my job till some young onion-head gets smashed on his motorsickle. 😃

Glad you took it in the manner intended. Lots a medical shidt is bullschidt whiners. Some of it ain't.

Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21

#WhyMakeFunOfNormalKids

🦫

Don;t be picking on the retards now. They have computers and logins to the 'fire. It ain't like it used to be where their folks kept them at home and fed them cat food.

That’s my point...Back in the good ol days, retards were tough. They had a spine - sorta. They understood life dealt them a bad hand, but they still tried to play it.

Now days, every tard has a special needs advocacy group that will crucify a dude for a simple joke about his best bud being held back in 2nd grade.

🦫
They used to put 18,19 year old retards in with our 7,8 grade physical education class

Had this one guy name David, 6-4 prob 275 lbs

You didn’t want to mouth off to him, he thought he was The Karate Kid
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
They used to put 18,19 year old retards in with our 7,8 grade physical education class

Had a cousin like that. Could beat everyone in arm wrestling too. You didn’t want to piss him off either.
Posted By: Tuco Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
George

Bullseye
Posted By: deflave Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Had a cousin like that. Could beat everyone in arm wrestling too. You didn’t want to piss him off either.

I'm shocked to read you have retards in your family.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21

In-laws, (sheesh)

It is a bit simpler at my house...if they don't like it then they don't have to eat it, I don't mind if someone prefers to go hungry.
Posted By: DeoVindice Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21

#WhyMakeFunOfNormalKids

🦫

Is that where Stick came from?
Posted By: deflave Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
The peanut allergy people are the best.

They act like a jar of JIFFY is a WMD.

LOL
Posted By: okie Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Started getting hives about two years ago. Got pretty bad with it and finally went and got tested they gave me a whole list of stuff that I react to . After about 6 months I pretty much have figured out what works now but have had to put my foot down on everyone trying to accommodate me as they were going to extremes not to have some of that stuff around. Told them not to do it as I know what I can tolerate and what I can't and not worry about it. Eating something that affects me is like touching something hot now, I just don't do it. But they gotta live their lives and don't need to scrub their whole kitchen or some such truck.
Having figured out my malady has worked well for me though I eat simple good for me stuff and lost about 25 lbs. Some of the stuff on the list I can have in moderation and some of it will make me swell up like a toad and I have to avoid it. I nearly have everyone trained now not to worry about me ....
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
I like nuts, walnuts, peanuts and the like but just don't be fuggin up cookies or brownies by putting nuts in em.

My mother fixes this kick ass fruit salad that has walnuts in it but her baby boy gets a special bowl w no nuts added.

You all can kiss mommas 45 year old baby boys ass!! 😁

A bud has an allergy to shellfish. When we go out I can't even order food that has shellfish as the utensils used to cook can contaminate his food. His wife carries an epi pen now but before that if he started clearing his throat while eating he would get up and take a trip to the ER for a shot.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Had a Korean War vet friend that was a allergic to nuts.
Didn't make a big deal about it, only told people who needed to know.
Miss Bernie, a lot!

Another friend in the same circle has Celiac. Again no big deal, she
has felt with it quietly, for decades.

The nut allergy isn't a joke, when it's real.

Pisses me off at all these posers. They corrupt a real issue, one
that is significant to the afflicted. All for look-at-me moments.
Seems to work,.
Maybe Tuesday I'll rub charcoal on my face, and head to the Welfare office.
"I'm allergic to work, can't you see the evidence?"
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I like nuts, walnuts, peanuts and the like but just don't be fuggin up cookies or brownies by putting nuts in em...

Yet another person with good sense!
People being picky eaters and complaining are just being jerks, but legitimate nut allergies are not funny. Pull some [bleep] that you think is being funny and watch a family member go into shock and die. Laugh all the way to the cemetery.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Lobster always gave me a weird headache. Ever since I was a kid.

Shrimp and scallops were fine

About 2000 i got an iodine xray, they said it was a diff isotope. Turned red, itched all over inside, got hot.

Shrimp was still OK after that but last 10 yrs a no go.

Posted By: krp Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Turkey dressing, boil the neck, heart, liver and shred, celery, onion, broth from the pan and stuff both ends.

Wife's family wants raisins in it... F'that F'n raisins!... but mom made it that way... NO F'N RAISINS...

F'n raisins... pisses me off just thinking about it.

Kent
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Originally Posted by krp
Turkey dressing, boil the neck, heart, liver and shred, celery, onion, broth from the pan and stuff both ends.

Wife's family wants raisins in it... F'that F'n raisins!... but mom made it that way... NO F'N RAISINS...

Kent

I consider myself pretty open minded.

But Raisins??

Yikes!
Raisins in dressing? Sounds kinda bizarre. I'd try it one time to see if it was okay or no go. First time I've ever heard of that one, not something done in Alabama.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
I know a kid w a severe peanut allergy.
Poor little guy is allergic to a lot of other stuff.

But peanuts his worst.
No Epi pen or ER close by, he's a goner.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
I still have nightmares about the thanksgiving in Hawaii where the fancy restaurant served dressing with raisins in it. I had no idea that was a thing.
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😃🤦‍♂️

Lol
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Originally Posted by hookeye
Lobster always gave me a weird headache. Ever since I was a kid.

Shrimp and scallops were fine

About 2000 i got an iodine xray, they said it was a diff isotope. Turned red, itched all over inside, got hot.

Shrimp was still OK after that but last 10 yrs a no go.

Been there, done that with the Iodine dye.

Never had an issue with seafood.
Have had two different allergy issues that put me in the ER.
Did the panels, everything else, never found a clue what caused it.
Posted By: DaveR Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My mother had a sign in her kitchen: You have two choices for dinner: Take it or Leave it.

The old man's philosophy was you have one choice. I put food on the table, you're going to eat it. When, and how cold it is when you do is up to you, but you're going to eat it, because you aren't eating anything else until you do.

I was a little kinder and gentler with my boy. His mom was a fan of stuffing canned spaghetti, ravioli and such down him for dinner. When he was with me, I cooked, and he wasn't a fan of much of anything that didn't come out of a can or fast food restaurant. But whatever I served up, he had to at least take a few bites. If he didn't like it, I wouldn't force it. That was our deal. As a result, that kid would (and still does at almost 30) eat almost anything, and would try anything once. And he found there wasn't much he didn't like. I remember back 8 years or so ago when I introduced him to raw oysters. The look on his face. But he put some horseradish and cocktail sauce on that thing and went at it. Then asked if we could order up another dozen. Also a fan of sushi despite his initial reservations about it. And pizzed he can't find any decent sushi in Ks.

As for food allergies, the old lady can't touch gluten anymore. More than a couple bites of bread or real pasta, and she blows up like someone is pumping air into her stomach. It is something to see. She knows not to screw with me too bad, or I'll substitute real pasta for the gf stuff, lol.
What do they serve for Thanksgiving in Hawaii, stuffed Spam?
Posted By: HawkI Re: Food allergy fatigue - 07/04/21
There would be less picky eaters and sufferers of food allergies if the great motivator starvation were allowed to flourish....

#ifyoudonteatyourmeatucanthaveanypudding
© 24hourcampfire