Home
Met our new neighbor yesterday . Seemed to be a nice enough chap but when I asked what his line of work was (corrections ) got all squinty eyed and big chested .his brother is a CO as well and displayed the same body language .

WTF ?
Depends if you ask a corrections guy or a cop!
Sort of.....
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Depends if you ask a corrections guy or a cop!

This guy is strictly a jailer . No donuts in the car type.
They think they are.
No they aren’t.. I know guys that gone through the Alaska DOC academy and the Instructors tell them they are not LEO.. They have no jurisdiction outside the prison fence.
Yes and no IMHO. Know

In prison they have authority under the system.
Unless it changed, in WV you aren't required to attend the academy to be a jail or prison guard. I've known lots of them who never claimed to be cops. Most were/ are normal enough.
The academies try to brainwash the weak minded ones into thinking they are special and elitists, not really"civilians" but a class of higher esteem. Then the others are regular guys that stay humble in spite of the training and Google eyed cashiers at Sheetz as they race 100 mph to cash in on their free coffee and crispy cream. That won't offend the LEOs here because they're all humble regular folks. Some places they'll throw your butt in prison for not answering their questions quickly enough.

In WV there was a guard who was beaten close to death with a pipe for no good reason: this done
by a 6'7-6'10 prison yard, dark brown body builder, career violent felon. The County LEOs demanded that they interrogate the guard while in the emergency room while bleeding out of flesh with long bones sticking out in wrong directions. They guys trying to hold down screams while I'm looking for a warm blanket. The County uniforms swagger in and ask where he is and were told they'd have to wait and ask the doctor if his patient was able to do so at that time. The small minded heathen trash LEOs threatened to question him immediately or they would arrest the person.
The department could clearly care less about the guard.
On the other hand, one of their deputies needlessly died in a car pursuit. That guy was honored with a many miles procession from police all over the state a huge funeral in the biggest church and fan t shirts sold by the hundreds.
Yes many LEOs are decent and many are pure trash that need to spend time with the pipe toting bubba's In the cage fight to gain a little humility like the guard suffered.
To answer your question..... there's a distinction, but some regard prison guards as law enforcement officers.

I liked the Andy Griffiths better than the new academy grads since I grew up knowing a few and still do.
Corrections officer I know says they are to be first responders if necessary, but are NOT law enforcement.
No, not in California. Now, Investigative officers of the Dept of Corrections are sworn peace officers, but garden variety corrections officers are not. County corrections people can be, depending on the county, many northern counties designate them as peace officers and give them the training required. As said above, a lot of them play it to the hilt and try to run a bluff. State guards have a bad rep...all that dope in the prisons, it wasn't parachuted in or baked in a cake, it came in the employees entrance.
Police officers (cops), Peace officers (court, corrections.

Police officers can serve warrants, Peace officers can't.

There are Federal Peace officers & State Peace officers.

Both are considered Law Enforcement.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Yes and no IMHO. Know

Unless it changed, in WV you aren't required to attend the academy to be a jail or prison guard. I've known lots of them who never claimed to be cops. Most were/ are normal enough.
The academies try to brainwash the weak minded ones into thinking they are special and elitists, not really"civilians" but a class of higher esteem. Then the others are regular guys that stay humble in spite of the training and Google eyed cashiers at Sheetz as they race 100 mph to cash in on their free coffee and crispy cream. That won't offend the LEOs here because they're all humble regular folks. Some places they'll throw your butt in prison for not answering their questions quickly enough.

In WV there was a guard who was beaten close to death with a pipe for no good reason: this done
by a 6'7-6'10 prison yard, dark brown body builder, career violent felon. The County LEOs demanded that they interrogate the guard while in the emergency room while bleeding out of flesh with long bones sticking out in wrong directions. They guys trying to hold down screams while I'm looking for a warm blanket. The County uniforms swagger in and ask where he is and were told they'd have to wait and ask the doctor if his patient was able to do so at that time. The small minded heathen trash LEOs threatened to question him immediately or they would arrest the person.
On the other hand, one of their deputies needlessly died in a car pursuit. That guy was honored with a many miles procession from police all over the state a huge funeral in the biggest church and fan t shirts sold by the hundreds.
Yes many LEOs are decent and many are pure trash that need to spend time with the pipe toting bubba's In the cage fight to gain a little humility like the guard suffered.
To answer your question..... there's a distinction, but some regard prison guards as law enforcement officers.

I liked the Andy Griffiths better than the new academy grads since I grew up knowing a few and still do.

Did you take your meds today?

My FFL guy is an LEO.........

we meet often......
Originally Posted by Geno67
They think they are.

Yep. Mostly just babysitters, though.
Sometimes they are.

Some Sherriffs run the local jails and the jailers are deputies.

Working the jail is often the chit job for new deputies.
The Federal Government says they are.
The Sheriffs Dept I did patrol for, the Jail deputies must be POST certified as they are authorized to carry a firearm. Most places in the Detention Center did not allow firearms for obvious reasons but going to and from work were required to carry a firearm and encouraged to carry off duty. They also attended the monthly trainings alongside patrol deputies. DC deputies had to drive their private vehicles to work in full uniform while patrol had take home squads! Many DC deputies would transfer to patrol but approximately 90% didn’t make it through FTO and transferred back to the DC!

Elk Country
Do they swear an oath?
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Met our new neighbor yesterday . Seemed to be a nice enough chap but when I asked what his line of work was (corrections ) got all squinty eyed and big chested his brother is a CO as well and displayed the same body language .

WTF ?

Sounds like newby and big headed. Beware.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Do they swear an oath?

Yep.
Originally Posted by reivertom

Yep
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Yes and no IMHO. Know

He won't take meds. He has the credibility of Maxine Waters and has no concept of how silly he appears. This last post sounds legit though.

mike r
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Yes and no IMHO. Know

I don't do your drugs.
If they meet the same standards as required for LEO and are POST certified and commissioned they might be considered LEO. In Missouri the state prison corrections officers are not LEO. They do not attend a law enforcement academy, the standards for employment for the state department of corrections do not meet law enforcement standards for POST. They are not LEO.

With that said, many county jail are staffed by POST certified and fully commissioned deputies. Some of those folks are good people that for one reason or another have no interest in working outside of detentions. Some are new hires that have to get their time in and have good evaluations before they can get a chance at the patrol, bailiff or civil process division. And some are washouts that couldn't hack any other responsibilities and get moved to detention permanently where someone can keep an eye on them. Those types usually don't last too long in a good organization.
Same in Oregon ^^^^^

🦫
They think they are.

That is the answer here...and coppers seem to take particular pleasure screwing them over when they can.

And yes, they flex their mighty muscles and peer balefully at all and sundry here as well, they also generally believe their own press.
Originally Posted by elkcountry
The Sheriffs Dept I did patrol for, the Jail deputies must be POST certified as they are authorized to carry a firearm. Most places in the Detention Center did not allow firearms for obvious reasons but going to and from work were required to carry a firearm and encouraged to carry off duty. They also attended the monthly trainings alongside patrol deputies. DC deputies had to drive their private vehicles to work in full uniform while patrol had take home squads! Many DC deputies would transfer to patrol but approximately 90% didn’t make it through FTO and transferred back to the DC!

Elk Country

Same here. The ones I referenced as baby sitters work at the State Prisons.
There’s a academy right down the street from my shop jailers where red shirts LEOs where blue actually have a part time guy that works for me his full time is juvenile detention center I’ll see the blue shirts training for urban combat and finding fake bombs while the red shirts gather in a herd to walk to lunch
Met our new neighbor yesterday . Seemed to be a nice enough chap but when I asked what his line of work was (corrections ) got all squinty eyed and big chested .his brother is a CO as well and displayed the same body language .

WTF ?

You either respect and like your neighbor or you don’t.

Who gives a fugk what he does for a living and how it’s classified amongst LEO’s?
The other day I spoke to a friend at the court house who wore a badge a long time, has an honorable reputation and consider him salt of the earth.
On the other end of the spectrum I've seen young guy's who act like everyone owes them worship. They lie on the job and aught not to have a position where people's destinies depend on their words.
If that offends any LEO, that's likely because you are spiritualy blind and arrogant. An honest man would recognize good and bad in many different jobs. They would honor the good and dispise the evil in those positions. I never assumed the worse of any LEOs or prison guards on here. I've known plenty and served with many who became preachers. The wicked ones can go play on the interstate. I've known a couple of those too.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-12-9/
Originally Posted by deflave

WTF ?

Who gives a fugk what he does for a living and how it’s classified amongst LEO’s?

It sounds to me like he's just trying to get to know his neighbor.
He asked a normal question. What's wrong with that?
The other day I spoke to a friend at the court house who wore a badge a long time, has an honorable reputation and consider him salt of the earth.
On the other end of the spectrum I've seen young guy's who act like everyone owes them worship. They lie on the job and aught not to have a position where people's destinies depend on their words.
If that offends any LEO, that's likely because you are spiritualy blind and arrogant. An honest man would recognize good and bad in many different jobs. They would honor the good and dispise the evil in those positions. I never assumed the worse of any LEOs or prison guards on here. I've known plenty and served with many who became preachers. The wicked ones can go play on the interstate. I've known a couple of those too.

You lost all credibility the day wabigoon said you’re part of his phone tree.

Just STFU.

WTF ?

It sounds to me like he's just trying to get to know his neighbor.
He asked a normal question. What's wrong with that?

Didn’t I tell you to STFU?
Originally Posted by reivertom

I wonder why the local police where our county prision is located investigate and and press the charges when inmates act up??
In Montgomery county.
If a deputy sheriff CO observes a crime off shift.
They are required to arrest and apprehend and contact a Road Deputy or CPD for transport.
When off duty if you carry the issued pistol you are also required to display your badge in area of pistol.
All areas are different.....

Some people can be CO,s and deal with the bullschitt.
Some can't.
Did it for 15 months.
Got told to leave/ fired cause of a excessive force incident and my basic unsuitability for putting up with inmate games.
Felt like a burden was lifted off my shoulders.
Worse job I ever had in the Civilian world.
Had plenty of complaints from scumballs about me not being nice or not kowtowing to their little games....

Worst ones were overflow lack of bed space convicts waiting on a state prison slot and the candy land that awaited them their.
County making 80k a year housing them
Montgomery county jail is not a place to serve time.
Nothing for the schitbirds.
No ed programs
3 books
Visitation
Commisary
No radios
No Tv.

Many of the inmates know Montgomery county jail is the most spartan jail of all the surrounding counties.
Funny as fugg when some d bag is hoping and praying his charges from another county get him outta Montgomery county.
Begging relatives to get lawyers and public defenders to transfer them.
TFF....

But.......

When you also reach a point when you are thinking about bringing a Glock 22 and 3 mags into a pod instead of putting it in your locker.
And become judge, jury, and executioner.
You realize being a CO aint for you.......
Be doing society a favor, but ruin your life and a buncha relatives would make bank off something like that happening.

Just saying...
Respect the fugg outta CO,s . Some.....
Cause I seen the Neville Chamberlain type CO,s everyday and had to work my shift after or before some of them spineless fuggs....

Going into a pod of 48 mutha fug ga,s with just a small can of mace and your own wits and presence takes some balls..

Think what you will of em....

You, yet again, state that you served. In what capacity did you serve? That is not too difficult a question is it? Or does those pesky NDAs you signed prevent disclosure of classified info? SNORK!!!

#secretposers

mike r
CO is tough job in a horrible , dangerous , toxic environment. I have the utmost respect for them.,
Originally Posted by lvmiker

You, yet again, state that you served. In what capacity did you serve? That is not too difficult a question is it? Or does those pesky NDAs you signed prevent disclosure of classified info? SNORK!!!

#secretposers

mike r

You and the de flame aught to go out on his CHIPS scooter and write speeding citations on Rt 27.
Two officers, one even has the tank of "Colonel!"

K9 3:16 says ‘folks is folks’.
There’s azzholes in every walk of life and profession. If a community doesn’t value its employees, it’s going to have problems.
If an Agency is built correctly and is allowed to hire based on merit and qualifications, azzholes can be weeded out before they’re allowed to poison an organization.
A community gets the coppers it allows/deserves.
I have to ask as well. Sounds like he acted douchey, does it matter whether he’s a leo or not?

But to answer your question it depends on state and locality. I have a brother-in-law in a state back east who’s a deputy with the sheriff’s dept. they also man the jail. So in that case yes.

But in many places it’s a separate job title, and they are not post certified. Lower bar and commensurate pay and benefits package. if they don’t have arrest authority and aren’t POST certified then no. They are not.

None of that is to say it’s any lesser, easier, or in any way a demeaning job. I have a cousin doing it now. Wish he’d have done something different.
K9,

No argument from me.
I worked with a mayor who invited me to sit in on her interview of an acquaintance. I knew his reputation at his previous LE job. His brother was a co-worker of mine who got hired as a county deputy. The brother got the job for the other town department. It went from having a good reputation and very low crime rate in spite of the lower income area to a business district and bad reputation within fifteen years. The mayor and council changed along with the other staff hires. They hired a bunch of attitudes and the judge was corrupt as well. The good staff was gone and the new was totally messed up.
I hate to paint all LEOs with the same brand of paint one way or another. I've just been more outspoken than many when I have seen the corruption. I can't put the rotten in the same bag with the hero's I've known.
K9,

No argument from me.
I worked with a mayor who invited me to sit in on her interview of an acquaintance. I knew his reputation at his previous LE job. His brother was a co-worker of mine who got hired as a county deputy. The brother got the job for the other town department. It went from having a good reputation and very low crime rate in spite of the lower income area to a business district and bad reputation within fifteen years. The mayor and council changed along with the other staff hires. They hired a bunch of attitudes and the judge was corrupt as well. The good staff was gone and the new was totally messed up.
I hate to paint all LEOs with the same brand of paint one way or another. I've just been more outspoken than many when I have seen the corruption. I can't put the rotten in the same bag with the hero's I've known.

I’ve known some real douchebag preachers. Just like douchebag cops. If they have to find a way to work it into the conversation so that they know that YOU know what they do then they are a puzzy with a crutch.
Correction Officers in Alaska are certified through Alaska Police Standards Council.

It is not uncommon to hear of christian preachers diddling children. Makes one think hmmmm.

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
K9,

No argument from me.

I’ve known some real douchebag preachers. Just like douchebag cops. If they have to find a way to work it into the conversation so that they know that YOU know what they do then they are a puzzy with a crutch.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
K9,

No argument from me.

I worked with a mayor who invited me to sit in on her interview of an acquaintance. I knew his reputation at his previous LE job. His brother was a co-worker of mine who got hired as a county deputy.
. The brother got the job for the other town department.
It went from having a good reputation and very low crime rate in spite of the lower income area to a business district and bad reputation within fifteen years. The mayor and council changed along with the other staff hires. They hired a bunch of attitudes and the judge was corrupt as well. The good staff was gone and the new was totally messed up.

Lol! I have too!
I just wonder why someone makes an issue of anyone who claims to be a christian or a christian minister, yet not the LEOs, GCs, painters, plumbers, or other trades? Does your standard for preachers apply to the others too?

I've never held back from making the point that false prophets aka preachers are the worst. John the Baptist preacher put the liberal Saducee denominational preachers in their place as well as warm the common folks about the law pushing Pharisees. He preached to the sins of the domestic soldiers who policed in his day too.
Jesus Himself was a thorn in the sides of many wicked preachers. Some say that He was different from the OT God, but Jesus preached the hardest face ripping sermons. He brings more judgement than anything written in the OT books.

None of us get a diplomatic immunity from the wages of sin, which is death..... The smart ones realize that they deserve far worse and need forgiveness,... police and the preachers need that.

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Romans 6:23
Ribka,

I never hung out with those kind.
Do they think pink Ascot's are fabulous?
Step out into the exercise yard with 1,000 inmates on a hot evening and only have one other CO and maybe a SGT or LT. When I started in the 90s we had inmates 23 to the wing out in open bunks plus the 50 two man cells. That's 4 wings per house. Five houses on that side of the prison. All could come out for rec when it was opened. It took a Federal law suit to clear that up. If we had a fire it would have been devastating. No COs were Post Certified by the DOC. Our training didn't include enough of the requirements. But Misery has administered themselves into a corner and the place where I retired from is more dangerous than ever. We were always in a contest with Arkansas for the honor of the lowest paid COs in the US. Personally I can't claim to be a genius, as I did the CO's job for 24 years. Be Well, RZ.
24 years ?? Wow. No other skills to fall back on ?
Ribka,

Sounds more common that cops shooting innocent people. But people have always used religion to justify rape and rob and murder.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/chester-pastor-sex-abuse-charges/2573943/

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/...01-p4cht5wt5bhkpedspuehpd3ro4-story.html

https://www.newsweek.com/arrested-f...nder-12-four-years-inside-church-1584442

https://13wham.com/news/local/pittsford-pastor-joe-burress-guilty-sex-abuse-charges

https://nypost.com/2021/05/24/al-pastor-convicted-of-child-rape-released-early-from-prison/

https://www.wsfa.com/story/37881302/more-sex-abuse-claims-emerge-against-former-childrens-pastor
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Step out into the exercise yard with 1,000 inmates on a hot evening and only have one other CO and maybe a SGT or LT. When I started in the 90s we had inmates 23 to the wing out in open bunks plus the 50 two man cells. That's 4 wings per house. Five houses on that side of the prison. All could come out for rec when it was opened. It took a Federal law suit to clear that up. If we had a fire it would have been devastating. No COs were Post Certified by the DOC. Our training didn't include enough of the requirements. But Misery has administered themselves into a corner and the place where I retired from is more dangerous than ever. We were always in a contest with Arkansas for the honor of the lowest paid COs in the US. Personally I can't claim to be a genius, as I did the CO's job for 24 years. Be Well, RZ.

you sure have my respect and gratitude
I’ve been on the inside, and it seemed to me they were on a first name basis with the majority of the inmates they were keeping watch over; from on the outside. I would call it lowest level of entry into LEO (sheriffs dept) in the entire chain: total turn-key idiots by and large. Or worse. Conduits for the ‘shyyit’(read - contraband - read OPIATES) coming into the incarceration system. But yeah, they’ll toss your cell and snag your [bleep] mustard packets stashed for the blue bologna. Azzzhats. No better than the boys they rubbed elbows with in town. Bottom of the barrel LEO is CO.
Originally Posted by ribka

you sure have my respect and gratitude

Same here.

Waiting for the roofers to chime in
What’s wild is when that effed up ‘symbiotic relationship’ breaks in front of you and you witness the explosion. Law man always wins. But it’s pretty disgusting to witness by anyone with a modicum of intellect. Sad stuff.

Sounds like Sunday School is a petting zoo for pedos.

🦫

someone has to do that extremely stressful type of work. . No way I would even begin to judge him.
I tried to find an recording of GG Liddy’s thoughts on prison guards on YouTube but couldn’t find it.

He considered them the lowest form of life out there, but he was obviously biased.
someone has to do that extremely stressful type of work.

It seems supply for martyrs is greater than demand.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
someone has to do that extremely stressful type of work.

It seems supply for martyrs is greater than demand.

yeh its an easy job, but not everyone has your skill set and strong character
Ribka,

I see that you removed your hot pink ascot and put your clothes back on. It's now much easier on the eyes, however you replaced your homoerotic soft porn avatar with another man well known for inappropriate touch even while on international television.
All of your talk about that subject makes one wonder about the connection with your choice in avatars. Hmm.?
not everyone has your skill set and strong character

One in a row for you, a new record.
Originally Posted by 79S
No they aren’t.. I know guys that gone through the Alaska DOC academy and the Instructors tell them they are not LEO.. They have no jurisdiction outside the prison fence.

^^^^^^^^
This. But it depends on the state and how their statutes are written. COs are little more than glorified zoo keepers. I put in a little time on the privatized side of Corrections between jobs and would rather be a zoo keeper. At least the zoo animals there aren't animals in humanoid form.

Putz.
It's a bad job and someone has to do it. But I would hate to have to spend a career in jail dealing with who is in there. I used to take arrestees to our local detention center for booking or intoxilyzer testing. It was a bad feeling to put my weapon in the locker out in the sally-port and then have that door shut behind me. I usually wasn't there but a short while but that was way too long. There is nobody in there for singing too loud in church.
Originally Posted by TomT
Police officers (cops), Peace officers (court, corrections.

Police officers can serve warrants, Peace officers can't.

There are Federal Peace officers & State Peace officers.

Both are considered Law Enforcement.

This depends on the state. In WA, there are general comission peace officers (cops) and limited jurisdiction peace officers (parole/probation, liquor/cannabis enforcement, gambling commission). I know state parole/probation officers have the power to arrest, refer criminal charges, serve warrants, etc. Their jurisdiction is limited to people on parole/probation, unless requested by a general commission officer or assigned to an agency with a general commission.
Originally Posted by 79S

Correct. Not here in Alaska.
Renegade,
Never been inside our jail past the front offices, used to process carry permits there.

But your description of your county jail mirrors the tales I've been told by some who have been in ours. They hated it. Nothing to do, no educstion. Just sitting there shareing a tv with 30 other guys.

Have had several guys who have been inside the state system tell me they would rather get a 24+ month sentence than 1 year. Over 24 sends them to the State Pen. Ironic that you then get housed with worse offenders, but in much better conditions.

Have had several guys who have been inside the state system tell me they would rather get a 24+ month sentence than 1 year. Over 24 sends them to the State Pen. Ironic that you then get housed with worse offenders, but in much better conditions.

It sounds like we need to change our penal system when criminals prefer one type of incarceration over another. Jail should not be a place anyone should want to go.
they carry the same "peace officer" classification that police officers do here, though their powers differ in what they can do by statute. as well as it varying by whether they are state employees or County employees, and then depending on the classification of their County.
In Louisiana, I know the correction officers have to be POST certified, but whether they have the same enforcement powers as a LEO, I don't know.
There's a whole bunch of DOC employees that exist outside the fence. Gang units, community corrections, work release.....etc. They are Limited, but carry powers of arrest. Most in my area won't tell you what they do for a living.....and they have to hear the stories about how their dad killed mom eith a hammer, so their guy did the same.....or the gal who was arrested for drugs and had been hunted by some azzhole who dropped her from a plane in Alaska.

There's some messed up stories that make you feel sad, mad and everything but safe.
dont call him a guard- LOL. He will get really twisted.

did that once and got the speech about a guard is an untrained individual. A corrections officer is a trained professional. yada yada.

I guess the one true way to figure out their status would be to assault one outside the fence. Would you get charged with assaulting a police office or just simple assault. I'm guessing the former
Can they make an arrest?
Originally Posted by elkmtb
dont call him a guard- LOL. He will get really twisted.

did that once and got the speech about a guard is an untrained individual. A corrections officer is a trained professional. yada yada.

I guess the one true way to figure out their status would be to assault one outside the fence. Would you get charged with assaulting a police office or just simple assault. I'm guessing the former

IIRC its a felony if assaulted on the job.
I think it’s rude and low class to ask somebody you just met what they do for a living.

I’d wager the OP is just another busy body boomer.
I think it’s rude and low class to ask somebody you just met what they do for a living.
I’d wager the OP is just another busy body boomer.
Right, and people ask all kinds of rude questions without realizing it. When I filled in for my brother overseeing a farm co-op I told several employees to quit asking people how many cows do you have or how many bushels of beans did you make. They would have never asked how much are you paid or how much is in your checking account.
I was employed in Corrections for the State of Wisconsin for 27 years. Never once did I think I was a LEO. I think some people I worked with may have. Some had a chip on their shoulder, badge heavy etc etc. Some counties here in Wisconsin have Jailers that are sworn LEO.
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
I was employed in Corrections for the State of Wisconsin for 27 years. Never once did I think I was a LEO. I think some people I worked with may have. Some had a chip on their shoulder, badge heavy etc etc. Some counties here in Wisconsin have Jailers that are sworn LEO.

27 years. thanks!!
27 years. thanks!!
Talk about PTSD. He probably has it.

27 years. thanks!!

Yes, thank you. I couldn't do that. Way to many negative vibes.

Props.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Can they make an arrest?

Citizen’s arrest.
Originally Posted by lvmiker

#secretposers

mike r

You and the de flame aught to go out on his CHIPS scooter and write speeding citations on Rt 27.
Two officers, one even has the tank of "Colonel!"

Still no mention of your service or any other background info that others offer readily. It would appear that you are a poser and a troll who expounds on his piety but constantly spews toxic bullschidt and claims feats and relationships that have no basis.

Time to put or shut up troll. You should be proud of your numerous accomplishments and experience so share them w/ we mere mortals.

#whoisinthere?

mike
In Alaska according to the State website (amongst other reasons I don't care enough to post) .....yes.

"Correctional Officers are sworn law-enforcement officers responsible for maintaining security within Alaska's correctional centers. Officers oversee the safety of all staff and prisoners and have a direct impact on public safety and offender rehabilitation."

I'm a CO here. Not really sure why it matters or not that you didn't like your new neighbors taking pride in their jobs.
Originally Posted by AKduck

I'm a CO here. Not really sure why it matters or not that you didn't like your new neighbors taking pride in their jobs.

Merely observed the immediate change in body language during our conversation.

Show me where I expressed dislike for them or their occupation.

The thread started with your assumption that your neighbors acted a certain type of way in response to your question about their job classification. Then your following replies lead me to believe that yes.....you expressed dislike for them or their occupation.

The thread started with your assumption that your neighbors acted a certain type of way in response to your question about their job classification. Then your following replies lead me to believe that yes.....you expressed dislike for them or their occupation.

24 years at a low paying job suggests few if any options.

Led you to believe ? Hmmmm,.. that's your problem.

24 years at a low paying job suggests few if any options.

Led you to believe ? Hmmmm,.. that's your problem.

You error when you assume again.....not all DOC is "low paying". But you are talking about a field you know nothing about.

You error when you assume again.....not all DOC is "low paying".

I was referring to the earlier poster about his 24 yr. job in one of the lowest paying states in the country. His words not mine. Back up a bit and read

You error when you assume again.....not all DOC is "low paying".

I was referring to the earlier poster about his 24 yr. job in one of the lowest paying states in the country. His words not mine. Back up a bit and read

"We were always in a contest with Arkansas for the honor of the lowest paid COs in the US. Personally I can't claim to be a genius, as I did the CO's job for 24 years."

Apologies. Appears I assumed. Crow eaten.

Apologies. Appears I assumed. Crow eaten.

Good man . Thanks
Originally Posted by Hastings
27 years. thanks!!
Talk about PTSD. He probably has it.

Ironic, the similarities with "normal" cops.

There's good, and bad in both.
The bad are the braggy ones.
With lots of macho war stories.

The good ones are the ones who suffer.
The outstanding stories they usually don't tell,
are the ones that haunt a man.
Dillonbuck-

You hit the nail on the head. 100% truth.

Thanks
I’ll tell you one thing, I wouldn’t want to work in booking or any mental health pod at a jail. Those guys got my respect. I also stay in their good graces because I rarely get denied booking!

Nobody deserves those stories, especially the people who have them to tell.
Depends on where.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
They think they are.

I'd like to see you do my "Babysitting" job.
Originally Posted by Armednfree
They think they are.

County is Def the worst.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

God damn.

We gonna get all misty eyed tonight?

LOL
Originally Posted by Armednfree
They think they are.

No schit.

Fugking clowns.

God damn.

LOL

I get that way when I drink.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

God damn.

LOL

I get that way when I drink.

This is me when I drink:

God damn.

LOL

Nope. Watching you kids makes me happy.
I used to work as a Correction's Officer / Prison Guard in Prague. Part of my
job included a lot of walking up and down the Prison corridors.

I used to pass a lot of bad Czechs.
I don't tell stories unless they are true. Where I worked there was no special psychological unit. They were mixed throughout the whole unit. If they were deemed severe and incorrigible by the local psychologists they were sent to a specialty unit in Fulton, MO. It is called Biggs. I did about every job on all three shifts except the medical scheduling. Did 9 years of transportation. That was one of the jobs that got me four ten hour days. But that was the minimum. You worked until your inmate was back to his unit. I started the job on nights and was going to look for a better job. The better jobs included driving at least an hour each way and I had decided 15 previous years of playing "what's my lane" in KC MO was all I wanted of that. Food service, Education, Seg Unit, Medical, Yard dog, Control Center, Vocational Training..................Been there on all the shifts they are open. You want a story? RZ.
I don't tell stories unless they are true. Where I worked there was no special psychological unit. They were mixed throughout the whole unit. If they were deemed severe and incorrigible by the local psychologists they were sent to a specialty unit in Fulton, MO. It is called Biggs. I did about every job on all three shifts except the medical scheduling. Did 9 years of transportation. That was one of the jobs that got me four ten hour days. But that was the minimum. You worked until your inmate was back to his unit. I started the job on nights and was going to look for a better job. The better jobs included driving at least an hour each way and I had decided 15 previous years of playing "what's my lane" in KC MO was all I wanted of that. Food service, Education, Seg Unit, Medical, Yard dog, Control Center, Vocational Training..................Been there on all the shifts they are open. You want a story? RZ.

I'm not sure there is a bright side to most of your stories, but if there is, it's probably about bad things happening to bad people. I could not do it.
© 24hourcampfire