Home
Posted By: Ray63 A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
We were pulling out of the drive way and the bridge 100 yards from the house has a skinny deer standing about the middle of the bridge. We drove slowly towards it and it just kept walking away from us and it didn't know we were there. About the time the deer got almost to the end of the bridge it noticed us and panicked and jumped off the bridge. It was 10 to 15 ft to the ground right there and I figured it was hurt or dead so I got out and looked over the edge and here was the deer standing there looking up at me. It had 1 antler. It just trotted off and we left for town. The next day we pulled the camera card out of the camera we keep by the garden to see what is eating our food and the first pic was a deer. The second pic was a deer with 1 antler. The 3rd pic was the one antlered deer with a baby. This is a 1 antlered doe. I hear 1 doe in 10 K can have antlers. Some one local killed a 8point doe thinking it was a nice buck. Cool stuff ! Ray
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
Just 1 question..... even tho you have the 3rd pic, are you sure that fawn belongs to that 1 antlered deer?
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
Town folks!
Posted By: Teal Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
Had a friend shoot a 5 point doe back in HS. Was weird
Posted By: jaguartx Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
What were you drinking? Asking for Col Travis. wink
Posted By: hanco Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
They occasionally have antlers, I’ve only seen pics of them. Albino deer also.
Posted By: OldHat Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
Well known phenomenon - Cervid transvitisim
Posted By: RS308MX Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
You need to post the pictures!
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
Would not be surprised. Have a buddy who has shot two bearded hens... Strange stuff happens with nature sometimes.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
I seen antlered does 2 times and both came years apart off the same property. However, I've never seen an antlered doe with a fawn. I'm wondering if they can reproduce. Genetically speaking, I doubt it, but I'm certainly no authority on the subject.
Posted By: funshooter Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
GEEZE now we has Transgender Deer.

Had to be the first to say it.

What happens when you shoot an antlered Doe during hunting season and a game warden checks your kill.
Do we need to start looking between the legs before we shoot just to be safe?
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
Even the deer are doing the sex change thing? God in Heaven!
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
Originally Posted by funshooter
GEEZE now we has Transgender Deer.

Had to be the first to say it.

What happens when you shoot an antlered Doe during hunting season and a game warden checks your kill.
Do we need to start looking between the legs before we shoot just to be safe?

That is why Idaho regs specify "antlered" and "anterless".
Posted By: Scotty Re: A WOW MOMENT ! - 07/11/21
Must be the reason my license says antler and antlerless.
© 24hourcampfire