Home
Lets withdraw and put the Afghan security forces in charge.....am sure the Taliban will honor the agreements they signed.

What could go wrong?
The downside to fighting proxy wars. They don’t defend themselves before we show up and certainly won’t after we leave. Had we nuked Kabul when they refused to hand Bin Laden over we would have had 20 years of peace instead.
Chicken Sh*t Muslims fighting Chicken Sh*t Muslims. Sounds like a Win/Win to me
Hopefully the Chinks will go in.
Originally Posted by 673

I think they are on the way aren't they.

Didn't Biden say China was going to spend several billion dollars on infrastructure?
Biden will escape any blame by saying he was just following through on what Trump started.
The government of Afghanistan is a puppet government, a puppet of America, invented by the Americans. In this sense it is very similar to the South Vietnamese government in 1973.
Pull out the American troops and you will quickly see who has the will to fight. The fake South Vietnam government lasted about 2 years before it collapsed, and I was surprised it lasted that long. All those M16s, all those Hueys we gave them. But we couldn't give them a will to fight.

I bet the Afghan government collapses a lot quicker than South Vietnam did.

And, what did we learn from the Vietnam debacle? Evidently we learned nothing. President George the Stupid is going to go in there and turn them in to a Western style democracy. Bush probably figured most of the folks would convert to Christianity, and today we would have thousands of Afghani Boy Scouts attending meetings at the First Baptist Church of Kabul. President George the Stupid, what a fool.
Nam repeat, wasted money and lives.
Taliban work for the highest bidder.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The government of Afghanistan is a puppet government, a puppet of America, invented by the Americans. In this sense it is very similar to the South Vietnamese government in 1973.
Pull out the American troops and you will quickly see who has the will to fight. The fake South Vietnam government lasted about 2 years before it collapsed, and I was surprised it lasted that long. All those M16s, all those Hueys we gave them. But we couldn't give them a will to fight.

I bet the Afghan government collapses a lot quicker than South Vietnam did.

And, what did we learn from the Vietnam debacle? Evidently we learned nothing. President George the Stupid is going to go in there and turn them in to a Western style democracy. Bush probably figured most of the folks would convert to Christianity, and today we would have thousands of Afghani Boy Scouts attending meetings at the First Baptist Church of Kabul. President George the Stupid, what a fool.

I like your take on this, true. The only thing I might add, the Ivy League produces the State Dept drones with a little cookie cutter, hundreds at a time, they set US foreign policy, advising dolts like George the Stupid.
In the long run, we won Vietnam. Today, it is communist in name only and has a thriving capitalist economy. That will not happen in Afghanistan. The difference is that Asians are ambitious. Corrupt, mind you, but ambitious. As a culture, they work their asses off to get ahead. Muslims are the polar opposite.
The ANA isn't kicking ass? [sarc]That's unusual.[/sarc]
The amazing thing was that we made the same mistakes that cost us a defeat in Viet Nam. Doesn't anyone learn from history?

By the way, it was Trump who announced we were just going to give up on Afghanistan and go home. Biden just accelerated the schedule.

If you're not willing to "kill every living thing above ground," in the words of General Curtis LeMay, then don't go to war in the first place.
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by 673

I think they are on the way aren't they.

Didn't Biden say China was going to spend several billion dollars on infrastructure?

The Chinese will boost the opium production and distribution to the US, just as they’ve flooded the US market with Fentanyl.

They’ll get along with the Afghani’s fine because they won’t fight them militarily. They’ll just own them economically, just like they’ve done in Africa and many other places.
I hope China goes in there and gets their butts kicked from one end of that hell hole to the other.
Originally Posted by reivertom
I hope China goes in there and gets their butts kicked from one end of that hell hole to the other.

If it comes to that, I doubt the Chinese will operate under the limitations of the same rules of engagement our forces worked with.

The Chinese will not care how many noncombatant casualties they inflict, nor whether they are women and children.

The Chinese Army is looking for place to train combat soldiers and try out all those new toys they have been developing in preparation for a conflict with The West.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

If it comes to that, I doubt the Chinese will operate under the limitations of the same rules of engagement our forces worked with.

The Chinese will not care how many noncombatant casualties they inflict, nor whether they are women and children.

The Chinese Army is looking for place to train combat soldiers and try out all those new toys they have been developing in preparation for a conflict with The West.

When China finally gets into a shooting conflict with another country, they're going to school the world on how warfare is to be conducted.
No one has been sucessfull in conquering Afganastan in thousands of years.

I seriously doubt the Russians played by the rules, and unless they turn the country into glass killing everyone that breathes, the Chinese will fail too
Somehow this is all Trump's fault.
America's fault for electing obama.
Originally Posted by 700LH

I seriously doubt the Russians played by the rules, and unless they turn the country into glass killing everyone that breathes, the Chinese will fail too

Even the Mongol hoardes didn't last long....................................but they left a lot of Khans there.
Originally Posted by logger
Biden will escape any blame by saying he was just following through on what Trump started.

I wish that were true, in all the other policy changes that he made!
Originally Posted by TimZ
Afghanistan stunned by scale and speed of security forces’ collapse

I actually don't give a toss what happens to them.

Gave it a couple of minutes of deep contemplation to see if there are any changes...nope, still don't give a shit.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
The downside to fighting proxy wars. They don’t defend themselves before we show up and certainly won’t after we leave. Had we nuked Kabul when they refused to hand Bin Laden over we would have had 20 years of peace instead.

DIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally Posted by JSTUART

What pisses me is all the equipment and assets we leave over there to just rot away at American Tax payer expense...

Those people deserve to spend eternity in 700 AD.....
Originally Posted by Seafire

What pisses me is all the equipment and assets we leave over there to just rot away at American Tax payer expense...

You are in luck, that is exactly where they will be spending their time in the foreseeable future.
about 19 years too late. if any afghani's want a better way of life, they will need to leave that schit hole.
Who wants them?
Sand negros, no different than Africans.

They'll be there soon enough. Don't see them being real high on maintenance and repairs.
Honestly, what did they think was going to happen?
Leave it for a haven for muslim hillbillies, the military can always use it for drone practice.
Amazing how the will to fight evaporates...as soon as the US dollars quit flowing.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

When China finally gets into a shooting conflict with another country, they're going to school the world on how warfare is to be conducted.

LOL , you mean not worrying about civilian casualties like we do. Weapons wise they will find out that their stuff needs a lot of work.

DIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly. When the neighbor’s dog attacks one of your kids, you shoot it. Problem solved.

You don’t offer to send the neighbor’s dog to obedience school and build it a kennel (on YOUR dime).

That’s the difference between “punitive action”, and “nation building”.

Amen to that Uncle Dan! smile
Originally Posted by 700LH

The difference between the Chinese and everyone else is they have a couple hundred million excess men they will happily send to kill every last Afghan hiding in a cave. The Han Chinese believe they’re the super race and everyone else is a subhuman. The CCP is the Nazis reincarnated.
How can anyone be sure that Obama was actually elected fairly after seeing what happened the last election? Looking at the vote tallies from 2016 it's apparent that they tried the same thing then they just came up short. That's why they waged all out war on Trump for this entire term and still haven't stopped.

As for Afghanistan, when George went there he committed us to the long term. They have huge deposits of rare earth minerals and China is salivating at the chance to go in and exploit it. Want to change the rules of engagement; move the Pentagon over there in a mud hut and see how fast it is secured.
Entirely predictable end. We stayed there 20 fricking years. We got the same result we would have gotten had we stayed 20 days or 200 years. Eventually we all go home. They live there.
China needs to test it's weapons systems on somebody.
Our crooked politicians that take campaign contributions from our defense industries are the ones who back do gooder presidents and get our country, our service people involved in all these sh*thole wars no one else. Any company that supplies the military machine just rubs their hands together at the prospect of sales to supply all these sh*thole conflicts don t let anyone bs you on this. Mb
Not a surprise at all. Should have never gone in with anything besides SF units. Afghanistan is just a [bleep] that is the playground for it's neighbors to fight proxy wars. The US should ban Pakistani citizens and goods for 200 years for the [bleep] elements of their govt did over the last 20 years.
LOL, Afghanistan may be stunned but they are the only ones who are.
You do notice the democrats don't want to help the Cubans. Many don't vote democrat so they could careless if they are killed in Cuba. Personally, I don't think we should interfere. Just like if we decide a movement is needed to remove democrats the rest of the world needs to stay out of it and let it play out.
© 24hourcampfire