Home
I just wondered what ya'll are finding. I try to buy from small dealers but they're all mostly too high here.

In Walmart today, I found:

CCI standard velocity .22LR - .....$3.67(50)
Remington .30-30 150gr.RN -$17.99
Remington .243 100gr. PSPCL- 22.99

They had one box of win 12ga. Super Target 3dr. 1 1/8oz. for $5.69

Plus a few other deer calibers.
Was at Scheels this afternoon. Only looked at shotgun ammo. They had a decent selection of lead loads in 12,16, 20 & 28 ga. Did not notice any .410. And they had non toxic in 12 & 20 ga. Prices were certainly up from a year ago, but not scalper level. They also had half dozen of rifle powders and several shotgun powders. I didn’t see price on these.
Saw 9mm online for twenty bucks a box today
Yesterday one of the local Walmart's had the ever-present 350 Legend ammo. Nothing else.
Picked up two 200 round boxes of Herters 55 gr. 5.56 for $119. each ( limit of 5) and two 20 rd. boxes of Winchester M885 for $14.99 a piece at the Bass Pro in Savannah this morning. Had a fair amount of various .22 also. Sure is different now, instead of two long aisles of rifle and handgun ammo, it is all on two large wire rolling carts behind the gun counter. Overall, looks to be getting some better down this way. Was in Palmetto Armory's Sav. store twice this week and they have tons of 9mm,, 7.62X 39, and .308 but no 5.56 unless you want to count some PMC .223.

John
9mm, 40 & 45 starting to stack up at the stores. Maybe they can go back to making real ammo soon.
Using notifications and some poking around, I’ve gotten good .22 ammo from Midway, Sportsmans Guide, CCI, and some others. Not cheap, but not scalper-level by any means. Don’t buy any bulk, but rather MMs, Eley Club, Norma, SK. 12ga target loads are pricey, but have found enough for my limited need.

Typically shoot about 100 .22s per session, not one to just blast away, just keeping my hand in.
9mm 16.99 at rural king
Originally Posted by dale06
Was at Scheels this afternoon. Only looked at shotgun ammo. They had a decent selection of lead loads in 12,16, 20 & 28 ga. Did not notice any .410. And they had non toxic in 12 & 20 ga. Prices were certainly up from a year ago, but not scalper level. They also had half dozen of rifle powders and several shotgun powders. I didn’t see price on these.
Scheel's is definitely the place to go to pick up ammo at halfway reasonable prices.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Yesterday one of the local Walmart's had the ever-present 350 Legend ammo. Nothing else.

One of the best investments I made was building an AR pistol in .350.
I never wanted for ammo
Picked up a case/1000 of Igman 223 green tip for $600, a month ago............

CCI 22lr standard velocity on the shelf at WalMart for around 8.50......... only let you have 3 boxes!

Haven't needed any yet........

Stash........
Walmart had a lot of Federal 22LR in 325 round bulk boxes for $18 a piece. Picked up a few. Had 30-06 Rem core-lokt for 20 and some other ammo. I only picked up a few boxes of the 22. I reload everything else, so really only buy 22 ammo.
Found some hornady precision hunter 6.5 prc today for $37.99 a box. Ain’t seen that in coons ages.
Got a couple of boxes of Winchester 30/06 at Walmart a couple of weeks ago. About $20 per box. Had 4 or 5 more boxes on the shelf of Winchester and Remington 30/06, but nothing else.
Just looking for dove loads
Found all Barnes ammo for all three hunting rifle calibers.
Picked up 3- 200 rd cartons of CCI Clean 40 gr .22lr at Walmart today for about $.09/rd. I believe it's their new coated round to prevent leading.

They also had Winchester white box 7.62x51 that's just been sitting there, along with some 350 Legend and some various shotgun shells.
Found 50 round boxes of Federal 115 grain ball at Academy this week, limit 4 boxes, walked out with 200 rounds for $77 and change, about $19.50/box 50 rounds. They sell out quick so ya gotta get there early.

Haven’t seen .22LR in bulk yet.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Picked up 3- 200 rd cartons of CCI Clean 40 gr .22lr at Walmart today for about $.09/rd. I believe it's their new coated round to prevent leading.

They also had Winchester white box 7.62x51 that's just been sitting there, along with some 350 Legend and some various shotgun shells.

The locals probably did not know 7,62x51 is same as .308 Winchester.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Found some hornady precision hunter 6.5 prc today for $37.99 a box. Ain’t seen that in coons ages.
I help you. If you do not mind standard length action you should be able to cut price in half by getting 6,8x64. Our non-interchangeable version with similar ballistics is called 7x64 Brenneke.
A bud went to Lubbock today and said that Cabells had a bunch of 556 and other ammo.

Even had some types of primers.
Originally Posted by Slavek
I help you. If you do not mind standard length action you should be able to cut price in half by getting 6,8x64. Our non-interchangeable version with similar ballistics is called 7x64 Brenneke.
FO goat buggerer.
FO goat buggerer.

E.T phone home.

I don’t even know what he’s (Slavs) saying.
FO goat buggerer.

E.T phone home.

I don’t even know what he’s (Slavs) saying.
NGAF what she's saying. Just another f u c k i n g troll.
LOL
Nowhere near normal but we’re better off here in southern Wisconsin than we were a month ago.
Cabela’s has a lot of Federal and some Hornady 308. And a lot of 223/5.56 in regular and bulk packs. Bunch of 40 S&W. They have had primers too. Probably haven’t seen that much ammo on the shelf in over a year.
12 Ga and 28 Ga.bird shot is plentiful around here
Ain't schitt to be found otherwise
Not loaded ammo, but I have purchased in the last two days

Starline: 500 ea 10mm cases.....in transit
500 ea 38 Super +P cases......back ordered

Natchez: 1000 ea 180 gr Berry's 401 caliber bullets

Amazon: 1 set RCBS Carbide 9mm dies......arrived
1set Redding Carbide 38 Super dies..........two weeks out
1 set RCBS Carbide10mm dies..................four weeks out

Three months ago, I could not even find a listing for 9mm dies. It appears the market is beginning to loosen up a bit.

I saw some on the shelves out here in Colorado. Prices were insane. I'd pay $38 a box at this point. I haven't been able to find PRC brass anywhere.
22's are around, shotgun, mostly slugs.
stopped in New River Sports this morning. They were well stocked and at decent prices. Picked up two cans of Reloader #9. They had 2400 in those 8# jugs, and a lot of other neat things.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
stopped in New River Sports this morning. They were well stocked and at decent prices. Picked up two cans of Reloader #9. They had 2400 in those 8# jugs, and a lot of other neat things.

I could use some #9.
Been getting a lot of emails from places I’ve shopped in the past. 9mm, 5.56, .308 (7.62), .40, .45, even 6.5 you-know-what. Stuff is around, maybe not what you want, but something.

I’m very glad I don’t have to cruise around Whatamart to Whatamart, looking.
anyone find any Hornady 28 Nosler ammo?
LGS had a few bricks of CCI primers yesterday. $69

Powder Valley showing them for $60 and OOS
I was at SW yesterday, they had a limited selection of rifle ammo. 1/2 of their ammo racks were full of plastic ammo cans, ironic. They did have Hornady SP 50gr Vmax for $24.00/box of 20, limit of 5/person. They had a few boxes of 308 fmj and a few boxes of Barnes Vor-tx ttsx at $52.00/box of 20.

I had my wife w/ me so got 10 boxes of coyote killers and added 1 box of ttsx to my hunting stash. I am still deep in practice ammo but have thinned out my BG supply.

Waiting for summer to end, I live for fall and winter.

mike r
With it being summer and waterfowl season several months away. I snapped up several cases of 3” mag shells for both my 12 and 20 gauge.

Adding it to what I already have on the shelves for birds. I’m sitting good for 4-5 seasons.

🦫
Not much.

I haven't seen .22lr ammo at Walmart in over ten years.
The WM local to me has 3 boxes of 350 Legend & a squarshed box of 12 ga. field loads.
I was just in Wal-Mart here and they have lots of CF ammo, just as long as you need 243, 270 and 300WM.

Couple buckets of Remington 22lr and some random 12ga.
Picked up some CCI SV for around $4/box and a case of 16 ga in the past week or two. The 16 ga was actually cheaper than what I was paying pre pandemic by about a quarter.

Also a couple boxes of 7mm weatherby that’s was cheaper the 270 win.
Schit is getting waaay better around here.
Can walk into academy, rural king, midsouth, wally worlds just about anytime of the day and find ammo.
Glad I judged the game right and tapped out about 5 to 6 weeks ago.
30 cents for 9mm

32cents for 55gr fmj tula

bone frog gun club.
Gun show today - Norma TAC-22 $80/brick
Local shop inventory looks pretty good.

5.56 bulk 1000rd boxes are down to 579$ federal or Winchester
Today.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Running out of AR ammo. Was going to pick up some of this basic ammo PMC X-Tac 5.56mm 62gr green tip at about $12 a box with free shipping. Anyone know if the ammo is any good and whether 60 cents a round is a decent price now days? Thanks in advance.
Went to gun show today.

Looks like dealers are getting stuck with their $50 / box 9mm.

Fug em.

One guy had monarch steel case 45 for $65 box. 🤣😂🤣

Bunch of guns. Even a couple LH bolt guns.
I still have 22 lr from the Obama era shortage.... I am good to go... being prepared is a good thing
7.62x39 has been available for most of the shortage.
I ran into a pretty good deal on a Ruger PC 9 yesterday so brought it home. I have zero 9mm as I don't have a 9 up here. I found a 200 Pack of Win 115 gr ball for $60 today.
Originally Posted by rickt300
7.62x39 has been available for most of the shortage.

.Yep.. and I've been buying it when it hits the right price. smile
Stopped at Scheels in Fargo. Lots of 9mm ammo with no limits. Absolutely no loaded rifle ammo on shelves and no space for it. Some shotgun shells in 12 and 20 gauge. No primers, minimal powder but good selection of major brands of bullets in many calibers. Said they had not seem primers in a long time. Runnings in Moorhead, pretty much same story.
Local Academy has plenty of 7.62, 5.56 and 350. Picked up a couple of boxes of 30-06 they had left. Only four available so I left two for the next guy.
local sportsmans has 20 boxes of 7x64 140g psp corelokts @ $29.99 per

cheaper than FMJ .308 right next to it!
Our local Walmart had 325 boxes of Federal Automatch 22lr…….over a hundred boxes. Sent texts to all the shooters we knew.

Got the 3 box limit for myself and my wife…..after church, today. $18+.

Went back out, after 5pm…. thinking shift change…….but the same blonde sold me 3 more.

There were still 20 boxes left……West Burlington. Plus, 50 and 100 box CCI’s, too.

Originally Posted by JD45
I just wondered what ya'll are finding. I try to buy from small dealers but they're all mostly too high here.

Wifey and I got 3 more each today.

May have to go rogue on the 22LR plinking again.

They last a long time with bolts and single shots.

Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Our local Walmart had 325 boxes of Federal Automatch 22lr…….over a hundred boxes. Sent texts to all the shooters we knew.

Got the 3 box limit for myself and my wife…..after church, today. $18+.

Went back out, after 5pm…. thinking shift change…….but the same blonde sold me 3 more.

There were still 20 boxes left……West Burlington. Plus, 50 and 100 box CCI’s, too.

Originally Posted by JD45

Academy Sports in Amarillo had a couple of thousand rounds of 5.56 today for $12 a box. They also had 7.62x51, 7.62x39 and some 12 ga shells. I didn't need any of that. One of the Walmarts in Amarillo had CCI 22lr shells for $3.67 a box with a limit of 3 boxes. I took 3 of those out the door. I'll pretty much always grab 22lr shells anytime I see them at a decent price. I've got more than 2000 in the last couple of weeks just by being in the right place at the right time.
Originally Posted by irfubar
I still have 22 lr from the Obama era shortage.... I am good to go... being prepared is a good thing

recently sold a Marlin 39

Tossed in 600 rds CCI just to sweeten the deal.......
Lots of stuff showing up. Some of the regular brands abd weights.

No .243 win though.

The normal stuff is sitting as places still want too much.
Did see a shop sell out of CCI blazer brass 9mm FMJ at 25 bucks for 50 rnds.
My local walmart had 30-06, 308win, 270win. 6.5 Creedmoor, and 350 legend today. First time I've seen that much in this walmart in over a year. They have a limit of 3 boxes.
We were in Meijer’s tonight. They had 12 and 20 gage field loads , and a box of 308. But that’s better than o!
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by irfubar

recently sold a Marlin 39

Tossed in 600 rds CCI just to sweeten the deal.......

Why the heck would ya do that?
PSA main store has a bunch of 5.56 at 50 cents a round right now .... not bad, better than most, still too much for me although I told my Son we're cutting back on weekend shooting until prices go down quite a bit more.
no ammo, but found some brass the other day that will turn into ammo this weekend

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Originally Posted by gitem_12
anyone find any Hornady 28 Nosler ammo?

Bunch of it in Soldotna SW. cmon up 🎶

The shelves were pretty full, mostly oddball stuff as above, but I did see maybe 30 boxes of 30-06 blue box 150s for $28. I passed Maybe should not have. I’ll see what they have on Wednesday
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Running out of AR ammo. Was going to pick up some of this basic ammo PMC X-Tac 5.56mm 62gr green tip at about $12 a box with free shipping. Anyone know if the ammo is any good and whether 60 cents a round is a decent price now days? Thanks in advance.

I have some of that that I've been waiting to test. I couldn't tell you about the price, but generally PMC is some good schitt.
Originally Posted by Swamplord
no ammo, but found some brass the other day that will turn into ammo this weekend

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

350 Rem. is cool.
Not 357.
At todays flea market:

A box, 800rds, of 22lr Federal IIRC 1200fps, $120

Sitting right next to it a brick, 500rds, Norma Match-22 $60..........

??????

The Norma went home with me!
Nothing much anyone shoots around here. 223, 17, 350 Legend, 7.62 in weird shieitt, other weird sheet, and elephant . Nothing much of anything, if at all in .243- 338WM

I did pick up a couple boxes of 20 ga 7 1/2 in SW - Anchorage -yesterday for under $9 each. Limit was 5, but two boxes will last me thru the Biden admin probably! Shelves were awfully bare there, practically empty at Cabelas. Lots of GI's wandering around both stores....forlornly...

SW here in Soldotna has nearly full shelves of above "no-body uses" stuff.

Burned 60 rounds thru 7 rifles various flavors and loads (recorded) at Cooper Landing range on way home, tho. Any of them can go hunting now. Some guns and loads more favored. Considering several were sighted in last year at this time for hunting season then put in storage, it surprised me that they needed adjustment. Not much- a couple inches.

The RU tanger in .338WM, last shot 14-15 years ago just kept putting those 250 gr Hornady RN reloads into the same damn square inch.... right where it did then. I kinda like that gun! Pretty sure the caribou aren't going to. Its likely to be backup for the aperture sighted 94.

The 725 in 260 did well too with 3 rounds each factory Corelokt and Fed Premium 140s going into the same ragged hole, right where the Corelokts went last year. Not so well with Remington Premium match 140, or SIG Elite 130. I can live with that. Bigger 3 shot groups, and about 5 inches higher than the "good" stuff.

The Win 70 fwt 7 Mauser seems to prefer Federal blue-box 175s over anything in 140. Still acceptable groups 2 in or under for most hunting, , but not as good as I'd like, with either. Sometime this winter I'll relieve the barrel channel from it's full length bedd, see if that helps. And maybe some reloading for it, using once fired brass, neck sized.

And get my reloading stuff set up again. I think wife is done "remodeling" after 3 years of it!!!! smile
Not much, some shotshells, mostly slugs.
Originally Posted by Sycamore
local sportsmans has 20 boxes of 7x64 140g psp corelokts @ $29.99 per

cheaper than FMJ .308 right next to it!

7x64 is now up to $49/ box, but they still have around 10 boxes of it.
Seeing a lot of 5.56 223 and a splatting of different ga shot shells here in northern Oh,
Haven't been actively looking but there isn't much to look at when I do
Kinda weird with Wally Martinez here in the town I live ,the shelves are bare.(Ocasionally find a brick of 22)
And the computer for purchasing hunting liscenses has been "down" for 4 months,no tags.

2 towns over,alot of 12g bird shot,buckshot (illegal here) 7.62,5.56 all stuff no one uses,nut they had it.
1200 rds NORMA 223 - $540 - delivered - last week....
It's hunting season.

Sometime around the middle of February, it will be ammo buying season, till about April 1, when hunting season opens back up.
22's, and slugs mostly.
I am finding all the ammo I need, or want...

I just hand load it in the garage, from components that I bought for 4 years under the Trump Administration, when it was readily available and on sale...
Starting to see a few things trickle in around here. Primers are still a no go and prices still higher than 18-months ago.
© 24hourcampfire