Home
Posted By: 2ndwind China threatens to nuke Japan - 07/17/21
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...nuke-japan-if-it-defends-taiwan-n1462441

Wow.... Communism is just as evil as it ever was... no idea if the rest of the World will ever just stop buying stuff from them but my Amazon orders are going to drop off.

VIDEO: China Threatens to NUKE Japan if It Defends Taiwan
BY BRYAN PRESTON JUL 16, 2021 3:58 PM ET

Screenshot from Twitter video.
Through its military TV channel, China has threatened to use nuclear weapons — first — if Japan intercedes in defense of Taiwan.

The undated chilling video is clear in its message.

“When we liberate Taiwan, if Japan dares to intervene by force, even it if only deploys one soldier, one plane and one ship, we will not only return reciprocal fire but also start a full-scale war against Japan,” the video says.

“We will use nuclear bombs first. We will use nuclear bombs continuously until Japan declares unconditional surrender for the second time,” referring to the end of World War II and Japan’s surrender after the United States used atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

China-watching blogger Jennifer Zeng downloaded the clip above and others from a Chinese official online video channel.

Wang Hongguang, former deputy commander of the CCP’s army, PLA’s Nanjing Military Region once published his article at this channel’s account. So we can say this channel either belongs to the PLA, or has strong ties with the PLA.

It is a relatively new channel at a Chinese video sharing site called Xigua Video(西瓜視頻). Xigua means Watermelon. It has about 2 million subscribers. Its first video was published on Nov 22 last year. That video has already got more than 20 million views.

When I translated this video on Tuesday, July 13, I found that the original video in Chinese was uploaded on Monday, July 12, and had already received over 2.37 M views, 11K comments and 88K likes.

However, yesterday I found it was taken down. Interesting, right?

Later in the same post, Zeng highlights another video from the same channel in which China proposes invading and capturing Japan and splitting it into four countries.

Set aside the incoherence of first nuking and then dividing Japan. China’s messaging is violently unhinged. China often claims it should be respected as a normal nation, but this is not how a normal nation should ever behave. Zeng calls it “evil,” and that’s what it is.

While China sends these messages of nuclear war and destroying a key American ally, Joe Biden remains focused on turning our military woke, which is deeply eroding the Navy’s readiness, and going after social media to combat what he characterizes as “misinformation.”

While China is credibly threatening to kill people — a lot of people — with nuclear weapons in an offensive bombardment of Japan.
That’ll be cool when Japan shoots their craptastic missiles down and they pre-detonate before even leaving Chinese airspace.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Wow.... Communism is just as evil as it ever was... no idea if the rest of the World will ever just stop buying stuff from them but my Amazon orders are going to drop off.

Through its military TV channel, China has threatened to use nuclear weapons — first — if Japan intercedes in defense of Taiwan.

“When we liberate Taiwan, if Japan dares to intervene by force, even it if only deploys one soldier, one plane and one ship, we will not only return reciprocal fire but also start a full-scale war against Japan,” the video says.

“We will use nuclear bombs first. We will use nuclear bombs continuously until Japan declares unconditional surrender for the second time,” referring to the end of World War II and Japan’s surrender after the United States used atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

China-watching blogger Jennifer Zeng downloaded the clip above and others from a Chinese official online video channel.

Wang Hongguang, former deputy commander of the CCP’s army, PLA’s Nanjing Military Region once published his article at this channel’s account. So we can say this channel either belongs to the PLA, or has strong ties with the PLA.

It is a relatively new channel at a Chinese video sharing site called Xigua Video(西瓜視頻). Xigua means Watermelon. It has about 2 million subscribers. Its first video was published on Nov 22 last year. That video has already got more than 20 million views.

When I translated this video on Tuesday, July 13, I found that the original video in Chinese was uploaded on Monday, July 12, and had already received over 2.37 M views, 11K comments and 88K likes.

Later in the same post, Zeng highlights another video from the same channel in which China proposes invading and capturing Japan and splitting it into four countries.

Set aside the incoherence of first nuking and then dividing Japan. China’s messaging is violently unhinged. China often claims it should be respected as a normal nation, but this is not how a normal nation should ever behave. Zeng calls it “evil,” and that’s what it is.

While China sends these messages of nuclear war and destroying a key American ally, Joe Biden remains focused on turning our military woke, which is deeply eroding the Navy’s readiness, and going after social media to combat what he characterizes as “misinformation.”

While China is credibly threatening to kill people — a lot of people — with nuclear weapons in an offensive bombardment of Japan.

Just in case anyone missed it, that is a declaration of War.
Originally Posted by slumlord
That’ll be cool when Japan shoots their craptastic missiles down and they pre-detonate before even leaving Chinese airspace.

China has a vision and balls. The rest of the developed wold doesn’t. I don’t see the US or any other country willing to push back on China. It’s just a matter of time if not already that China will have enough [bleep] missiles to overwhelm there target. IMO. More important than having weapons is a willingness to use them, China with Covid, pirating technology, trade policy, and buying US politicians has a willingness to use what they have.
How much offensive fire power does Japan have? After WW II they agreed to maintaining defensive force only?
How much offensive fire power does Japan have? After WW II they agreed to maintaining defensive force only?

Pretty sure that was quietly shelved.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Pretty sure that was quietly shelved.

It was.

Japan has a vision and a high IQ mono culture but will never be able to overcome being a small island country with limited natural resources.
Do not worry, during interview given to American media Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin said he was not aware of any Chinese plans to invade Taiwan.
China , fickin wind bags, don't mean schit. They got no balls or the knowhow, none. Where some of you get this crap from?
Ya I'm sure they are going to go against the rest of the world for Taiwan. Empty threats to take something, if we all go Boo they'd run like the wind.
Well I for one hope we don't have to see China live up to it's rhetoric. Every hour we grow closer to world catastrophe with Biden and the democrats in charge of what remains of our Republic.
Good thing there are Toyota plants here.
Originally Posted by doubleDs55
China , fickin wind bags, don't mean schit. They got no balls or the knowhow, none. Where some of you get this crap from?
Ya I'm sure they are going to go against the rest of the world for Taiwan. Empty threats to take something, if we all go Boo they'd run like the wind.

In Guardians of the Galaxy 2 when baby Groot has to press the button on the ignition timer...could you be able to count on biden being as capable.

I wouldn't.
😂 bite-me>baby Groot😂😂
Japan treated the Chinese very bad in the past and even we nuked the japs.

Whats the big deal…Winning !
Well Clinton did sell the chicoms missile guidance technology...... chickens coming home to roost?

LeBone James will be right along to defend and spin it, just like every other evil initiative the CCP, PLA come up with.

Stupid fugks abound.

I would be betting Japan has a little something salted away for just such a contingency.
All that “cheap” Chinese crap we’ve been buying for the last 20 years, looks a lot more “expensive”, now.
If China did launch a nuke on Japan it would be the end of China.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
If China did launch a nuke on Japan it would be the end of China.

Yes, because if it is like most of the stuff they make it won't make it past the boundary fence before blowing.
Posted By: 673 Re: China threatens to nuke Japan - 07/17/21
A real prick blowing up another prick.
Originally Posted by 673
A real prick blowing up another prick.

That would be "plick".
Japan will just unleash Godzilla on China.
And Baby Groot....
Pres. Trump isn't in the White House so Chinkerland is feeling it's oats.
I am Groot.
I wonder what the quality control on Chinese nuclear missiles is like?
Originally Posted by grouseman

I would not care to be anywhere near when you check.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Pres. Trump isn't in the White House so Chinkerland is feeling it's oats.

This.

Ask Bill Clinton.
I’ve always been a bit more concerned w the quiet ones than the loudmouths.

Somebody keep tabs on the Chink that spouted off please. He may be dying of Covid soon, or herpes or a tic tac od.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Ask Bill Clinton.

Better be quick though as it looks like Monica sucked the life out of him...and hillary sucked the joy out so there isn't much left.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I’ve always been a bit more concerned w the quiet ones than the loudmouths.

Somebody keep tabs on the Chink that spouted off please. He may be dying of Covid soon, or herpes or a tic tac od.

So, he knows the clintons?
“When we liberate Taiwan, communist always ,claim they are liberating the very people they are inslaving ,when they take a country over ,soviot union and cambodia did this same thing
The chinks don't need to nuke Japan.... hell they nuked themselves..... [bleep]
The US and Japan have a mutual defense treaty so an attack against Japan is essentially an attack against the US and we are required to defend them.
Originally Posted by rem shooter
“When we liberate Taiwan, communist always ,claim they are liberating the very people they are inslaving ,when they take a country over ,soviot union and cambodia did this same thing

So do we, but we call it "rebuilding", the chains may be lighter but they are still there.
Originally Posted by atomchaser
The US and Japan have a mutual defense treaty so an attack against Japan is essentially an attack against the US and we are required to defend them.

Yeah, but the commies are in the WH now.
Balls can often turn into stupidity based on the outcome. This is China's payback for the Japanese steamrolled then in WWII. We should have nuked the ChiComs at Chosin Reservoir just so they got a taste of it.

No it was not.

"if Japan dares to intervene by force..."
China probably won't do anything until the civil war starts here. Then all bets are off and all dictators around the world will take advantage of the chaos.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

No it was not.

"if Japan dares to intervene by force..."

The US and Japan are bound by treaty...so unless their word has taken a dive in the worth department they will stand and be counted.

The Japanese take their word seriously...they do not play the "what does it matter game".

Since the subject of Taiwan come up at my house from time to time, along with Tibet, the Urghyurs, etc, I did a quick Wikidiky study of its history. There was an indigenous population on Taiwan, then the Dutch arrived with Chinese colonists in the 17th century. They were kicked out by the Ching Dynasty, last of the Imperial rulers, who in turn were booted by the Japanese in 1895. Japan held Taiwan until they ceded it to the allies after WWII. Soon after, the Nationalist Chinese were given control and after the death of Chiang Kai-shek, the country began the transition to a democratic country (this is all very superficial, but describes the essentials). Bottom line is that China’s claim to Taiwan is pretty spurious, just like the South China Sea.
When folks say "China has this" or "China would do that", you need to say "Xi Jinping has this or would do that" since he runs China with the same hand that Hitler did Germany and Stalin did the Soviet Union. Like every other dictator before him, he doesn't give a frying phuck about his people, only his power and expansion of it.

If he sees a weak opponent giving him an opportunity to take more, he will. For decades the Chinese government before him knew they couldn't take on the US military so they slowly bought our government and corporations. Now that those are owned our own government, assisted by the media, Big Tech and every other woke idiot, is destroying our military more efficiently from within than any military force could ever do in an open assault. Once Xi sees us as militarily weak enough, he will make his move.

The Chinese armed forces military have historically been [bleep] on quality but they made up for it by an overwhelming quantity, same as the Russians in WWII - ask any Korean veteran who faced human wave attacks. And let's not let hubris blind us to the fact that maybe, just maybe, they do know how to make some decent stuff for their own use as opposed to what they make for retail sales at Walmart. In war, all you need is "good enough". Even if their missiles have a 50% failure rate, if they launch 100 then 50 get through. And remember also that they did just land an unmanned vehicle on Mars, they didn't do that with coolies pulling rickshaws.

I don't doubt that Japan's military and the US military are still miles ahead of the Chinese. We have lots of combat vets in the NCO corps and the middle officer ranks but they are being led more and more by ass kissing politicians in the upper ranks. They are becoming "lions lead by jackasses" as the British military was in WWI.

The West has always suffered from an enormous case of hubris when confronting the Orient. Given an all out effort sch as WWII we prevailed but even then it was at the expense of very bloody lessons learned. Given an artificially limited effort as in Korea and Vietnam results weren't so successful. And in those latter two cases we were fighting a technologically and logistically inferior foe with no theater wide air offense, China would be the first enemy we or Japan has faced in 76 years that could field modern air power to support a well supplied army.

The future is always uncertain but I can easily see Xi Jinping starting WW III; his personality, the state of his military and the moral weakness of his enemies - partly perceived but mostly real - are ripe for it.

I should think that if push comes to shove a couple of hundred thousand small tungsten rods will magically drop from space and smack anything of import...if someone pushes the right buttons.
You defeat China through starvation.

1.4 billion is a lot of mouths to feed.
Originally Posted by fburgtx

How has that worked with North Korea?
George Floyd mural struck by lighting was interesting. A few more earthquakes (or other disruptive event) and poof no more CCP.

Originally Posted by JakeBlues
China probably won't do anything until the civil war starts here. Then all bets are off and all dictators around the world will take advantage of the chaos.

+1
I will almost gua-ran-damned-tee you that China is going to invade Taiwan while Biden is in office. China owns Biden, as any fool can see. Biden will not do anything meaningful to stop such an action. I doubt the Brits will, and the Aussies might want to, but if the U.S. is not in the game, I doubt if they would seriously get involved. This is not to disparage the Aussies, but it would not be a wise move on their part without the U.S. beside them. The Jap military probably has first rate capabilities, but China would overwhelm them, especially without the U.S. in the game. Don't make the mistake of underestimating the Chinese. While the U.S. Navy and Air Force may be superior to theirs, if we are not a serious player, the game is changed dramatically. Many seem to either not realize or maybe unaware that China has a legitimate space program which gives them the missile technology to seriously threaten Japan. I doubt that China has any desire (currently) to war with the Japs, but would if they were militarily interfered with by them if they were to forcefully take Taiwan. The Japs have no desire to war with the Chinese other than self-defense. I know they don't like each other and haven't for centuries, but currently they leave each other alone. The Japs are not dumb enough, in my opinion, to take on the Chinese alone unless they themselves are attacked. I look for China to militarily move on Taiwan either when there is a major outbreak of civil unrest in the U.S. or before the U.S. midterm elections. They will claim that they are taking back a rebellious province that is rightfully their territory. They own Biden, so he will not stop them and there is no one else on the planet that will try, either, unless they themselves are attacked. JMHO,YMMV.

Hmmm, sounds borderline Biblical.
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Since the subject of Taiwan come up at my house from time to time, along with Tibet, the Urghyurs, etc, I did a quick Wikidiky study of its history. There was an indigenous population on Taiwan, then the Dutch arrived with Chinese colonists in the 17th century. They were kicked out by the Ching Dynasty, last of the Imperial rulers, who in turn were booted by the Japanese in 1895. Japan held Taiwan until they ceded it to the allies after WWII. Soon after, the Nationalist Chinese were given control and after the death of Chiang Kai-shek, the country began the transition to a democratic country (this is all very superficial, but describes the essentials). Bottom line is that China’s claim to Taiwan is pretty spurious, just like the South China Sea.

That is essentially correct, and a very good perspective. In many respects Taiwan is culturally Chinese, well, sort of. When the mainland Chinese came over with Chiang, and took over by force, they were not welcomed by the Taiwanese. The local Taiwanese version of spoken Chinese is very different from Mandarin. Over the years they have assimilated. and post Chiang, Taiwanese have assumed leadership, even the presidency. When I was there in the late '50s the Nationalist slogan was "Take back the Mainland". The Taiwanese version was "Please do, and leave our island to us".
Originally Posted by atomchaser

Do you really think Biden would adhere to that treaty if it meant several west coast cities being destroyed? China isn't a low-tech mob any more. Their Navy is superior--or soon will be--to ours.

Just like we're going to protect Afghanistan from the Taliban. Yeah, right.

Taiwan had better have some nukes of their own hidden away. Several countries have developed nuclear bombs without us knowing about it: India, Pakistan, Israel, South Africa. Wouldn't surprise me if Japan had some too.
https://www.quora.com/Roughly-how-many-people-would-die-if-the-Three-Gorges-Dam-collapsed?share=1

Roughly, how many people would die if the Three Gorges Dam collapsed?

Depends on how many people have evacuated. There's been plenty of time… they should already be gone. There are about 400 million people living in the direct path of the tidal wave that would result in the dam's collapse… hense most estimates putting the anticipated death toll on the 50 million range, some up to 100 million from the initial tidal wave that will demolish hundreds of cities.

But… even if it were all successfully evacuated, that's a WHOLE lot of people's livelihood that will be gone. Even if none died that day, 400 million people will be homeless and jobless, with no access to clean water, in an area with demolished infrastructure, therefore more prone to disease and no standing hospitals. People will try to move to other areas (already overpopulated, and the massive draught in northern China means their food supply is already extremely unstable, before the “accidental” food store fires lately).

So areas out of the flood zone will face increased overpopulation, disease, and crime that comes with people desperately fleeing their demolished homes.

People even farther will still be financially impacted by the breakdown in infrastructure and supply chains and lost benefits from those areas, which will have noticable impacts around the world.

All because a little change in the environment rerouted the rain that normally falls in north China was redirected south. (So, the lack of rain in the north causing draught and starvation is also part of this same problem, if not directly connected to the collapse).

It's really bad.
Originally Posted by fburgtx

How has that worked with North Korea?

China keeps feedin’ ‘em.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rfa.org/english/news/korea/rail-04202021162846.html/ampRFA
Posted By: PSE Re: China threatens to nuke Japan - 07/17/21
Japan has not had a serious incentive to rearm (with nuclear weapons) until now that is. While they may not have the capability physically yet, I would be surprised if there are not the plans and production capability to rearm quickly if needed.

Manufacturing nuclear weapons is not as hard as it used to be if the country is not subject to sanctions, has a decent scientific and engineering community, money and the incentive to do so.
If that dam ever does burst it sounds like both those Countries would starve.....
China has been building to dominate the world since Mao. The US has been instrumental in providing the knowledge and hardware to to achieve 1st world capabilities as a buffer to Russia. China will project power at its' own pace and as they see opportunities where opposition will be limited.

The national will to oppose, or even censure China is non-existent in the west. It is present in their Asian/Indian neighbors but the military power gap in China's favor expands daily.

If interested go the the Global Firepower website where up to date mil. capability comparisons are accurate and concise.

Good reads to assist in understanding Chinese culture and the mindset of the CCP:

On China, by Henry Kissinger

The Hundred Year Marathon, by Michael Pillsbury

A naive and complacent west is self destructing more effectively than any enemy could do.

mike r
Japanese nuclear capability is like a high school science project. It would be assigned on Friday and turned in on Monday. China would get hit very hard in a war with Japan.
PRC military history since WW ll is not very impressive when you look up their history. They threw some hard punches in Korea for sure, but it came to a draw eventually, Viet Nam, I'd say they won, but only because the US severely limited the use of force and then folded. It was not a military win, it was a political win. Sino-Russian border war was a draw. Sino-Indian war in Tibet (kinda) I believe the Indian Army could have handed them their asses, but the US and UK refused to sell the Indians military hardware. (we will live to regret that decision). But, give the Red Army it's due, it won in Tianamen Square.
Japan draws it's version of a red line.... interesting times

Posted By: GeoW Re: China threatens to nuke Japan - 07/18/21
China may be about to schit itself...
https://www.libertynation.com/multinational-exercise-sends-unmistakable-message-to-beijing/

Select Author
Or
Search Articles

Multinational Exercise Sends Unmistakable Message To Beijing
Australian and U.S. forces lead a host of nations in a combined Indo-Pacific exercise.

By: Dave PattersonJuly 17, 2021Articles, Military Affairs, Opinion

by Dave Patterson

The United States and Australia are leading a large multinational exercise to demonstrate that, if necessary, forces from widely distant locations can be assembled and deployed rapidly. The combined exercise is an important training and operational event code-named Talisman Sabre 2021 and is an annual international military gathering to ensure different U.S. and Australian allies can operate seamlessly together. There is an added benefit of establishing a presence, albeit short-lived, in China’s backyard. Beijing has recently engaged in threatening activities in proximity to its neighbors, as Liberty Nation has reported consistently.

Conducting combined training with allies keeps regional military forces ready should they be needed. In a Military.com article, Konstantin Toropin provides details about the exercise. The combined participants number 17,000 from the Republic of Korea, Japan, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the U.S., Australia, and Canada.

The exercise will run from July 14 to Mid-August. Emphasizing its significance, Toropin quoted Major General Jake Ellwood, commander of Australia’s Deployable Joint Force Headquarters, who explained, “Talisman Sabre is a major undertaking from all participants and demonstrates our capacity to achieve Large-scale operational outcomes, while also dealing with a global pandemic.”

Among the operational training events included in Talisman Sabre 2021 are “amphibious landings, ground force maneuvers, urban operations, and air combat and maritime operations.” These are the essential combat capabilities needed to repel an aggressor attempting to invade islands in the region and defeat them on land.

Stars and Stripes, in a 2019 report, provides a historical dimension to the yearly military maneuvers. The first of the exercises was held in 2005 with 11,000 U.S. and 6,000 Australian troops. The article said:

“Talisman Sabre 2019, the monthlong, multinational military exercise led by the U.S. and Australia, demonstrated that the U.S. has allies ready to help keep order in the Indo-Pacific region. This year’s [2019] version of Talisman Sabre, the eighth, was the biggest yet. While intended as a generic team-building exercise, it also sent a message to China that any attempt to assert dominance in the region will be met by a unified front, outside observers say.”

The Chinese Are Watching
Australian Defense Magazine reported that as happened in previous Talisman Sabre 2017 and 2019, the Peoples Liberation Army Navy took an interest in the exercise. One of Beijing’s spy ships lingered off the coast to monitor the activities. According to Andrew Greene, writing for the ABC Australia News Blog, the high-tech Chinese surveillance ship Tianwangxing is expected to take up a position on July 16 in waters off the coast of Queensland to keep close tabs on the multinational military activities.

Patriot Missile LaunchNew to the scheduled Talisman Sabre operational events was the live firing of a patriot long-range, all-altitude, all-weather air defense system on July 16. This missile capability is effective against tactical ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and modern aircraft.

The U.S. deployed Patriot systems to Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003. According to Defense Brief, this was the first time the weapon system had been fired from Australian soil. The accompanying photo of the missile launch is courtesy of the U.S. Defense Visual Information Distribution Service. It shows the patriot missile leaving the firing tube at the training grounds at Camp Growl, Queensland, Australia. The U.S. Army 38th Air Defense Artillery Brigade conducted the missile firing.

To emphasize the U.S. force projection activities in the region and to complement Talisman Sabre 2021 scheduled training events. Toropin discussed the U.S. geopolitical position in the region. According to the Military.com report:

“This year, Talisman Sabre begins just days after Secretary of State Antony Blinken announced that the U.S. would continue to follow a Trump-era rejection of nearly all of China’s significant maritime claims in the South China Sea and warned its leaders that any attack on the Philippines would provoke a U.S. response under a mutual defense treaty.”

Blinken’s statement is a strong and necessary assertion of America’s position in the region, to counter other less impressive U.S. national security proclamations. To that end, the U.S. Navy destroyer Benford conducted a freedom of navigation transit of the South China Sea near the Paracel Islands; islands that Beijing claims, as do Taiwan and Vietnam. The combination of steadfast Australian and U.S. leadership during Talisman Sabre 2021 and the willingness to continue to exert strong naval presence in freedom of navigation transits helps to reinforce the conviction that China is a major regional threat.

The U.S. has historically made its national security and geopolitical aims clear through its major joint forces exercise program. Large international exercises with U.S. friends and allies have effectively established American capability to deploy long distances and employ troops effectively. Additionally, working with allies and international partners creates the capability to collaborate and coordinate during combat to defeat a common enemy.

The views expressed are those of the author and not of any other affiliation.
Originally Posted by doubleDs55

Yeah, just like that ran away in Korea.

https://www.quora.com/Roughly-how-many-people-would-die-if-the-Three-Gorges-Dam-collapsed?share=1

Roughly, how many people would die if the Three Gorges Dam collapsed?

Depends on how many people have evacuated. There's been plenty of time… they should already be gone. There are about 400 million people living in the direct path of the tidal wave that would result in the dam's collapse… hense most estimates putting the anticipated death toll on the 50 million range, some up to 100 million from the initial tidal wave that will demolish hundreds of cities.

But… even if it were all successfully evacuated, that's a WHOLE lot of people's livelihood that will be gone. Even if none died that day, 400 million people will be homeless and jobless, with no access to clean water, in an area with demolished infrastructure, therefore more prone to disease and no standing hospitals. People will try to move to other areas (already overpopulated, and the massive draught in northern China means their food supply is already extremely unstable, before the “accidental” food store fires lately).

So areas out of the flood zone will face increased overpopulation, disease, and crime that comes with people desperately fleeing their demolished homes.

People even farther will still be financially impacted by the breakdown in infrastructure and supply chains and lost benefits from those areas, which will have noticable impacts around the world.

All because a little change in the environment rerouted the rain that normally falls in north China was redirected south. (So, the lack of rain in the north causing draught and starvation is also part of this same problem, if not directly connected to the collapse).

It's really bad.

Could be a natural disaster of biblical proportions.

Or,

A hellishly effective strategic hit!
It is hard to forget when Mao told the Ruskies that 100 million kia was acceptable. They think on a different level than do we. When they decide to take Taiwan it will be over before civilized nations get out of committee.

mike r
It appears China is still pissed off about what Japan did to China in the years leading up to WWII. They want there pound of flesh. Maybe 2 pounds.

kwg
© 24hourcampfire