Home
Posted By: stxhunter Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Fox news chick talking about the new Russian fighter jet.
Well I guess we're phoucked.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

It defies the fundamental laws of physics, eh? LOL.
Posted By: viking Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
That and their Mach 7 hyper missile.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
What is that in Warps? Can’t remember if the speed of light is One or Zero, if I ever knew.

Posted By: jaguartx Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

cool Didnt Trump say we had missiles 17,000 thousand times faster than those previously used? whistle
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Twice the speed of light lol.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21

Was she blonde?
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Engage! Number one!
Originally Posted by jaguartx

cool Didnt Trump say we had missiles 17,000 thousand times faster than those previously used? whistle

Probably, but gas was $2.00 a gallon.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
I guess the Vulcans will be by soon to drink Vodka with them and dance to a jukebox.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
With democrats in charge sooner or later someone is going to make an F and we're going to see what everybody's cards are. I just pray we can get them all rounded up and sent to Prison before they manage to start something we're all going to suffer for.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I guess the Vulcans will be by soon to drink Vodka with them and dance to a jukebox.

LOL. Yep. Zefram Cochrane must have lead the development team.
where do I sign up?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
lmao

180,000 miles/sec X 2

😂😂
Originally Posted by slumlord
lmao

180,000 miles/sec X 2

😂😂

Uh-oh. You left the door wide open for mathman.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
lmao

180,000 miles/sec X 2

😂😂

Is that^^ fast, or something?
Posted By: ringworm Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21

Why?
Soon as he throttles back he will hit the outer solar system and be lost.
The SR-71 has to be refueled as soon as it gets off the ground. This one must be permanently attached to the gas pump.
Checkmate. Yawn.

More doomsday schit from the liars. Hell, they've done enough dumb schit already to destroy the earth 10 times over.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The SR-71 has to be refueled as soon as it gets off the ground. This one must be permanently attached to the gas pump.

Naaaw, it's probably eco-friendly green and all.... 'lectric is supposedly the wave of the future ya know.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
No one caught Her mistake, so I'm sure there are some out there believing it.
Posted By: Jerryv Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21

Must be the next generation Firefox!

Story of the MiG-31

Jerry
Posted By: OldHat Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
The Russian pilots will now never grow old.
Posted By: Marty_B Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Wow, It could circle the earth almost 15 times in one second!!! That's some serious G's!
It takes about 8 min for light to reach earth from the sun. The pilot can take a swing around the sun and have 4 min to get on target and launch a missile on his way back.
Posted By: Rossimp Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
New Russian propaganda claiming Mach 1.8 speed with no test flights conducted. F-35 was tested with extreme rigors at Mach 1.6 and recommended max speeds of Mach 1.3. We’ll see if the so called Russian “Checkmate” is up to sustaining Mach 1.8 without coming apart. My guess is it will never see Mach 1.8 in a test flight.
Posted By: g5m Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
But, unlike the local Fox lady who quit because of the lies she was forced to speak, the producer of the show didn't know the difference as the speaker was just reading a script.

Maybe she should have been scripted "really, really fast".
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21

The question now is how stupid are the Fox news reporters.
Everyone knows the German scientist we got after WWII are better than the ones they got. Hasbeen
Hmmmmm....186,000 per second x 2 aaay? 1,339,200,000 mph....(1.339.2 billion mph)......LOL....I'm sure she will be told about it and see the tape.
Do you think any of the kids pushing the coffee and donuts have the balls to correct the senior script writers?

Probably not!
Posted By: hardway Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Like Rick Moranis in Space Balls …. “ I need Ludacris Speed” lmao.
Posted By: WMR Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Aye, she can go that fast, but the Dilithium crystals will NOT hold up under the strain!!!
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Engage! Number one!

Make it so.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21

It has solar panels on the wings and a big wind turbine on the tail. At cruising speed it generates 1.21 gigawatts.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Just to be on the safe side here ... it is physically impossible to achieve 1 X the speed of light. Einstein showed us that.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by bruinruin

It has solar panels on the wings and a big wind turbine on the tail. At cruising speed it generates 1.21 gigawatts.

At twice the speed of light, I'm not sure that solar panels would work unless you were heading directly into the light. Why would she worry about it, if it were true? It's going to be somewhere else, a long way off, in about a second
Posted By: WMR Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by OldHat
Just to be on the safe side here ... it is physically impossible to achieve 1 X the speed of light. Einstein showed us that.

OK...., so there's that. Still seems pretty fast, relativity speaking.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
You guys sound like a segment of CNN- every slip of the tongue on FOX news becomes a "BREAKING NEWS" moment that is played over and over and over and over and over on CNN, just to make sure everyone sees how petty CNN can be.... wink
lmao

180,000 miles/sec X 2

😂😂

That's approaching .270 Win velocities.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by Sheister
You guys sound like a segment of CNN- every slip of the tongue on FOX news becomes a "BREAKING NEWS" moment that is played over and over and over and over and over on CNN, just to make sure everyone sees how petty CNN can be.... wink

No it is the stupidity of those reporting, thus making any and all reporting suspect because accuracy is out the window
Originally Posted by OldHat
..........................Yep......And from all of the known elements that exist, there is not a single one nor any combo thereof that can be mixed that would achieve enough energy to propel any man made craft at the speed of light......Most of the solar system and deep space is only to be admired and explored through powerful telescopes. Time, distance and physics says so.
Posted By: thaxted Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
lmao

180,000 miles/sec X 2

😂😂

Yes, but only with hundred grain bullets and 4064 powder. cool

It takes force to turn a wind turbine. When energy is converted from one type to another, there's always a net loss. The loss from drag would lose more power than it would generate.

A 270 can NOT achieve Cx2. A Creedmore, certainly, but not a 270.

88 mph?
Originally Posted by jaguartx

May 15, 2020 · Trump said the weapon could reach speeds 17 times faster than current missiles and that it just got the "go-ahead." wink
That’s Millenium falcon type chit...
It can do the Kessel run in 12 parsecs.....
Posted By: johnw Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I googled him
There's a reason we worry about you...
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by jwp475

The question now is how stupid are the Fox news reporters.

Not the talking heads so much as the editors.
Posted By: hatari Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21

I hope Sulu and Chekov can handle that warp drive.

Nope - powered by a cold fusion engine - fuel cells are a jar of salt water and a couple of lead fishing weights
Does it come in all-wheel drive?
Originally Posted by Raeford
lmao

180,000 miles/sec X 2

😂😂

Is that^^ fast, or something?

Betcha a properly handloaded 6.5 Creedmoor will do that. Factory ammo is underloaded.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21
Would that be considered Plaid speed?
Posted By: las Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/21/21

Nah - it's solar powered.
Posted By: greydog Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21
[/quote]
It has solar panels on the wings and a big wind turbine on the tail. At cruising speed it generates 1.21 gigawatts.[/quote]It takes force to turn a wind turbine. When energy is converted from one type to another, there's always a net loss. The loss from drag would lose more power than it would generate.

You're not taking into account the quantum gains realized by the engagement of the flux capacitor. GD
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21
Originally Posted by las

Nah - it's solar powered.

You guys are messing up the picture in my head: I see it flying around in a circle attatched to the hose like a Junebug on a string.

Still having a problem figgerin’ out how I could see it at twice the speed of light. Need another drinky….
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21

The SR-71 wasn’t fueled until it was ready for takeoff and then only a little fuel was put into it. The skin of a SR-71 is built like fish scale to allow it to expand with the heat it built up at high mach speeds. The skin of the plane was also the skin on the fuel cell. It leaked fuel when it was cool. They put just enough fuel in at the last minute to get it up airborne and do a quick high speed run to heat the aircraft which sealed the tanks. Then they’d drop down and fuel up from an airborne tanker. It’s been claimed that the SR-71 is the pinnacle of human engineering. It was the last aircraft built using purely human brain power with a slide rule. Computers did most of the calculations after the SR-71.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21

AKA my cock.
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

The SR-71 wasn’t fueled until it was ready for takeoff and then only a little fuel was put into it. The skin of a SR-71 is built like fish scale to allow it to expand with the heat it built up at high mach speeds. The skin of the plane was also the skin on the fuel cell. It leaked fuel when it was cool. They put just enough fuel in at the last minute to get it up airborne and do a quick high speed run to heat the aircraft which sealed the tanks. Then they’d drop down and fuel up from an airborne tanker. It’s been claimed that the SR-71 is the pinnacle of human engineering. It was the last aircraft built using purely human brain power with a slide rule. Computers did most of the calculations after the SR-71.

I think it was also the pinnacle of aerodynamic engineering. The Air Force accepted the original A 12 in 1959. It was Archangel 12 because it was #12 in the line of development.

The engineering work had to have been done through the mid fifties.

Almost seventy years later we have not developed anything with superior aerodynamics. There's only so much that can be done within the limitations of physics.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Which also makes no sense!
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The dude liked shotguns, and here I thought all Montanans used .270's. (all but Ingwe that is)
Posted By: WAM Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21
Did she show good cleavage?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

I knew most of that, but didn’t let it get in the way of a joke.
I saw that clip and in one aspect she was absolutely correct; her mind was boggled! GD
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Which also makes no sense!

They attempted to make sense of that proclamation in one of the spin offs, because we all knew since Star Trek TOS that a parsec was a measure of distance and not time.

Hans explained that he had piloted the 'Falcon through some regions of space considered too dangerous to navigate. Therefor he had "made the Kessel Run" in a record "shortest distance traveled".

Yes, I agree. It still makes zero sense.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21
It takes over 8 minutes at the speed of light for light to travel from the sun to earth. My eyesight is faster than that, I can see the sun instantly when I open my eyes. Tell me what is faster than eyesight.

No doubt someone will make the effort, but I know my eyesight is damned fast. 8 minutes x 60 seconds x 186,000 is a long time.
Posted By: mathman Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21
You're seeing the sun as it was 8 minutes ago.
And then we have "Icarus", observed via Hubble telescope. Half way across the universe, we are seeing it as it was 9 Billion years ago.

It has probably supernovaed or turned into a black hole billions of years ago. We have no way of knowing.
Originally Posted by HitnRun
It takes over 8 minutes at the speed of light for light to travel from the sun to earth. My eyesight is faster than that, I can see the sun instantly when I open my eyes. Tell me what is faster than eyesight.

No doubt someone will make the effort, but I know my eyesight is damned fast. 8 minutes x 60 seconds x 186,000 is a long time.
....................480 seconds in 8 minutes x 186,000 miles per second = 89,280,000 miles! Whoooops1 The average distance to the sun from earth is 93 million miles. You were off 0.05 of a second, the time needed for the light to travel that extra 3.720 million miles......LOL>>>LOL
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

....................480 seconds in 8 minutes x 186,000 miles per second = 89,280,000 miles! Whoooops1 The average distance to the sun from earth is 93 million miles. You were off 0.05 of a second, the time needed for the light to travel that extra 3.720 million miles......LOL>>>LOL
......................Whoopsi. My calcs were a little off. Another 20 seconds for light to travel that extra 3.720 million miles.....lol
Posted By: HitnRun Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21

No, I wasn’t

No, I wasn’t
.................Whoops! Yes! I did overlook the word "OVER" in your post.......LOL
Posted By: 1minute Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/22/21
Wow! Even Steven Hawkins did not see that one coming. What's the propulsion system?
Originally Posted by 1minute
Wow! Even Steven Hawkins did not see that one coming. What's the propulsion system?
..................Oh you don't know? It's Star Trek 101. Them dylithium crystals....LOL
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
And then we have "Icarus", observed via Hubble telescope. Half way across the universe, we are seeing it as it was 9 Billion years ago.

It has probably supernovaed or turned into a black hole billions of years ago. We have no way of knowing.

Unless we are , by means of sympathetic, sub-atomic physics, not yet understood, actually seeing a replication of the object as it is NOW. GD
Originally Posted by greydog

Unless we are , by means of sympathetic, sub-atomic physics, not yet understood, actually seeing a replication of the object as it is NOW. GD

But you know as well as I, we are not.
Posted By: DMc Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/23/21
We gotta be talking "Worm Hole"
Posted By: greydog Re: Twice the speed of light - 07/23/21
Originally Posted by greydog

But you know as well as I, we are not.

I know or at least I think I know! This is the one argument I have with the expanding universe theory. When it is said that more distant objects are moving away faster, the evidence only says they WERE moving away faster. We don't know what in hell they are doing NOW. These are things which are fun to contemplate. Kind of a physics and philosophy collide sort of thing! Let there always be mysteries. GD
© 24hourcampfire