Home
Just joking, sturgeon that is sheesh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRbwwT2DRYP/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
Saw that! Pretty cool footage!

350-pound fish shocks anglers when it leaps out of the water

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/350-pound-fish-sturgeon-jumps-water-shocks-canada

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
I've had a similar sized one jump out of the water about ten yards from my WW raft on the Rogue. Startled the shidt out of me.
JakeBlues: Holy Mackerel, Batman - that is a whopper!
I have only been Sturgeon fishing once in my life and was thrilled to catch a Sturgeon with an estimated weight of 100 pounds.
This was in a catch and release only, section of the Salmon River in Idaho.
According to the article the video has been viewed 4.7 million times?
Cool - thanks for sharing.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Found a dead 6’er about a month ago

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload image get url
Cool!

I snagged a 9 or 10 foot sturgeon close to shore when fishing the Frasier River for sockeye a few years ago. In the first seconds I was thinking maybe a big Chinook as it started taking line upstream and then it jumped about 40 feet from me. Looked like a Poseidon missile launch as it towered way above my head!
350? Nope.

Maybe half that.
We have sturgeon down here that are fairly large. They jump in front of boats, hit the occupants and kill a few now and then. I guess they head for the bar, a drink and a few laughs.
Originally Posted by JCS271
350? Nope.

Maybe half that.

I was thinking the same thing. Kinda like those 750 lb hogs folks are always shooting.
Originally Posted by JCS271
350? Nope.

Maybe half that.

More than that. I'd guess around 270-300. Too big to keep here, there's a slot limit, but a helluva fight anyway.
My wife and I fished the Frazer a few years ago and caught a number of fish in three days. Everyone of them jumped fully out of the water when hooked. This was the first one caught, a nine footer. Hell of a trip.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My wife had this one to the side of the boat when it went down some and rested. The guide warned us of the potential jump and entering the boat. After maybe a minute out it came, fully again, right next to the boat and off it went for another workout getting it to the boat again. Pretty awesome experience. I have it all on video.

Originally Posted by EdM
My wife and I fished the Frazer a few years ago and caught a number of fish in three days. Everyone of them jumped fully out of the water when hooked. This was the first one caught, a nine footer. Hell of a trip.

My wife had this one to the side of the boat when it went down some and rested. The guide warned us of the potential jump and entering the boat. After maybe a minute out it came, fully again, right next to the boat and off it went for another workout getting it to the boat again. Pretty awesome experience. I have it all on video.

Nice!
Originally Posted by EdM

Incredible, Ed.
Awesome pictures guys, thanks for sharing.
Ed,

That is some beauty.

How do you keep it calm long enough to take the picture without it thrashing?
They’re pretty well spent by the time you get one that size landed. I’ve fought smaller ones for nearly and hour.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Ed,

That is some beauty.

How do you keep it calm long enough to take the picture without it thrashing?

Roll them on their back and they just settle. Roll back up, take photos pronto and release. One "came to" sooner than expected and tail swatted me into the water.
© 24hourcampfire