Home
Posted By: tikkanut Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/23/21

I'll bet Conrad & Olson are the first to respond............

Iffin you pay an HOA.......

you prob drive a subaru.........

HOA...no not camel toe

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/hoa.asp
Posted By: krp Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Yes, ours started at 75 a year but is now 185 I think after 25 years. We have a lot of common areas around the golf course to maintain in the neighborhood and a small pool that we've never used.

Kent
My Property in Arizona is has a POA
Property owners Association.
Our Community has over 75 miles of dirt roads that we pay to maintain.
My share of the cost is $164 a year.
I do not mind paying because the POA keeps the roads open so I can get to my property 9 1/2 miles in.
We also have a Volunteer Crew that does not get paid to work the Roads.
That helps keep our dues from going up every year.
Posted By: strikeu Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
you almost can't purchase a decent house in a respectable neighborhood that's safe and clean in Las Vegas without belonging to a HOA.

Also, any beach condo you buy in Alabama or the Florida panhandle is going to have HOA management. I drive a RAM 3500 Dually and a F-250 w the 7.3.
Posted By: iddave Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
I have.

Fees suck and a high number of snooty soccer moms
to deal with, but it’s been an awesome place to raise my kids.

They walked to school through 9th grade. Pools for the kids growing up. Kids both jacked their first HRs on local baseball/softball fields.

It’s just a place to live. It sure hasn’t kept me from wrecking fish and fowl across Idaho.

They have their downsides for sure…but they also aren’t all bad.

YMMV

Dave
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Nope. Never have. Never will.
Posted By: antlers Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
I’ve paid em’ because where I lived required it.
I’ve not paid em’ because where I lived didn’t require it.

I like not payin’ em’ better.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21

[quote I drive a RAM 3500 Dually and a F-250 w the 7.3. [/quote]

hell ya !!

none here......I scoop up my own dog schidt......no pool.....no neighbors

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: antlers Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
If I get out that way, and if it’s cool enough, I wanna sit right there and drink a beer at that fire pit.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
You mean like Kamala? 😮
Posted By: viking Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Once.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Renegade said I had 11 junk cars in my yard as of yesterday.

Who’s counting eh? LOL
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
This feels like a trap. Birdy will be along shortly to expound about the freedom of the bario followed shortly by blastfart bitdching about those that don't live in a singlewide in the wilderness of N.Y.

Jim and Sam have an HOA but call it the BLM. That is not what the oregoonians think it is.

mike r
Originally Posted by navlav8r
You mean like Kamala? 😮

no like 'camel toe'
Posted By: deflave Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
For one full year in a rental.

Sometimes they are worth it. Sometimes not.
Originally Posted by strikeu
you almost can't purchase a decent house in a respectable neighborhood that's safe and clean in Las Vegas without belonging to a HOA.

Also, any beach condo you buy in Alabama or the Florida panhandle is going to have HOA management. I drive a RAM 3500 Dually and a F-250 w the 7.3.

I feel your pain. I see a Tundra in your future.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

none here......I scoop up my own dog schidt......no pool.....no neighbors

Well, at least we have a stove, walls and A/C. Nice view though.

mike r
Posted By: Remsen Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
II've owned two houses with HOAs. One HOA was the poster child for why people hate HOAs. They were hyper politicized and did nothing to actually help homeowners. In fact, when we were selling the house they tried to shake us down and threatened to block the sale if we didn't do as they said. They lost.

The other HOA wasn't bad and they did keep everything looking very nice and ensured that selfish idiots didn't ruin quality of life for others. They'd also do things like threaten us for leaving garbage cans out, but they never really acted on their threats.

All in all, I'd prefer to not live where there is an HOA.
Originally Posted by antlers
If I get out that way, and if it’s cool enough, I wanna sit right there and drink a beer at that fire pit.

You got it.......

I'm buying.......Bud Lite........

T/storms have brought evening temps down...

Manti Range got hammered yesterday....the Swell too.........

Unusual monsoon pattern this summer....high pressure moved east

Storms come up from AZ.......

I'm just north of CR NP

Yep,and I was even president of one.Our dues are only $45/year.There were several that stayed on the BOD and thought they ran the community. I started a grass roots movement and we got all them tossed out and every thing quieted down.Main problem was they made me president. This was more than a few years ago, I'm just an old grumpy curmudgeon now now, but I drive a Chevy 2500HD, not a Subaru. Ours is a 295 home community, 5 acre lots on 1200 acres. .

The BOD does not go out and police and we don't have a management community attending to it. Only way something gets action is if a neighbor complains which is rare now and we have an arbitration clause.

The problem with people bitching about HOA's is they won't get involved and fix it.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
No matter how good your HOA may seem at any given moment, you are a deed change or two away from misery. Karens are lurking everywhere.
If I were stuck in suburbia hell, then I probably might to have a halfway decent neighborhood maybe?

That's a big maybe.

But no and fugk no so far. I don't need some dried up cat lady khundt deciding what color I can paint my kids bedrooms, or whether I can change the oil in my driveway, or or or or.

The 'Holiday Weekend' they speak of......

July 24th....Mormon Pioneer Day celebrated here.......

Others celebrate 'Pie & Beer Day'

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/pie-and-beer-day-2021-whats-happening
Posted By: hanco Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Never have
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Yep,and I was even president of one.Our dues are only $45/year.There were several that stayed on the BOD and thought they ran the community. I started a grass roots movement and we got all them tossed out and every thing quieted down.Main problem was they made me president. This was more than a few years ago, I'm just an old grumpy curmudgeon now now, but I drive a Chevy 2500HD, not a Subaru. Ours is a 295 home community, 5 acre lots on 1200 acres. .

The BOD does not go out and police and we don't have a management community attending to it. Only way something gets action is if a neighbor complains which is rare now and we have an arbitration clause.

The problem with people bitching about HOA's is they won't get involved and fix it.

did U drive a subaru ?
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Nope, never have and if the Good Lord is willing, I never will.
Our condo in Miami has an association and fees. Just part of doing business
Tikka, we have been getting some great light shows here, I'll bet you see some from your patio. We were in the mountains yesterday and some of those lightning strikes and a hard rain sent us home. You have to take those flash floods seriously.grin

mike r
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
I had a home in a lake community in the Poconos, my house was right on the lake. $1100/year, 400 houses in the community, only 300 paid the HOA fee. We had a large pool, tennis courts, security, snow plowing and garbage disposal. I recently sold it, got tired of the new neighbors, the lake dam was due a major repair mandated by the State.
Posted By: krp Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
We have gotten almost 3 inches here in the last 72 hours and more coming... finally a real monsoon.

Kent

yep.........

turn around/don't drown

serious schiddt.......

Posted By: MARCEL Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Never have and never will.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
I'm presently paying dues to two HOAs, both rentals.
My house? No way.
Posted By: bobinpa Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Nope and don't plan to unless I get too feeble to take care of my own place...That's the only advantage I see to it.
Posted By: EdM Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
The Texas place does and we have zero issues with it. It also has nothing to do with taking care of my property.
Hell no. Definitely not cut out for subdivision life. I’m building out one now and feel bad imposing the covenants on the buyers. It’s a necessary evil sometimes in order to create affordable housing, I’ll leave it at that.
No.

You got it.......

I'm just north of CR NP

This Storm system swept threw Our Community in Arizona and washed out 4 roads.
One of the video clips our Board of directors sent us was over 60 ft wide who knows how deep.
Our Volunteers jumped on it with in hours of the storm moving out and fixed 1 major road so people and contractors could get out.
The Storm swept threw again with in 24 hour and took their work out.
They were back on it hours after that one past and they are fixing the roads every day until they get them fixed.
Our Board of Directors are having meetings on how and where to do permanent improvements like Culverts , Drainage and Spill Walls to slow the damage down when systems like this run threw our Community.
I happily pay the fee and I am a year ahead on that payment.
With out the POA I would not be able to get in and out of my property
Our Board only doe Road stuff nothing about our personal property's.
There have been some members of our Community that want to rule everyone and everything they do.
I fight them and so do others. Nazi's are everywhere you just need to fight them.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Have and still do. Money well spent in both cases.

Have heard and seen some not so good to awful arrangements though. One being not too far from me which is a golfing community.
Nope never will.
Originally Posted by funshooter

You got it.......

I'm just north of CR NP

One of the video clips our Board of directors sent us was over 60 ft wide who knows how deep.
Our Volunteers jumped on it with in hours of the storm moving out and fixed 1 major road so people and contractors could get out.
They were back on it hours after that one past and they are fixing the roads every day until they get them fixed.
Our Board of Directors are having meetings on how and where to do permanent improvements like Culverts , Drainage and Spill Walls to slow the damage down when systems like this run threw our Community.
There have been some members of our Community that want to rule everyone and everything they do.
I fight them and so do others. Nazi's are everywhere you just need to fight them.

Being dependent sucks.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
I pay $130 a year, which goes for snow removal and just this year, resurfacing the road. Ours is very low-key, and have next to zero authority. I had my deck design approved this year because the builder and county insisted, but that’s the only time in 31 years I’ve had to deal with them.

OTOH, the one where my father lived was a PITA. Tried to buffalo me into removing some trees because one neighbor didn’t like them, not because of any compliance problem. They backed down once they saw I wasn’t gonna play ball. I hate weasels.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
My home is on a lot of land so "no."

My condo has a lot of common areas etc., so yes there's a HOA. The rules make sense and the board is very understanding.
I've been the President of our little HOA for 17 years now.

It's a job nobody here wants, but someone needs to collect money and coordinate road maintenance. That's me, and that's all I do with it.

I recently called a meeting (last one was 15 years ago) to elect new officers, as I was running it all myself, and thought it bad not to have another name on the bank account....just in case.

Anyhoo, only two folks showed up for the meeting, out of about 40 or 50 people who own homes here.

I don't make it another layer of government though. If someone has a problem with a neighbor or whatnot, I tell them it's not a community problem. You need to sort it out yourself, or call the Sheriff.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
We use the HTRA around here, Hit The Road Arsehole..
20+ years ago I chose a gun-friendly state and a job that would pay me to live here.... I let my wife, my mother and my kids choose the house, they wanted it to be larger and newer which meant.... HOA.

I would have very much preferred no HOA, no CCRs.... if I could get rid of them I would.... someday, probably when I retire, I might move... that will be a traumatic event for me (anyone who's seen my hobby room knows why)....

on the theory that one should keep one's friends close.... and one's enemies closer.... I volunteered to serve on the HOA board....

.... this year, I find it humorously ironic that I am the president of both my HOA and my Ham Radio Club!

Poole
“Conservative” is a relative term apparently?
SMHLMAO…
Posted By: chris_c Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
We are in one in Mn, very low key. No subaru, did trade the 4runner on a gx460 lexus
Originally Posted by chris_c
We are in one in Mn, very low key. No subaru, did trade the 4runner on a gx460 lexus

good deal.....

Lexus GX 460 is the 4Runner on steriods and then some
Originally Posted by jackmountain

You got it.......

I'm just north of CR NP

Being dependent sucks.

I have a 9 1/2 mile of hills and curves to drive to get away from everyone.
When I go to my property i hear maybe 3 vehicles in 3 weeks.
You call me paying my POA dependency.
I have a small tractor I guess I could box blade the road myself every time I go up there. That 9 1/2 miles of road would probably take me a week or two to make it passable if no one up there did it for me.
I gladly pay the Dues.
I do not consider it dependence.
I also have a 1 ton 4 X 4 I pull a Gooseneck with to get supply's up to my property to build my place up.
It would sure Suck to have to fix the road in areas every time I went up there.
I will be going up in a week or so and those roads will be open for me not to waste any time on for my own projects.
People are Dependent on the Gooberment for Road Maintenance. Our Community does not pay the Gooberment so we pay to Maintain it our selves.
I feel better paying our POA rather than Paying some Gooberment Bureaucracy that tells me what I can put out on the road and what I can not put out on the road.
Dependency is a frame of mind and who you are really dependent on. I choose as you say to be dependent on a small POA rather than dependent on a big Gooberment.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21

I'll bet Conrad & Olson are the first to respond............

I live in town.
(drive the dirtiest pickup in my hood though)

Closest HOA is probably 100 miles away.

You got it.......

I'm just north of CR NP

Being dependent sucks.

I have a small tractor I guess I could box blade the road myself every time I go up there. That 9 1/2 miles of road would probably take me a week or two to make it passable if no one up there did it for me.
I gladly pay the Dues.
I also have a 1 ton 4 X 4 I pull a Gooseneck with to get supply's up to my property to build my place up.
I will be going up in a week or so and those roads will be open for me not to waste any time on for my own projects.
People are Dependent on the Gooberment for Road Maintenance. Our Community does not pay the Gooberment so we pay to Maintain it our selves.
I feel better paying our POA rather than Paying some Gooberment Bureaucracy that tells me what I can put out on the road and what I can not put out on the road.
Dependency is a frame of mind and who you are really dependent on. I choose as you say to be dependent on a small POA rather than dependent on a big Gooberment.

You defined dependent BTW.

You couldn't access your property unless everyone else chipped in........
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
If I were stuck in suburbia hell, then I probably might to have a halfway decent neighborhood maybe?

That's a big maybe.

But no and fugk no so far. I don't need some dried up cat lady khundt deciding what color I can paint my kids bedrooms, or whether I can change the oil in my driveway, or or or or.

Not all are urban or even suburban.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Can you pee off the porch if you live where there's HOAs?
Posted By: chris_c Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21

good deal.....

Yup found a 2018 21000 miles good deal. Thanks for the info
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

That's a big maybe.

I know. But that's the only reason I can wrap my head around for it.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
I’m an native and original plank owner in my area before a group of developers established an no teeth, no bite, HOA.

I told them to jam their paperwork when they tried tell me I needed to sign it. The local attorney - resident was pissed. I still torture that dick bag, whenever I feel boredom setting in upon me.

New home owners sign their agreement, then wonder out loud, why I am doing things that are against the HOA rules ?

It’s always a super fun day for Beave, when I get to tell a new resident, I’m not part of the pay to live here plan.

🦫

PS

Enjoy my burn barrel, mthrfkr’s 🤣
Originally Posted by Jim1611

I do.

That's a big maybe.

I know. But that's the only reason I can wrap my head around for it.

Some are exactly as you described, Gruff.

You got it.......

I'm just north of CR NP

Being dependent sucks.

I gladly pay the Dues.

It is no different than paying outrageous taxes to have the Gooberment take care of the roads for everyone with a vehicle.
I do have a say in how my POA dues are spent.
They appointed me to the board to fill an open seat for a years. So I got a front row seat on watching how our POA was run and how members of our Community treated the Board.
I am dependent but so it everyone that drives our road to the Gooberment.
HOA would probably not approve Renta9ade and Slumlord Tuesday and Friday morning backyard range blowouts at 7am

🤪😩💔

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You got it.......

I'm just north of CR NP

Being dependent sucks.

I gladly pay the Dues.

It is no different than paying outrageous taxes to have the Gooberment take care of the roads for everyone with a vehicle.
They appointed me to the board to fill an open seat for a years. So I got a front row seat on watching how our POA was run and how members of our Community treated the Board.

POAs needs to have the force of law behind them and limited durations of elected office holders.

It’s very easy to allow them to slip into a situation like, say, the NRA is presently in.
Originally Posted by slumlord
HOA would probably not approve Renta9ade and Slumlord Tuesday and Friday morning backyard range blowouts at 7am

🤪😩💔

Beave, be pouring us Bloody Mary’s and cooking eggs and bacon on the outdoor gas griddle while tap,tap,tap,tap was serenading the hood.

👍🏼🦫
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21

I do.

LOL
No.

If fact....the govt pays me to live here.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No.

If fact....the govt pays me to live here.

Rez has its benefits.

😬🦫
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
I was just outside taking a piss and the mosquito sprayer literally just went by.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I was just outside taking a piss and the mosquito sprayer literally just went by.

Doubles as a ball washer? ....That’s Sweet !

Checking Amazon for one right now !

🤣🦫
Who the hell gets up at 7am?
We ain't got no HOA. Don't even have a road agreement.

Apparently the bank doesn't like it. Last few folks that looked to move in got a hard time from the bank about borrowing money for a property on a road with no agreement for maintenance.

I'm sure not in a hurry to get one together.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

We used all ride our bikes behind that truck when we were kids in the trailer park

Like the Gangsta’s Paradise...I see myself in the pistol smoke. 😃
2 decades ago we had a house in a neighborhood. There was an HOA, it was a one time $100 fee when you moved into the neighborhood. I don't know if any board even existed. Of course my neighbors were raided by metro narcotics for running drugs from Florida. Not sure anyone cared about what I did.
Originally Posted by strikeu

About the same here in SW Florida. If you cant buy a huge tract of land to shield your property from redneck heaven next door the skitters will ruin any enjoyment you get out of owning a rural property.

I live in a nice, clean very peaceful , pretty subdivision with a HOA . Behind my place is a large lake and a nice church on the other side. Oak trees and palms everywhere. I never have had a problem. Haven't seen a Subaru around here lately plenty of them small suv vehicles. I drive a Chevy Silverado. Plenty of pickup parked around the block if that helps. This subdivision is full of snowbirds so many of the residents are gone from easter to thanksgiving.

Back where and when I grew up you could buy a nice rural farm property. These days a farm property is out of reach for most people if you can even find one for sale and rural living mostly means a small lot along a rural road next to a unmaintained house with six of the guys last seven ford taurus parked in the front lawn on blocks and weeds growing through the hood.

At my age Im not all that interested in working all week and spending the weekend repairing my property. My living situation affords me the ability to toss my gear in my truck and go on a hunting or fishing trip by just locking the door and turning the water off at the house. Moving somewhere else aint a good option for my career at my age. I plan to take more trips even than I do now over the next decade and I don't want to be worrying about my property or animals when Im gone. Im single and likely to remain that way so theres no one back home keeping things going when I am gone.
My lifestyle and living in suburbia dont work for everyone but I enjoy it greatly.

I find many people that run into trouble with the hoa are those that didn't take the time to read the docs before they bought and those folks that try and use the property in an inappropriate way. If you have a lot of toys the way I live aint for you. I rent a warehouse for cheap in Alabama near where I hunt and keep my atvs and a lot of hunting gear up there. I lock the doors and come and go as I please.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
I feel like I live in HOA now thanks to the government, don't we all? They tell me where I can't dig, when I can or can't burn, heck they even told me where I had to dump my sheit. We have no building codes yet, just a septic tank and drain line inspection. The he'll with living with a bunch of people and abiding by more rules.
Originally Posted by OldHat
No matter how good your HOA may seem at any given moment, you are a deed change or two away from misery. Karens are lurking everywhere.

This ^^^^^.

And Kens.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21

paying taxes so the county or state can maintain roads so people can accesses their property.....is no different than paying into a hoa to maintain roads in a rural area....but some people like and try to feel superior to others....bob

good deal.....

Yup found a 2018 21000 miles good deal. Thanks for the info

21K miles ? Ain't even broke in.....

Iffin U change your own oil....the cartidge canister is a PIA......

Bell Lexus in AZ for OEM parts when ya need 'em....

https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/Lexus_2011_GX-460-46L-AT/Maintenance.html
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21

I do.

LOL

His “partner” beats tha schidt outta Toot if he pees in the house. He cannot hit the toilet anymore without a funnel.
When we first married, we paid $200/month to one.
They maintained the paved road, paid for trash pickup, had
the sewer/water system......
100+ trailers in that one.

Was definitely different to a young guy used to burning the garbage, and dumping the food scraps out by the crick. Sure wasn't shooting in the back yard anymore.

Then one day BANG, BANG, BANG!
The old bitch that ran the place was on the porch.
When I opened the door, she stuck a piece of paper in my face,
And walked away!

WTF!

She had decided my oil barrel needs painted.
Why the heck didn't she just tell me?

Wait a minute! I have 30 days to comply, or be evicted!
WTF!*&%$#@!!*(>_=÷-!!!!!!

The cocksukers are threatening to evict me. And they never even
bothered to just say, "Your oil barrel has some rust, might want to paint it".

Came around again when the inspection sticker and registration on a car
expired. Again, the Gestapo Knock, a threat to evict shoved in my face.

As soon as we could, we GTFO!

And before we agree to buy this hovel in a fancy development,
The first thing I made sure of was NO HOA!

A road maintenance agreement, a deal for a dumpster at the end of
the road? That would be fine.
But Ive got the Fed's, The state police,
Possum cops, dog cops, county commisionser, township supervisors.....
all wanting to screw with you. I sure as hell ain't giving a couple rich old
bastards, with nothing better to do than mow and deadhead flowers, the power to determine the color of my new roof, how I mow the grass, whether I
spray my yard, kind of dog......F' NO!

And if you think others have a right to tell me that stuff,
please don't move here.

And IDGAF if you think your state is better than this one, hell, I might agree.

But I'd rather live free, in a travel trailer in the woods in Northern Ca, than
l under a totalitarian HOA in Missoula.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

I do.

LOL

His “partner” beats tha schidt outta Toot if he pees in the house. He cannot hit the toilet anymore without a funnel.

You have me confused with your q uee r drunkard buddies, Flave.

Heh!

Make Mr. Mom clean it up.

Laffin.
Originally Posted by BobMt

paying taxes so the county or state can maintain roads so people can accesses their property.....is no different than paying into a hoa to maintain roads in a rural area....but some people like and try to feel superior to others....bob

You make it sound like it's either/or.

You are also paying the county and state.
And the HOA.
Another layer of fees/regulation, dependency.

As a youngster, we had 3/4 mile of dirt road to our 1/2 mile
dirt driveway. On the Allegheny Plateau.

It showed!

Dad took care of our road.
And in bad storms, the township road too, even beyond our driveway.
The neighbors needed open roads.

One doesn't NEED an HOA.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Never have to date, but who knows where the future takes us....
Posted By: Windfall Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Nope, the wife pays them. That's her place down south, but she takes me along for the winter.
Several members here let members live rent free in their heads. Get a life . Go for a walk. Give your dog a good bath . Go buy local goods. If that doesn’t work , google life coach

You got it.......

I'm just north of CR NP

Being dependent sucks.

I gladly pay the Dues.

POAs needs to have the force of law behind them and limited durations of elected office holders.

It’s very easy to allow them to slip into a situation like, say, the NRA is presently in.

I agree 100%
We had a Bunch of Control Freaks running our Board of directors.
They told me that I could not work on my own property and that I could only Hire whom they told me to hire to do the work I wanted done.
That did not set well with me so I started fighting them out in front of the masses (Verbally).
There were other members of our Community that felt the same way I did but were intimidated into submission .
Long story short.
The good guys looking out for the entire Community took the board over and that is when they appointed me onto the Board to shove it up the hind ends of those control freaks.
Half way threw my term on the board the control freaks took back the board majority.
It was game on I sat on the Board and seen everything that was going on and I informed everyone in our Community what was going on when I legally could do so.
The next go around with the voting the god guys took back control.
Our Ex control freak President Sold his property with out notifying the Board that he was part of.
The BEOTCH that told me that I could not work my property (a realtor) purchased a sq mile of State Trust Property and started her own Commune our Ex control freak president purchased property in that commune one other board member purchased one of her lots as well.
Several Control Freaks in our community have moved out leaving the other control freaks with no backing and support so they have stopped for the time being with their crap.
We just had an election and it went the way of the good guys.

When you have a fighting chance to take control over from the control freaks you need to fight with everything you have.

Unfortunately Commyfornia is lost and we will never be able to get control back short of blood shed.
Time for me to leave and get to Arizona as soon as I can.
When I get there I may just run for a board position when it is time just to show the control freaks that I am still around and fighting for the freedoms of our Community.

At times the area that my property is in is the Wild Wild West. I have been warned many times Even from members on the Fire in Pm's. You can never stop fighting the control freaks and our POA Board gives us a more legal way of fighting the local Nazi's types. With out our POA Board it would be every man , women and child for them selves against the controllers.

I had a lot of quiet support in our Community for standing up for our American Freedoms.
I've paid an HOA, but I don't drive a Subaru. I drive a Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack.
Originally Posted by BayouRover
I've paid an HOA, but I don't drive a Subaru. I drive a Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack.

In other words....a beige Camry.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
When we first married, we paid $200/month to one.
They maintained the paved road, paid for trash pickup, had
the sewer/water system......
100+ trailers in that one.

Was definitely different to a young guy used to burning the garbage, and dumping the food scraps out by the crick. Sure wasn't shooting in the back yard anymore.

Then one day BANG, BANG, BANG!
The old bitch that ran the place was on the porch.
When I opened the door, she stuck a piece of paper in my face,
And walked away!

WTF!

She had decided my oil barrel needs painted.
Why the heck didn't she just tell me?

Wait a minute! I have 30 days to comply, or be evicted!
WTF!*&%$#@!!*(>_=÷-!!!!!!

The cocksukers are threatening to evict me. And they never even
bothered to just say, "Your oil barrel has some rust, might want to paint it".

Came around again when the inspection sticker and registration on a car
expired. Again, the Gestapo Knock, a threat to evict shoved in my face.

As soon as we could, we GTFO!

And before we agree to buy this hovel in a fancy development,
The first thing I made sure of was NO HOA!

A road maintenance agreement, a deal for a dumpster at the end of
the road? That would be fine.
But Ive got the Fed's, The state police,
Possum cops, dog cops, county commisionser, township supervisors.....
all wanting to screw with you. I sure as hell ain't giving a couple rich old
bastards, with nothing better to do than mow and deadhead flowers, the power to determine the color of my new roof, how I mow the grass, whether I
spray my yard, kind of dog......F' NO!

And if you think others have a right to tell me that stuff,
please don't move here.

And IDGAF if you think your state is better than this one, hell, I might agree.

But I'd rather live free, in a travel trailer in the woods in Northern Ca, than
l under a totalitarian HOA in Missoula.

So there........ laugh

In other words....a beige Camry.

Don't confuse it with your late model Woody chariot.
Do you sometimes manually shift your Camry and make vroom vroom noises at the lights?
Nope. If HOAs were ever in the picture, it means my neighbors would be too fuggin close.
Do you sometimes manually shift your Camry and make vroom vroom noises at the lights?

I thought that was you in your Woody chariot trying to get a VW Bug to race you in the "city" near you, You da' man, Jimmy........

I thought that was you in your Woody chariot trying to get a VW Bug to race you in the "city" near you, You da' man, Jimmy........

You should put gold spinners on it.
i have an 85 Crown Vic station wagon I should get going.

Its a nice light tan.

You should put gold spinners on it.

Like the ones you've ordered for the Woody?
I dont know if they come in a 14 inch.

I should get some white walls.
i have an 85 Crown Vic station wagon I should get going.

Its a nice light tan.

LOL.... Like I said earlier, you da' man. Get the droopy headliner fixed. It could be bad juju if it fell down over your face at 30 mph in the "city" in front of the General Mercantile.

My Challenger is metallic grey. And it goes.........
Yeah...I hear the Camry is snappy...and reliable.
Here are the specs on my Camry. Mine has the 8-speed auto. It's snappy. Will it hold with your Woody at the "city" stop light? After you get the head liner repaired so you can "go fast"?

2021 R/T Scat Pack

Boosts the Challenger's performance with:

6.4-liter V8 engine (485 hp, 475 lb-ft)
Eight-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission
Launch control
Brembo performance brake system
High-performance suspension
Xenon headlights
Heated steering wheel and heated front seats
Uconnect 4C infotainment system with 8.4-inch touchscreen
Premium six-speaker audio system
Configurable drive modes
Scat Pack-specific exterior styling details
20" Wheels/Tires
I do pay. Live in an unincorporated village and pay a fee to it every month. That is used to pay the local town for police and fire protection; much quicker response than waiting for the sheriff. Also covers all maintenance that a town offers.

In addition I pay a fee to my subdivision. Takes care of lawn as well as snow removal. Repave all access roads every nine or so years and seal coat every third year. Power wash the houses every third year. Lots of preventive maintenance. No azzholes on the board; good, sensible people.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Not a home owner's association per se, but a water district that supplies water to the gated community our cabin resides. Annual fee mimics your property tax each year. In return the district supplies water to all lake cabins and hydrants, gate security, mows the common areas, rakes the beaches, garbage pickup, and monitors lake levels at the dam. No over the top regulations, but rules regarding cabin minimum size and what you can build on your lot. Can't park a 5th wheel and live out of it long term.

I like it, Keeps the riff raff out.

Last fall 60-70 percent of the lake cabins burned to the ground in a forest fire. The board of the water district is understandably overwhelmed right now.
I came to understand the reason HOA's/POA's are almost ubiquitous in housing developments built in the last 25-30 years or anywhere but old neighborhoods and custom home sites. It's simple. The developer has a fuduciary duty to the investors to form an HOA to protect the value of the development until the last house is sold. Sometimes there are common property areas, so called "greenbelts," that are required by the town, city, or county planning commission to issue the development permit and those areas must be maintained in perpetuity. Sometimes there's more elaborate club houses and pools and so on. Even if there isn't any common property at all, the developer is going to put up an HOA. Imagine if they're building 900 houses in three phases. They build the first 300 and sell them. They start to build the next 300, but already there's cars on blocks, major appliances in the front yard, dead lawns, and the streets are clogged with RV's with their sewer hoses dumping into the storm drains. That would make it hard to get the prices the investors were expecting.

I'm not defending HOA's, just explaining why they're nearly ubiquitous in any contemporary development. A person can escape the communism of HOA's by buying a 50 year old home and remodeling it or building a custom home on an undeveloped lot, but it comes at a cost of time and money. I don't know what else to recommend. Can a homeowner's bill of rights stop evil HOA's from the most egregious harrassment?
Here are the specs on my Camry. Mine has the 8-speed auto. It's snappy. Will it hold with your Woody at the "city" stop light? After you get the head liner repaired so you can "go fast"?

2021 R/T Scat Pack

Launch control
Xenon headlights
Configurable drive modes
20" Wheels/Tires

My Ferrari Daytona is much cooler than that.

2021 R/T Scat Pack

Launch control
Xenon headlights
Configurable drive modes
20" Wheels/Tires

That’s a bad ass car.

2021 R/T Scat Pack

Launch control
Xenon headlights
Configurable drive modes
20" Wheels/Tires

Is that what you drive when the Crown Vic won't start? And is the head liner loose in it too? Or is that just an older model un-garaged FOMO thing?
Posted By: rainshot Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
No but I did get turned in to the police in Abilene Texas by a couple of old folks that lived in a trailer park back of the house we bought because we had barking dogs. Our dogs barked at their dogs but it didn't matter to the judge. Got arrested, fined $25, the bail money, and had to get rid of the dogs. That was in 1978 I think.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21
Our place in new Mexico has a LAO - and who would care?

Posted By: Valsdad Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/24/21

[quote I drive a RAM 3500 Dually and a F-250 w the 7.3.

hell ya !!
[/quote]
Yes, but can he park them on the street, or in the driveway but not in the garage, and can you work on them out front? Wash them in public view?

Except the county doesn't tell me what kind of roof I have to put on my house when this one needs replaced, or that I can't have the dumpster out front of the shed so the truck can pick it up once a month or so, or where I can put my chicken Gulag, or that I can't have El Feo the Gorgeous rooster out there fertilizing eggs like nature intended, or that I can't park my tractor where the neighbots can see it from the road.............and so on and so on.

I'd rather pay our county and have the snowplow come out when needed and not have them in a whole lot of the rest of our business.
Valsdad,

You do have me thinking.....
Got a new roof going on in a couple weeks.
Pretty sure I don't need a permit, but with the new(er) state codes
That were passed 10 years ago, or so?
Maybe? Inspection?

Guess I'll find out.

Anything will be better than the one that wants to leak.
Anyone thinking of buying their dream home in an area with a HOA or such might want to read this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Association-Bentley-Little/dp/1587674645

2021 R/T Scat Pack

Launch control
Xenon headlights
Configurable drive modes
20" Wheels/Tires

Is that what you drive when the Crown Vic won't start? And is the head liner loose in it too? Or is that just an older model un-garaged FOMO thing?

No, I drive it all the time....I just lost all my pictures of it....
Valsdad,

Maybe? Inspection?

Guess I'll find out.

Permits are a bit different in most cases than an Association telling you that ONLY sculptured asphalt shingles are allowed. Or ONLY Red Spanish roofing tiles, you can't replace them with metal even if it's better and longer lasting.

Most times the permits are just to make sure your roof is "up to code" and Juan the roofer doesn't us 1/8" sheeting under the tar paper he had Manuel pull up from another job to use on yours because he can make more money that way.

2021 R/T Scat Pack

Launch control
Xenon headlights
Configurable drive modes
20" Wheels/Tires

No, I drive it all the time....I just lost all my pictures of it....

You know that one time at camp, you grabbed all balls?

My other "car" is a 2018 GMC 4 wheel drive pick-em-up truck. It gets parked in an implement building (both securely locked in today's political climate) when I'm not down country where it resides. The truck has a kill switch and the hired man knows how to handle a gun, just in case things were to get real dicey. Otherwise the GMC is parked in front of the house when i'm there. The Challenger gets me there and back.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Valsdad,

Maybe? Inspection?

Guess I'll find out.

Permits are a bit different in most cases than an Association telling you that ONLY sculptured asphalt shingles are allowed. Or ONLY Red Spanish roofing tiles, you can't replace them with metal even if it's better and longer lasting.

Most times the permits are just to make sure your roof is "up to code" and Juan the roofer doesn't us 1/8" sheeting under the tar paper he had Manuel pull up from another job to use on yours because he can make more money that way.

Wasn't thinking of them approving or any of that.
Just popped in my mind that in some places these jobs need permits.
Used to be, here, replacing things was ok.
Not sure now.
Friends with one of our Twp Supervisors.
If he ends up on the porch, either I'm in trouble, or,
He is up for re-election and wants to put a sign in my yard again.

It'll be ok!

Except the county doesn't tell me what kind of roof I have to put on my house when this one needs replaced, or that I can't have the dumpster out front of the shed so the truck can pick it up once a month or so, or where I can put my chicken Gulag, or that I can't have El Feo the Gorgeous rooster out there fertilizing eggs like nature intended, or that I can't park my tractor where the neighbots can see it from the road.............and so on and so on.

I'd rather pay our county and have the snowplow come out when needed and not have them in a whole lot of the rest of our business.

Exactly. If you live in an HOA, that doesn't mean you don't pay taxes for road maintenance lol.

I get it, there are some places it's impossible to buy a piece of ground without it being in one. And some HOA's are very limited in scope and that could make a property really attractive. Especially if it keeps out the whiskey tangos and whatnot. But outside of really wanting to live in a certain area that had no other options I would have a really hard time swallowing my pride and bowing my head. I value my free time, and if I'm paying the note and taxes on a place I'll paint it whatever fugking color I want.

I have buddies that have very benign HOA's, and I have more buddies that have had serious issues with theirs. If I were rich and lazy as fugk, I would maybe like the security of it. Hell, hire a security team and put a fence around that bitch. Then I can lay my head down at night in peace and tranquility. As long as my pillow and comforter match the prescribed design pattern. And sleep when I'm allowed to, so long as I don't snore louder than is delineated in the by-laws. Do the elected HOA board member really get to choose which random wife to fugk or is that only in the Mormon HOA's?
I’m just glad there is an A at the end of the question.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I’m just glad there is an A at the end of the question.

Might not have as many affirmative answers lol
Posted By: BobMt Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21

I was talking about roads.....you are talking about different things.....you have got to watch out buying without some covenants and buying with to much covenants....bob

I was talking about roads.....you are talking about different things.....you have got to watch out buying without some covenants and buying with to much covenants....bob

Do HOA's typically pave and maintain the roads inside their boundaries? Seems that'd be a big ass subdivision or some really steep dues. Sounds more like a gated community. The HOA's I'm familiar with exist in neighborhoods with city/county streets roads.
The asshat that subdivided my neighborhood has one going down the hill.
Twp supervisors cut a deal to pave and take over our road if it was prepared to
state specs for the paving. So the residents did, and it's paved.

New supervisors, no more tasking over any road not currently paved and up to specs.

This jerk develops 20+ acres.
First he promises to pave after he sells a few lots.
Then, he claims that if enough get sold, the Twp will take over, like they did for us.

Now that it's pretty much full, he just ain't saying anything.

And these folk have built $400k homes on dirt roads.
They don't speak real well about him!

All told, I'm guessing a mile of road. 20' wide. Excavated, compacted stone,
base and top coat to spec, a bunch of money. No HOA to decide on the split and to force anyone to pay up. It aint never gonna happen.

A few will split the cost and get crushed stone hauled in. Of course the ones that don't pay drive over it like it's Daytona. Two weeks and it's blown into the grass.

I'd be nuts if I was them.
A dirt road is ok for me. A price for being remote.
But on an acre, with neighbors in my yard?
They should've stayed urban where they belong.

Urban sprawl is destroying the country.
Posted By: krp Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21
I used to dove and rabbit hunt where I live now.

Kent
Posted By: ENorton Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21
Ours is $20 per year, goes to pay for cocktails at the meeting once per year.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Aren’t you supposed to be dead by now, or at least shît out a pile of worms ?

😜🦫
Posted By: irfubar Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😜🦫

Fugg me Beav.... a little compassion for crying out loud...... I did laugh my azz of though... schittin a pile of worms is solid gold..... smile
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😜🦫

Fugg me Beav.... a little compassion for crying out loud...... I did laugh my azz of though... schittin a pile of worms is solid gold..... smile

My filter hasn’t been working lately...Feeling like a Tourette’s patient.

Poor Beav

🦫
Posted By: irfubar Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😜🦫

My filter hasn’t been working lately...Feeling like a Tourette’s patient.

Poor Beav

🦫

LMAO..... you glorious bastard... carry on smile
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21

Yeah, if roads were the only issue and there were "good neighbors" on the road being maintained I'd have no issue with a fee to maintain it.

The problem, in the experience of some friends with those type agreements, some folks are deadbeats and still use the road. And if it gets rutted they just drive around the ruts and make new ones outside the boundaries of the road.

My apologies, but the title of the thread relates to HOAs, of which many contain a good portion, and sometimes more, of the restrictions of which I posted. I personally have never run across one titled "HOA" that ONLY deals with a road.

If you live in an area that has a HOA that only concerns itself with your access roads, you're a lucky man.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😜🦫

sunofabish.

Well, Kent did go to Mexico, so the pile of worms is not completely out of the realm, eh?
Posted By: EdM Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21

Do HOA's typically pave and maintain the roads inside their boundaries? Seems that'd be a big ass subdivision or some really steep dues. Sounds more like a gated community. The HOA's I'm familiar with exist in neighborhoods with city/county streets roads.

Mine does with 150'ish homes on what was a 1,300 acre ranch with two sides on the Guadalupe River. We pay $500/yr that covers the roads and maintenance of two parks, one where you drop the kayak and one where you pull it hours later. Hunting is restricted to bows/crossbows only. Single and double wides are not allowed... Here in Idaho, well, no.

Posted By: deflave Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21

Gated communities are HOAs you fugking hillbilly.

And yes, some of them maintain their own streets.
Posted By: krp Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😜🦫

There I was, on the wrong side of the border, running the cartel gauntlet, just trying to survive... me and my trusty mexican tapeworm Chapito... but the real danger we brought with us...

Trailer for season 1 coming soon...

Kent
Posted By: ldholton Re: Have U ever paid an HOA ? - 07/25/21
Nope , natta , never..
But being in the excavation business and digging lots of new houses in such developments , I can sure tell you about a lot if dick heads that think they run thd world.
Every sub-division around me lake front property is HOA except mine....been living here for 30 years been trying to make everyone join its not going to happen as long as I live hear ...to change they would need 100% of home owner would need to join.....they have a HOA its only a name and try to force people that move into the area to join by having the selling agent give them the paperwork to sign.....most people that live in the area do so for less than 5 years or when ever the economy makes a turn and they sell and get out....
I live in an area with a couple dozen acreages that are in an HOA - except ours. We're on an outside corner of it all. Somehow when it was platted 30 years ago, our place wasn't included, probably because it was a hay field at the time. Oh, shucks, I don't get to me a member. I'll live with that.
Tikkanut: No.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Nope.
I’ve got my 5 acres, can’t see my nearest neighbor, pistol range out back along with my rifle velocity tester, big garden, pee wherever I want slice of heaven. Most years I hear elk bugling on the hill behind my house, grey foxes and the occasional bobcat chasing the squirrels.
© 24hourcampfire