Home
Posted By: J4Me Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
I don't know anything about boat prices and dealers typically don't list prices on the 'net. So, was hoping you guys could help me out. Boat described below is offered locally by a private owner. It looks like brand new. Asking price is $10K. Good deal? Thanks.

2018 Mirrocraft Outfitter, F145T-O, 14.5 ft deep v aluminum fishing boat, 2018 matching trailer with folding tongue, 2018 Suzuki four-stroke outboard, 20 horsepower electric start electric tilt, two swivel seats. All in excellent like new condition, maybe 20 hours on the whole setup.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
Check it out here....

https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2018/Mirrocraft-Northport-Inc
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
I wouldn’t pay $10,000 for a 14.5 foot boat with 20 hp motor
Posted By: RAS Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
I got a 14.5 foot Lund and trailer with a 30hp Mercury with power tilt with same hours for about same money but it also had a Minn Kota front trolling motor and a Hummingbird Helix 7 with Lakemaster chip, live well, bilge and three Lund seats.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
I'd say you're good at 10k but I'd never buy a used outboard without running a compression test no matter how few of hours are claimed to be on it.
You can pick up a compression tester for around 30 bucks at most any auto parts store.
A quick internet search will reveal what the compression should be on that particular motor.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
I have the same rig with a 30HP.They are one hell of a boat.
Posted By: pal Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
I'd be concerned that it is way underpowered.
With a moderate load it should run 20 mph (+/-)

Is he planing on fishing or racing?
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
With a 20?

My sixteen foot Lund w/ Merc 18 would not break 14 MPH with one person in it. 10 to 12 MPH with a couple other people, tackle boxes, and cooler full of water/sodas for the kids.

I know nothing about the boat in question. I do know new 20 hp outboards of name brand with power tilt and elecrtric start are north of $3500 online, if you can find one.
Posted By: Tedo Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
I have a 18' Lund Alaskan w/ 50 HP Tohatsu, Hummingbird Helix 7, a Big Jon downrigger and a bunch of misc for sale at $6900. Kinda like real estate, location, location, location and whats on the market.
Posted By: ribka Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
Originally Posted by pal
I'd be concerned that it is way underpowered.

x2.
I have a 15.6 welded Alumacraft tunnel hull with a 20hp Honda on it that runs a solid 21mph with me in it.
Toss in a second person and it drops to 16/17 mph according to my GPS.

I weigh it at 150 pounds, I'd suppose if your 285 pounds and need a 100 pounds of gear to go fishing it'd make a difference.

A test drive with your GPS in your pocket would tell all.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: J4Me Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
NADA says low retail is $9000...average retail is 10,000. I'm currently running a motorized kayak that tops out at three and a half miles an hour so if I could triple or quadruple that I think I'd be happy. I fish lakes that are a thousand acres maximum...most are quite a bit smaller. Thanks for the advice.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
That may be just right for you then
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
Originally Posted by J4Me
NADA says low retail is $9000...average retail is 10,000. I'm currently running a motorized kayak that tops out at three and a half miles an hour so if I could triple or quadruple that I think I'd be happy. I fish lakes that are a thousand acres maximum...most are quite a bit smaller. Thanks for the advice.

The boat sounds well suited to your use.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
Sounds like it will work for your needs and a fair price if it's pristine. I second checking compression on the motor. Go over it with a fine tooth comb, check the oil and run it on the water would be my advice. Sounds like you were already sold on it before you asked
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
I don't think it is a steal but not a huge rip off either.
The way boat and motor deliveries are way behind it is a seller's market right now.
If it is what you really want I say go for it.
Suzuki is a great motor. Fuel injected 4 stroke. 20 hrs is barely broken in.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Boat - Price check - 07/24/21
I don’t know anything about the price but looking at the hull style and having the same motor I think it would be a good setup for fishing smaller lakes. I have a 20hp Suzuki on a 15’6” Gregor skiff and it’ll run 20mph with two adults and tackle onboard.

If you don’t mind a road trip you might look into the poster above’s Lund. Some nice accessories with it for less money. More boat too if you think you might need it.
© 24hourcampfire