Home
Bore sighted it and will Finish sighting it in when I get to the ranch in Matagorda this afternoon.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
well that's not a lot of info. lol What cartridge?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
well that's not a lot of info. lol What cartridge?

Gotta be a Creedmoor! laugh
Lol 6.5 gaymore the only cal. they had, but at 319 I had to buy it.
You didn't shoot the neighbors doorknob off, did you?😀
That’s a good deal.

I ended up with a pair of em.

Both shoot pretty dang good, one wears a thermal and is our backporch hog rifle.
You can’t go wrong with them .
I don’t have a 6.5 , but my nephew does and it shoots very well and he kills the hell out of deer with it .
Kenneth
Originally Posted by bruinruin

No, but I have used for yrs to bore sight my rifles.
Already had the new 2.5x8 Leupold and warne rings.
That's a good buy. Congrats. They are a slick looking rig.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by bruinruin

No, but I have used for yrs to bore sight my rifles.

I saw your post about it. That's why I had to ask.
Good buy, I’ve shot a dozen or so pigs with my Crudmoor rifles. Easy on the shoulder, kills well, accurate. I like mine, a pair of savages. I had a Vanguard, granddaughter liked it, can’t say no to the princess. I load 120 Barnes.
Good buy, they are a little crude but dead nuts accurate and pretty reliable. Great truck gun.

mike r
You'll like it but I understand if you won't admit it. 130 gr VLD's are good, 120 Scenar's are great and H4350 is hard to beat.
Thumbs up Rog.

Did they have ammo?
Great deal Roger!
Mines very accurate with the Hornady Precision Hunter 143 gr Factory Load
And the Winchester Factory 129 gr Power Point Load.
Is the 6.5 Crudmore the millennial version of the .270? It sure takes a lot of schidt here.
Originally Posted by Achigan1
That’s a good deal.

I ended up with a pair of em.

Both shoot pretty dang good, one wears a thermal and is our backporch hog rifle.

Tell me about your thermal, if you would.
Magpul stock eventually?
Saw a similar deal at academy sports yesterday
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Good buy, they are a little crude but dead nuts accurate and pretty reliable. Great truck gun.

mike r

+1 And my sample size is >2
319 is a great price I think. The ranch model 7.62x39 is 599 at sportsman’s warehouse.

I’d like one in 6.5 Grendel or the short Russian.
the limited run of 358 WINs they made are priced outrageous on GB
SOB, Rog came out the closet.
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Saw a similar deal at academy sports yesterday

That's where I got it.
I've been using one in 30-06 for a few years. It's very accurate for a low priced gun. I've only had 2 complaints. One is the lack of a bolt lock. The other is the useless mags they send with them. They sent me 3 replacements before I got one that would reliably feed the rounds to the top. The rest hang up down inside.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]quick image upload
It is always like christmas when ya get a new gun!!!

A good feeling inside.👍👍👍
I bought a .308 when they first came out some years back. It kills deer pretty good. Factory stock, factory ammo, Redfield scope. Paid $259 out the door at BassPro in Birmingham.
http://nodakspud.com/

I don’t know much about this company, but they have an interesting way to mount sights. Just throwing it out there.
Picked up one new in .270 last summer for $227 out the door. When Doug finally got Burris FF II 3-9x40’s in stock recently I ordered a couple and mounted one up in Leupold DD’s. For a budget set up I like it, still haven’t shot it yet though.
Rock Chuck;

I had the same problems with the mag on my Ruger American 5.56.

It wouldn't feed the last round.

Someone posted instructions on Campfire for the fix;

You open the feed lips of the mag with a needle file, just a "hair" at a time 'till you mag feeds the last round.

Worked GREAT for me! My mag feed 100% now!

Virgil B.
Roger,

That stock WILL flex! When you sight it in, move your front rest closer to the action or you will get flyers that will drive you nuts. I own two RAR Predators and had the same issue with both.

One I put in a Boyd's laminate stock, the other I glass bedded the action & barrel out to the beginning of the barrel taper. Both are sub-MOA capable rifles.

Ed
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Roger,

That stock WILL flex! When you sight it in, move your front rest closer to the action or you will get flyers that will drive you nuts. I own two RAR Predators and had the same issue with both.

One I put in a Boyd's laminate stock, the other I glass bedded the action & barrel out to the beginning of the barrel taper. Both are sub-MOA capable rifles.

Ed

Thanks, Ed, I plan on swapping out the stock and getting the mag conversion.
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Roger,

Ed

Yep. I just had mine bedded. 1/2” Gun all day long.

have one in 300 BLK

only thing better now is they use AR mags

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Jericho
the limited run of 358 WINs they made are priced outrageous on GB

Bought mine early $399. Great little rifles. Have a Leupold ultralight 2.5 on it. Right at 7lbs.
© 24hourcampfire