Home
Posted By: Hubert new to me Shotgun - 07/28/21
I bought a western arms Ithaca long range 16 ga double shotgun,,, It has very little wear on it , and 30 in full choked barrels (both barrels are full) the seller included a full box of ammo.. when I got home I noticed the box of ammo is for 2 9/16 chamber and cost $1.70 new the gun I bought has 2 3/4 chambers I don't need the short ammo... I also don't know if ammo that old would be safe to shoot... I will sell the ammo to anyone that wants it for $120.00 shipped ..it is western ammo #5 shot and is a full box of 25 shells... what say you all....
Posted By: Heym06 Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/28/21
Well at that price you will end up shooting those 25 shells. I don't think there is anyone that would pay tbat price for shotgun shells of any type! Good luck!
Posted By: kenacp Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/28/21
A full box----Case?
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/28/21
Originally Posted by Hubert
I bought a western arms Ithaca long range 16 ga double shotgun,,, It has very little wear on it , and 30 in full choked barrels (both barrels are full) the seller included a full box of ammo.. when I got home I noticed the box of ammo is for 2 9/16 chamber and cost $1.70 new the gun I bought has 2 3/4 chambers I don't need the short ammo... I also don't know if ammo that old would be safe to shoot... I will sell the ammo to anyone that wants it for $120.00 shipped ..it is western ammo #5 shot and is a full box of 25 shells... what say you all....

Sounds like a bargain.
You'll need the full length ammo for "long range", reach out and touch something .
😉
Posted By: Hubert Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Originally Posted by Heym06
Well at that price you will end up shooting those 25 shells. I don't think there is anyone that would pay tbat price for shotgun shells of any type! Good luck!

you are wrong on that. there are people that would fight over them.. what do you think 25 shotgun slugs costs.. remember they come in boxes of 5 now,,
Posted By: local_dirt Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Zero to me. I've got drawers full of them.
Posted By: MAC Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Originally Posted by Heym06

you are wrong on that. there are people that would fight over them.. what do you think 25 shotgun slugs costs.. remember they come in boxes of 5 now,,

I bought Federal 12 Ga slugs for $6.99 a 5pk less than a month ago. So 5 boxes at $6.99 a box would be $34.95 for 25 shells. Just sayin...
Posted By: Mike_S Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
The box is probably worth more than the ammo. Not $120 worth.
Posted By: slumlord Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Have we misplaced a decimal?
where are you going to buy 16 ga 2 9/16 shells #5 shot at any price??? we are not talking 12 ga 2 3/4 0r 3 in shells..
Posted By: NVhntr Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Your OP says the shells are #5 shot.
Your follow up post says they are slugs.
Then your last they are back to #5 shot.
I'd say these are some pretty special shells that can change back and forth like that and $120 seems like too good of a deal.

#wordsmatter

Posted By: oldtrapper Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
If those shells are worth that much, all my 13 grandkids are going to college on my collection.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I'd say these are some pretty special shells that can change back and forth like that and $120 seems like too good of a deal.

#wordsmatter

If you re read all the posts someone else was talking about buying boxes of slugs for 6.99 not me..
I’d take that 16 gauge shotgun and shells to a pawn shop and use the money to buy a 24 pack of keystone, ice, some night crawlers, and $3 worth of gas

laugh
Posted By: Mike_S Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Originally Posted by NVhntr

#wordsmatter

He was worried the shells are unsafe. Good reason to sell them I guess.
Posted By: TheKid Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
My dad bought about a case of paper 2 9/16 16ga shells for $5 at an estate sale a couple years ago, some loose and about 5 boxes in the boxes. We shot the fugg out of the doves with them in my pair of M37s.
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Take the shells to the big gunshow at the fairgrounds in Lebanon Tn. this weekend , One of the biggest of the year .
Posted By: NVhntr Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Take the shells to the big gunshow at the fairgrounds in Lebanon Tn. this weekend , One of the biggest of the year .

Yeah, you can be one of those old farts with the overpriced ammo that everyone passes by.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Was thinking of going to the lebanon show.
Look for the elusive🥴🥴🥴 marlin xs7 .308 accutrigger north haven once again..........
Maybe some AK stuff like a decent sling.

And for the entertainment......
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Well they cost.me about $5 a box cause I load my own. Yes I'm talking 2 9/16" 16 ga
No real trick to it just your gray matter. Mb
Posted By: 280Rem1 Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
To heck with the shells, let's see the gun!
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’d take that 16 gauge shotgun and shells to a pawn shop and use the money to buy a 24 pack of keystone, ice, some night crawlers, and $3 worth of gas

laugh

yea, but we all know what a dumb azz you are.
Originally Posted by TheKid
My dad bought about a case of paper 2 9/16 16ga shells for $5 at an estate sale a couple years ago, some loose and about 5 boxes in the boxes. We shot the fugg out of the doves with them in my pair of M37s.

What you can buy at any kind of sale has nothing to do with what price or availability of ammo at this time. so what is your point/ is it that the shells are ok to shoot?
Posted By: deflave Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Can I suggest a thread title change?

"Potentially Dangerous Shells in Obscure Chambering and Dimension for Your Meemaw's Shottygun That Might be #5's but Could be Slugs for $125."

If you re read all the posts someone else was talking about buying boxes of slugs for 6.99 not me..

Hey Moron my post on buying slugs at that price was in response to a question YOU asked. Go back and see where YOU posted this:

what do you think 25 shotgun slugs costs.. remember they come in boxes of 5 now,,

I simply told you what I recently paid for 5 packs of slugs. Now my question to you is: Were you born an idiot or did you have to work your way up to it?

Posted By: Rooster7 Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Originally Posted by MAC

Hey Moron my post on buying slugs at that price was in response to a question YOU asked. Go back and see where YOU posted this:

what do you think 25 shotgun slugs costs.. remember they come in boxes of 5 now,,

I simply told you what I recently paid for 5 packs of slugs. Now my question to you is: Were you born an idiot or did you have to work your way up to it?

I believe what Hubert was referring to is sabot shotgun slugs are running around $15.00 for a box of 5 and he feels that his #5's are hens teeth so therefore the price.

I could be wrong.

laugh

yea, but we all know what a dumb azz you are.

Shove em up your ass and tickle your malignant prostate with em.

Sit and spin
Posted By: Slavek Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
where are you going to buy 16 ga 2 9/16 shells #5 shot at any price??? we are not talking 12 ga 2 3/4 0r 3 in shells..

RST Ltd. which caters to people who shoot old classic shotguns with soft-soldered barrels, some with damascus or twist metal barrels. These people require special low pressure shells for guns that have chambers <70mm. They are probably low on stock because panic buyers buy anything they find.
Posted By: rem141r Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
not to bust your balls hubert, but a quick search on sold items on gunbroker shows $31 for same thing. there are quite a few others asking 120 bucks but no sales.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/901516901
Posted By: renegade50 Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
JLT...
SMH.....
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
Originally Posted by rem141r
not to bust your balls hubert, but a quick search on sold items on gunbroker shows $31 for same thing. there are quite a few others asking 120 bucks but no sales.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/901516901

Reality colliding with fantasy does have a way of showing what is and isn’t fact.

🦫
Posted By: clwg97 Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/29/21
This is why I am here. These posts are so entertaining. The guy asks for feedback, gets it, then gets mad because it doesn't validate what he thinks. I say shoot it in your gun and hope for the best. Probably would have blown up in your face less.
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by MAC

I believe what Hubert was referring to is sabot shotgun slugs are running around $15.00 for a box of 5 and he feels that his #5's are hens teeth so therefore the price.

I could be wrong.

That is an assumption on your part since the man didn't say sabot slugs. He said slugs. But even if sabot slugs are $15 a 5 pack then 25 rounds would be $75 which is still $50 less than this "genius" thinks his shells are worth.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/30/21
Early 2019 price

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Now......

Posted By: slumlord Re: new to me Shotgun - 07/30/21
Me and my dad used to shoot those plastic slugs. The smell is quite a memory. After church we’d have baked hen and dressing, than put our Filson coats on and head out to the brambles.

The memories of all those smells. Mmm, huhhh sigh!!!

Posted By: renegade50 Re: new to me Shotgun - 08/09/21
Seen the words "12 ga Accutips" on the classifieds and read all this...

🥴🥴🥴🥴🤪🤪🤪🤪😄😄😄😄

"Hubert Unchained"
Going all Django and schitt on em down in the classifieds

Decided to play with it a little.......
LOL!!!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...62/5-boxes-remington-accutips-12ga-2-3-4
Posted By: slumlord Re: new to me Shotgun - 08/09/21
Old rube

Now he’s shît posting on other peoples’ slug threads in the classifieds.

#Butthurt.

LOL
Posted By: jwp475 Re: new to me Shotgun - 08/09/21
Originally Posted by deflave
Can I suggest a thread title change?

"Potentially Dangerous Shells in Obscure Chambering and Dimension for Your Meemaw's Shottygun That Might be #5's but Could be Slugs for $125."

LMAO. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hubert....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🥴🥴🥴🤪🤪🤪😄😄😄😄😄
Don’t bring VomitGuy into this. His pivot man binky-blanket will come sniffing around and call your mother a whore.

woooo, baaaaad

School bus insults. LOL
[align:right][/align]
Don’t bring VomitGuy into this. His pivot man binky-blanket will come sniffing around and call your mother a whore.

woooo, baaaaad

School bus insults. LOL

Yep, you and your new online pen pal are really having some special moments it seems at times on here...
WTF did you do now man???
Poop in his pudding cup or something???

🥴🤪😄😄😄
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: new to me Shotgun - 08/09/21

I'm not going to buy em anywhere at that price.
yeah man

I’m thinking about putting him on the ignore. Or I might even leave the site.

Tired of gettin bullied

Another good guy fixin to leave
Posted By: local_dirt Re: new to me Shotgun - 08/09/21
yeah man

I’m thinking about putting him on the ignore. Or I might even leave the site.

Tired of gettin bullied

Another good guy fixin to leave

You hain't goin' nowhere. You got too much baggage. Your backpack can't handle it. smile

Lol.
© 24hourcampfire