Home
I got 350 win super sporting clays #8,s.
GTG for dove season with plenty to spare.

But aint seeing squat for dove/ shotshells out for sale.
This is the time of yr when wally world starts having metric schit tons of em and academy also.

How many millions of shells are sold nation wide for dove hunting starting around this time of yr.
Where are the seasonal runs of em like usual???

Manufacturers just saying FU to dove hunters
Seems to me they sell a huge # of shells for dove hunting each year.

They just taking the attitude of take what we give ya to buy that makes us the most money and we DGAF about the shot shell market when bang bang calibers 9mm and 5.56 are our bread and butter now with materials

I dunno

Just an observation versus the past norms.

Might be less people on dove fields this year because of it.
That is the only plus I see from it, and even then it really aint a plus when ya think about people not enjoying the traditional day of dove season opener.
I think we’re a little early for the usual pallets of white box Winchester I usually see. I know we’re close but I think it’s early. Wally was wiped out of all shotgun Ammo the last two times I’ve been there though.
I aint seen squat shot shell wise at wally world or academy.
Plenty of other ammo .

Maybe a big logistics drop is happening soon with shotshells.
Just seems like a incedible amount of money to be made nationwide just from dove openers across the country.
Found 3 100 round sleeves of Federal 7.5’s locally last week. I have shot/wads/primers/powder to load up quite a few but I’m saving that for the 16’s.

I think I paid $25 for the 4 box sleeve.
I was told at the local shop this week that they are expecting shotgun shell shortages to be worse this fall than last. Not much of their steel shot has come in at all. They are getting a fair bit of rifle, handgun, and even rimfire back in stock.

Attendance was way down at the Ohio Trap Shooting championships. People conserving ammo.
Local shooting range sent out an email last month that they were opening more for the public, opening on more days as well. I know they have to be hurting,
I’ve seen zero dove loads on local shelves. But I’ve got plenty loaded up in 20 & 28 gauge.

Being in Ca.[I know, I know] with all these messed up laws and such, I bought as much lead/steel shotgun ammo before the 1/1/'18 deadline for no more internet sales/deliveries to Ca without a permit of some sort. Fugg 'em! I'm good on shotgun stuff. 12 and 20ga. F'ing Ca laws.
All I have been getting off the truck is slugs and buckshot
Bought a flat of 20s at cabelas today
Originally Posted by renegade50

Might be less people on dove fields this year because of it.
That is the only plus I see from it, and even then it really aint a plus when ya think about people not enjoying the traditional day of dove season opener.

I can handle this outcome....for at least a few years.
Plenty of other ammo .

Just seems like a incedible amount of money to be made nationwide just from dove openers across the country.

I’m guessing the Manufacturers are too busy making 9mm rounds for all the folks that bought new handguns during the Scamdemic and Stolen Election.

Not seeing any shotgun shells around here. I’ve still got plenty.
Our Dove populations have gone to schitt, though.

Mama June and Parnell, Jr got shells

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by slumlord

Damn Slum! Bet the shocks were broke on that ole F-150.
Doves have been scarce around here last year. Couldn't call it a migration.
Ironically, I've picked up a bunch of 16gauge 7 1/2's at Walmart last week. No 12 or 20, but 16 is my main squeeze.
I cshit canned all my AA hulls a couple of years ago. I should have kept them.
Try Natchez
Sportsman's Warehouse had a good stock of 7-1/2 and 8 shot with a 2 box limit a couple of weeks ago when I needed shells for sporting clays. Wife was with me so I got out the door with 100 rounds.
Good , less competition and fewer sky blasters. I have 5 cases of # 7.5 s .
Could always use more shotgun shells.
Picked up 3 100 CT AA 12 gauge 7.5 shot 1&1/8 ounce loads ar walmart yesterday for about $32/100 or $8/box of 25. I prefer the Remington sts hulls but I couldn't pass on the AAs. My friends that shoot sporting clays have knocked a dent in my stash of target loads.

Bb
I have heavy trap 7 5, 9 boxes.
5 boxes of reloads.
And 4 boxes of steel 6.

All 12

Had 5 boxes of premium 7 1/2 in 20 and gave them to a neighbor.
Got plenty of shotgun shells in all shot sizes from 00 buck to #8's. Spent the past two afternoons loading .30-30 ammo. You've got to be brain dead to enjoy that mind numbing tedious shyt.
And i put in for no draws.
Saw lots of 12/20 white box at Walmart in Hot Springs, Arkansas while buying some OOS fishing licenses Monday nite. Sporting goods clerk said they’d had steady supply recently.
I've got enough 12's or the components to load enough to last my life, even if I get active in the clays game again.

Who in the hell could have predicted a shortage of 20 gauge shells. Really, 22 LR shortages? it's happened before. 223's & 9's, same. Primers? not the first time for them to get scarce. Reloading & casting, across the board, shortages.

But fugging 20 gauge field loads, scarce as hens teeth?????? A totally new phenomenon.
At the Academy Sports in Amarillo they had both 12 and 20 in 7 1/2, 8, 9, 6 and #5 Steel for the upcoming teal season. And they had a lot of it.
don't understand this thing about acquiring shells. you only need about 15 for a limit.

Holy schit!!!
Forgot about them 2 from last year.

😆😆😆😆😆
Walmart was getting 4 box packs of Federal trap loads a month ago for $23. Saw many boxes for about 2 weeks in stores in both Colorado and Wy....dried up a couple weeks back.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Damn Slum! Bet the shocks were broke on that ole F-150.

You wish

Lol

Stand by, BRB
They rolled in with a Corolla

Mama June ridin shotgun.
Parnell ridin dirty

Watched him stash that loaded shotgun in/out of that car and sweep his mama with the muzzle half dozen times while birds, drizzle and lightning kept pushing folks back to their vehicles.

If you lived closer you could use my loaders to make your own. wink

They seem to have a better pattern that the cheap store loads.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Plenty of other ammo .

I’m guessing the Manufacturers are too busy making 9mm rounds for all the folks that bought new handguns during the Scamdemic and Stolen Election.

Not seeing any shotgun shells around here. I’ve still got plenty.
Our Dove populations have gone to schitt, though.

As it has everywhere? Due to Fire Ant bait granules? whistle
Originally Posted by MAC
At the Academy Sports in Amarillo they had both 12 and 20 in 7 1/2, 8, 9, 6 and #5 Steel for the upcoming teal season. And they had a lot of it.

God bless for that info.
Shooting some nsca shoots only when they have shells available at event. That will keep my hunting stash adequately inventoried for a while.
Found cases of Winchester Super x, Federal, Remington, and Monarch all in the shelves this evening at Academy. Employees told me that corporate is getting starting to release it for the season. Sounds like they've been hanging in to it at the warehouse so that they'd have some for when the season hit.
My LGS has gotten 12 ga off and on......and its almost always freakin 8 shot
All them days, getting to Academy at 6:30 am. Standing in line freezing cold

Never got any dove loads

All about the pow-pow 9mm stuff

Hell of way to make ends meet

Or is it end meat. ? Idk
I mean I’ve bough ends and pieces bacon before.

Sheesh
© 24hourcampfire