Home
I know they already have..do you think it will continue ? I bought a new 870 Marine Magnum for 750.00 a couple years ago, they're selling all day on GB for 1200.00 1500.00.
My perception. Left handed Rem 700’s really got crazy after Slow Joe took office. Prices for the left handed bolt rifles seem to be settling back down. However, I doubt they will ever get back to where they were.
I certainly hope that someday the rifles, or more importantly to me, the actions will be made again. Other than a custom action, as far as I’m concerned, Remingtons are the best to blueprint for a custom rifle. I have quite a few that are very accurate
the pumps sure have. like double in the past year or so
How do you check to find out if an action truly needs "blueprinting"?
For the people that like them.
Give em a couple of more years for the older 700,s they will go up even more among people who like them.
The desirability of them will increase as the availability of the older ones become more and more unobtanium.

They will become like pre 64 70,s I bet.

Throw in the multiple bankruptcy era,s and the knowledge base of quality issues on some of those versus the older pure Remington guns even with the walker trigger ( after market triggers address that issue)
The older pure Remington guns will be the ones commanding big Benjamin's.

I can see em reaching collector status like pre 64 70,s in time.
JMO.
No I don’t think so. Too many Remington clones. As for crf model 70”s. The new production are better guns.
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
No I don’t think so. Too many Remington clones.
I agree.
As for crf model 70”s. The new production are better guns.
In some aspects - but not in others..
Wingmasters, pump rifles and the auto’s for sure.
Originally Posted by rainshot

It depends on what you want from your rifle. If you’re not loading your own ammunition and tuning it to your rifle you have a ways to go before you need to true an action. Every action is built within tolerances. Production actions have large tolerances and a custom target action will have smaller tolerances. Remington actions are well known for large tolerances. Every action body is banana shaped and the bolt is too. Blueprinting is just going through the action and oversize cutting all the surfaces to align everything to the approximate centerline of the action.
Bottom line is that if the rifle meets your accuracy expectations and functions well you don’t need the action trued. If it doesn’t your best first step is to learn to load ammo and see how well you can tune a load to get it to meet expectations. Bed the rifle. When you get to the point of replacing the barrel you need to true the action at the same time.
No I don’t think so. Too many Remington clones. As for crf model 70”s. The new production are better guns.

Triggers sure aren’t.
As half the country wants them all destroyed, my guess is yes.
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I know they already have..do you think it will continue ? I bought a new 870 Marine Magnum for 750.00 a couple years ago, they're selling all day on GB for 1200.00 1500.00.

Not critical of you chopper.

Gun Broker is a place I'd never look to buy a gun. Their prices have been outrageous as long as I've been a member
here.
hahahahaha...NO.
Nope
Originally Posted by jorgeI
hahahahaha...NO.

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

Jorge, I've told you before and it's STILL the truth. I've been shooting, loading, graphing, & hunting Rem 700s since
1975 (?) I still have a few.

NOT one, single, solitary, problem of ANY sort.

jwall & I said that.
AKCHOPPER: As a lifelong (adult lifetime anyway - age 14 to now 74!) Remington Rifle advocate, user, buyer, trader and endorser I have been watching the Remington Rifle market very closely for a very long time now.
My opinion, yes indeed the cost/value of Remington Rifles is going up, at a moderate rate - I would NOT say skyrocketing.
I would say that interest in Remington 700's, Model 7's, Model 40-X's, 541's and XR-100's is VERY strong right now and I don't see it weakening anytime soon.
Come on Big Green get yourshit back together!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
So, youse guys are all presuming the DNC and Dimocommies will soon be out of power and destroyed along with all their nefarious hopes, dreams and schemes.

Presuming this country will continue as it has in the past?

I hope and pray you are right, but big things will have to occur for that to be so, and many lives will have to be sorely impacted also.
Originally Posted by jwall
hahahahaha...NO.

Jorge, I've told you before and it's STILL the truth. I've been shooting, loading, graphing, & hunting Rem 700s since

jwall & I said that.

I was just proffering my opinion on the value question, not on the issue of the 700s multiple maladies, such as non-locking bolt and fail on fire safety, brazed on bolt handle and flimsy extractor, but since you brought it up.... But let us know when a 700 approaches the values commanded by pre-64s...

Well, if it's a Remington, it needs blueprinting . . . . for starters . . .
700's - unlikely. They made too many of them and clones abound.

I get rather blueprinting a 700 vs a clone - you're losing your butt on resale regardless but at least you KNOW it's true. Some so called clones that are supposed to be GTG - are you sure? If you check it and it's wrong - then it's "he said/he said" between mfg and gunsmith - goes on for a while, either they pay to have the gsmith true it or send a replacement. More time wasted. Or you can just blue print a 700 and be done and KNOW.

I don't think the 700's increase. Mostly because I don't see an older 700 being appreciably better than a "new" 700 from new owners. They're going to be close in quality. Pre-64 vs a 68 Win M70 - there were major differences in just how it was made, much less some perceived quality. (crf vs PF)

This except for the part that the newer production are better guns. Hunter market is shrinking, people are interested in plastic and steel. Had Remington gone bankrupt 30 years ago they would bring in money.
Is this old news? What are they thinking setting a precedent like this?
Sandy Hook
Originally Posted by jwall
[quote=jorgeI]hahahahaha...NO.

jwall & I said that.

I was just proffering my opinion on the value question, not on the issue of the 700s multiple maladies, such as non-locking bolt and fail on fire safety, brazed on bolt handle and flimsy extractor, but since you brought it up.... But let us know when a 700 approaches the values commanded by pre-64s...

-------------------------------------

Okay jorge. I was NOT talking of $$$$, I have no idea. Maybe so, maybe no....."Wilford Brimley"

I have a diff opinion about Pre 64s than many. Everyone has the right to their opinion.

No Harm No Foul
700 ADL and BDL models may not rise sharply in price, but the Classics have. Then, add caliber rarity to it and you are currently seeing upwards of $8- 900 for rifles in good to excellent condition. The fellas who like the Classics are typically not the plastic Creedmor soy boys, and they have money to spend.
Older Rems are already selling for $200+ over what they were a year ago.
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Older Rems are already selling for $200+ over what they were a year ago.

Is that because they're Rems or is that because the rush is on across all firearms?

I tend to think the later more than that Remington as a brand/product has suddenly risen in value due to circumstances at Remington.
I'll sell anyone here a 780 for $600 with original no-name scope..... Wallyworld special. smile

I sure hope so; I just ordered one. Only issue for me me is a minor one, the two-piece bolt. I prefer the older trigger, but the new one is supposed to be very crisp.

FYI: The current actions are made in Portugal, barrels are Bergaras from Spain, and the stock for mine is a B&C. That’s as of this morning; tomorrow, who knows?
If Remingtons new owners make stupid decisions like Winchester has, older Remingtons will go up in value

If they do it will be driven (just as with the 70s), not by people wanting them as rifles, but by people buying them up as investments to make sure that they don' t go at a reasonable price to the people who want to use them.
No. Remington was never the "Rifleman's Rifle".
Remington firearms doesn’t make anything anyone wants anymore anyway
Those of us who were never impressed with the need to true the action, re-trigger, re-stock and re-barrel a 700 to bring it up to speed...might be able to unload some of these turkeys at a little profit if they do go up in value.
Like others have said, if it is a special factory rifle, likely something out of production, the values may go up. If it's just plain-jane stuff or donor actions, there are too many really good competitors and "clones" out there on the market for the pricing to go up that much by comparison. Economic principle of substitution and all....
No. I don’t believe they will. Remington has never been designed as good as a Winchester or Ruger for that matter.

Tikka, Weatherby and Howa put them to shame as well. Very poor quality control and even worse management has been Remington’s demise!!!
Since GW Bush gave China the green light prices have steadily increased on just about everything. Since the stolen election prices for everything have gone up exponentially. Remington's golden age is somewhat tarnished and Savage did to Remington what Remington did to Winchester. Current prices reflect the inflation that the democrat regime has bestowed on us.

No company is exempt from their management's indiscretions. Walker's design stood the test of time and is still one of the most easy designs to gunsmith. Sure it has problems, many from lack of quality control. The design could've benefitted from upgrades in extraction and ejection as well as fire control but that never happened. Bolt timing has suffered for decades and I suspect Unions and imprudent management decisions are behind all the QC problems. It is still the most copied action design in history. Most current custom actions have the Remington footprint.

The Pre64 Winchester remains a great design but it was and still is impossible to produce to the price point that most consumers expect. That's why they redesigned it and still couldn't compete with the tubular design. It is what it is and until we rid ourselves of the malevolence that has corrupted our nation we will have to live with what we've been imposed with and Remington may never get the chance to regain it's lofty perch in the market. At present it still is cheaper than any of the customs and still able to compete with many; if you stumble onto the right one.
Since GW Bush gave China the green light prices have steadily increased on just about everything. Since the stolen election prices for everything have gone up exponentially. Remington's golden age is somewhat tarnished and Savage did to Remington what Remington did to Winchester. Current prices reflect the inflation that the democrat regime has bestowed on us.

No. The price of new Remington 700 is $550. Prices of new mass-produced firearms have not risen drastically in last few years. The prices of used stuff is based on current demand. When asked whether I should buy used Remington 700 .300H&H or Winchester CRF .300H&H advise as almost unanimous in favor of the Winchester. I hope this helps original poster.
© 24hourcampfire