Home
Seriously. Please don't tell us about how it's all bullshit. We get it...it's a political football.

I had it a year ago this month. As far as I can tell, the biggest changes are in my taste. Some stuff I used to like tastes foul and some things I didn't like taste good. Have any of you experienced changes in your taste?
Do you expect replies from non-survivors?
Had it six months ago, No long term changes, other than having to repress the urge to go postal on COVID believers.
I had it a year ago as well. (Feb) It took several months to get my taste and smell back to 100% and I feel like I lost some lung power for good. 72 years old. I was sick but never felt like I was close to going to hospital. I do not want this stuff again.
I had it Feb 2020, no long term effects. Had a fever for 3.5 days and exhaustion like I never felt before. Food had no flavor, don't remember smelling anything or a lack of ability to smell. Slept off and on most of the time. Day after fever broke I was working bison.
I had a cold back in February. I lived.
I got it in when they were still trying to figure out what is was. Never lost taste and smell. Haven’t been remotely sick since.
Haven't been sick in years. About 6 months ago came down with a slight fever, chills etc... then experienced a lack of taste for 1 day. Fever lasted lasted about 1 week.
Was it covid? I have no idea as I do not go to the doctor ever.....
I should have known this would be dick bait.

I'll be more specific. I don't like the taste of bacon or onions anymore. I like the taste of fresh tomatoes and pork rinds now.

It was just the opposite before.
February of this year. Less impactful than 90% of the common colds I've had throughout my lifetime. Lost sense of taste for about 3 weeks. Treated myself with the Ivermectin regimen as soon as I found out I had it. Never quit work.
Two guys that work with me have had it really bad. One went into IC, was on a ventilator and the docs didn’t think he was going to make it. He still hasn’t been able to come back to work and he was a marathoner. Another had it last summer and between the diarrhea and puking, he thought he was gonna die.
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Do you expect replies from non-survivors?

In 24h CF? Yep. Are you one of them?
Covid is influenza A or B. Of course if you do not treat it then you are a non survivor.
President Trump and Cruz, both (reportedly) had it.
I lost my sense of smell which was funny because I always laughed at people that said similar.

I didn’t realize it until I was schitting one morning.

LOL
Posted By: dpd Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21
My wife and I had it in April. We both lost our taste and smell for nearly a month. Our taste and smell is still not back to normal.
Originally Posted by deflave
I lost my sense of smell which was funny because I always laughed at people that said similar.

LOL

Right? At that point it really "don't stink".

But later it smells "different". Am I the only one?
Posted By: add Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21
Originally Posted by ltppowell

LOL

Am I the only one?

Yes

LOL

Right? At that point it really "don't stink".

But later it smells "different". Am I the only one?

It returned.

Unfortunately.

I'll be more specific. I don't like the taste of bacon or onions anymore. I like the taste of fresh tomatoes and pork rinds now.

Pat, that’s one of the more severe reactions that I’ve heard of !
Originally Posted by dpd
My wife and I had it in April. We both lost our taste and smell for nearly a month. Our taste and smell is still not back to normal.

You can lose your sense of smell/taste from a sinus infection. You can also lose it from taking some antibiotics and it can be permanent.
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by dpd

You can lose your sense of smell/taste from a sinus infection. You can also lose it from taking some antibiotics and it can be permanent.

Yep. And you forgot dying. Dying can fughk up your sense of smell.
There was no test for covid so you coulda very well had the flu
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by dpd

Yep. And you forgot dying. Dying can fughk up your sense of smell.

Lmfao
Posted By: acy Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21

If you no longer like the taste of bacon, are you really sure you're still alive? 🙂
Seriously. Please don't tell us about how it's all bullshit. We get it...it's a political football.

I had it a year ago this month. As far as I can tell, the biggest changes are in my taste. Some stuff I used to like tastes foul and some things I didn't like taste good. Have any of you experienced changes in your taste?

Scarey. How about puzzy? You still like puzzy. Thats what im worried about.
Lt. Pat;
Good evening sir, I hope that other than your taste and smell not being dialed in that you and yours are well.

To be clear this was a local news story and no, even the local station isn't non-political, but anyways they had a lady on who was a chef that ran her own restaurant with your issue.

She said it'd really buggered her up because she couldn't make her old "standby" dishes with confidence anymore as she couldn't tell if they tasted right or not.

Hers was - as I recall - the same as you're experiencing in that both taste and smell hadn't come back "normal" after more than half a year.

Of course the docs had no clue as this is all new to everyone.

All the best with that issue sir - it'd be a bugger for those who like to cook and eat for sure.

Dwayne
Posted By: EdM Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21
Did the 'fire pull through for you Pat???

I haven't had Covid but my sense of taste went all funky immediately after getting the Pfizer shot.
Posted By: okie Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21

I still like red headed women.... grin Some folks say that's "bad taste"...

So, Covid fixed you up, huh? Well, except for the bacon. Dayom. I better get the vax. Crap.
I had it over Christmas last year. Taste and smell because dulled but never fully lost them. Was short of breath just lying in bed for a couple days. Started taking liquid Ivermectin from the COOP every day and in 4 days I was “cured”. No long term effect as far as I can tell.

Had to take 14 days off work at the first symptom, had a solid week of good coyote hunting all by myself with no one bothering me.
Guess I had it in November '20 when the wife did, I never knew I did till this January when I did my yearly physical and my Doc called me a few days later bitching that I did not come see him when I was sick... I had a full antibody load, never an a fever or if I did I did not notice.

My girth testifies that my smell and taste have not been affected in the least.
Posted By: toad Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21
I caught it in mid November. Taste is about 50%, but some things now taste like gasoline mixed with mineral spirits. Toothpaste is one.
I have still only smelled a few things. Mostly obnoxious chemical smells.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

So, Covid fixed you up, huh? Well, except for the bacon. Dayom. I better get the vax. Crap.

I didn't say it was a bad thing...just an adventure.
Both me and the wife had the plague last year.

No change in taste of stuff,just got a sore throat,had a high temp and was really tired.
Had it Christmas last year, lost smell and taste. Taste seems to be ok smell not quite 100%.
Had it in November last year, never lost taste or smell. Had a acid or bile taste for 7-10 days. Even good bourbon couldn’t get rid of it. Ran 101-102 fever for 4-5 days. Worked from home everyday, but I did sleep in late and went to bed early. Was back doing CrossFit in two weeks but was about 70-80% stamina and lung capacity for a month. Never took anything other than a lot of fluids.

I had pneumonia a couple years ago around Christmas that kicked my ass worse.
I had it now I love to eat raw cucumbers .
My taste and smell were gone for weeks, but it’s been back to normal.
Posted By: add Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21
Originally Posted by Hubert
I had it now I love to eat raw cucumbers .

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by dpd

It's funny you mention that because I developed a horrific sinus infection (first in my life) and it required antibiotics to knock it back.
Dec 2019 and Jan 2020. 6 weeks of crap. No real loss of taste or smell, but everything else. Finally settled deep in my lungs. Doxycycline and some other meds to finally kick that part.
Covid really sucks for those that get it bad, and of course for those that die. 99%+ do fine
Well, I have Covid at the current moment. In fact I just returned from the Hospital.....they pumped me full of drugs yesterday and kept me overnight for observation, but couldn't find a bed for me at the Main hospital....so I signed myself out.

Funny thing, I had lost all taste and smell with the onset of symptoms.....just noticed the faint smell of the Irish Spring soap as I was taking a shower! Made a cup of coffee and yep, can slightly taste it....hope things improve!

Frog----OUT!
Originally Posted by frogman43
Well, I have Covid at the current moment. In fact I just returned from the Hospital.....they pumped me full of drugs yesterday and kept me overnight for observation, but couldn't find a bed for me at the Main hospital....so I signed myself out.

Funny thing, I had lost all taste and smell with the onset of symptoms.....just noticed the faint smell of the Irish Spring soap as I was taking a shower! Made a cup of coffee and yep, can slightly taste it....hope things improve!

Frog----OUT!

well at least you finally took a bath. lol

glad you are home. Give Cocoa Beans an extra treat

Pat, i get what you're saying. however is what you are describing absolutely attributed to Covid? the same thing happened to me afte a surgery. food I liked I cant stand the taste of now, and food I hated I absolutely love now.

Frog----OUT!

Hope it clears up quick for you with no lasting bs. I’m still buggered up from the wuhan and it’s been 4.5 months. Fortunately i didn’t lose my sense of taste or smell 👍🏻
Wife and I had it fairly bad just prior to it's existence[Dec/19-Jan/20].
Late Jan we were both feeling mucho better and as our sense of smell/taste and appetite returned we made the mistake of getting a 8 piece dinner at KFC to share........

Neither of us have ate any fried chicken since, formally one of my favorites.
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Pat, i get what you're saying. however is what you are describing absolutely attributed to Covid? the same thing happened to me afte a surgery. food I liked I cant stand the taste of now, and food I hated I absolutely love now.

Yes. Everything but the basics...sugar, salt, etc., tastes and smells different. I can't say it's better or worse...just different.

It's really weird. Even I don't smell like me anymore.

I had it November 2020 never felt like I ran a fever, headache ears plugged and body ached. Ears still feel plugged at times. Otherwise no lingering effects
I had something in octoberish 2019. coughing worse than any I ever experienced before. Not productive cough, dry and basically if it started it wouldnt stop til i gagged or got light headed. That lasted for like two months.

End of sept 2020 one sunday after church had a sinus headache. Monday woke up full of snot, hot shower loosened it up and made me feel better. Tues was little better and weds felt almost back to normal. Came home weds for lunch and the doritos tasted like someone licked all the seasoning off of them. Then tried a peppermint stick and couldnt taste it. Tested my sniffer on a botle of tinks 69 and couldnt smell it. Got tested and came back positive that fri. Taste came back that sunday along with smell. I felt a little less energy for a few days and i got pretty winded just walking 100yds to the mailbox and back. Kept me from going elk hunting in CO though. I was scared if I was getting winded in SC that CO mountains might be tough. I feel fine now and no known lingering effects.
I’m a survivor . I don’t recall change in taste or smell.

LOL

Sorry for this, someone had to.

In September I got sick. Hit in the head with a hammer,
weekend in bed, ass dragging Monday and Tuesday to work.
Tuesday afternoon I took a dump. And realized I hadn't really
smelled or tasted anything for days.

Called doc, got the "special room appt".
Chippy little girl guessed a sinus infection.
Left it up to me on testing.
I trusted her, didn't want the BS taking a test would bring on the family.

Did I have it?
Know several confirmed cases that mirror my experience.
But a lot dont.

Still can't smell or taste very well.

Anything sulphur smells and/or tastes funny.
Any hard boiled egg food is weird.
Tried to eat some cat,
Tasted like a raw clam.
Oreos are inedible. Used to love them.
Now, they taste fishy.

I can't distinguish good from spoiled.
Tried some peanut butter. Tasted like ammonia.
Wife claims it's fine.
My wife and all 3 girls had it back in January '21
They all lost their taste and smell
Wife still says that some food taste a little different now

Frog----OUT!

What symptom had you go to the hospital?
Posted By: dpd Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21
I've had plenty sinus infections. I've never lost my taste and smell completely from them. I had absolutely nothing. I thought it was BS also till it happened to me.
Posted By: BLG Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21
Wife had it in December. She spent 4 days in the hospital with pneumonia. 4 doses of Remdisever cleared her up.

She can';t drink soft drinks from a can anymore. She can taste the metal.

That's the only side affect she has had.

Clyde
Originally Posted by toad
I caught it in mid November. Taste is about 50%, but some things now taste like gasoline mixed with mineral spirits. Toothpaste is one.
I have still only smelled a few things. Mostly obnoxious chemical smells.

I have the same experience, Toad. All soap smells like industrial chemicals to me now. Taste is mostly back, but some things don’t taste the same. Smell is still all screwed up. It’s been 6 months since I had it.
Had it in April. Fever, chills, pneumonia, lost taste but not smell. I am 100% now and don't have any lingering symptoms. It was annoying for about a month after my main symptoms ended I had post nasal drip. My sinuses were like a faucet.
If your still alive after the madness of the last couple of years you should be considered a corvid survivor.
Since the c-19 thing started I added zinc, D3, C to my prescription meds everyday to strengthen my immune system. After a couple of members here got it and treated it with Ivermectin successfully I went and got a syringe of it. $6 thought it could be cheap insurance if.I caught it. Over mother's day weekend this year I came down with alot of the symptoms. real bad sore throat inside of 5 hrs, I power gargled with hydrogen peroxide that fixed that in 3 hrs. Had all the sinus head cold symptoms and fever by the first nite. Treated that with aspirin felt just as bad on monday and tuesday at 6 pm I took the first dose of Ivermectin turned in at 9pm woke up at 2 am fever gone and sinuses clearing fell back to sleep woke at 8 am feeling much better did the doses weds and thurs nite. Last one on the 7th day
All symtoms and congestion gone in 8-9 days.
1. I never got tested so I don't know if it was c-19.
2. Damned sure I don t have any bots or strongyles.
3. If it wasn't c-19 it was a sinus head cold of a very severe nature and was cured in 8-9 days which usually lasts 2-3 weeks with.medical professional treatment.
4 there is a new $6 tube of Ivermectin on the counter in case I come down with symptoms again. People have to make their own decisions about what to do.Despite faucci and the rest of the turd show it's obvious to me Ivermectin and hydrochloroquinine work there is just no money in those treatments for big pharma or the hospitals. Mb
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Frog----OUT!

well at least you finally took a bath. lol

glad you are home. Give Cocoa Beans an extra treat

Damn, Frog. Sorry to hear. Hope you continue to improve quickly.

Continue to be coool.
As far as I can tell, the biggest changes are in my taste. Some stuff I used to like tastes foul and some things I didn't like taste good. Have any of you experienced changes in your taste?

I had Covid in January of this year. Lost my senses of taste and smell for 3+ weeks. When they came back, Coca Cola tasted bad. I'm not a huge pop drinker--maybe 3-4 cans per month--but Coke now tastes like it's been stored in a copper pipe. The aftertaste is nasty. Other sodas taste similar but to a lesser degree.

That's the only permanent change that I've identified.
Posted By: rong Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21
I had it in May of this year,lost taste and smell a little after about a week.
Once it came back salt was amplified ,anything with a little salt was over powering.Kinda back to normal now.
Currently seems like I have a sinus infection,going to call Dr today.
Also have never had one.Kinda feels like a bad cold. Hope it's not a return of the Wu
My loss/change of taste was very slight, my sense of smell temporarily changed and that was more noticeable at the time I was going through the ravages of the Wuhan Wheezer. Nothing since then.
Wife had it, like a worse than avg cold. She lost taste/smell for about a month. No meds.
I had it the last two weeks of November in 2020. The whole family got it. We didn’t quarantine or nothing. Just all lived in the house together like we always do. Everyone just wanted to get it over with.
You wouldn’t have known the two youngest boys even had it if we hadn’t of had them tested. One of them had a little runny nose.
I had it the worst. For two days my back hurt so bad I couldn’t even lay down. I just sat on the luv seat with a pillow under my chin.
I had shortness of breath, bad joint pain and severe coughing. Never lost my smell or taste though.
My knees have hurt pretty bad every since. It hurts to go up stairs or ladders.
I’ve got a friend who got COVID in February and he still hasn’t gotten his taste back. Go figure!
I had it the first of last October. I never lost my sense of taste or smell and only felt bad for a couple of days. I had a cough for a couple of weeks and felt kind of tired for about a month, but other than that nothing.

Only a couple of things I've noticed since getting over Covid, The first is I never cared much for bourbon before Covid, but dang if that stuff doesn't taste pretty good now. The other is I have developed an intense dislike for people that insist on telling me what I ought to do. Then that might be something that naturally comes with being 69. .
No.
If I get it, I hope that it changes my taste so I like tomato's. I hate being the odd man out when people are drinking Bloody Mary's with all the snacks in them. smile
Pretty sure last july aug
Thread on here buncha cats posting on it.
Had alot of the symptoms
Confirmed by 4 high end designer ice creams I bought one afternoon.
That was my " test"....
Cost me about 12 bucks.
Couldnt taste em for nothing.
Royally pissed me off too....

Can say it was probably the worst cold/ flu I have ever had.
Joint pain was my big thing and a dry persistent cough.
Bought some OTC meds, some zinc gummies and ate like 4 times the dose each day.
Clover valley ones IIRC from wally world.
Tasted pretty damm good too.
Kinda cranberry like.
👍👍👍👍

Survivor ??????
I wouldnt say that.
Just a kick azz cold/flu basically...

#antibodiesproducednaturallyaretheschit!!!
Had it Nov 2020. Weak azz cold. Smell and taste are still f'd up.

Oddly enough every time I'm around someone that tests positive and gets sick, my sense of smell and tastes get worse. All I can taste is a chemical like smell/taste, but I don't get sick. Then the longer I go without encountering covid I incrementally get my taste/smell back. Weird stuff

I have 0 respiratory issues from it.
Wife & I both had it during Christmas & NY. We lost taste & smell, me for about 5days, her, 2-3 weeks.

Not sure if she has fully regained her sense of smell yet, & has an x-ray appointment due a lung rattle. But, she already had COPD so who knows if the C19 caused something that recently cropped up.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Tried to eat some cat,
Tasted like a raw clam.

Isn't that what cat is supposed to taste like? 😊
Headaches

They were STRONG when I had it.
Posted By: efw Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21
I was notified by a hunting buddy that he was positive and had I’d likely been exposed at deer camp the day before Thanksgiving so I went home.

I’d had mild cold-like symptoms and a few weird things that I’d never have connected to COVID but felt fine.

Thanksgiving morning I awoke w/ no sense of taste or smell at all. That lasted quite a while… a couple months at least.

Honestly wish they could isolate that piece of the virus and inject me with it as it was an effective weight loss tool.

I haven’t noticed any changes like what you’re talking about in terms of my preferences. Makes me wonder if certain parts of your taste receptors didn’t recover as well as others maybe?

So many weird things with this bug.
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Yes. Everything but the basics...sugar, salt, etc., tastes and smells different. I can't say it's better or worse...just different.

It's really weird. Even I don't smell like me anymore.

Is it just taste that's screwed up or is it smell too? A friend (who's an MD in the Airforce) had it and now he has parosmia. Now he regularly smells dead/rotting flesh in various places. It's not actually dead/rotting flesh but that's what he smells.
Also remember deciding that we needed to be drinking Gatorade/pedialyte type drinks while we were down.
I hate those type drinks with a passion but they didn't bother me that week.
Still have a 32oz GA in back of fridge from 17 months back.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Oddly enough every time I'm around someone that tests positive and gets sick, my sense of smell and tastes get worse. All I can taste is a chemical like smell/taste, but I don't get sick. Then the longer I go without encountering covid I incrementally get my taste/smell back. Weird stuff

Two months no taste or smell. Second course of ivermectin and two days later taste and smell returned back to normal. worth a try
It's nothing compared to what I caught in Bangkok in the fall of 07
This reminds me

I need to take my hydroxy today
My Dad and I went to a Sept 2020 gun show and we both caught it. Dad lasted maybe two weeks, when I went into the unit to tell him he wasn't getting off vent, he was gone in less than 20 hours. I had no symptoms I can pin on, I was on a road trip and might have had just the tiniest "east side snots" but I normally get those when I leave western Montana for someplace not forested. Always takes a couple days for my head to adjust, this was totally expected, completely normal.
Did test positive on return from the trip, which is part of the reason the hospital let me in for one last debrief. I also got the J and J one-shot in May, no sides. Not concerned about myself, but can't get myself to put others at risk even if I apparently am not at risk.
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
My Dad and I went to a Sept 2020 gun show and we both caught it. Dad lasted maybe two weeks, when I went into the unit to tell him he wasn't getting off vent, he was gone in less than 20 hours. I had no symptoms I can pin on, I was on a road trip and might have had just the tiniest "east side snots" but I normally get those when I leave western Montana for someplace not forested. Always takes a couple days for my head to adjust, this was totally expected, completely normal.
Did test positive on return from the trip, which is part of the reason the hospital let me in for one last debrief. I also got the J and J one-shot in May, no sides. Not concerned about myself, but can't get myself to put others at risk even if I apparently am not at risk.

Are your anti bodies better after getting the shot even though you already had covid and the strong anti - bodies?

That's an unfortunate turn of events. It's just as unfortunate knowing that having the vaccine is no guarantee that you won't infect another.
Posted By: ISRO Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/29/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I had a cold back in grinFebruary. I lived.

Glad you made it buddy
grin
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert

That's an unfortunate turn of events. It's just as unfortunate knowing that having the vaccine is no guarantee that you won't infect another.

I just reread that and it might appear a little harsh at the end, but I assure you it was not meant as so. I just wanted to clear that up. My only point was that getting the vaccine is pretty much a guarantee of nothing, unfortunately.
My wife and I had covid last October.
dry cough, head ache followed by body aches and upset bowels
wife had a fever for 6 days, I stayed below 100 deg for a couple of days
Day later smell went away for me about a week, almost 6 months for my wife.
joints and body hurt till on the third day I went and split a bunch of firewood with a maul - a good sweat broke the fever and aches.

we were both taking zinc and vit D, B, C. Got an anti-viral brew from a naturopathic Dr that was nasty enough tasting to tell if taste went away, but seemed to help.
I have had pneumonia several times in the past but stayed clear lung wise.
Wish the Ivermectin information was out back then, had plenty on hand for the horses.

nasty bug - real bad for some
I hope for a speedy recovery for all who get it.
Not sure if the physical devastation to the country is worse than the mental devastation that has occurred.

My Daughter tested positive for Covid several months back, Last weekend she still could not handle the off taste of one of her favorite foods, Chicken breast, She says it tastes very metallic.....She had lost all sense of smell and taste for a bit, but that mostly returned.
I have had tinnitus since I was a teenager. It got about 50% worse for about 5 months after but has finally returned to normal. No other long term symptoms.

MM
I'm a blood donor. Sometime between July 2020 (neg for antibodies) and January 2021 (positive for antibodies), I had covid. My best guess is that what I thought was my usual sinus infection (lots or green/yellow crud from the nose) was actually covid. I didn't lose taste or smell, temp was normal, no shortness of breath. My appetite was off for a few days and I lost about 5 lbs. but that was it. That was early November but ???

Dale
Posted By: add Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/30/21
Originally Posted by Kenneth

My Daughter tested positive for Covid several months back, Last weekend she still could not handle the off taste of one of her favorite foods, Chicken breast, She says it tastes very metallic.....She had lost all sense of smell and taste for a bit, but that mostly returned.

Prayers sent!!!
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Two months no taste or smell. Second course of ivermectin and two days later taste and smell returned back to normal. worth a try

What dosage are you taking? I'm assuming I'm going to have to take some generic de-wormer from a feed store...
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Tried to eat some cat,
Tasted like a raw clam.

Isn't that what cat is supposed to taste like? 😊

Slipped that into a serious discussion.
Thought I might be funny. Evidently only you get my humor.
Sorry for you!😁
Had it the second and third week of June. In a coma for 4 days and in ICU for 9. Could not walk after being released but working w/therapist has that fixed but can only walk short distances. Am on oxygen a couple of hours a day. I have no feeling in my thighs from my knees to my groin. Lost sense of taste but not smell. Dr. said it may take me a year to get back to normal. I've never been so weak and out of breath. The Covid I had is not for sissies. powdr

P.S. I could go on for another page or two about other things like nightmares and the drug they give you that totally paralyzes your body while they work on you. You can feel and hear a lot of things that are going on around you but cannot move any part of your body. Scarry huh. powdr
Had it, felt like a bad cold but I was tired and sore. Lost some taste but seem to be back to normal. Tinnitus also got worse for about a month, same as loss of taste.
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Lt. Pat;
Good evening sir, I hope that other than your taste and smell not being dialed in that you and yours are well.

To be clear this was a local news story and no, even the local station isn't non-political, but anyways they had a lady on who was a chef that ran her own restaurant with your issue.

She said it'd really buggered her up because she couldn't make her old "standby" dishes with confidence anymore as she couldn't tell if they tasted right or not.

Hers was - as I recall - the same as you're experiencing in that both taste and smell hadn't come back "normal" after more than half a year.

Of course the docs had no clue as this is all new to everyone.

All the best with that issue sir - it'd be a bugger for those who like to cook and eat for sure.

Dwayne

As a career exec chef, this does concern me. I’ve been sick with cold-like symptoms a couple times since before the quarantine and once after. Never got tested. No idea if I’ve had it or not. Not getting the vax. Just keep on keeping on. Bills to pay etc, but that WOULD eff with my livelihood. The loss or change of taste thing.
I am now the guy who has had it 2x. The first i had loss of smell but no change in taste. This time, no loss of smell....but i get a bad after taste on most things i should enjoy.

Neither experience was worse than waking up after a days work with a stuffy head.
I had it and was in a really bad way for almost a month, lost sense of smell but taste was a weird one, every thing was to salty even if no salt was used metalic taste was there and everything tasted different. I am about 90% of where I was but can't seem to get that 10% back as far as enegy and a couple of other things, also my out look on life has changed a bit nothing drastic but I do look at a few things differently.

Dean
I think it ran through our house last December. We never got tested. Started with kids - they had headaches, fever, and nausea. I had it for a few days. Mostly just felt “off” and had a bad taste in my mouth - kinda like someone put a handful of dirt and plastic soda bottle pieces in your mouth and told you to chew it. Then my sense of taste went completely away for a couple of weeks before coming back slowly. No effects at all now.
Posted By: ppfd Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/30/21
GF and I both worked healthcare, both had the ‘vid last December, lost taste and smell, runny nose, felt tired, etc, etc.
Full recovery in a week and a half, 2 weeks.
Had Flu B about 4 years ago, 100% worse. And I’ve taken the flu vac yearly as well.

I work in a prison as a nurse, first of the year had 250 cases of the vid out of 550 inmates

Zero hospital admits, and you guessed it zero deaths. Age ranges from 18 all the way up to one old gal age 79.
58 YOA, no comorbidities, no residual effects.
Wifey caught it in Amsterdam before it became a thing on the world stage. She had it for a couple of weeks. No long term effects from it.

I didn’t get sick.

🦫
I believe I had it in late December of 2019. I spent Christmas Even in bed, and several days thereafter. I called it the flu, but that was before we knew it had already entered the US, and before there was even much talk of it, other than being something that was going on in China. My doctor refuses to prescribe an antibody test, since he believes everyone should be vaccinated regardless.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I believe I had it in late December of 2019. I spent Christmas Even in bed, and several days thereafter. I called it the flu, but that was before we knew it had already entered the US, and before there was even much talk of it, other than being something that was going on in China. My doctor refuses to prescribe an antibody test, since he believes everyone should be vaccinated regardless.

Is he still your Doctor?
Frog,
Get healthy ASAP!

Bruce
Originally Posted by Dale K
I'm a blood donor. Sometime between July 2020 (neg for antibodies) and January 2021 (positive for antibodies), I had covid. My best guess is that what I thought was my usual sinus infection (lots or green/yellow crud from the nose) was actually covid. I didn't lose taste or smell, temp was normal, no shortness of breath. My appetite was off for a few days and I lost about 5 lbs. but that was it. That was early November but ???

Dale

Does not sound like covid to me based on my experience & what others have shared. (due to very productive cold symptoms) were you tested?

I had come down with covid early last December after being exposed by a close friend after his fathers funeral. Friend stoped over for a few hours on a weekend I was not to concerned as I new his wife & daughter had it months earlier. Was sure he must have had it also, just no symptoms, right. - No!

He texted me a few days later sharing he had just tested positive after loosing his sense of taste no other symptoms for him. For me, it was about a week later I was dealing w a head ache and a raspy burning sensation in my lungs. Went in and sure enough tested positive. Did the quarantine thing for a little over 10 days. early on i felt a numb burning sensation on my tounge for a couple days. I gargled a number of times w a mouth wash and did get relief in terms of the numb burning sensation on my tounge. Never did notice a loss of my sense of taste or smell. My poop always has & still does stink.

My lung capacity was impacted in a huge way & I expect my breathing capacity may still be somewhat compromised.

Just getting over Walking pneumonia & when this first came on I was compelled to get tested just to be sure. My lungs initially felt a lot like when I had covid 19. Test came back negative.
Posted By: Osky Re: For "Covid 19 Survivers Only" - 07/31/21
4 months ago or so. Smell and taste were off for a few days. The fatigue lingered for nearly a month. A flight of stairs wiped me out. Worst was the the breathing, walk 30 yards and stop and struggle for breath, inner chest pain went with it. The lung issue lasted a month.

Osky
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Originally Posted by Dale K

Dale

Does not sound like covid to me based on my experience & what others have shared. (due to very productive cold symptoms) were you tested?

No, I wasn't tested. In November 2020, I thought it was a sinus infection, same as I have had other times. And maybe that's all it was. But that's the ONLY time I was sick in that time frame between July and January. Like I said, best guess is...

Maybe I was completely asymptomatic and had it at some other time, I don't know. What I do know is that the Red Cross is testing donated blood for covid antibodies. My blood was negative for antibodies in July 2020 and positive for them in January 2021. I have not been vaccinated. Ergo, I had the disease and got the antibodies the old fashioned way by contracting the disease and then recovering. Oh, and my Dr. concurs so despite me not suffering with symptoms like yours, I had the disease.

Dale
I got it early July. I'm 71. It was kind of bad for a week, altered taste and smell, but not lost. Very weak and on oxy at home. Slept all the time. Much better now, but still not quite100%. I could tell I was getting better as my sarcasm levels increased back to normal.
Must have been infected a second time. I have had about 2 weeks of having my food taste terrible. Don't want to eat much of anything. Even pizza tastes bad. Very sharp metallic about 2 seconds after you put the food in your mouth. Other than that I feel fine compared to my "normal".
Taste is still f'd up from last November, but not as bad as my sense of smell.
I had it beginning of January and my sense of smell is much weaker than before and taste also isn’t as sensitive. I lost all sense of smell and taste for a month before taste creeped back. Smell has been much slower returning. On the bright side for me almost all of my allergies have gone away with my sense of smell. I’m usually drowning in snot this time of the year. I’m happy not being able to smell much if my allergies stay gone. It’s been a great deal for me imo.
Had it in May so about 5 months ago. Had a light nasal drip in my throat and fatigue. Kind of a nasty feeling in my sinuses. Tested positive a few days later and then lost my sense of smell and taste completely a few days later. That lasted about two days and then it came back as strong as ever.

The worst part for me was the back aches and a bad headache that didn’t seem to respond to anything. My oxygen levels stayed perfect and I never had a fever.

About a month ago I caught whatever my kid brought back from school. Had nasty sinus congestion and a mild fever. I never got tested since the kids tested negative. But ever since then my taste is different. Doritos taste nasty. A lot of breads taste nasty. Kind of a rotten herbal taste. I have hated cilantro my whole life. Like legitimately repulsed by it. Tasted like rotten flesh with gasoline splashed on it to me. But last night I ate some tacos that had it sprinkled all over it. I was hungry so took a bite. It tasted great. For the first time in my life I enjoyed cilantro in my food rather than be angry at the universe for its existence.
I'm out of isolation in a couple of days. Most food is like boiled newspaper. however, I pulled out a bag of jerky I enjoy, and it tastes, now, like dish washing detergent. At any rate my sense of smell was pretty well killed off by a sinus infection about ten years ago and my sense of taste was seriously damaged by ether anesthesia for a ruptured appendix when I was in junior high. I'm not holding out for much return, so anything will be a plus.
I noted symptoms august 30, 2021, swab test september 2, covid positive, september 12 feeling better, back to normal now, no after affects. 63 year old, no other health issues. Medical staff advised that my natural antibodies will begin degrading in 8 months or so.

I did not get any of the so called vaccinations.
Originally Posted by irfubar
Haven't been sick in years. About 6 months ago came down with a slight fever, chills etc... then experienced a lack of taste for 1 day. Fever lasted lasted about 1 week.
Was it covid? I have no idea as I do not go to the doctor ever.....

About the same for me (March 2020), but I never lost taste... fever 103 to 104 on and off for a week... but lower with meds. Weak, slept alot... when it broke I was 100% the next day.

Second time... Maybe March 2021 (I forget)... I took a dose of Ivermectin two days in a row... and the vitamin regiment that flys around the web... it broke immediately.

Never went to the Doc... The medical field has gotten psycho past 2 years IMHO.

Didn't think it was Covid initially... because I never lose taste, but found out that is not always the case.

Who knows... who cares... carry on.
I can't tell any difference at all, no smell taste differences, and still have a load of antibodies.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Your doctor is just another stupid fugk murderer masquerading as a doctor in the conventional medicine death machine. I would be ditching that prick faster than wet socks.
Do any of you COVID survivors feel marginalized because your natural immunity is not being acknowledged as equivalent or better than vaccine “immunity”?

I have not had COVID, but this weekend I was waking through the kitchen while my wife was sprinkling spices into stock, and they made me sneeze twice. Close call but I made it through ok.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Do any of you COVID survivors feel marginalized because your natural immunity is not being acknowledged as equivalent or better than vaccine “immunity”?

Absolutely.

Dale
Yes they try to make you feel like crap.

I have lost the taste of salt some,things just don't taste salty enough now.

But that's ok because they have said that to much salt might make you feel bad. grin
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Wife and I had it over Labor Day weekend. Fully recovered. I can say the worst part of it was making me feel tired.
I talked to a guy.on a hiking trail who had had it. Upscale Mexican National looked to be about 50. Said he’d been hospitalized with it but that his wife had suffered only mild symptoms.

IIRC had was about two months post-episode, said he was still short of breath. Also reported symptoms like you, said anything with alcohol in it tasted rancid.
I work for a fairly large organization, close to 1000 employees. New covid policies come out weekly. It's some really arbitrary crap. Stuff like how you have to quarantine so many days if you've been exposed so many minutes.

The funniest part is that my little group of15 people are exempt from the policy.

Why? Because no one can temporarily replace us and overtime would go through the roof.
Yep, some guys I know that have had it, have some bad lung/ breathing complications.

The funniest part is that my little group of15 people are exempt from the policy.

Why? Because no one can temporarily replace us and overtime would go through the roof.

That is priceless...

Essential Workers MUST BE PROTECTED by being exempted from the Company's very own Life and Safety Mandates.

Yes. But slowly my taste is returning to normal.
Posted in this thread earlier and had not had it yet. Caught it in late august, not long after posting about my fear of losing taste and/or smell (Executive Chef). Yep, lost smell and taste entirely for over a week. Taste starting coming back first and then smell. Slowly. Little by little. I was only out of work for a couple
Days because my other symptoms were so mild. No fever. A little runny nose. Kind of tired and aching but in my line of work at 50 I always feel like that. The sensory loss sucked and was very startling. Couldn’t taste how to season the food I was preparing, not good. Oh well, I got it back pretty fully after about two weeks. Nothing tastes different or ‘off’ or other than it should now, but, my sense of smell is only maybe 85 or 90% of what it once was. Enough to notice.
I will have to post after Wednesday.. I have never had a test, but required now because I am going under anesthesia Friday for a heart procedure.

Bummer because I have deer hunt that was suppose to start Saturday and almost everyone on the farm where I would be hunting has or had Covid.

As bad a my lungs feel and the continual pain from arthritis,I doubt I could tell if I had it or not
© 24hourcampfire