Home
Posted By: rockinbbar Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
More particularly, AG Garland...

They were spreading Covid throughout Texas with their transportation of infected wetbacks, so Abbott issued an order stopping that.

And once again, our own federal govt sides with illegals over US citizens. (The Obama Admin sued AZ when they tried to stop the invasion on their borders previously.)

People need to wake up and smell the shat! mad

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...bott-order-restricting-transportation-of

Attorney General Merrick Garland made good on a threat to sue the state of Texas, filing a lawsuit Friday challenging an executive order from Gov. Greg Abbott (R) that limits nongovernmental organizations from transporting migrants from the southern border.

The Wednesday order from Abbott effectively made it illegal to transport undocumented immigrants in a car, under the guise of preventing the pandemic's spread.

It bars anyone other than federal, state or local law enforcement from transporting migrants back to the border — something Garland warned in a Thursday letter would impede border officials' ability to contract with various groups, while civil rights groups said it would lead to racial profiling.

“As part of the execution of U.S. immigration laws, there are a variety of circumstances in which noncitizens must be transported between locations,” the Department of Justice wrote in its brief, noting that noncitizens “need transportation, frequently through privately arranged travel by bus or rail.”

The Justice Department argues Abbott’s order violates the supremacy clause of the Constitution and “directly interferes with the administration of federal immigration law,” asking the court to nullify it.

“The order would jeopardize the health and safety of noncitizens in federal government custody, federal law enforcement personnel and their families, and our communities,” Garland wrote Thursday.

Abbott has sought to justify the order, arguing that transporting migrants poses a COVID-19 threat within Texas.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
I believe it’s way passed time for us to do what’s right for us.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

If we don't, what kind of country are we leaving for our grandkids?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
Keep poking the bear.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
Starting to smell the stench that is Garland..

And the Magic Negro standing behind him whispering in his ear..
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
Originally Posted by ironbender
Keep poking the bear.

Seems to be their foolish intent, ib.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
Many think that it issue of slavery was paramount in the Secession of Texas. One of the other prime factors was Washington’s ignoring the issue with the warring Native Americans, but also the disregard for the border from Mexican bandits as well as Washington’s inability to protect American citizens from both!
Posted By: pete53 Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
get that Texas wall up ! then put shooters on the wall and give them the green light . Biden/Harris team of liberals are ruining America . i wish Texas would succeed from the Republic of America maybe people will then understand its time to rid ourselves of these dang liberals !
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think it is illegal for anyone other than law enforcement to haul illegals around Texas. Catholic charities helping illegals move to the US needs to stop. If they like them so much move them to the Vatican. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by pete53
get that Texas wall up ! then put shooters on the wall and give them the green light . Biden/Harris team of liberals are ruining America . i wish Texas would succeed from the Republic of America maybe people will then understand its time to rid ourselves of these dang liberals !

If Texas closes the border, there will be more deadly threats and actions from the north side of the border than from the south.

There's no way the govt would let Texas get by with that. They would kill as many as it took to keep the flow of illegals coming in, and to teach other states a "lesson".

Better not be looking just to Mexico. Because the real threat is in D.C.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

“As part of the execution of U.S. immigration laws,

What the F uck is this Bull S hit? They are not executing any of our immigration laws as it is!
Originally Posted by RJL53

What the F uck is this Bull S hit? They are not executing any of our immigration laws as it is!

Nor the US Constitution.

But we all know that there really is no Rule of Law now.

The only laws followed are by conservatives. The only ones enforced are against conservatives.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
I heard the Biden Admin will be issuing free Blaze Orange vests for the wetbacks at the border once deer firearms season starts.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
Originally Posted by RJL53

Nor the US Constitution.

But we all know that there really is no Rule of Law now.

The only laws followed are by conservatives. The only ones enforced are against conservatives.

Agreed, there is No rule of law.

Abbott needs to accept that fact and ignore any and all legal action, lawsuits and court orders coming from outside of Texas.

As you say, there is No Rule of Law, so time to act like it. Ignore DC and see what shakes out.

Think Biden will send in the US Military to Keep The Border OPEN.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
Fireballz,

What should the people do? I’ve heard you say no more marching in the streets asking them to stop

Bob
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
The nation-wrecking (((Merrick Garland))) shows his unloyalty to his host nation. Again, there's a damn good reason they were expelled from 109 nations on previous occasions....
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21

I second the motion.
Paul B.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 07/31/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We deal with this SCHITT, almost every day. Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21

These are not Mexicans, they come from China, Cuba, Brazil, the Dimmorats are planning on their vote, and you can be damn sure they will get it. Rio7
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21
So Biden is sending a flood of illegals to cross over the Border into TX? He must not know Texans very well
Posted By: TXLoader Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21
Simple.

All Abbott needs to do is declare Texas an immigration law enforcement sanctuary. The opposite of what Dems did to Trump when crafting their fashionable "immigration sanctuaries". Tell Merrick that any people or agency coming to Texas to attempt to prevent enforcement of immigration laws, will be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of Texas Law.

If the Federal government no longer follows the Rule of Law for all people, their input becomes criminal and should be regarded as Null and Void, just like every unConstitutional process ought to be.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21
Originally Posted by ironbender
Keep poking the bear.

And what?

The sheep will be getting on the boxcars saying "If we only had a leader".
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21
I've shed the terms Conservatard, Repuke and the like. I don't I identify with those terms any more.

What I always have been since my awakening when I was shocked Reagan signed the first amnesty bill without the promised immigration laws being change first. And really didn't understand at the time after feeling betrayed.

When asked my political affiliation now I pronounce Patriot.
Posted By: RL Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21
Originally Posted by RIO7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We deal with this SCHITT, almost every day. Rio7

The similarities of your second and third picture are very familiar. Rode fence 3 weeks ago looking for gaps from the rain and fixed more spots due to "someone" climbing the high fences. Since March we could have filled a grande roll off with the trash picked up. The gas pipeline is nothing but a main road to San Antonio. Don't like it but part of the way things are down here. And I split my time between DFW and Zapata so not in STX full time.
Posted By: El_CuCuy Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21
Many think that it issue of slavery was paramount in the Secession of Texas. One of the other prime factors was Washington’s ignoring the issue with the warring Native Americans, but also the disregard for the border from Mexican bandits as well as Washington’s inability to protect American citizens from both!

Slavery wasn’t the paramount issue? Texas was the only state to fight two wars to preserve slavery, and the only state to guarantee slavery in its constitution.

These are not Mexicans, they come from China, Cuba, Brazil, the Dimmorats are planning on their vote, and you can be damn sure they will get it. Rio7

Wonder how many Muslims are getting in too. 😡
Originally Posted by pete53

If Texas closes the border, there will be more deadly threats and actions from the north side of the border than from the south.

There's no way the govt would let Texas get by with that. They would kill as many as it took to keep the flow of illegals coming in, and to teach other states a "lesson".

Better not be looking just to Mexico. Because the real threat is in D.C.

Yep. Ole Hiden Biden better bring his “Nukes and F-15’s”

He’ll damn sure need em.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Several hundred Haitians in the Del Rio sector last week.

You know Muslims are coming in too...

And when they commit terrorist acts, the Biden Administration will blame guns and conservatives. mad
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Several hundred Haitians in the Del Rio sector last week.

You know Muslims are coming in too...

And when they commit terrorist acts, the Biden Administration will blame guns and conservatives. mad

Well of course. Biden’s supporting his Boss, The Halfican’s policy of supporting and financing Terrorists.

They need anther Mall or Synagogue Shooting by Muzzy’s to push for Gun Control. And Confiscation. 😡
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21
Originally Posted by El_CuCuy

Slavery wasn’t the paramount issue? Texas was the only state to fight two wars to preserve slavery, and the only state to guarantee slavery in its constitution.

I strongly suggest you go back and read both the Texas declaration of independence of 1836 as well as the Texas declaration of secession of 1861.

Btw, Texas wasn’t a state in 1836 unless you meant part of a state in Mexico. That was in essence the paramount cause for revolt in 1836. They wished to be a autonomous Mexican State. And they threw Austin in prison. Read up!

Posted By: TXLoader Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21

I strongly suggest you go back and read both the Texas declaration of independence of 1836 as well as the Texas declaration of secession of 1861.

Btw, Texas wasn’t a state in 1836 unless you meant part of a state in Mexico. That was in essence the paramount cause for revolt in 1836. They wished to be a autonomous Mexican State. And they threw Austin in prison. Read up!

Hmmm....finally someone who knows a little more Texas History than the DoE wants known. Gotta make sure the Anglos are cast in the evil light - just like the Mexican Government did in 1836, after Texas won independence.

Never mind all the Tejanos that started the ball rolling, and were more than half of the population at the time...it was them slavery-loving Anglos...

I get tired of hearing supposedly educated people repeating that last line, and thinking they have an intelligent grasp on Texas History.

And YES, Stephen F. Austin WAS jailed!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/01/21
Originally Posted by TXLoader

Hmmm....finally someone who knows a little more Texas History than the DoE wants known. Gotta make sure the Anglos are cast in the evil light - just like the Mexican Government did in 1836, after Texas won independence.

Never mind all the Tejanos that started the ball rolling, and were more than half of the population at the time...it was them slavery-loving Anglos...

I get tired of hearing supposedly educated people repeating that last line, and thinking they have an intelligent grasp on Texas History.

And YES, Stephen F. Austin WAS jailed!

Dumbases like that are educated far beyond their intelligence.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/02/21
Not only that! Remember the Fredonian rebellion? The militia from Villa de Austin (San Felipe) was Called out. (1827) and marched with the Mexican forces to put down the revolt!

Also

In 1832 Santa Anna was treated like a savior by the anglo inhabitants of Villa de Austin!!!! When he became a
Centralist was when things went down hill. Although he was elected to the office of president he did not serve. He left that up to the VP. Valentín Gómez Farías! Look him up. He was a pretty good fellow.

Santa Anna is worth a deep study if you have time!
Yes slavery was quite the issue in Texas. But it was not the only issue. The old Spanish/Mexican colonial caste system hung on tight with the ruling class. Blacks were looked down on. It’s like the reasons they were anti-slavery is for all the wrong reasons. They were anti-black. ( The same can be said for many American abolitionist). There were big enclaves of Hispanic blacks in like Yucatan. But they were Not treated well.

Personally I can see no difference in chattal slavery and peonage. Which was all the rage in Mexico.
Posted By: El_CuCuy Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/02/21
Kaywoodie,

Did I say something untrue, or even untoward? Texas fought a war against Mexico, and another against the United States to preserve slavery. Were other reasons given to dress up a document or two? Sure, but to say that Texian slave owners seceded over marauding Comanche, or Mexican bandits, respectfully, I can’t buy any part of that.

From the 1836 Constitution of the Republic of Texas:

SEC. 9. All persons of color who were slaves for life previous to their emigration to Texas, and who are now held in bondage, shall remain in the like state of servitude, provide the said slave shall be the bona fide property of the person so holding said slave as aforesaid. Congress shall pass no laws to prohibit emigrants from the United States of America from bringing their slaves into the Republic with them, and holding them by the same tenure by which such slaves were held in the United States; nor shall Congress have power to emancipate slaves; nor shall any slave-holder be allowed to emancipate his or her slave or slaves, without the consent of Congress, unless he or she shall send his or her slave or slaves without the limits of the Republic. No free person of African descent, either in whole or in part, shall be permitted to reside permanently in the Republic, without the consent of Congress, and the importation or admission of Africans or negroes into this Republic, excepting from the United States of America, is forever prohibited, and declared to be piracy.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/02/21
Kaywoodie,

Did I say something untrue, or even untoward? Texas fought a war against Mexico, and another against the United States to preserve slavery. We’re other reasons given to dress up a document or two? Sure, but to say that Texian slave owners seceded over marauding Comanche, or Mexican bandits, respectfully, I can’t buy any part of that.

SEC. 9. All persons of color who were slaves for life previous to their emigration to Texas, and who are now held in bondage, shall remain in the like state of servitude, provide the said slave shall be the bona fide property of the person so holding said slave as aforesaid. Congress shall pass no laws to prohibit emigrants from the United States of America from bringing their slaves into the Republic with them, and holding them by the same tenure by which such slaves were held in the United States; nor shall Congress have power to emancipate slaves; nor shall any slave-holder be allowed to emancipate his or her slave or slaves, without the consent of Congress, unless he or she shall send his or her slave or slaves without the limits of the Republic. No free person of African descent, either in whole or in part, shall be permitted to reside permanently in the Republic, without the consent of Congress, and the importation or admission of Africans or negroes into this Republic, excepting from the United States of America, is forever prohibited, and declared to be piracy.

Oh, I expect you must be reading the new book “Forget the Alamo”, latest tome from the Cancel Culture. Friend of mine is reading it, he says the first five chapters are about slavery.

IIRC the provisions re: Slavery were about like any Southern State at the time, including freed slaves having to leave the State. Worth noting those freed slaves had better not have been planning to move to Illinois, Mr Lincoln’s home state, because Black folks weren’t allowed to move there either.

Anyhoo... here’s the Texas Declaration of Independence as of March 2nd 1836... nary a word about slavery.....

https://www.tsl.texas.gov/treasures/republic/odeclar-01.html
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Kaywoodie,

Did I say something untrue, or even untoward? Texas fought a war against Mexico, and another against the United States to preserve slavery. We’re other reasons given to dress up a document or two? Sure, but to say that Texian slave owners seceded over marauding Comanche, or Mexican bandits, respectfully, I can’t buy any part of that.

Oh, I expect you must be reading the new book “Forget the Alamo”, latest tome from the Cancel Culture. Friend of mine is reading it, he says the first five chapters are about slavery.

IIRC the provisions re: Slavery were about like any Southern State at the time, including freed slaves having to leave the State. Worth noting those freed slaves had better not have been planning to move to Illinois, Mr Lincoln’s home state, because freed slaves weren’t allowed to move there either.

Anyhoo... here’s the Texas Declaration of Independence as of March 2nd 1836... nary a word about slavery.....

Yep. Probably gets all his “Woke” Revisionist History BS from the Commie DemoRat’s.
Posted By: add Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/02/21
Kaywoodie,

A smart fella best not challenge K-Wood, Birdy or a few others here on Texas history.

wink
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Biden Admin Sues Texas - 08/02/21
Originally Posted by add
Kaywoodie,

A smart fella best not challenge K-Wood, Birdy or a few others here on Texas history.

wink

She's not smart. Just parroting the narrative that everything revolved around slavery.

It's getting tired, that subject is. sick
People forget the horrific brutality Santa Anna represented.

As a young Lieutenant he had participated on the Spanish side in the First Texas Revolution wherein 1,000 Americans and 500 Tejanos united to fight for Texas independence from Spain. In the aftermath of the Battle of Medina (August 18th, 1813) several hundred, possibly as many as 900 American and Tejano prisoners were executed on the battlefield, some being tortured with fire first to reveal the names of co-conspirators.

Arriving in San Antonio after the battle Arredondo, the Spanish General, imprisoned almost all the 2,000 Tejano inhabitants, handing the women and girls over to his 1,800 man army. Ten prisoners were executed every day for a month, 300 total, their heads put on pikes around the town plaza.

IIRC Santa Anna, lauded for his enthusiasm by Arredondo, was with the detachment sent up the Camino Real to Nacodoches with orders to execute every man and youth they came across that couldn’t prove they had always been loyal to Spain, executing another 100 Tejano men and youths.

Nothing remotely comparable to this campaign occurred anywhere else in our history.

Twenty two years later, 1835, the new Presidente Santa Ana abolished the admirable Mexican Constitution of 1824, sparking a civil war. 1835 El Presidente was preoccupied slaughtering his fellow Mexicans in order to stay in power, including thousands of civilians when he turned his army loose of the city of Zazatecas.

By the time Santa Ana arrives in Texas in February of 1836, none of all this is news to the Texians. No surprise this butcher summarily executed more than 300 men of the Texian Army at Goliad after they had surrendered under promise of good treatment.

Yep, it was about slavery alright crazy
Kaywoodie,

IIRC the provisions re: Slavery were about like any Southern State at the time, including freed slaves having to leave the State. Worth noting those freed slaves had better not have been planning to move to Illinois, Mr Lincoln’s home state, because Black folks weren’t allowed to move there either.

And not only was the declaration printed for the masses in English, but also in Spanish!

Those racist bastids!
Kaywoodie,

And not only was the declaration printed for the masses in English, but also in Spanish!

Those racist bastids!

And whether you like it or not, slavery was a legal institution in the USA. Why wouldn’t Texas go ahead and codify the question?

There was no military campaign against the natives or the marauding mexicans performed by US Troops between 1845 and 1860. Matter of fact the 2nd US Cav was pulled out of Texas for Utah in 1858.

The antelope creek campaign of 1858 was conducted by Texas forces.
Birdy,

I believe its pretty common knowledge now that even tho freed slaves were "not allowed" to live in Texas, they were actually everywhere. I don’t believe they really started hammering hard on this until the late 50’s, early 60’s.

It also appears that if one does any research they will find that the Mexican govt. tolerated chattel slavery for years. All way up to the revolution. It seems that everytime the question of came up amongst
Mexican officials the slaves were simply written off as indentured servants. This happened time and time again. As I stated earlier peonage was the norm in Mexico.

The reason they tolerated slavery was because someone was making them money!!!
There's a Mexican city in Coahuila state called Nacimiento de los Negros (Birthplace of the Blacks).

It's a village founded by blacks escaping slavery. It's still there.

The Mexicans allowed them there, but they were hated, and despised. The blacks were known to be thieves and outlaws, and often shot on sight when caught on ranches away from the village.

As "racist" as it sounds, I personally witnessed the scorn from Mexicans towards these people, and heard many tales of them being caught stealing, or butchering cattle, and being summarily executed on the spot... This was the 1990's. Not 1800's. crazy
Ya well, if ya ask me that durned New Yorker Deaf Smith was a notorious miscegenationist, marrying as he did a young Tejana widowed mother of three daughters. Ruiz clan, vaqueros, living right by Mission San Jose

To top it off he lets his stepdaughter marry a Black guy called Hendrick Arnold AND goes buffalo hunting with the guy way the heck out in the sticks, Comanches be damned. OK so Hendrick Arnold’s own previous daughter by a slave woman was technically also his slave. Not exactly sure of the specifics, prob’ly was all for the best at the time....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaf_Smith

https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/arnold-hendrick

Anyhow, both these guys contributed more than most to the Texian cause.

Remember Jarred Groce from the lower Brazos plantation. 1820’s. . He had all 40 of his male "slaves" well mounted and well armed with firelocks to counter the local karankawa and attackapaw.

Slaves with arms!!! How diabolical!!!

That was against the law!!!!
Remember Jarred Groce from the lower Brazos plantation. 1820’s. . He had all 40 of his male "slaves" well mounted and well armed with firelocks to counter the local karankawa and attackapaw.

grin

Yet our current president still wants to outlaw those evil weapons.
Those who won't learn from history, etc,etc.
© 24hourcampfire