Home
Posted By: IA_fog Generac vs craftsman generator - 08/01/21
Ok generac 8000 watt vs craftsman 8000 watt
Both electric start craftsman has a brigs generac has a generac brand motor’
Craftsman a few hundred cheaper
Is it as good as the generac? Heard the smaller craftsman were made by generac?
Thanks
About a horse apiece.
these days i would not buy anything with the craftsman name that costs more than 100 bucks or so.
Craftsman’s the new “skil”.

Generac’s aren’t what they were either though. We use generators (3 or more) daily. Last a year or two and either get stolen or they’re trashed. Usually motors start burning a bunch of oil and we deal with it til they quit putting out juice. Thrown them in the dumpster snd buy another. You have crews of guys that could care less about routine maintenance so it is what it is. Had probably 12 generacs in the last 10 years. Have a few “Cat” now, probably same thing with yellow paint.

Home Depot used to have ridgid with Yamaha motors, they were damn good for the price.
Watch Costco, every once in a while they’ll have one with a Honda GX motor.

Generac will cut off your fingers.

The best deals out there right now are the Champions at Tractor Supply.

Whichever one you decide to invest-in ..... make sure it puts out pure sine waves out of its inverter.

The small Champions last longer and can be run in series.
[Linked Image from shop.harborfreight.com]
My only experience with Generac was at work. We had a 3k, if I remember right. When we needed it, the gen head wouldn't work and it was out of warranty. They didn't sell parts, repair shops couldn't get them, and we ended up trashing it.
© 24hourcampfire