Home
From 13$/share to 100$/share.

Desperation move to remain relevant.
Mature company with no earnings.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Mature company with no earnings.

Truth.
The covid really hurt their jet engine division and Immelt was a idiot.

The new CEO is shedding load and dogs and is trying to focus on core businesses.
With ’sar-chasm’ ,,,,,I’d have to say that, from the reverse split, GE’s earnings per share will look a hell of a lot better .
GE is a perfect example of why I pretty much refuse to buy single company stocks.
At one time GE was the do no wrong golden child and the must-have for investors, now it's the complete opposite.
Working for a competitor of GE, we are facing globally similar challenges.

I can't speak to their more industrial divisions but they've really dropped the ball on quality in regards to their consumer divisions.

They used to have a policy to be no worse than #2 in the marketplace of whatever they were involved in. Somewhere that mindset left.

Another issue is here locally, they have zero employee loyalty. Constantly laying off, hiring, laying off, hiring.....

I sold my GE stock in 2010.
Originally Posted by KFWA

I can't speak to their more industrial divisions but they've really dropped the ball on quality in regards to their consumer divisions.

They used to have a policy to be no worse that #2 in the marketplace of whatever they were involved in. Somewhere that mindset left.

Another issue is here locally, they have zero employee loyalty. Constantly laying off, hiring, laying off, hiring.....

Jack Welch was a hard act to follow.
Posted By: las Re: General Electric Reverse Split - 08/02/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

They used to have a policy to be no worse that #2 in the marketplace of whatever they were involved in. Somewhere that mindset left.

It ain't the job they do, it's the salary, perks, and bonuses they drag down. Fook the employees and customers. We won't buy GE products anymore and haven't in over a decade.
Originally Posted by las

It ain't the job they do, it's the salary, perks, and bonuses they drag down. Fook the employees and customers. We won't buy GE products anymore and haven't in over a decade.

The public consumer products mostly come from China same as other big producers.

Back in the 90s GE ran a ‘what if scenario ‘ of what it would mean to their bottom line selling only one light bulb to every Chinese household.
That number was boggling. They went on to exponentiate what a dormitory sized refrigerator would mean.

If you’re gonna dream, dream big. And that’s all it amounted to.
I remember, Ronald Regan,and," Progress is our most important product."
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I remember, Ronald Regan,and," Progress is our most important product."

Wabi, now we’ve got reversed progress.
laugh I also member sending sending cash bills to the head office at Schenectady New York for some wire.

They returned the cash, and recommend a dealer in Omaha.

Welch started most of the problems by turning GE from an industrial company into mostly a bank and insurance company. Selling long term care policies was an easy way to juice the bottom line if you needed to a little help to hit your quarterly numbers. The long term care business has been a financial disaster for the company. Two Jet Jeff Immelt didn't help matters any and had the worst instincts I ever seen in a CEO. I think the current CEO is doing the right things but you don't turn a ship that size very fast. I worked for GE for 5 years and the executive group think and absolute focus on quarterly financial numbers was incredible.
Welch was the king of Ponzi scheme and Sarbanes-Oxley made sure it did not continue. Stock price at all cost was the battle cry and all other CEO's followed.
Sometimes I wonder if shutting production down for 18 months might have been a bad idea.
Bought a new GE chest freezer Monday. It’s still running. Fingers crossed.
© 24hourcampfire