Home
Posted By: steve4102 No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
Democrat Illinois Gov. Signs Bill Criminalizing Private Gun Sales

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ns-bill-criminalizing-private-gun-sales/
Shocked it took this long
You vote them in. This is what you get. Hasbeen
Good news! That Pritzker sure am smart. Now black on black homicides in Chicago will immediately drop to ZERO...not.
It is all California's Fault
I have to be the first one to say it this time.
Actually, its not a ban on private gun sales, The law requires all gun sales including private ones go through a background check.

How are all those folks in Chicago going to get guns now? crazy
Jim, nobody but an FFL can do background checks, so the law is in effect a ban on private sales.

Not that it will have any effect whatsoever on barstool and alley gun sales.
Now what are the groids going to do? Not one thing different!!! More stupid BS that will not make one bit of difference.
Oregon has been in the same boat for the last couple years. I recently asked our LGS how many private exchanges they brokered in the last year. Might one want to make a guess?

Zero. Pretty much being ignored.

I never sell anything, so it's a non issue to me.
It is in the twisted mentality of liberal politicians that the way to stop people from ignoring laws is to pass another law.
Welcome to colorado
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It is in the twisted mentality of liberal politicians that the way to stop people from ignoring laws is to pass another law.

Liberals are the most easily gulled, easily manipulated people on earth.

L.W.
Here we go. Just last week Shyster lawyers sue Remington out of existence. Today, no more private sales in Illinois.
The Libs can't just eliminate the Second Amendment. They just chip away, a little here, a little there. Give them 20 more years and it is scary to think what will have happened.
So now people with dangerous histories won't be able to get guns........
Posted By: ingwe Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Actually, its not a ban on private gun sales, The law requires all gun sales including private ones go through a background check.

Gee, I hope nobody 'forgets' to run the check.

" Yeah, I bought the gun wayyyyy before this bill came into effect"....

Yep, this'll REALLY bring down the crime numbers......
As if I needed another reason to never go there.

ill noise

For farm country, they sure are cursed with liberal "values."
A so called "Baptist" pastor from there moved to West Virginia when I was a young man. He did his best to try to talk his people out of buying handguns. I don't know if that's typical of Ill noise preachers, but a WV Baptist would tell men it's their biblical duty to arm in self defense.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
So now people with dangerous histories won't be able to get guns........

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
That is the best joke of the day so far.

How is that not a ban on CTC / FTF gun sales?

Dumb fugk.
Posted By: JeffP Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
Originally Posted by ingwe

Gee, I hope nobody 'forgets' to run the check.

" Yeah, I bought the gun wayyyyy before this bill came into effect"....

Yep, this'll REALLY bring down the crime numbers......

With Every law passed and tax enacted , activity declines.
This is nothing more than incrementalism marching on.
And with every succeeding generation , the memory of that freedom flickers a little more until it’s out.
Posted By: pete53 Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
so the outlaws and illegals that have guns illegal what`s the government going to do with these thugs ? take their color Crayons and coloring books away ?
Strangely, there is more evidence that this law will reduce gun violence than evidence of widespread fraud in the 2020 election.
Posted By: JeffP Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
Originally Posted by Eric308
Strangely, there is more evidence that this law will reduce gun violence than evidence of widespread fraud in the 2020 election.

For posterity
Steve4102: Bottom line is, we, as Americans, need to be more careful who WE vote into office.
Thank you God for my status as a Montanan.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Like all gun laws, it's against the law abiding citizen, not criminals. What % of the shootings in Chicago this year have been with legal guns?
Posted By: CCCC Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
Truly strange would be for you to even imagine that your post would have an iota of credence or influence among thinking and caring people. Your number 335 is duly noted.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
That's basically how Nevada is with an exception for transferring to family.
Posted By: CCCC Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
If the intent of the politicians in IL were to decrease violence - even gun violence - this would be a a stupid and useless law. Their intent is something else..
Originally Posted by NVhntr
That's basically how Nevada is with an exception for transferring to family.

Same with Washington
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

How are all those folks in Chicago going to get guns now? crazy

Same as always. Steal them. 😬

Stick to sucking COCK.

LOL
Huzzah!!! Crime is solved.
Posted By: NoDak Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
Originally Posted by steve4102
Democrat Illinois Gov. Signs Bill Criminalizing Private Gun Sales

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ns-bill-criminalizing-private-gun-sales/

Looks like a case that should head to the Supreme Court.

It's BS.
Posted By: MAC Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
How will they know if a private sale happens face to face for cash? Unless they have a full list of every serial number then how would anyone know a transaction happened? Or what about someone driving across the state line to Indiana and doing the sale there? This is an unenforceable law and will be overturned as unconstitutional.
Posted By: ingwe Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
Originally Posted by MAC
How will they know if a private sale happens face to face for cash?

This is how liberals do things....they pass a law, feel all warm and fuzzy and know in their hearts people will fully comply because " It's a law...."

Then they go on to the next useless POS or intrusion into your rights.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Jim, nobody but an FFL can do background checks, so the law is in effect a ban on private sales.

Not that it will have any effect whatsoever on barstool and alley gun sales.

Yep, the alley sales will skyrocket now! Such a good law!
Originally Posted by MAC
How will they know if a private sale happens face to face for cash? Unless they have a full list of every serial number then how would anyone know a transaction happened? Or what about someone driving across the state line to Indiana and doing the sale there? This is an unenforceable law and will be overturned as unconstitutional.

I thought handgun sales had to be done within state of residence.
Now the criminals will have all the guns and be able to sell them too.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by MAC
How will they know if a private sale happens face to face for cash?

This is how liberals do things....they pass a law, feel all warm and fuzzy and know in their hearts people will fully comply because " It's a law...."

Then they go on to the next useless POS or intrusion into your rights.

PREZACTLY !
God bless Illinois. There are a few good people there
Originally Posted by JeffP

For posterity

If you quoted everything that he said that was stupid Rick would have to shut the place down due to lack of storage space.
Originally Posted by MAC

This is step 1. Step 2 is mandatory registration so they can keep track.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by MAC

This is step 1. Step 2 is mandatory registration so they can keep track.

Chitcago already has Gun Registration.

http://www.chicagogunowners.com/category/how-to-register-a-gun-in-chicago/

For posterity

Here's another.

Even Limbaugh gets it. Michigan just certified Biden's legitimate win. The incompetent narcissist's assault on democracy is just about finished, and sanity is set to return to the White House. In regards to "confiscations," the AR15 is a soulless weapon for feckless people.

Another,

If there were ANY doubt as to the underlying mentality that fuels this board, this thread should put it to rest. The hatred of Obama, the embracing of Trump, etc. has its roots almost exclusively in racism. Just look at the offensive terms used here. Makes me sick. My time in the Air Force, college, grad school, etc. long since cured me of any of this dribble. No wonder Trump is a cult leader to the poorly-educated, less-traveled, and less successful.

Yet Another,

Actually no. If Rittenhouse hadn't been playing cop and had not been in a place he had no business being, his life wouldn't be ruined. Sometimes stupid hurts.

Second to last,

The gun owner of the past went to the back 40 with Dad or later his son with the Model 12, or later the 870 in tow. He might have had a 70 or 700 for that yearly trip out west, a .22 rifle for whatever and maybe a .22 pistol for coon hunting. He realized that needing a gun for two-legged varmints was a once in several lifetimes event, so he didn't much think about it. If he did, maybe he had a Smith or Colt .38 or if he was a real hombre, a 1911.

Today the back 40 is a subdivision or leased up tight, either way the quail were gone long before. Dad's gone on to his reward while the son lives a good life in the city, realizing there are no good Thai places in Schittsville, let alone good paying jobs.

Meanwhile back in Schittsville, Cletus is just about ready to buy his tenth AR and ten-thousandth round of 5.56 to get ready for the collapse/apocalypse/race war that Alex Jones says is just around the corner. Cletus just hopes he can stay awake on the drive to the gun store after working two doubles at the pork processing plant.

And that my friends is the modern firearms industry and culture in a nutshell.

Last one,

I'm voting for Biden,
That should show the gangbangers we’re really serious now and…..We mean it, we really, really mean it this time. 🤬
Originally Posted by 12344mag

For posterity

Here's another.

Even Limbaugh gets it. Michigan just certified Biden's legitimate win. The incompetent narcissist's assault on democracy is just about finished, and sanity is set to return to the White House. In regards to "confiscations," the AR15 is a soulless weapon for feckless people.

Another,

If there were ANY doubt as to the underlying mentality that fuels this board, this thread should put it to rest. The hatred of Obama, the embracing of Trump, etc. has its roots almost exclusively in racism. Just look at the offensive terms used here. Makes me sick. My time in the Air Force, college, grad school, etc. long since cured me of any of this dribble. No wonder Trump is a cult leader to the poorly-educated, less-traveled, and less successful.

Yet Another,

Actually no. If Rittenhouse hadn't been playing cop and had not been in a place he had no business being, his life wouldn't be ruined. Sometimes stupid hurts.

Second to last,

The gun owner of the past went to the back 40 with Dad or later his son with the Model 12, or later the 870 in tow. He might have had a 70 or 700 for that yearly trip out west, a .22 rifle for whatever and maybe a .22 pistol for coon hunting. He realized that needing a gun for two-legged varmints was a once in several lifetimes event, so he didn't much think about it. If he did, maybe he had a Smith or Colt .38 or if he was a real hombre, a 1911.

Today the back 40 is a subdivision or leased up tight, either way the quail were gone long before. Dad's gone on to his reward while the son lives a good life in the city, realizing there are no good Thai places in Schittsville, let alone good paying jobs.

Meanwhile back in Schittsville, Cletus is just about ready to buy his tenth AR and ten-thousandth round of 5.56 to get ready for the collapse/apocalypse/race war that Alex Jones says is just around the corner. Cletus just hopes he can stay awake on the drive to the gun store after working two doubles at the pork processing plant.

And that my friends is the modern firearms industry and culture in a nutshell.

Last one,

I'm voting for Biden,

This Eric308 is real winner- true blue Democrap and lover of Marxism, I guess...
Posted By: Papag Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/03/21
For those who joke and laugh at this commie state, a few serious facts. The Gun Dealer licensing act eliminated half, HALF, the licensed dealers in the state. The police reform act weakened the cops rights and eliminated most cash bail. These POS laws now make virtually any gun owner a borderline criminal. "Ease the FOID process". B.S. Cut licences time in half. Pure unadulterated B.S. Fogk this state.
Posted By: MAC Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/04/21
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by MAC

You thought wrong. You can only buy one through an FFL in your state of residence. But a private sale is different.
Posted By: MAC Re: No More Private Sales in IL - 08/04/21

Were you born dumb or did you have to work at it?
The coming battlefield is steadily approaching your doorstep, yet most are failing to recognize it.
Needs to be a way for all the essential product producers and the food producers to keep their wares ( ptoducts) from making it to the big cities of these liberal F...and let them die on the street down in the street
Originally Posted by MAC

You’re an idiot
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by MAC

You thought wrong. You can only buy one through an FFL in your state of residence. But a private sale is different.

You thought wrong.
Out of State Private sales must go through an FFL.

4. May I lawfully transfer a firearm to an individual who resides in a different State? What if the individual resides within the same State?

Under Federal law, an unlicensed individual is prohibited from transferring a firearm to an individual who does not reside in the State where the transferee resides. Generally, for a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of State, the firearm must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) within the recipient’s State of residence. He or she may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check. More information can be obtained on the ATF website at www.atf.gov and http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html. The GCA provides an exception from this prohibition for temporary loans or rentals of firearms for lawful sporting purposes. For example, a friend visiting you may borrow a firearm from you to go hunting. Another exception is provided for transfers of firearms to nonresidents to carry out a lawful bequest or acquisition by intestate succession. This exception would authorize the transfer of a firearm to a nonresident who inherits a firearm under a will or by State law upon death of the owner. See 18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(5)(A).

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0813-firearms-top-12-qaspdf/download

Oh, and you’re an idiot
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Steve4102: Bottom line is, we, as Americans, need to be more careful who WE vote into office.
Thank you God for my status as a Montanan.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

To late for that, WE no longer elect people to office, they are “selected” by others.

The Ballot Box is Dead.
© 24hourcampfire