Home
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — At least four ships off the coast of the United Arab Emirates broadcast warnings Tuesday that they had lost control of their steering under unclear circumstances as authorities reported “an incident” was underway in the area.

It wasn’t immediately clear what was happening off the coast of Fujairah in the Gulf of Oman.

The vessels — oil tankers called Queen Ematha, the Golden Brilliant, Jag Pooja and Abyss — announced around the same time via their Automatic Identification System trackers that they were “not under command,” according to MarineTraffic.com. That typically means a vessel has lost power and can no longer steer.

more details at 11
I wonder, are these ships "fly-by-wire"? Can their control systems be jammed remotely? Are they connected to the internet and hackable?
Thats how Space Force put Hilrys Evergreen Ship into the bank in the Suez Drink.
Originally Posted by persiandog
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — At least four ships off the coast of the United Arab Emirates broadcast warnings Tuesday that they had lost control of their steering under unclear circumstances as authorities reported “an incident” was underway in the area.

It wasn’t immediately clear what was happening off the coast of Fujairah in the Gulf of Oman.

The vessels — oil tankers called Queen Ematha, the Golden Brilliant, Jag Pooja and Abyss — announced around the same time via their Automatic Identification System trackers that they were “not under command,” according to MarineTraffic.com. That typically means a vessel has lost power and can no longer steer.

more details at 11

Other sources are reporting that not under control means hijacked
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-UAE-just-days-Iranian-strike-Gulf.html

Oil tanker in 'non-piracy incident' off coast of UAE just days after Iranian kamikaze drone strike in the Gulf
United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations reported a 'non-piracy incident'
The Royal Navy affiliated agency said incident involved tanker off coast of UAE
No further information regarding the vessel or vessels involved was provided
Comes just days after an oil tanker was struck by a kamikaze drone off Oman
Britain, Israel and the US blamed Iran for the strike that left two dead
By ROSS IBBETSON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 11:41 EDT, 3 August 2021 | UPDATED: 11:51 EDT, 3 August 2021

More at link but hard to cut and paste
EMP knocking out electronics ????

Sounds like Iran is slogging thier dick around now that Trump is out of of office and MR potato head won't do anything.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Thats how Space Force put Hilrys Evergreen Ship into the bank in the Suez Drink.

Ok, I'll bite...why would they have wanted to do that?
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Ok, I'll bite...why would they have wanted to do that?

Major attack on trade, China benefits.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Oil tanker in 'non-piracy incident' off coast of UAE just days after Iranian kamikaze drone strike in the Gulf

4 ships out of control at the same time is a world class story that would be carried by all the major news outlets that are not touching this story.

That said Fox now says that 2 ships are involved

So either they were hijacked or someone is targeting rudders
something is about to happen!!!

I agree, time to inventory the toilet paper supply and maybe pick up a wider variety of hot sauces to go with all the beans and rice stored up.
Originally Posted by Dustyone

4 ships out of control at the same time is a world class story that would be carried by all the major news outlets that are not touching this story.

Drones with the capability of torpedoing a rudder doesn't seem too far fetched.

I'll take a wild assed guess that even "fly by wire" type ships have some sort of manual control. I'd doubt their insurance companies would allow otherwise.
All about raising the cost of oil, nothing else.
Scrapers will steel anything
What is the Recycle Value of those Rutter's
They could have tookem in the middle of the night when everyone was sleeping.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Drones with the capability of torpedoing a rudder doesn't seem too far fetched.

I'll take a wild assed guess that even "fly by wire" type ships have some sort of manual control. I'd doubt their insurance companies would allow otherwise.

Would have to be a marine drone and only a few countries are equipped with that. This story does not make sense as reported
Would not an air drone, similar to ones used by out military to take out terrorist vehicles and "wedding parties, be capable of carrying a small torpedo instead of an air to ground missile?

Is it far fetched to think Iran or one of the other players over there has that type of system? Perhaps not as sophisticated as US models, but damage to a rudder could be performed?
Originally Posted by funshooter

Top notch post thank you!
Or - given the op tempo most ships and shipping companies have been on the last 18 months - maintenance was deferred and it just broke.

Lots of old iron pressed into service to take advantage of shipping rates lately.
Originally Posted by Teal
Or - given the op tempo most ships and shipping companies have been on the last 18 months - maintenance was deferred and it just broke.

Lots of old iron pressed into service to take advantage of shipping rates lately.

4 ships just broke at the same time in the same area? If this is true the 5th fleet is on scene now, not that we would know or they would say. That all said this seems to be ringing not what is being said.

But hey it's fun playing army anyway, right?

I agree, time to inventory the toilet paper supply and maybe pick up a wider variety of hot sauces to go with all the beans and rice stored up.
Originally Posted by funshooter

Yeah! Whoever had mail buoy watch should have nailed em!!
Originally Posted by Teal

4 ships just broke at the same time in the same area? If this is true the 5th fleet is on scene now, not that we would know

Not saying that's what DID happen - it is a possibility. 2000 companies operate ships in the area. If it was only 1 ship per company, .002% with a maintenance issue on any given day seems to be rather low actually.
Israel issued a threat.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-...act-alone-against-iran-over-ship-attack/
Funshooter are the Scrapers going to scrape the rudders off? Wouldn't that take a long time? Someone should hear that before dawn. Metal against metal? Be Well, and learn how to spell and English syntax so we can understand what you are trying to say. It could have been a slight chuckle. RZ.

Israel PM Bennett: Israel Can ‘Act Alone’ Against Iran over Ship Attack

translation : this is inevitable

Yea

Gas fixin to hit $5

Israel can not act alone as one small bomb can destroy the entire country
Would not an air drone, similar to ones used by out military to take out terrorist vehicles and "wedding parties, be capable of carrying a small torpedo instead of an air to ground missile?

Is it far fetched to think Iran or one of the other players over there has that type of system? Perhaps not as sophisticated as US models, but damage to a rudder could be performed?

Yes, I strongly suspect large UAVs could utilize torpedoes, like submarine hunter helicopters and planes can. However, I'm not sure how feasible targeting the rudder or propulsion of an oil tanker would be with a torpedo from a drone, and I don't think torpedoes are the first choice of weapon against oil tankers, at least ones full of oil. An "empty" tanker (i.e., full of volatile vapors instead of liquid) would be vulnerable to a torpedo, though.
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

Yes, I strongly suspect large UAVs could utilize torpedoes, like submarine hunter helicopters and planes can. However, I'm not sure how feasible targeting the rudder or propulsion of an oil tanker would be with a torpedo from a drone, and I don't think torpedoes are the first choice of weapon against oil tankers, at least ones full of oil. An "empty" tanker (i.e., full of volatile vapors instead of liquid) would be vulnerable to a torpedo, though.

There are underwater drones as well and magnetic mines are hardly new

Israel is small, but it isn't that small. However, a single high yield device dropped on Tel Aviv would be devastating, just like that happening to any other nation's capital would be.

Israel is small, but it isn't that small. However, a single high yield device dropped on Tel Aviv would be devastating, just like that happening to any other nation's capital would be.

No need to drop the bomb as it can be driven to the border and still be devastating
Yes, but wouldn't a mine be even less likely to damage steering or propulsion than an aimed torpedo? The front of a full oil tanker isn't nearly as vulnerable to an underwater explosion from a torpedo or mine as most ships are.
Wonder if they're missing Trump yet?
Originally Posted by slumlord

Yea

Gas fixin to hit $5

Premium was $4.37 here last night
Yes, but wouldn't a mine be even less likely to damage steering or propulsion than an aimed torpedo? The front of a full oil tanker isn't nearly as vulnerable to an underwater explosion from a torpedo or mine as most ships are.

You can deposit a magnetic mine by drone with greater ease than deploying them in the historical fashion

This doesn't make any sense. If Israel did not act alone a nuke could still be devastating. Okay. They and everyone else knows they are small geographically and vulnerable for that reason. They are vulnerable all the time. That is their life.

Israel has multiple nuclear devices along with the ability to deliver them to their enemies in the middle east.

Everyone in the middle east plays the same game constantly. Tit for tat gambling a major escalation will never occur.

It would appear, if the OP contains facts, that if the 4 ships are not under control, the object might not have been to destroy the ships.

Targeting a rudder would seem to be a relatively easy thing to do. It's not like their location is hidden. If a air to surface missile can contain enough explosive material to destroy a vehicle, a relatively small "torpedo" could likely contain enough to damage a rudder..

All this is speculation of course, given we (I) don't know much other than that in the OP. If true, 4 ships no longer capable of controlled navigation would be an odd occurrence for sure. No matter what the method of disabling their controls.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Yea

Gas fixin to hit $5

Premium was $4.37 here last night

That's about the price of regular at the town stations. The Rez station is $0.40 cheaper or so.
World wide oil market speculators having a field day with this.
Milking fear for all the can squeeze outta it.

Iran, Russia, and China making bank as the price goes up.
Everyone else cha ching also with their nice fat stock portfolio,s with the inside scoop beforehand......

Benjamins....

While we pay for it at the pump........

A sheik farting in East Timor makes the market go up.

All these events in the Gulf are a big event to drive up price.

Thanks EO Joey for killing off our North American Oil independence for all your buds you bend over too worldwide......

Coksukka,s.........

It would appear, if the OP contains facts, that if the 4 ships are not under control, the object might not have been to destroy the ships.

Targeting a rudder would seem to be a relatively easy thing to do. It's not like their location is hidden. If a air to surface missile can contain enough explosive material to destroy a vehicle, a relatively small "torpedo" could likely contain enough to damage a rudder..

All this is speculation of course, given we (I) don't know much other than that in the OP. If true, 4 ships no longer capable of controlled navigation would be an odd occurrence for sure. No matter what the method of disabling their controls.

Under water drones.....
Probably aint even gotta be explosive..

Mechanical something or other.
Electronic something or other stays attached to the hull sends out overload of current or signal to steering gear controls just inside the hull by the rudder area???
After it has done its job.
Simply falls off and goes to the bottom.
Or goes back to base....

Probably Chinese schitt...
Wouldnt put it past them...
Wouldnt put anything past what the chinese can invent or steal for tech.

Hell for all we know.
The tech might have come from us by being stolen...

All just speculation on my part....
Originally Posted by OldHat

This doesn't make any sense. If Israel did not act alone a nuke could still be devastating. Okay. They and everyone else knows they are small geographically and vulnerable for that reason. They are vulnerable all the time. That is their life.

Israel has multiple nuclear devices along with the ability to deliver them to their enemies in the middle east.

Everyone in the middle east plays the same game constantly. Tit for tat gambling a major escalation will never occur.

You can launch as many attacks as you want after your own country is destroyed, but you still have no country.

You can launch as many attacks as you want after your own country is destroyed, but you still have no country.

The point is not whether Israel is vulnerable. They are either way - alone or not alone. No difference. The point is that acting alone has nothing to do with the calculus they are engaging in. If things escalate to nukes they are screwed alone or not. The calculus is that it will not escalate.

The point is not whether Israel is vulnerable. They are either way - alone or not alone. No difference. The point is that acting alone has nothing to do with the calculus they are engaging in. If things escalate to nukes they are screwed alone or not. The calculus is that it will not escalate.

Israel can do nothing alone, as if they attack with serious weapons nothing will sway Russia from defending their terrorist interest in Iran. Verdict Israel vanishes

The fact is that Israel can not stop people armed with Molotov cocktails and they have been trying since day 1

Keep in mind that we do not really know what arms that Russia has given and or sold to Iran
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Funshooter are the Scrapers going to scrape the rudders off? Wouldn't that take a long time? Someone should hear that before dawn. Metal against metal? Be Well, and learn how to spell and English syntax so we can understand what you are trying to say. It could have been a slight chuckle. RZ.

I guess I needed a Sarcasm button.
At least one ship was reportedly boarded by eight or nine armed individuals.

That might be a reason why they are no longer under control?

Or, was the steering disabled prior to the boarding?
[Linked Image from y.yarn.co]
First it was two…..now four!! Might know the ‘fire’ f ucks up another story!!

That might be a reason why they are no longer under control?

Or, was the steering disabled prior to the boarding?

You say whatever the retard with the AK47 tells you to say, especially when the other guy is bleeding to death on the deck
If not piracy,

This is making me think back to all the odd US Navy incidents over the last few years. And that there haven't been any of note for a year or so?
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
If not piracy,

This is making me think back to all the odd US Navy incidents over the last few years. And that there haven't been any of note for a year or so?

Typically these things are front page but this one is being squashed for some reason
If not piracy,

Typically these things are front page but this one is being squashed for some reason

For sure. A quick search only revealed a couple of news articles on this. Here's a link to 1 of them.

link

Yea

Gas fixin to hit $5

Yep! And stay there.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yea

Gas fixin to hit $5

Yep! And stay there.

Till Trump returns anyway
If these are big ships it's not likely they have only one rudder each, large ships usually have multiple. Many modern vessels have GPS guidance, maybe hackers or some sort of jamming attack is happening. Four ships at once in the same area makes it highly suspicious of a state backed organization.
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
If these are big ships it's not likely they have only one rudder each, large ships usually have multiple. Many modern vessels have GPS guidance, maybe hackers or some sort of jamming attack is happening. Four ships at once in the same area makes it highly suspicious of a state backed organization.

Seems to be a hijacking at this point, not sure how many ships are involved either as top secret seems to have been declared
Better stock up on ammo, huh?
All of the good dystopian end of the world as we know it start this way....

Where's Tom Clancy when you need him?
If I was hijacking an oil tanker.......shouldn't I expect someone to be armed and shooting at me??
Originally Posted by 673
If I was hijacking an oil tanker.......shouldn't I expect someone to be armed and shooting at me??

Yes but we do not know what happened or is happening because no one is saying

Seems that no one is allowed to know
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yea

Gas fixin to hit $5

Yep! And stay there.

Not a Biden fan or a Trump hater, but I clearly recall gasoline at over $4/ gallon in 2007...Bush in the WH.

One of my favorite tunes

I've been waiting for something to happen
For a week or a month or a year
With the blood in the ink of the headlines
And the sound of the crowd in my ear
You might ask what it takes to remember
When you know that you've seen it before
Where a government lies to a people
And a country is drifting to war

Jackson Browne Lyrics
"Lives In The Balance"

Search "USS Liberty Incident" for more learning.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

1967. that is a lot longer back than a few years.
One reported hijacked to Iran.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-58078506

Information and location.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:383623/mmsi:374947000/imo:7382988/vessel:ASPHALT_PRINCESS

Bruce
Originally Posted by Stickfight

1967. that is a lot longer back than a few years.

The incidents I was thinking of were in the last 5 years. I think?
Several close quarters incidents of Navy ships hitting stuff.

Piracy seems odd.
Usually a ship is taken close enough to a war torn chitt hole to
quickly get into a sympathetic port. The crew moved away somewhere
that makes rescue impossible. The crew is as important as the ship
for ransom.

UAE isn't that far from Somillia, globally. But it's far enough away that
we could get to it before it got there.

Well, if we had a decisive Commander in Chief.
Decisive? Try DingBat Commander in Chief.

Seriously? Do you really think that the Propaganda Corps is actually going to truthfully report events?

The incidents I was thinking of were in the last 5 years. I think?
Several close quarters incidents of Navy ships hitting stuff.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...-probe-the-navy-doesnt-want-you-to-read/
Originally Posted by bcp
One reported hijacked to Iran.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-58078506

Information and location.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:383623/mmsi:374947000/imo:7382988/vessel:ASPHALT_PRINCESS

Bruce

That’s going to start some chit
"Asphalt Princess" ??

was it hijacked by a gospel quartet by chance?
Originally Posted by rem141r
"Asphalt Princess" ??

LMAO. That would be a different ship, the "Asphalt Angel."
"Asphalt Princess" ??

Somebody had to ask.
Hijackers leave ship.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-58083671

Men who boarded and seized a ship in the Gulf of Oman have left the vessel and all those remaining on board are safe, officials say.

A UK maritime security agency said the potential hijacking of the Panama-flagged MV Asphalt Princess had ended but gave no further details.

Bruce
In an 1887 speech, Theodore Roosevelt said of the bomb-throwing anarchists of his day, "There is but one answer to be made to the dynamite bomb and that can best be made by the Winchester rifle."

2021 update, "There is but one answer to be made to the terrorist of the sea-lanes, and that can best be made by the Harpoon missile."
I dunno. Based on the videos on YouTube, the Phalanx weapon system looks fairly effective…
"Asphalt Princess" ??

That’s a lean ship

Built for speed

This story does not make sense as reported

They usually don’t. Whether by design or incompetence is up for debate. It seems to me a sure enough unbiased news organization would be a very profitable venture in today’s world.
More:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/crew-...rt-iran-hijacking-by-sabotaging-engines/

Crew of tanker off UAE coast said to thwart Iran hijacking by sabotaging engines
Five or six gunmen seeking to divert Panama-flagged asphalt tanker to Islamic Republic manage to flee after US and Omani warships arrive at scene; none of crew on board injured

Bruce
A flubbed hijacking. Whatta ya know? I am missing the executions of high seas hijackers... Why were they allowed to escape?
Originally Posted by bcp
More:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/crew-...rt-iran-hijacking-by-sabotaging-engines/

Crew of tanker off UAE coast said to thwart Iran hijacking by sabotaging engines
Five or six gunmen seeking to divert Panama-flagged asphalt tanker to Islamic Republic manage to flee after US and Omani warships arrive at scene; none of crew on board injured

Bruce

Any news of the other three vessels from the OP?

Or was there only one in the first place?
I suspect it was electronic interference with their position reporting system, to hide the hijack.

Bruce
That makes some sense.
© 24hourcampfire