Home
20 years.

Welder
July 3, 1981

January 29, 2013

I'm no mathlete but I think that's 31.5 years
29 years for me. Moved on to another company, doing the same thing. Eight years there then retired last November. One week before deer season!
18 years at my current job in maintenance.
23 before I retired
40 years[next month], but who's counting.
39 with the same group of people we have been bought out twice.
30 years - Gigalo
34.5 years. Too much crap to last 6 more months!
24 years with my current employer as a software engineer.
32 years.
12 years

shortest - 2 months
28 and some change. Retiring next month.
26 years working for myself!
17 for myself. Another yr in defense ill tie it.
25 years.

Concrete
35 for me at same location/industry but we have had 4 name changes. Each one gets worse and this inclusion movement is sickening.
Been working for the same Ahole since 1/13/75.
Coming on 29 years. Was planning to retire in 3-4 years, but if they keep paying me to work from home, I'll never retire.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Yeah, most of my adult life, I've worked for myself too.. grin
37 years this fall.
You all have a ways to go: 82 Years on the Job

Idaho Candy Company's most famous employee is definitely Violet Brewer. Vi began work at Idaho Candy in 1913, when her mother took ill and Vi had to work to help support the family. Vi was only 13 years old at the time and her first job was stoking the furnace. Later on she became the premier hand chocolate dipper for the company. Vi dipped and rolled chocolates for 50 years and later went to the weighing department where she worked for another 30 years. Vi finally retired in 1995, 82 years after she started with the company. She passed away at the age of 101 after living a "sweet" life.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Yeah, most of my adult life, I've worked for myself too.. grin

Yeah...it sucks!
25 and counting. Air force one form or another
17 years at Allina Health.

Bailed after a nursing strike in 2016.
My BIL retired last Friday from Firestone, 41 years.

He started, sweeping and doing oil changes right out of High School, retired as a Store Manager...............
47 years. Retired 1/1/20
38 years. Machine shop. Mostly had fun figuring fixturing, envisioning start and finish process. You old workers sll know how easy it is to start wrong and then have a devil of a time figuring how to finish.
Self employed since 1962.

Before that, I paid income taxes in 1959.
been working installing floors since I was 14, 44yrs.
US Navy 28 years 4 months 15 days

you don't have to go home but you can't stay here
37 years, education. Paid my first SS in '71, $1.50 a week.
27 years and really thinking of throwing in the towel. 11 years on my first real job. So I have over 35 years of good numbers for SS, so I am a max payment, so working only adds to 401K.
28 years till I retired in 2015
Would have been 27 this yr if not for Obama.

Started over, proly work til I die now. Yeeehaw.
Retired at 39 years (age 61) with same company.
27 & counting. Started day after hs graduation.
Dang. A mere 15 years for me, but I was inormed today that I am expected to go to Germany in the Fall to acquire some new product training (which has actually been quite a joke each time I have gone), and that would require the covid vax. I told them that the vax ain't gonna happen. We'll see how it shakes out.
35 Years.
Marine carpenter/ Electronics installer.
Went in to business when I was 15 when I borrowed money to buy cows.

That's been 23 years.
November 16th will make 25 years.
23 with one and another 17 with the one that bought the first.
I think it was just under 5 years (continuous - I ended up 8 total years at that company)

I get bored - learn quickly so once I'm not learning, I end up jumpy and looking to make a leap. But also - I lets me increase my earnings. Over the last 6 years, I've increased my W2 450%.
45 years, now retired.
27 down and 12 to go.
31 years at a gov. nuclear plant. Then retired. Now I have the best job of my llfe.
Involved in Naval Aviation in one form or another for 49 years. 21 years active duty and 28 as a flight simulator and ground school instructor. The simulator contract changed hands 5 (I think) times but for us it was just a matter of changing shirts. šŸ˜Š
Retired for good in June so now every day is Saturday šŸ˜
41 years when I retired from the local school system.
My last year in the Army lasted a little over a century.
27 years.

Warehouse
Shipping/Receiving
Warehouse Supervisor
Engineering
Production Control
Production Planning / Warehouse Manager
Production Planning / Inventory Control Manager
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

What did Ingwe look like back then?
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Probably lost sight of him when they stormed the castle.
Originally Posted by strikeu
US Navy 28 years 4 months 15 days

you don't have to go home but you can't stay here

LOL!!!
Congressional mandated end strenghts for paygrade.

U.S. Army
24 yrs 5 months 9 days.

83 to 08.
44yrs old.

Did alot of hard high paying jobs in the civilian world till almost age 53 then called it quits.
Just turned 58.

Living the dream now.
For me at least.
4 more yrs for that SS pocket money.
Forty six years this month.

Life doesn't always turn out the way we plan it.
Jan 9th 1978 July 31 2013 35 years , retired now for 8 years.
30 years and 3 months as a police officer with the province of Ontario. Retired at 51 years old.

8 days later I was hired as a contractor to do prosecutions in provincial offences court. Did that for 14 years and quit.

During the last five years as a police officer, and extending into my time as a prosecutor, I spent 13 years as the pastor on an independent Baptist Church. I am crowding 71, so I think I'm done -- health issues.

I've had a good work life, with no regrets.
Eyes of Texas Clinic and Sx Center, one of country's largest privately owned eyeball clinics from 1975 to 2015.
35 years
21 years, 10 days, two hours, 11 minutes. About five years too long at that place. Best part was after I Ieft, they figured out my boss and bosses boss were true POS! Fired the big boss and demoted mine. The VP took me to lunch and begged me to come back and I got to tell him NFW after the way I was treated. That was a great day.

27 years with UPS here in Podunk

Retired Nov 2011.......3 weeks before the big holiday rush.......

That's me with the brown shirt & big smile......

Last package of my career...Consol Coal...... grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Thirty six years with the same employer! Retired in 2014 on my 64 birthday!
Had an uncle who retired quite a few years ago at 65. He had started at the same company at age 15. 50 years with the same company!!! Wonā€™t see that again!,

Dean
33 this year
Continous makes it difficult.
Got hired at my current job 7/12/99.
Except I have been laid off for 3 years total over 4 or 5 layoffs.
Last was 2009.

But there have been furloughs of days or a week since.

22 years without quitting or being fired!
Nearly 21 years with .gov
My employer for the last 35 years I worked was ME.
My last job sometimes seemed like it lasted 50 years.
30 years
2 months shy of 36 years. I did enjoy my job and the unemployed comedians I worked with. Electrician.
Originally Posted by Teal
I think it was just under 5 years (continuous - I ended up 8 total years at that company)

I get bored - learn quickly so once I'm not learning, I end up jumpy and looking to make a leap. But also - I lets me increase my earnings. Over the last 6 years, I've increased my W2 450%.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it) jumping is the best way to get paid anymore. Gone are the days of 30 years of service. More like 4 years, wage stagnation, jump, repeat.
31 and some change when i retired
In a couple of weeks I'll be self employed for 17 years.
Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer
31 years at a gov. nuclear plant. Then retired. Now I have the best job of my llfe.

I wanted this username when I joined.
A couple of places I stayed almost seven years.
I was a HS science teacher/coach for 33 years in the same school.
34+ years. Retired on 11/01/19. It was sad to see what that once proud company had become but I couldn't be happier now.
Just over 30 years with the same employer beginning 4 days after I graduated from university and ending just over 6 years ago.
41 years with the same company. Boy, have a things changed.
Have made my living working for myself for 38 years. Decided to semi-retire a couple years ago--and while I'm working less, the jerk I work for somehow doesn't quite understand.....
41 years.

Construction, Service Tech and now management.

[Linked Image from cdnb.artstation.com]
39 years for me at the sheriff's office and I'm still working.
April 4, 1983 long time...............more to go.

KC
Almost 15 years, not that I love it. Every dog has its fleas, and at least I know the fleas on this dog
Started with current employer Oct 1976. Worked seasonally several years while working farm or going to school.

Full time anniversary is Oct 1981. In 9 weeks it will be forty years full time. Will be retired in eighteen months.
12 years followed by another 8 as a consultant to the same agencies.

mike r
25 years, 4 months and 11 days in the USN. Been teaching HS since I retired from active duty.

[Linked Image from cdnb.artstation.com]

Beaver said that is Blackheartā€™s back tattoo

LMAO
37 years Federal Government, retiring at the end of the year.
Just fully retired, working more now than I have in a long time. 40 years DOD, 20 active Navy and 20 GS as an engineer for AFN (AFRTS) for those whom know what that is.
A Farts! I was an asst. DJ on Friday nights at the station in Tehran, Iran when I was in high school. The only rock and roll in Persia/

mike r
24 years for one crew, histerically speaking we were the lowest paid in the US at that type of job. Yes you read that right. Sarcasm at it's height, or lowest if you wish. I don't care what you call it or me as long as you call me for dinner. I don't miss a meal. Be well, RZ.
33 where Iā€™m at now, 50 years at the plumbing-pipe fitters trade
26 here, 15 before in TX.
40yrs
My Grandfather, who recently passed away, got a job at 16 at the RC Musson Rubber Co. in Akron OH at 16 years old working the loading docks. In 1942, he took a leave of absence to join the USMC. He fought in the Pacific Theater, later returning in 1946 to the loading dock at RC Musson Rubber Co. 43 years later, he retired as the General Manager of the company. He earned enough stake in the company to have a 49% ownership. I remember him saying, that in the mid 50's, he was given 5 days of paid vacation each year, which was (in his opinion) unheard of, and a great benefit.

A different generation for sure.

Me personally, 14 years in the military (Army, then Air Force), was the longest. Since then, 8 years at one civilian company followed by 1 year and counting...
38 years
Originally Posted by lvmiker
A Farts! I was an asst. DJ on Friday nights at the station in Tehran, Iran when I was in high school. The only rock and roll in Persia/

mike r

When was that? I was in Isfahan '76-'78.
43 years
Im in my 21st year working with the same group. We have been three different companies due to mergers. No changes in the last 12 years. 8 years since anyone left or anyone new hired. All friends on a personal level and we do our own thing. Help each other when needed and stay out of each others faces when not. Really good situation.
https://www.sheriffs.org/CTOM-honors-oldest-longest-serving-deputy

https://www.police1.com/police-hero...t-officer-in-the-world-xAuRhayVnTa6ZNOh/
34 years and counting at the current schidtshow.
I was self employed for 15 years. The longest I ever made it working for anyone was 3 years
I donā€™t understand the question.
25 years for me. My father went 47 at the same company - he was the first one they hired when they opened. I had one person who'd been at my employer for 57 years - too bad he didn't retire after 30.
22 years at my current job. Got another 7 to go and then think about retirement.

G23
My wife has been at the same place for 37 years,got hired right out of high school and is still there.
41 years for myself.

-Ken
42 years 2 months.

My dad had 33yrs & my brother had 40yrs. All of us with the same company
38 years in one sawmill.

Started when I was 17.

Virgil B.
16 years. They tell me if I keep working hard I might get a fifty cent raise when I have 25 in with them.

#dreambig
September of 1982 through today........so far at least.

38 years, 11 months......

Bought the place on July 1, 1998.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

When was that? I was in Isfahan '76-'78.

1964, my Dad worked for Fluor. I graduated from Tehran American School.

mike r
37 years in same field, different companies till I retired in 08.
same trade 22 yrs 6 diff places by my choice not theres
32 years a month ago. Same company - own a little piece of it now.
Originally Posted by blanket
38 years

38 years sucking VarmintGuyā€™s cock.

They say itā€™s not a job if you love what you do.

LOL
37 years at the same refinery with about 4 name changes in there. Retired 5 years ago and don't miss it one damn bit!
17 years with a Fortune 500 company. Good training and I enjoy the pension now, but the way to pump up your salary isn't staying with one company forever. Let them train you, learn everything you can about that field, then apply it somewhere else where they will appreciate you. I walked away from 5 weeks of vacation, but 2-3x the money by doing that.
29 years and a bit with the same employee owned company. I'd planned on leaving at fifty, but our stock options keep doing well. Most likely I'll hang around until 53 (~1 1/2 years) and check out with three or so, including personal investments.
29 1/2 years in a refinery for me.Got a friend who gave the same place 50 yrs and retired at 80 !
about 6 years, and that was working for myself. I get bored, and leave to find something else. Usually not in the same field. I think it was 13 different jobs in 40 years of working
29 years, retired in 2013 at 62. Been retired for a little over 8 years. Should have quit earlier.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
about 6 years, and that was working for myself. I get bored, and leave to find something else. Usually not in the same field. I think it was 13 different jobs in 40 years of working

I detect a pattern.

LOL
© 24hourcampfire