Home
Posted By: Old_Toot Stock Market - 08/19/21
Looking kind of like it doesn’t like the present state of affairs.

Earnings and past quarter growth numbers weren’t bad.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Stock Market - 08/19/21
Bitcoin looking okay and has come back up from the supposedly dreaded 29k$ low mark.
Posted By: papalondog Re: Stock Market - 08/19/21
Time to get into high dividend ETF’s. Check out PMY or HNDL
Originally Posted by papalondog

Will do and thanks. Keeping ones Dry powder may be worth a lot before this is over.
Posted By: Southerntier8 Re: Stock Market - 08/19/21
It has been an ugly couple of months for my portfolio. Commodities, metals, energy, small caps all selling off. Thankfully bitcoin came back some.
I can’t complain,,yet. I started easing towards cash positions after his first 100 days.

Originally Posted by Southerntier8
It has been an ugly couple of months for my portfolio. Commodities, metals, energy, small caps all selling off. Thankfully bitcoin came back some.
Posted By: Oakster Re: Stock Market - 08/19/21
My investments in the stock market are small and they are mostly treading water the first half of this year. Some are up, some are down. Total value stays about the same and they all cycle in both directions
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
Originally Posted by Oakster
My investments in the stock market are small and they are mostly treading water the first half of this year. Some are up, some are down. Total value stays about the same and they all cycle in both directions

What you have sounds to be diversified.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
If my X and CLF calls don't start printing again I am going to punt until the next election.

I thought there was supposed to be an infrastructure bill?
Originally Posted by Stickfight
If my X and CLF calls don't start printing again I am going to punt until the next election.

I thought there was supposed to be an infrastructure bill?

Stick, you still Bitcoining ?
Posted By: irfubar Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I can’t complain,,yet. I started easing towards cash positions after his first 100 days.

Originally Posted by Southerntier8

With inflation ramping up that won't end well..... do you have a plan "C" ?
Posted By: cfran Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21

I tend to focus a little more long term care focusing on the last week or two. While the market is over valued, low interest rates and massive “printing” has flooded the market with liquidity. I would fight the Fed now. Moving to cash is a losing proposition.

Separately, lots of opportunities in residential real estate.

I had some sell orders trigger when it crashed in May but I still hold most of what I had.

I didn't buy any more, kind of wished I had, but I did buy some other cryptos.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
I’m staying in the market with a diversified portfolio. That’s worked the past 30 plus years for me.
DOW of recent,
1 month, up 1.1%
6 months up 10.7%
12 months 25.7%

Who know what the next months/years will do, but timing the market is a fools game unless you are extremely lucky.

I had some sell orders trigger when it crashed in May but I still hold most of what I had.

It seems to have a resilience even when bad news like China and Musk offers it up.

What other cryptos do you feel might have upside potential?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
Originally Posted by cfran

I tend to focus a little more long term care focusing on the last week or two. While the market is over valued, low interest rates and massive “printing” has flooded the market with liquidity. I would fight the Fed now. Moving to cash is a losing proposition.

Separately, lots of opportunities in residential real estate.

Its really going to do well when the deep state cabal puppetmasters totally lock us down and arm and release the hundreds of thousands of Hispanic, North African and Afghan brown shirts on us to do the cabals bidding.
Hows the Roman Empire investment community doing?
Originally Posted by dale06
I’m staying in the market with a diversified portfolio. That’s worked the past 30 plus years for me.
DOW of recent,
1 month, up 1.1%
6 months up 10.7%
12 months 25.7%

Who know what the next months/years will do, but timing the market is a fools game unless you are extremely lucky.

I’m not advocating flying to all cash. I’m thinking some good buy in points may be coming up during this turmoil.
Unless you'll are multi-millionaires via the stock market I think keeping your mouth shut would be prudent.

It seems to have a resilience even when bad news like China and Musk offers it up?

Yep, like an old Toot on his last blue pill.

PS. We havent seen any real bad news since the erection when Trumps financial confidence numders fell from the high 80s to the low seventies, iirc.
Posted By: cfran Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
Sorry I meant “I wouldn’t fight the Fed”, given all the money printing. I look forward to when we can get 3%-4% in a MM or CD. Perhaps in a few years?
Originally Posted by irfubar
Unless you'll are multi-millionaires via the stock market I think keeping your mouth shut would be prudent.

A million dollars doesn't go as far as people seem to think.

I think ETH has staying power and is best positioned to weather the "bad for the environment" storm.

In theory LINK is useful but the team developing it hasn't delivered on any of their promises so I am losing faith.

A million dollars doesn't go as far as people see to think.

That's why I specified "multi"

I think ETH has staying power and is best positioned to weather the "bad for the environment" storm.

In theory LINK is useful but the team developing it hasn't delivered on any of their promises so I am losing faith.

I appreciate your input, Stick.

Looking at Ethereum it looks like the 52 weeks range of ~300$ up to the high of ~4200$ and presently at ~ 3300$.

Interesting comments on it. It’s got one heck of a Market Cap.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
Markets go up, markets go down.

We've been up for a while. Get ready to buy, buy, buy, cause the down turn is coming.

I'm sitting on the sidelines waiting for the real estate market to turn inside out.

Other sales have put some cash at my disposal. I'm not going into equities right now. Too hot.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Markets go up, markets go down.

We've been up for a while. Get ready to buy, buy, buy, cause the down turn is coming.

I'm sitting on the sidelines waiting for the real estate market to turn inside out.

Other sales have put some cash at my disposal. I'm not going into equities right now. Too hot.

An aside here and probably just locale related but Man our greater area real estate market has been on fire for quite some time now and continues upward.
Look, either the deep state NWO plan gets done and Agenda 2030 gets done by Gates and CCP released disease or toxic jabs taking out billions of the earths population, the NWO cabal is past the point of needing money and they will drop it like a POS.

You want worthless fiat currency, they got where they are because of their elaborate scheme. If Trump doesn't get back in, they own all you own plus the world.

Any billions you own is worthless to them. They will own the world.

Their 250 million slaves who survive wont be paid in dollars but with rice and beans.

Get a clue. The NWO Bolsheviks own your money, central banks, businesses and you.

What can you do?
Posted By: kingston Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
Originally Posted by papalondog

Tag
Posted By: kingston Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
Nobody's buying J&J?

It's getting pumped.
Posted By: EdM Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21

I've been silent on this thread until now...
Originally Posted by EdM

I've been silent on this thread until now...

Only take advise from those that can & do...... smile
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
Bitcoin looking okay and has come back up from the supposedly dreaded 29k$ low mark.

Its interesting for sure. Its cycle from the halving either peaked back in the spring or we are going through a "mid cycle correction". Its either doing a dead cat bounce headed for 10k or building a base from which to attack new highs and maybe go on a moonshot to 6 figures. Place your bets now or wait for clarity. Don't gamble with more than you can afford to lose. Past performance is no guarantee of future results, etc,etc.
Originally Posted by RJY66

Its interesting for sure. Its cycle from the halving either peaked back in the spring or we are going through a "mid cycle correction". Its either doing a dead cat bounce headed for 10k or building a base from which to attack new highs and maybe go on a moonshot to 6 figures. Place your bets now or wait for clarity. Don't gamble with more than you can afford to lose. Past performance is no guarantee of future results, etc,etc.

I believe cryptos are here to stay. When you see the likes of Goldman Sachs and other major investment houses taking direct part it would appear that crypto has a lot of traction for the long haul.
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
I take my own counsel and here is the Personal Investment Performance from my 2nd Qtr 2021 statement:

Your Personal Rate of Return*
Last 12 Months
34.74%

It may not be as high as some of you BitCoin boys, but for someone whose retirement is looming, its a good safe rate of return.
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
I take my own counsel and here is the Personal Investment Performance from my 2nd Qtr 2021 statement:

Your Personal Rate of Return*
Last 12 Months
34.74%

It may not be as high as some of you BitCoin boys, but for someone whose retirement is looming, its a good safe rate of return.

You’re doing very well. Preserve that nest egg.

The old saw about the first rule of investment:
Don’t lose whatcha got.
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21
Thank you- I used to joke with my father that I regularly beat his Edward Jones advisor on rate of return. Of course, my father was in retirement and that is a different ball game.
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Stock Market - 08/20/21

A million dollars doesn't go as far as people seem to think.

That's what everybody keeps saying but I will take my chances with it any day.
© 24hourcampfire