Home
Posted By: kamo_gari Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
After some 27 years, last Sunday @ 8pm EST I turned my back on a career in academia, specifically as an admin monkey at one of six law school libraries in Boston, MA. My only regret is not jumping the stinking, hardcore liberal cesspool masquerading as a pillar of higher ed a decade earlier. The relief and sense of release is overwhelming and truly magnificent in ways hard to accurately express. The last straw, ironically, was being told that any employee who wasn't fully 'vaccinated' on August 16 would face termination. Not to worry, I wrote in my resignation. My last day will be August 15. On to bigger and better things. Some of us won't roll over on what we believe in, hold dear and will put their dough and careers on the line over. Your institution believed everyone would fall into formation and like good lemmings would do as we were told. You were wrong, at least in some cases. See ya, wouldn' want to be ya. Next life stage coming up, and I'm ready, willing and able to crush it. FU SULS and everything you represent. Free at last and all that...
Posted By: ironbender Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
A hearty congrats, L!
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
I wish you the best L and have a feeling you’ll be just fine.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good for you and good luck to you.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good for you Kamo. Congrats to you and your woman
Posted By: kingston Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Damn! Good on you!!!

Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾🎈. The next phase will be great!

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you let them fire you? Wouldn't you have legal recourse?
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
After some 27 years, last Sunday @ 8pm EST I turned my back on a career in academia, specifically as an admin monkey at one of six law school libraries in Boston, MA. My only regret is not jumping the stinking, hardcore liberal cesspool masquerading as a pillar of higher ed a decade earlier. The relief and sense of release is overwhelming and truly magnificent in ways hard to accurately express. The last straw, ironically, was being told that any employee who wasn't fully 'vaccinated' on August 16 would face termination. Not to worry, I wrote in my resignation. My last day will be August 15. On to bigger and better things. Some of us won't roll over on what we believe in, hold dear and will put their dough and careers on the line over. Your institution believed everyone would fall into formation and like good lemmings would do as we were told. You were wrong, at least in some cases. See ya, wouldn' want to be ya. Next life stage coming up, and I'm ready, willing and able to crush it. FU SULS and everything you represent. Free at last and all that...
Congrats on many good years and best wishes on what is to come. Very good to see somebody with honor.
Posted By: 673 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good for you.
Nothing is worse than working under duress of some sort of threat, like mandatory vaccination.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Originally Posted by kingston
Damn! Good on you!!!

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you let them fire you? Wouldn't you have legal recourse?

Frie
Damn! Good on you!!!

Friend B, after researching legal options and caselaw, concluded that any litigation would be a crapshoot drawn out over years, if not decades. Not worth the trouble and effort, especially considering the committment pushing a suit against a well-funded institution would entail. Sometimes, a man has to know when to cut bait and live to fight another day. Hope all's well w/you and T and the bitches. A and I were just talking about your mob earlier tonight...
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good for you.

I can't stand this vax mandate crap. Health care is personal, none of their business.

Best thing you can do is tell them to stick it up their ass.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
The first half of life is just the warm up....The second half is where all the best action happens.

Enjoy the next phase of your life and maybe some of us lucky enough, may get a chance to see and enjoy some of it with you.

🦫
Fugk 'em

You'll be so much happier.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
The first half of life is just the warm up....The second half is where all the best action happens.

Enjoy the next phase of your life and maybe some of us lucky enough, may get a chance to see and enjoy some of it with you.

🦫

JFC here comes the wishy-washy BS. All I want to know from you is whether you and your landlubber crew boated any salmon today and if you bought a plane ticket for December yet. Get yer act together, hippie.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21

No shock there as I had you pegged as a man of principal.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Ha!

Here comes the next Walmart Diversity Hire.....
Posted By: ENorton Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Way to go and best of luck in future.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No shock there as I had you pegged as a man of principal.

Ta, mate. I appreciate that.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ha!

I knew I could count on your support, Mr. Ooglik (aka chubby Jim). We Pacific Islanders/Slopes/Blubber slurpers need to stick together. Metaphorically speaking, of course. I have dictionaries for sale, BTW. Only $12.99 a pop. $325 shipping though, but will consider beef based negotiations...
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Best wishes, Leighton!
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good For You!
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congratz ..... Good move.

I left a long time trade at age 42 to go into a totally different line of work. That was almost 20yrs ago and still not ready to retire. I still like my job, smile

One of the top 3 things I ever did in my life.
Posted By: JeffP Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Early goose season in 10 days
Great timing!
Posted By: benchman Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good man. Best of luck for the future!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Excellent!

Great attitude as well, L !
Congratulations & Good Luck
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
[Linked Image from crater-outdoors.net]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
I'm sorry these slimeballs were able to do that to you but as you already know it was just waiting to happen anyways and this way you get it on your own terms.

I wish you luck, I know you'll hit the ground running and go like a freight train.

BTW, B's bitches are all over me.......I still got it!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Man, I know you're going to be a lot happier now.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: deflave Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Ha!

ROR

Congrats on the decision, kamo.
Posted By: chris_c Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congrats and good luck
Posted By: rong Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Well done sir,
More time for fun or another avenue.
Posted By: viking Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Power to ya.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Wishing you all the best Leyton
Posted By: KFWA Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
I admire your convictions. I wish the best for whatever you pursue next
Congrats.

Always great when doors open up.
Posted By: efw Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Best wishes, Leighton!

Yeah you’re a good man I’m sure the next phase of life will be fantastic!
Congrats!

I didn’t know they had the Walmart’s in Bah’stun.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
We are living in the most devastating challenge to our Nation in it's history. I hate that you were forced into early retirement by idiot decisions made on political whim. Good Luck and God Bless.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Some men won't suck a willie for a dollar$. Best of luck to you.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
I know that you will find a better gig, anyone would be lucky to hire you. Take some time for yourself before you take the next step and enjoy!
Posted By: viking Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
The hypocrisy of it all, hippa went out the window eh.
Posted By: JeffP Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
And my body my Choice....
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Right on Kamo - congrats, f.uck'em
Posted By: 78CJ Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good luck on your endeavors.

I suspect this trend will be greater than anyone suspects.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

JFC here comes the wishy-washy BS. All I want to know from you is whether you and your landlubber crew boated any salmon today and if you bought a plane ticket for December yet. Get yer act together, hippie.

No and Yes.

🦫

PS

Question - Do Chinks have tears ducts ?
Posted By: colodog Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congratulations !

Can you feel your blood pressure dropping already?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good on you, L. Next move => put MA in your rearview.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Outstanding and well done! Congratulations and something tells me you're going to be an asset to whatever organization you choose to associate.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Much respect KG, stand your ground
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Best wishes for your future endeavors, KG! This seems like it would be a good time to repo Stubbs and go somewhere to watch the seasons change while listening to elk bugle, or whatever else you would prefer more.
Best Wishes .
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
While (regrettably) we have never met, you hang out with men who I know are honorable and upstanding. Such men do not suffer fools or cowards; therefore, you are neither. You have now proved that to any who do not know you.
Outstanding. I hope you draw retirement and live forever.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Originally Posted by JeffP
And my body my Choice....

Right from the pro-choicer's playbook. I like it. smile
Atta boy, Kamo!!! Way to stiff arm that garbage!
Posted By: Dutch Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Well, that’s how it’s done. Bravo.

Now, the hard part. Sorting through the immense pile of opportunities that’ll be coming at you. Hang tough! wink.

Just this morning I was reading an article on an opposition propaganda website (CNN), bemoaning the fact that 50% of the “vaccine hesitant” stated they would leave their job if mandated, and up to 50% of the workforce was “vaccine hesitant”. I’ll bet 99,5% can have a job starting next week.

It’s called consequences. In this job market, employers have little to no power.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Excellent KG!
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Fine business sir. Years ago I too worked for an institution of higher learning. There was a lot to like about it. Not all the faculty and staff were Leftist loons. Lots of smart and interesting people. Olympic size swimming pool a 5 minute walk from my office.
The "Progressives" were loud and overbearing though. I used to say that "I work in the belly of the Liberal Progressive beast...". I'm guessing that is a description you can relate to.

Do you think you and yours will become part of the exodus from the blue States?
Posted By: ribka Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good luck and get lots of fishing in.
No more late-night phone calls complaining about that place.
It's very brave to take retirement at the normal time...once you have enough years in.

Not just everyone has the intestinal fortitude to retire at the appropriate time.

Furthermore, big corporations hate it when the dusty old farts retire....making room for younger, more productive employees that they can pay less and start off with a much smaller benefits package.

Savage!
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congratulations, someone like you will just be busier now than when you were working, and enjoying life way more. Just think of all those lame meetings you will have to miss.
Posted By: kenacp Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congrats
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congrats KG. You have to do what you think is best for your mind and body. When you walked out the door for the last time, if you let out a big sigh of relief, you made the right decision. It sounds like you did the best thing.

I retired for good two months ago and it feels a bit strange when every day is Saturday. Another big change in the thought process is when you wake up 8 or 9 and don’t think, “oh chit, I overslept!” 😮

Get going on your next life and let’s have some more pics of your expeditions and food😊
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congrats Kamo and good luck!
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good for you KG...enjoy the rest of your life on YOUR terms!
I'm worried most Americans are going to face the "get vaccinated or get fired" sooner than later. Not a problem for the retired guys on the forum, but for guys like me it sucks. Once all jobs are onboard, you've run out of places to run. The business manager at my company called me last week to ask about my vaccination status and wanted to know why I wasn't vaccinated, and when I planned on it...
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good for you. Best of luck in the future.
It's very brave to take retirement at the normal time...once you have enough years in.

Not just everyone has the intestinal fortitude to retire at the appropriate time.

Furthermore, big corporations hate it when the dusty old farts retire....making room for younger, more productive employees that they can pay less and start off with a much smaller benefits package.

Savage!

Who the fück besides EdM retires in their early 50's.

Jim Conrad the big risk taker opines yet again on a subject he knows nothing about.

Not everyone has a yard full of appliances to fall back on.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I'm worried most Americans are going to face the "get vaccinated or get fired" sooner than later. Not a problem for the retired guys on the forum, but for guys like me it sucks. Once all jobs are onboard, you've run out of places to run. The business manager at my company called me last week to ask about my vaccination status and wanted to know why I wasn't vaccinated, and when I planned on it...

So you got your cardboard box and aloe plant ready to go?

lol,
Pro tip: leave that employee of the month plaque from March 2003 in one of the desk drawers

😃
Posted By: EdM Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congrats. I am sure you were ready.

Savage!

Jim Conrad the big risk taker opines yet again on a subject he knows nothing about.

I am pretty sure the AC unit could be salvaged. Not sure about the washer.

Anyway....did Kamo retire? I didn't bother to read the OP........

Savage!

You could start by putting a roof and walls around the toilet.
Posted By: g5m Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Best wishes!

Savage!

No...that's in the junk pile.

I came home to find a busted toilet tank...and a big rock.

No one will cop to it. It was probably the old woman.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

The Hospital in Houston who fired 150 people for refusing to get vaccinated is getting hammered.

Hopefully, enough will stand up and the midwits will reconsider.

Savage!

Savages.
Posted By: jpb Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Leighton,

Best wishes in whatever you do now.

I predict a lot of happy days this fall pursuing ducks and geese! laugh

John
Good on you! Congratulations KG !
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good on ya for standing up. And good luck with life's new adventures.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good for you, KG

I find myself in a bit of a curious situation regarding the vax because the German firm we partner with wants me to fly to Europe in October so they can officially release a new product to us. I've let my superiors know I will not submit to any vaccination requirements knowing full well that I've thrown a monkey wrench into a lot of planning. I know they'd much rather keep on board long enough to train my replacement because they're just now coming around to tje understanding that it will take at least twelve months to get that individual up to speed, but all I know at this point is that the ball is in someone else's court.

I'm nearing retirement anyway, but I'm just not financially prepared at this point. If worse comes to worse, I'll find a way just as I've always done.
Thanks to all my actual, as well as cyber friends here who've posted their kind and thoughtful words. They're very much appreciated.

Beav', you need to educate yourself. Slopes do not possess tear ducts. Weird evolutionary thing, I guess.
Just the kind comments?

That hurts.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congratulations Leighton..... Enjoy your retirement!

Geo
Just the kind comments?

That hurts.

Smash your thumb with a hammer hurt, or discovered that your daily ration of half a kilo of grape jelly has gone missing type hurt?
Just the kind comments?

That hurts.

Smash your thumb with a hammer hurt, or discovered that your daily ration of half a kilo of grape jelly has gone missing type hurt?

Like run out of potato chips hurt.....but then finding another bag.

You should try some of our crabapple jelly.

It's quite serviceable.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Excellent move Leighton. Many others following your lead?
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congrats on ripping your life back away from the scumbags, patriot.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congratulations ! I always remind myself that I was looking for a job when I found the one I just left. I work for myself now and I couldn’t imagine working for someone else anymore. Good luck !
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congratulations friend, It’s always best to do the right thing!
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
It must have been weird to work in that ivory tower atmosphere rampant w/ smug entitled academics and their sycophants. Change is a good thing and I am sure you are capable of creating a situation that suits you. Over 46 years I had 3 separate and disparate careers and enjoyed the new challenges. Will you relocate and seek a new environment?

Enjoy your freedomgrin

mike r
Posted By: saddlering Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good on you Brother for standing up for what you believe in! No Jab here but I'm already retired! Best of Luck in your new venture!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21

MAGA
Posted By: Diesel Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
I like the mindset. Life should be a big adventure, so get on with it. Hoisting one in your honor.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
My bunch told me I had to, I said I would not...they said OK. Different when you are 67 and owe no money.
Posted By: DMc Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Sounds to me like you're a perfect candidate for a self-employed go-getter. Sic em!
They'd charge him 4hundred dollars a month to park his car there and they were going to raise it to 6 if I remember right, F-ck that.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Good luck with it man!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21

Savage!

Well, I still say that bowl makes a fine flower pot out at the end of the driveway. Posies and such, peonies maybe too? And a gladiolus for height to draw the eye away from the ground. (Landscaping 101).
Leighton,

best wishes in the new world you're entering.

At least until/if you decide and find new employment, this means more time with the wonderful wife and the pooches to spend in the woods and at the beach.

Hopefully not more nekkid women needing help though.

And, perhaps now, the 'fire will have the pleasure of your company earlier in the day? Not that I minded, being a night owl and living on the Left Coast I always appreciated our "conversations" over the ether.

Good luck and all that.

G
Posted By: poboy Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Congrats Camo Gary!!
Posted By: AKPENDUDE Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
You’ll be replaced by somebody who’s better than you and cheaper than you and you’ll be forgotten in a matter of days.

Good job!!!
k_g,
One must have alternatives, correct?

I looked through this whole thread and don't think I saw anyone post an alternative for you, although from the reading I would gather many agree with the sentiment of the original version.

Here's an alternative I like, because..............................the D.K.s!

Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
Kamo gari: Congrats and well wishes to you.
YOU only live once - YOU have to be happy or its not worth it.
Best of luck to you in the future.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: EdM Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21

Savage!

Mine has stood the test of time, circa 2006 and still accepting.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I'm gonna butcher this, too many cold beers and late nights to remember exactly.

A friend told me once that nothing limits a man's abilities like a monthly paycheck.

There's something to that.
Posted By: 673 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/20/21
If 100 million People on this Continent quit their jobs we would be rid of this Covid tyranny.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Congrats to your retirement, or just getting away from negative chit.

If retirement, mine is the grandest thing for my mind that there ever was. Hope you find that as well.

2 thumbs up!!
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Originally Posted by JeffP
Early goose season in 10 days
Great timing!

Funny how wacky waterfowl nuts think alike. I've already been scouting and there's a pile of Canadas in a slough between an island and the mainland of the river nearby...
Originally Posted by RS308MX

Zero that I know of. Everyone else just fell into line and did as they were ordered to do.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21

Zero that I know of. Everyone else just fell into line and did as they were ordered to do.

Just like 99 percent of em will.
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
You’ll be replaced by somebody who’s better than you and cheaper than you and you’ll be forgotten in a matter of days.

Good job!!!

On average, how many cocks do you suck a day?
Weekday of course, obviously weekends are much busier.

Quite a few in our AO. Left high paying, secure jobs at local universities.
Posted By: rong Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Between him and dusty how many threads do they kill?
Never anything constructive,just stirring the schit
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21

Good job!!!

You're just a bitter little fucking prick. Walk north until you find a bear willing to rip your miserable fucking head off and shit down your neck.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Good job!!!

You're just a bitter little fucking prick. Walk north until you find a bear willing to rip your miserable fucking head off and shit down your neck.

LOL. Not much chance of that while watching kiddie porn from his Mom’s basement.
Posted By: pal Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Attaboy Leighton! Good luck with whatever you decide to do next.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
It must have been weird to work in that ivory tower atmosphere rampant w/ smug entitled academics and their sycophants. Change is a good thing and I am sure you are capable of creating a situation that suits you. Over 46 years I had 3 separate and disparate careers and enjoyed the new challenges. Will you relocate and seek a new environment?

Enjoy your freedomgrin

mike r

Few have any idea just how bad it is in the kind of place I just left, unless they've witnessed it themselves. Rabid BLM support groups, LGBTQ types constantly in your face, all gender restrooms, forced 'diversity', law faculty expounding in person and via media channels about how LE and our military are baby killers and fascists and murdering scum. Required attendance in indoctrination type politics and behavioral 'adjustments' required by HR. I was excoriated last year for politely, but strongly publicly disagreeing with a faculty member after he posted a long, nonsense-based diatribe about how 'white supremacists' and neo-Nazis and organized ex-military were easily identified by their wearing Hawaiian patterned shirts and that everyone should own at least one so as to not let those evil types 'win' and begin their evil plan to overthrow the goobermint. I kid you not. The guy conducts all his law lectures in jeans and a Hawaiian shirt, BTW.

Black/LatinX (their spelling) empowerment associations and pro-communist/socialist law societies. It's sickening, and for years I've been ashamed to have been a part, but didn't have the guts to pull out. My tongue probably has scars from my biting into it to keep me from blowing up and tearing into so many of these types on a weekly basis. I've literally seen a rapid disintegration and decline not only of the profession but of American society itself. There are exceptions, of course, but IMNSHO they are that now--the exceptions. Funny thing is, those that espouse all these liberal ideals and will collude and protest against what we here see as a free American society are themselves a bunch of spoiled rotten, supremely entitled, hypersensitive little lemmings who feel like they're fighting some kind of imaginary oppression. Everyone gets a trophy! Disagree with any of them and try to argue against them? You'll be run out of town on a rail and labeled as a racist, an oppressor and indeed, an enemy. Thought police stuff, for real.

I admit that I stayed so long because it was easy to just coast and basically keep my mouth shut and enjoy a decent salary, a very generous benefit package that allowed me and the wife, with her working as well, to live reasonably comfortably, pay our bills, pad my retirement investments, get world class health/dental insurance and that with the Mrs.' earnings allowed us to do things like travel internationally on an annual basis, including lots of hunting and fishing trips, afford a nice home and cars and boats and MCs and other toys. And then, for me, a biggie was the fact that I got about 12 weeks' paid time off, with allowances for all holidays, sick time, personal time, snow days, etc., which allowed me to do my outdoors stuff--a lot. About the only thing I'll miss, other than being able to help people who couldn't find/obtain stuff on their own. I was one of the few who'd break the rules and do research for people not affiliated with the university and as such I was technically not supposed to help them or even let them into the facility.

During this whole shytshow COVID thing, out of 20 odd staff, I was one of only 4 who were required to be in the office. I was deemed to be safe, despite my being the only staff member missing a lung. Lot of funny stuff that HR pulls, I learned. I was asked to take on a great deal of research/reference duties, those I was not being compensated for. I was frequently treated like shyt by my ungrateful CU Next Tuesday boss, the same one who hasn't been in the office since March of 2020. I had my retirement match suspended. I was told that staff wouldn't be getting a raise for the next 24 months. I was furloughed for six weeks. Recently the IT people set the parameters so that many of the places I visited on the web, including AR, were banned. Of course if I'd exercised my right to carry concealed of even have a firearm in my locked vehicle, I'd have been terminated then and there. In 2020 my compensation package was reduced by almost 20%, despite me doing a lot of heavy lifting for others as they sat at home. When I was informed a couple months back that we'd all be required to get 'vaccinated', I told my wife that that was the last straw and I was going to bounce.

As far as what Roger said, the parking issue was way, way down on the list of reasons that made me finally pull the trigger on leaving. That said, paying $8K a year for a parking spot and fuel, and driving an average of 20K miles a year just getting in and out of work I surely won't miss.

Future is uncertain for us at the mo', but ideally I'll be starting a business where I have no one to answer to but myself soon. I've planned well and can easily pay all bills for a couple of years if necessary, and by the time I retire my portfolio should be good for a couple $Ms, but I plan to get crackin' in a bit and acting on a couple of plans I've built over the years but never had the guts to jump into. Think I'll shoot a bunch of birds first. My soul has been worn kind of thin of late, and I need to take some time for me, and for me and the wife. And the pups, of course. I'm confident that we'll come out of this just fine, though it is definitely a kind of awkward time and I'd be lying if I didn't say that there have been some sleepless nights. Anyway, long, boring rant over and thanks again for the nice thoughts, gents. Except you, Big Jim. You're a dick.

wink
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
That took courage and being principled. God bless you, Kamo.

Good job!!!

Jeebus...does it sound like that when I break his balls?

I hope not.
Posted By: 673 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21

Good job!!!

It doesn't take a bear to do that.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Health care has been public since the the lying muslim was acting president.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
k_g,

ever think of writing a version of you last post for publication in one of the local papers there, especially if there is a semi conservative leaning one in the broad metro area?

Can't imagine what the Institute of Higher Learning I went to is like now. Was cool seeing younger folks' heads explode when they were required to take beginning Stats from a Forestry Professor and he explained a few things logically that the couldn't avoid having the gears in their little brains shift gears and start thinking critically again.

Good luck with the business propositions when you get started on them.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Congratulations and good luck on your new adventures kamo gari !
Any travel planes?

There are plenty of Libs out west you can piss off for us......
Originally Posted by Valsdad
k_g,

ever think of writing a version of you last post for publication in one of the local papers there, especially if there is a semi conservative leaning one in the broad metro area?

Can't imagine what the Institute of Higher Learning I went to is like now. Was cool seeing younger folks' heads explode when they were required to take beginning Stats from a Forestry Professor and he explained a few things logically that the couldn't avoid having the gears in their little brains shift gears and start thinking critically again.

Good luck with the business propositions when you get started on them.

Great idea!! I’d love to see this happen.
Hope you live a better life after getting out of that crap.

Now the question is will you find time to work after the wife gives you the list of stuff that needs to be done? grin
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Best wishes for you and your families future. Hard to turn those kind of bucks down. Look forward to your bird hunting, fishing, dog and food photos. Glad you're on here.

Enjoy your freedomgrin

mike r

Few have any idea just how bad it is in the kind of place I just left, unless they've witnessed it themselves. Rabid BLM support groups, LGBTQ types constantly in your face, all gender restrooms, forced 'diversity', law faculty expounding in person and via media channels about how LE and our military are baby killers and fascists and murdering scum. Required attendance in indoctrination type politics and behavioral 'adjustments' required by HR. I was excoriated last year for politely, but strongly publicly disagreeing with a faculty member after he posted a long, nonsense-based diatribe about how 'white supremacists' and neo-Nazis and organized ex-military were easily identified by their wearing Hawaiian patterned shirts and that everyone should own at least one so as to not let those evil types 'win' and begin their evil plan to overthrow the goobermint. I kid you not. The guy conducts all his law lectures in jeans and a Hawaiian shirt, BTW.

Black/LatinX (their spelling) empowerment associations and pro-communist/socialist law societies. It's sickening, and for years I've been ashamed to have been a part, but didn't have the guts to pull out. My tongue probably has scars from my biting into it to keep me from blowing up and tearing into so many of these types on a weekly basis. I've literally seen a rapid disintegration and decline not only of the profession but of American society itself. There are exceptions, of course, but IMNSHO they are that now--the exceptions. Funny thing is, those that espouse all these liberal ideals and will collude and protest against what we here see as a free American society are themselves a bunch of spoiled rotten, supremely entitled, hypersensitive little lemmings who feel like they're fighting some kind of imaginary oppression. Everyone gets a trophy! Disagree with any of them and try to argue against them? You'll be run out of town on a rail and labeled as a racist, an oppressor and indeed, an enemy. Thought police stuff, for real.

I admit that I stayed so long because it was easy to just coast and basically keep my mouth shut and enjoy a decent salary, a very generous benefit package that allowed me and the wife, with her working as well, to live reasonably comfortably, pay our bills, pad my retirement investments, get world class health/dental insurance and that with the Mrs.' earnings allowed us to do things like travel internationally on an annual basis, including lots of hunting and fishing trips, afford a nice home and cars and boats and MCs and other toys. And then, for me, a biggie was the fact that I got about 12 weeks' paid time off, with allowances for all holidays, sick time, personal time, snow days, etc., which allowed me to do my outdoors stuff--a lot. About the only thing I'll miss, other than being able to help people who couldn't find/obtain stuff on their own. I was one of the few who'd break the rules and do research for people not affiliated with the university and as such I was technically not supposed to help them or even let them into the facility.

During this whole shytshow COVID thing, out of 20 odd staff, I was one of only 4 who were required to be in the office. I was deemed to be safe, despite my being the only staff member missing a lung. Lot of funny stuff that HR pulls, I learned. I was asked to take on a great deal of research/reference duties, those I was not being compensated for. I was frequently treated like shyt by my ungrateful CU Next Tuesday boss, the same one who hasn't been in the office since March of 2020. I had my retirement match suspended. I was told that staff wouldn't be getting a raise for the next 24 months. I was furloughed for six weeks. Recently the IT people set the parameters so that many of the places I visited on the web, including AR, were banned. Of course if I'd exercised my right to carry concealed of even have a firearm in my locked vehicle, I'd have been terminated then and there. In 2020 my compensation package was reduced by almost 20%, despite me doing a lot of heavy lifting for others as they sat at home. When I was informed a couple months back that we'd all be required to get 'vaccinated', I told my wife that that was the last straw and I was going to bounce.

As far as what Roger said, the parking issue was way, way down on the list of reasons that made me finally pull the trigger on leaving. That said, paying $8K a year for a parking spot and fuel, and driving an average of 20K miles a year just getting in and out of work I surely won't miss.

Future is uncertain for us at the mo', but ideally I'll be starting a business where I have no one to answer to but myself soon. I've planned well and can easily pay all bills for a couple of years if necessary, and by the time I retire my portfolio should be good for a couple $Ms, but I plan to get crackin' in a bit and acting on a couple of plans I've built over the years but never had the guts to jump into. Think I'll shoot a bunch of birds first. My soul has been worn kind of thin of late, and I need to take some time for me, and for me and the wife. And the pups, of course. I'm confident that we'll come out of this just fine, though it is definitely a kind of awkward time and I'd be lying if I didn't say that there have been some sleepless nights. Anyway, long, boring rant over and thanks again for the nice thoughts, gents. Except you, Big Jim. You're a dick.

wink

Respect.
Posted By: EdM Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
There is nothing like retirement until someone has had the chittt beaten out of them for near 30 years or so of pure competition, daily, worldwide... One asks, "can I afford to retire?"...
Posted By: add Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Originally Posted by EdM
There is nothing like retirement until someone has had the chittt beaten out of them for near 30 years or so of pure competition, daily, worldwide... One asks, "can I afford to retire?"...

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Enjoy your freedomgrin

mike r

wink

Hahaha!

You are a good man.

Good luck to you.

Hope you dont have to eat too many cats and fish heads in your retirement.

....unless you want too of course.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21

Good job!!!

Go suck a dick.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21

Good job!!!

Sounds like Leighton has carefully put himself in a position over the years that he could give a rip how the people in the cesspool he just escaped from remember him or not.

But I’m thinking he’ll be missed, and hard to replace.
Posted By: AKPENDUDE Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Good job!!!

Go suck a dick.

Stop projecting your fantasies…f a g.
Posted By: Raferman Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
GKY.

Good job!!!

Go suck a dick.

Roger fùcked his cousin.

What do you think he could do to you?

Watch out.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21

Good job!!!

Go suck a dick.

Roger fùcked his cousin.

Watch out.

Now THAT was funny!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Good job!!!

Go suck a dick.

Roger fùcked his cousin.

Watch out.

Now THAT was funny!

Might end up like Roger's dog?
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Cousin fûcker, fox master and pickle beer drinker.

When purge starts I pick Roger for my team.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21

Good job!!!

Go suck a dick.

Roger fùcked his cousin.

Watch out.

Now THAT was funny!

Yep. You and your genus crew and Zero and Biteme arent.

Too gutless to be a man, huh, and say Trump is the better man than your CCP loving boitch Biden, right? Or are you still part of the 5% who would still vote for him.

Come on, say it again. Say Trump grabbed a pussy. Sheesh. [bleep] moroon.

Tell us a story of a war hero and how he would have been with you pushing biteme or Zero.

Good job!!!

Go suck a dick.

Roger fùcked his cousin.

Watch out.

Well, there is that. Roger would wipe up chickenschiett.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Cousin fûcker, fox master and pickle beer drinker.

When purge starts I pick Roger for my team.

Fuggin A!

Good job!!!

Go suck a dick.

Roger fùcked his cousin.

Watch out.

Now THAT was funny!

Tell us how funny your bud Biteme and the Afghan deal is. Do you think Trump would have done worse?
You should all quit your jobs. They will really really miss you..:.. lol f a g s…..haahahah
Posted By: 79S Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
You should all quit your jobs. They will really really miss you..:.. lol f a g s…..haahahah

Oh chit tough guy.. you are a wanna be oil worker living in holy cross on the Yukon river..

Good job!!!

I hope not.

I only sound like that when some miserable prick desperately deserves a response in kind, Jim.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Congratulations Leighton, welcome to the rest of your Life!
Posted By: shaman Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
After some 27 years, last Sunday @ 8pm EST I turned my back on a career in academia, specifically as an admin monkey at one of six law school libraries in Boston, MA. .

Good work!

I'm poised for something like that myself should the need arise.

Best of luck.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
I have wondered for years how you put up with all that Leighton. A tip of the old chapeau for doing what your heart told you to do.

Good job!!!

I hope not.

I only sound like that when some miserable prick desperately deserves a response in kind, Jim.

I was referencing AKdoosh's post. Yours was good.

I was busting Kamo's balls in a similar fashion earlier. Hoping my posts aren't as gay as AKdildo's post.
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Congrats on your decision to walk away! Good luck in your future endeavors, Kamo!
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Kamo Gari the next thing is escaping The People’s Democratic Republic of Massachusetts ! I’m not usually for GD Yankees moving to Florida but you would make a great addition to the Partially Free State of Florida !
Posted By: WMR Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Kamo, your posts sound like you are past burnt out on this job anyway. I suspect that this forced choice will turn out to be a great blessing. Good on you for being prepared. Your foresight will give you great freedom. It will be fun to see where you land.

Good job!!!

I hope not.

I was busting Kamo's balls in a similar fashion earlier. Hoping my posts aren't as gay as AKdildo's post.

It's all good Jim. Your comment seemed to be based on the premise that AKpussy even has balls to begin with. I guess that confused the schidt outa me.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21
Congratulation Camo Gari.
Originally Posted by 79S

Oh chit tough guy.. you are a wanna be oil worker living in holy cross on the Yukon river..

Holy cross??? I had to look that place up. How do you even come up with this stuff hahah!!!!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Goodbye to all that... - 08/21/21

Only thing gayer than AKpenisdude's posts is JiminTN.........
© 24hourcampfire