Home
I was 5 years old and tomorrow is my birthday.. I was looking forward to turning 6 tomorrow so I could start school Monday.. it would be the first day of school for me. and my older sister would not have to be my teacher anymore. she is a year older than me and taught me what she learned in first grade.. she is very smart..she is now 86 and I am 84 ,we both have Cancer and are receiving chemo for it.. we are doing very well with it , but it will soon get us both. but we had a good life...thats my story and I am sticking to it...
My grandfather was in high school.
Crapping in my pants at 3 years old!!
Whatever my Dad was doing in the Army, I was his "seed". šŸ˜œ I didn't come along until 1953, so for ten years I was a "gleam in his eye", ha.
Not born yet, close!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLDTIMMER!

I was 4 yrs old and knew better than to crap my pants. Rio7
Wasnā€™t born until 1953 either, dad was 10 yrs old in 43.
Originally Posted by Hubert
I was 5 years old and tomorrow is my birthday.. I was looking forward to turning 6 tomorrow so I could start school Monday.. it would be the first day of school for me. and my older sister would not have to be my teacher anymore. she is a year older than me and taught me what she learned in first grade.. she is very smart..she is now 86 and I am 84 ,we both have Cancer and are receiving chemo for it.. we are doing very well with it , but it will soon get us both. but we had a good life...thats my story and I am sticking to it...

Well I think I was an egg in my mothers ovary
Wasn't even a sperm yet.
Happy birthday!

Memories of a simpler time are precious. Enjoy your time with your sister and may God Bless you both.
Not around yet.
I wasn't around yet. My father was flying around in a PBM.
My dad was 4 years old, so nothing.
I wasn't doing anything . . . my dad had turned 12 a few months earlier and I didn't hit the dirt for another 8 1/2 years.

Happy Birthday, BTW !!!!
I was a cell in my mother's 3 yo ovary.

Happy B-Day!
I was hanging tight, waiting another three months to be born.
Let's see, my mom was 2 and dad was 7 so not much really.
My Grandfathers were in the Pacific. My dad came along 4-5 years later
Hubert: I believe in 1943 my father (who was carrying me as a seed!) was crossing the Atlantic Ocean in a "Liberty Ship" on his way to an armed conflict in Europe where he was taken prisoner by the Germans.
In other words I am LUCKY to be here at all - I was born in 1947.
May you and your sister recover completely - family is the most important part of living.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
If I was alive, Iā€™d have been celebrating my dadā€™s birthday. Heā€™d be 98 today.
Dad was 13 years old, Mom was 7. I am sure any seed he had at that point was long spilled before my conception 12 years later.

Hubert, I have always enjoyed your contributions here. Am very sorry to hear of your misfortune as well as your sister's. You will be missed here.
Mom was 4, Dad 7 or 8.
I hope I get to see 84. Iā€™m glad you got to Hubert, and Iā€™m glad that you both are doing well under the circumstances. Youā€™re a fighter. When you get ready...make your peace with your Maker...and stay ready. I will miss seeing your contributions here.
Ah, my Dad wasn't even born yet !
I was still a dream.
I wasnā€™t here yet. My dad was on some island fighting Japs and thank Americans for the Abomb or I probably wouldnā€™t have been here. My mom was in grade school.
My parents were toddlers.
I lied about my age got on at 12 with Johns Manville, I was off bearing for the loom spooler.
I was roughly -40.
I was wearing a zoot suit and nailing lonely housewives
First and foremost, best to you and your sister in your health fight.

At that time Pop was busy in Germany and I wasn't even a twinkle in his eye.
Happy birthday tomorrow Hubert.

Good luck to you and sister on the cancer fight. Just give it hell as long as you both can.

I was with my father on convoy duty in the North Atlantic! šŸ¤Ŗ memtb
Happy birthday, Hubert, and many happy returns. I wasn't born yet as my father was in the South Pacific. I didn't come along until 1946. First of the Baby Boomers.
Hiding in my dads nut sack, waiting for the perfect ride!
Hubert , best wishes for you & your sister .

We were living with rationing. Had to have ration stamps to buy, sugar, meat , gasoline, and on & on it went.

You were hoping that you did not get a notice that a father or relative had been killed or was missing in action.
1943? Dad was navigating and dropping bombs out of B24s. That and teaching other Bombardier-Navigators. Be Well, RZ.
Back then? Just turned 57 days before. Just passed 83 and on the upward climb to 84, wondering if I'll make it.
Paul B.
My father and one of his brothers were in the South Pacific, his other brother was in Europe. My parents didn't meet until after the war.
My older brother, who was born in '44, was a twinkling in Dad's eyes. My twinkle came several years later.
Originally Posted by Hubert

Hubert a Very Happy Birthday to you, and best regards to your sister!
Happy Birthday Hubert!

You have a fantastic attitude Sir, perhaps thatā€™s your family secret to longevity?ā€¦..a great attitude can overcome a lot. I hope you have many more years to share with the world your great attitude. šŸ‘
© 24hourcampfire