Home
Posted By: RUM7 Lake Tahoe is going to burn. - 08/30/21
https://www.abc10.com/mobile/articl...103-24c053c6-8d15-4eab-ac0a-a33a9749ba56

Red Flag wind warnings Monday and Tuesday.
Lots of people are about to lose homes I'm afraid.
That means The Ponderosa will burn! Where is Pa Cartwright?
Wife and I were commenting that the National News outlets haven't said much about the other folks losing homes (655 or so in that fire if I recall), but let it get close to the resort area and the rich folks' houses it becomes National news.
Hoss get the wagon. Little Joe, grab your gray jacket. Adam. Adam, where the fuuck is Adam?
Posted By: add Re: Lake Tahoe is going to burn. - 08/30/21
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
That means The Ponderosa will burn! Where is Pa Cartwright?

Getting freaky with Hop Sing in the kitchen while the boys are away?
Posted By: 673 Re: Lake Tahoe is going to burn. - 08/30/21
I hope folks are going to be ok, we just had a shyte storm and lost alot of homes, but thats not all they lose I notice.
Posted By: add Re: Lake Tahoe is going to burn. - 08/30/21
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
If it keeps going and comes up around the lake we will probably have to bail out. Will pack a couple of hammers if we go so I can build another house that looks just like this one.

We have two fires to the south of us making for a good bit of smoke.
This morning It was 8 miles from So. Tahoe. Can only say the winds picked up from the SW. Supposed to be almost red flag winds tomorrow. Not looking good.
Posted By: DMc Re: Lake Tahoe is going to burn. - 08/30/21
Sorry to hear. Please keep us posted.
Relax, boys. The Ponderosa is on north shore Lake Tahoe.

But South Lake Tahoe burning will sure as hell get people's attention. Multi-million dollar homes nestled everywhere in the big trees. That would raise some eyebrows unlike the thousands of already burned homes out in the lesser known towns.
Staying in Reno until Tuesday then planning to go to Coleville Ca. may have to change plans
Ponderosa is long gone.

Loved that park as a kid.
A few bad ones burning in Norcal, I hate it....

The Dixie fire, like the Campfire, has destroyed friend and family homes. My extended family in NorCal just keep taking a beating. It is sad to see good, conservative, hard working folks take such a pounding in that chit state.

Family also has property and cabins in Homewood, CA. Trying to get a read of my old summer haunt is in the crosshairs.

Prayers to all stuck in the crosshairs in the ppl's republic of Cali!
Posted 1 hr ago (2100 PDT) Evacuation warning for all of the Tahoe Basin in Eldorado County.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/photos/CAE.../related_files/pict20210729-231817-0.pdf

530-303-2455
Media Line
530-497-0315
RELEASE DATE: August 29, 2021
9:00 p.m.

WHAT: Update to Evacuation Warnings
WHEN: Effective Immediately
WHERE: El Dorado County and Alpine County
Evacuation Order:
El Dorado County
Desolation Wilderness from the watershed ridge to the CA ENF/CA TMU wilderness boundary.
From the El Dorado/Placer county line to Echo Lakes.
Alpine County
Highway 89 south, from Luther Pass Road to the Pickets Junction (Highway 88). West on
Highway 88 to Kirkwood. South to include Kirkwood Ski Resort and Caples Lake.

Evacuation Warning:

El Dorado County
The remaining area of the Lake Tahoe Basin. From the Alpine/El Dorado county line, north along
the California/Nevada state line to Lake Tahoe. North along the waters edge to the El
Dorado/Placer county line. West along the El Dorado/Placer county line to McKinney Lake.

Alpine County
Highway 88 at Forestdale Road. West of Forestdale Road and south to the Pacific Crest Trail
Crossing. West of the Pacific Crest Trail to the Summit City Canyon Trail. West of Summit City
Canyon Trail and south to the El Dorado / Stanislaus National Forest Line. El Dorado / Stanislaus
National Forest Line west to the Alpine and Amador County line.

South of Armstrong Summit to Woodfords to Forestdale Road, north of Highway 88 and Highway
89 to Armstrong Summit.
Last week, before the caldor fire had reached kyburz, or jumped 50, I’d read that the forests to the east hadn’t burnt In 100 years. The concern was that if it gotten into that old growth, which is where it is now, it mostly likely won’t be stopped by man.

Hoping for the best
Just another benefit of DNC policy re muzzie immigration, Wildfire Jihad.
Calledumb and Suckermore and Gayghost are happy.

Arent you guys?
As I recall from nearly 50 years ago (1974) when we hiked south out of Tahoe, through the Desolation Wilderness, and down the crest to Alpine Lake at Hiway 4, most of what we hiked was pretty pristine looking. Especially in the river canyons.

And steep too. Not good conditions for fighting a fire.

We need rain and snow to get that thing out I think,
Based on the overnight progress it looks like we will either get a burn or an intolerable amount of smoke. The boys are currently driving the fuel out of all their motorized equipment, and my wife is inventorying keepsakes and the like.

I’m thinking we will move into a vacant rental and pay ourselves rent so we will be one of our few tenants keeping current.
Hope you don't lose too much if it hits.

Why not drive the vehicles out or are you mentioning "toys"?

If we ever have to bail, the wife's RAV4 and my Tacoma come along. The 2004 Matrix will just have to make it through alone, along with everything I can't get in the small cargo trailer.

Stay safe.
Posted By: las Re: Lake Tahoe is going to burn. - 08/30/21
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Hoss get the wagon. Little Joe, grab your gray jacket. Adam. Adam, where the fuuck is Adam?

Forget Adam. Rescue Hop-Sing. At least he can cook.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Hope you don't lose too much if it hits.

Why not drive the vehicles out or are you mentioning "toys"?

Thanks.

These are all toys. Side by side, couple of dirt bikes, a sherp. We pumped the fuel out of the tractor because driving it is “boring”. It’ll all be in a metal clad building that has an expandable graphite underlayment so it should make it through.

I’ll be driving the camper and my wife her 4Runner. My beat up old taco will ride it out in the barn. If so this will be the second fire it made it through.
and get that rack of rifles by the steps too. them things are worth some money. leave adam with a hose . he's a dick.
What happens usually, CalFire will take over command of the fire as it approaches areas with lots of structures. And say what you will about CalFire...but they can fight fire, unlike the totally dysfunctional USFS feminist dominated command structure. USFS has political commissars in fire camp...you will not wear wife beater T shirts (ask me how I know). Biologists, on staff, archaeologists on staff, many more academic disciplines on staff. For every tired, filthy dirty, sweat streaked firefighter that unloads at camp after dark, there are two immaculately and stylishly dressed, usually feminine (originally anyway) without a speck of dirt on them or their govt issue suv's. I am 4 miles from a USFS camp that has been going for the last 5 weeks, and they drive right by my house daily.
Cal Fire is in Unified Command with the Forest Circus and they defer to CalFire for structure protection.
The Forest Circus Managed the Station Fire in 2009 that eventually killed a friend of mine at Fire Camp 16. It started in an Initial Action Zone with L.A. County. They didn't want County assets, too expensive. They didn't want our copters flying at night in spite of being fully qualified and experienced at night ops firefighting. They actually waited until the next morning to request L.A. County for structure protection. By then the fire had a running start and it was catch up after that. There was a lot of bad blood between the Forest Circus and my department. It took a big sit down between the 2 agencies to settle things down but their are still plenty that remember their blunder that day.
Today is the 12th anniversary of the loss of Camp 16 and Captain Ted Hall and Crew Foreman Arnie Quinones.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
What happens usually, CalFire will take over command of the fire as it approaches areas with lots of structures. And say what you will about CalFire...but they can fight fire, unlike the totally dysfunctional USFS feminist dominated command structure. USFS has political commissars in fire camp...you will not wear wife beater T shirts (ask me how I know). Biologists, on staff, archaeologists on staff, many more academic disciplines on staff. For every tired, filthy dirty, sweat streaked firefighter that unloads at camp after dark, there are two immaculately and stylishly dressed, usually feminine (originally anyway) without a speck of dirt on them or their govt issue suv's. I am 4 miles from a USFS camp that has been going for the last 5 weeks, and they drive right by my house daily.

Saw one of them USFs Chunts on TV tonight in her Pressed Brownies. All the real fire breathers and LEOs spoke before she did. All she could spew was what a wonderful Cumbiah the Lake Tahoe Basin Interagency team was doing and how well they all play patty cake as FoX40 was looping peoples houses burning to the ground in side by side frame.

LOL Wife screamed get the F off the podium Lesbian Bish at the TV.
Was last there in the mid 90's but I'd suspect that there's been a lot of vacation type homes built up amongst the timber and trees. Well, maybe this will get the state more involved in managing and conducting prescribed burning.
Cop buddy of mine up there on loan patrolling evac'd areas taking picture of deer. Told that fugger accidentally hit one of them bitches and toss it in trunk Id meet him PDQ. LOL.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: RUM7 Re: Lake Tahoe is going to burn. - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Cop buddy of mine up there on loan patrolling evac'd areas taking picture of deer. Told that fugger accidentally hit one of them bitches and toss it in trunk Id meet him PDQ. LOL.

That's gotta be photoshopped. Everyone knows there's no deer in California
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by FatCity67

That's gotta be photoshopped. Everyone knows there's no deer in California

LOL. Got a few more on the phone but my bro sent them as a slide show and need a frigging magnifying glass to see them.
© 24hourcampfire