Home
Posted By: BKinSD Nebraska football - 08/30/21
Frost Warning: Seems like the path is clear for Nebraska to go back to the Big12 now and try to win a few games

I think coach Frosty’s seat is anything but. A bad loss against Illinois, his past record, an investigation into illegal practices, and rumors of personal faux pas with young ladies — let’s just say his account is overdrawn.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
Fantastic coach at UCF , did not expect that performance at Nebraska.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
I thought they'd go 3-9, but after losing to Illinois they're looking at 2-10. Look at their schedule 😳 unbelievable how bad they are....
Posted By: deltakid Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
My dad was a Nebraska graduate, going after the war. I sure am glad he is not here to see this, but I do wish that he were still with us.
Posted By: Teal Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
The last time Nebraska football was relevant - they were putting high gloss finishes and while line spacers on stocks.
Going off memory, I don't think they even had a 4 star recruit this year, let alone a 5 star. How do you lure in talent to the state if Nebraska with a losing record every year? You don't.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
You know what the N stands for on the cornhuskers helmet?

Knowledge

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
They should hire Jeff Monken from Army and run the version of the triple option that he runs and should do it yesterday. Nebraska is probably the only power five program which would both tolerate that system being implemented because of their past glories with something similar, while at the same time being able to recruit the entire country for talent...particularly a true dual threat QB.

I think he could build a monster there.
I definitely don't think Adrian Martinez has been the answer. Not sure why they've stuck with him so long.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
Triple option monster...where does that get them 5-6 annually, with 7-4 and a bowl game once in a while?
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
I think Frost is an above average coach. The Organization behind him has to be top tier as well or he will go nowhere.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
I'm not sure I agree. Martinez has talent but I'm not seeing Frost building around that or playing to his strengths.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
Bring in an AD that was a POS worthless ashat, fire a 9-3 coach, hire a coach that was able to destroy a super bowl team. Yep good recipe for success. Nebraska has never recovered from Callahan, Bo got rich and Frost got richer.
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Bring in an AD that was a POS worthless ashat, fire a 9-3 coach, hire a coach that was able to destroy a super bowl team. Yep good recipe for success. Nebraska has never recovered from Callahan, Bo got rich and Frost got richer.

Never should have fired Solich. I like Frost and think he’s got
Potential to be a great coach but he’s had some growing pains. Hopefully he gets it figured out
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
Originally Posted by Teal
The last time Nebraska football was relevant - they were putting high gloss finishes and while line spacers on stocks.

Ouch! And 100% accurate.
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
I’ve never been impressed with Martinez. How is Luke McCaffery?

Michigan started Joe Milton who was a one game wonder and Dylan McCaffery left.

I’ve always wondered how Michigan would have done last year if they’d gone with Dylan instead.

I think Harbaugh has lost it.
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I’ve never been impressed with Martinez. How is Luke McCaffery?

Michigan started Joe Milton who was a one game wonder and Dylan McCaffery left.

I’ve always wondered how Michigan would have done last year if they’d gone with Dylan instead.

I think Harbaugh has lost it.

I think Luke McCaffrey has already transferred out. One of them is at rice
And the other is playing for their dad in division Ii but I don’t remember which is which
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
At least I’ll never have to see that asswipe Tom Osborn on the sideline again. Can’t stand that guy.
Posted By: Squidge Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
https://www.1011now.com/2021/08/30/huskers-asking-fans-not-lose-excitement-following-saturdays-loss/

Scott Frost "Self inflicted wounds can't happen"

Scott Frost "I hope nobody lost excitement after Saturday."
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Nebraska football - 08/30/21
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I...personal faux pas with young ladies ...

Someone has to carry on the fine tradition of Carl Pellini.
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
We suck.....not much we can say about that. At least deer season is coming.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
In Nebraska’s hey day they had a basic winning formula
The blackshirts and a running game.
Remember Johnny the jet Rodgers
Now they need to get back to that
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
At least I’ll never have to see that asswipe Tom Osborn on the sideline again. Can’t stand that guy.

Three national championships is no joke.

Why the hate?
Posted By: Squidge Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
There is always Nebraska volleyball. Maybe they can get John Cook to coach both volleyball and football. Lol
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Remember Johnny the jet Rodgers

I'm sure some person who worked at a gas station does.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Why the hate?

I remember those Osborne teams, not as a Husker fan but just a fan of College football in those days. I remember when they played Florida at the height of Steve Spurrier's "fun and gun" attack in some bowl. The pundits gave Nebraska no chance but they beat Florida like a rented mule with old school ground and pound football and defense. I loved it....and unlike most Georgians, I got nothing against Florida!

I have no idea what kind of human Osborne is but he sure had a team back in the day.

I am a big fan of the running game. I think that is why I got tired of the NFL before it became fashionable. All they do is throw the ball.
Posted By: scrooster Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
Frost is still better than Pellini was. Frost's future will be determined this season.

The Huskers should hire Will Muschamp to save them. :::::: snicker ::::::
Posted By: Raeford Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
5-6 years back Columbians thought Muschamp was the best thing since sliced bread......
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Why the hate?

I remember those Osborne teams, not as a Husker fan but just a fan of College football in those days. I remember when they played Florida at the height of Steve Spurrier's "fun and gun" attack in some bowl. The pundits gave Nebraska no chance but they beat Florida like a rented mule with old school ground and pound football and defense. I loved it....and unlike most Georgians, I got nothing against Florida!

I have no idea what kind of human Osborne is but he sure had a team back in the day.

I am a big fan of the running game. I think that is why I got tired of the NFL before it became fashionable. All they do is throw the ball.

1996 Fiesta bowl, Nebraska 62 Florida 24. Tommy Frazier at QB made what’s known here as the run. My greatest pleasure was seeing Spurrier damn near in tears when Osborne called for a kneel to run out the clock from the 1 yard line instead of punching it in like Spurrier had done all season to embarrass teams.
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21

chlin,

WTF?

At least let us have our memories!
Posted By: mbhunt Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

chlin,

WTF?

2 words-
Lawrence Phillips
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Frost is still better than Pellini was:

Pellini wasn't great, but he had winning seasons. Frost has been a disaster. Ironically central florida continued to be solid after he left...
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I definitely don't think Adrian Martinez has been the answer. Not sure why they've stuck with him so long.

Agreed

I hope Frost gets things going.

Sticking with Solich would have been a good move.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
It was never only Osborn. It was the compleat package
Recruiting and trainers the whole program
I remember scouts coming to watch games in high school
Couldn’t believe some of the guys they would recruit
They recruited size and coach ability more than pure talent
This method started by Bob Devany. He built arguably the best collage football in history. 1971 huskers
Posted By: Squidge Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by mbhunt

chlin,

WTF?

2 words-
Lawrence Phillips

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Phillips

Hours after the team returned from East Lansing on September 10, 1995, Phillips broke into backup quarterback Scott Frost's apartment by climbing the outside of the building to the third floor and entering through some sliding doors. He then assaulted his ex-girlfriend, basketball player Kate McEwen. Phillips dragged McEwen out of the apartment by the hair and down three flights of stairs before smashing her head into a mailbox. Phillips was subsequently arrested, and eventually suspended by head coach Tom Osborne. The case became a source of controversy and media attention, with the perception that Osborne was coddling a star player by not kicking Phillips off the team permanently. Osborne walked out on a press conference when asked, "If one of your players had roughed up a member of your family and had dragged her down a flight of steps, would you have reinstated that player to the team?"[8] Outraged Nebraska faculty proposed that any student convicted of a violent crime be prohibited from representing the university on the football field.[9] Osborne defended the decision, saying that abandoning Phillips might do more harm than good, stating the best way to help Phillips was within the structured environment of the football program. Osborne stated, "I felt the only thing I could put in a place that would keep him on track was football, because that was probably the only consistent organizing factor in his life."[10] After a six-game suspension, Osborne reinstated Phillips for the Iowa State game,[11] although touted freshman Ahman Green continued to start. Phillips also played against Kansas and Oklahoma.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Nebraska football - 08/31/21
Phillips is dead now, died in prison by suicide. Everyone tried to help him, but he was nuts.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Nebraska football - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by Squidge

Hours after the team returned from East Lansing on September 10, 1995, Phillips broke into backup quarterback Scott Frost's apartment by climbing the outside of the building to the third floor and entering through some sliding doors. He then assaulted his ex-girlfriend, basketball player Kate McEwen. Phillips dragged McEwen out of the apartment by the hair and down three flights of stairs before smashing her head into a mailbox. Phillips was subsequently arrested, and eventually suspended by head coach Tom Osborne. The case became a source of controversy and media attention, with the perception that Osborne was coddling a star player by not kicking Phillips off the team permanently. Osborne walked out on a press conference when asked, "If one of your players had roughed up a member of your family and had dragged her down a flight of steps, would you have reinstated that player to the team?"[8] Outraged Nebraska faculty proposed that any student convicted of a violent crime be prohibited from representing the university on the football field.[9] Osborne defended the decision, saying that abandoning Phillips might do more harm than good, stating the best way to help Phillips was within the structured environment of the football program. Osborne stated, "I felt the only thing I could put in a place that would keep him on track was football, because that was probably the only consistent organizing factor in his life."[10] After a six-game suspension, Osborne reinstated Phillips for the Iowa State game,[11] although touted freshman Ahman Green continued to start. Phillips also played against Kansas and Oklahoma.

What a humanitarian!
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Nebraska football - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by mbhunt

chlin,

WTF?

2 words-
Lawrence Phillips

Yep.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Nebraska football - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Phillips is dead now, died in prison by suicide. Everyone tried to help him, but he was nuts.

I just read his bio on Wikipedia. He was one fùcked up dude.
Posted By: Squidge Re: Nebraska football - 09/01/21
There might be some truth to rumors that Frost's marriage is on the the rocks. It would explain why his head isn't the game.

https://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?threads/scott-frost-marriage-implosion-thread.182118/

Rumors of Frost and his wife being separated are true. She has taken the kids back to Florida apparently. This all stems from incidents at the bar Gate 25. Frost and the coaches gather there frequently (supposedly after every home game, win or lose). One of the coaches has an apartment above the bar. Several women have been seen going in and out with coaches (Frost being one obviously). A friend of mine knows a girl that works at the bar. He asked if these rumors are true. Response was “she smiled, said no comment, and walked away.”

Additional Info from someone close to G25:

Can confirm he was messing around with one of the waitresses for sure. Not going to post her name, but she’s by far the hottest worker there. Everything happens in the Annex.
Also, saw Jon Bruning smoking weed in there while he was battling it as AG. They all eat edibles and rip dab pens frequently.

Even more info:

Tiny crazy story here, a guy I know said nearly the same thing as the Frost's wife info thread, and the source was Bill's wife, he also said there were even more hookers on a coaches trip they had on top of Gate 25.

I also know a guy who is part owner of an Omaha hotel and said Frost has a permanent room up there and lives there now.
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Nebraska football - 09/01/21
Tom Osborne did what he felt was right to help the kid. He tried to help other kids and succeeded with some and failed with Phillips and some others.

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/sh...l#tracking-source=article-related-bottom
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Nebraska football - 09/01/21
There might be some truth to rumors that Frost's marriage is on the the rocks. It would explain why his head isn't the game.

https://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?threads/scott-frost-marriage-implosion-thread.182118/

Rumors of Frost and his wife being separated are true. She has taken the kids back to Florida apparently. This all stems from incidents at the bar Gate 25. Frost and the coaches gather there frequently (supposedly after every home game, win or lose). One of the coaches has an apartment above the bar. Several women have been seen going in and out with coaches (Frost being one obviously). A friend of mine knows a girl that works at the bar. He asked if these rumors are true. Response was “she smiled, said no comment, and walked away.”

Additional Info from someone close to G25:

Can confirm he was messing around with one of the waitresses for sure. Not going to post her name, but she’s by far the hottest worker there. Everything happens in the Annex.
Also, saw Jon Bruning smoking weed in there while he was battling it as AG. They all eat edibles and rip dab pens frequently.

Even more info:

Tiny crazy story here, a guy I know said nearly the same thing as the Frost's wife info thread, and the source was Bill's wife, he also said there were even more hookers on a coaches trip they had on top of Gate 25.

I also know a guy who is part owner of an Omaha hotel and said Frost has a permanent room up there and lives there now.

I'm not sure why any rich man would get married. The world is your oyster...
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Nebraska football - 09/01/21
Perhaps "a clam" would better fit the intent of the thought.
© 24hourcampfire