Home
Posted By: EFHutton Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
A guy I know that had two pit bulls attacked a female Fedex driver a few days ago , air lifted her to the hospital, and I heard she might loose one of her legs. I’m about to change my opinion of these dogs .
Posted By: slumlord Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
All the kids they ate never convinced you?
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

That On/Off switch in their brain makes me nervous around ALL of them.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Is this in the media? If so link the story. Otherwise there is enough [bleep] posted to make you lose your opinion of these dogs way before today’s personal episode.
Posted By: EFHutton Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

Naw
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
I had to beat one down with an aluminum baseball bat years ago.I don’t trust them…
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

Haha!

Maybe they had it coming?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
lmao
If I was a dog, little humans in onesies would piss me off too.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

That On/Off switch, they can never be trusted. If they live long enough, they’ll all mess up sooner or later. Unfortunately someone or some pet will pay the price.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
He was a good dog just starting to get his life straight.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

Said ir her a few times before. Every pit bulls I ever worked with was as sweet as you could imagine. That said, I never got into any enclosed space with one that I wasn't prepared to kill.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
People aren't surprised when a lab dives into the water, yet they are surprised when a Pit attacks... that is what they were bred to do over that last few thousand years.
Posted By: strikeu Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Is this in the media? If so link the story. Otherwise there is enough [bleep] posted to make you lose your opinion of these dogs way before today’s personal episode.

I found this

https://www.riverbender.com/article...e-man-suffers-serious-injuries-50749.cfm
Posted By: las Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Originally Posted by ingwe

Said ir her a few times before. Every pit bulls I ever worked with was as sweet as you could imagine. That said, I never got into any enclosed space with one that I wasn't prepared to kill.

And that makes you a wise man. My attitude also, but won't claim to be wise. There's way too much contrary evidence ....... smile

For every aggressive pit anecdote , there is one to the contrary.
More, by magnitudes, considering how many pit/pit-mix are out there. Plus, many non-pit attacks never get reported, where you can bet the percentage of pit attack reports is near 100.

My Honey HalfLab is an jerk. She likes to put the bum's rush on other dogs, whether to bully, intimidate, or initiate play I don't know. Jill is a brindle pit that lives a mile or so away on a loop route we often take on walks, and is probably nearly twice Honey's 45 lb weight. If Jill is loose in the yard (unlike her housemate, who is not a pit, and is never, never, never loose in the yard, always chained, for good cause ), Jill coms out in the road for a greet and pet.

About the 5th time Honey pulled her chit, Jill just knocked her down and stood on her. No aggression, just "this chit ends NOW!" End of problem. Honey now waits permission from Jill to approach.

Still, I don't put my face anywhere near Jill's, unlike with many other dogs.

Originally Posted by strikeu

I found this

Guess he should have carried treats.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Originally Posted by sawbuck

HAA-HAA - leave behind any baby
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
They have a special kind of dog show for pits to compete in , thats what they are good for ......
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Lol you guys are geniuses. How is this any different than "orange man bad?"

Duh....pitbulls bad.

No other info needed huh?
Some guys cousin's neighbor's sister's mailman supposedly had something happen. No proof of course.

Duh...pitbulls bad.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
I was walking my German Shepherd female in the neighborhood last week. One of the neighbors let their Pit out as we passed their driveway. The stupid thing ran right at us. My dog crouched down waiting. When the pit hit the street my dog launched into it teeth out and knocked it on its back. Got it down by the throat. I pulled my dog off. I didn't want her cut up by a POS pit. Pit ran back to the door. Everyone we encounter attacks. My dog is leashed when we walk. I am sick of them. 4 people close by me have them all dopeheads.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by strikeu

I found this

Guess he should have carried treats.

A 9mm would have been better, IMO. Doubt Fed Ex would appreciate that.

DF
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

Give you the shirt off his back
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Went from a female worker to a male, pitbull to bulldog, stories do change with things added.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Originally Posted by ol_mike

HAA-HAA - leave behind any baby

Lol
White trash and blacks have pits. Those are the ones that usually attack. Has almost zero to do with the breed.

I got attacked by a mutt. Duh...mutts must be bad too.

You guys are sharp lol
Originally Posted by DANNYL
Went from a female worker to a male, pitbull to bulldog, stories do change with things added.

Yes and in the next version it will be a doberman.

All the droolers gonna decide those are bad too?
I personally had a car accident.

Duh...cars bad too?
How dog's are treated by the owners is usually the case, not all but most. Like a mass shooting by a nutjob is the guns fault. Yes I do have 1 and he is a good dog. Only thing he doesn't like is other dogs coming into our yard which isn't often, nearest neighbor is half mile.
How dog's are treated by the owners is usually the case, not all but most. Like a mass shooting by a nutjob is the guns fault. Yes I do have 1 and he is a good dog. Only thing he doesn't like is other dogs coming into our yard which isn't often, nearest neighbor is half mile.

Yep
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

That's a terrible comparison.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
I was attacked when I was 14, when I intervened on a pit bull attacking my 7 year old brother in our back yard.

I was a really tough kid, but that pit bull whipped me and chewed me into hamburger.

Now I am 70 and still carry a gun.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Yep

Treated mine great, till he attacked me, so how they are treated is not always the case
That's why he and I both stated ALMOST. I actually was thinking of yours when I typed that
There is just too damn much data out there to not blame the breed.

I suppose Holstein bulls are all gentle critters...it's just the way they are trained eh?

No they are fugging killers. Some aren't....sure. That is not reason enough to be blind to the data.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I suppose Holstein bulls are all gentle critters...it's just the way they are trained eh?

No they are fugging killers. Some aren't....sure. That is not reason enough to be blind to the data.

That is a good comparison.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Originally Posted by Rooster7

That's a terrible comparison.

Apples and Oranges
Red Headed women are fine. Just like every other kinda woman out there.

It's all how they are trained.......
Had a ‘friendly’ brindle pitbull out at the horse stables when I was 7 yrs old. He chomped down on my arm while I sitting there petting him. My old man clunked him in the head with a pair of pliers and let go. 3/4” scar inside my forearm all my life.

Dog was a good little companion, didn’t get after the horses or chickens. Belonged to one of the farm guys. Dog I had pet and played with for months. His name was “Bones” lol

Side note
Was a second dog out there, little sawed off beagle/basset hound that was all blonde in color. His name was “Shorty”

Shorty had a short future chasing grain trucks. lmao
Dang...he got you good.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

I know a guy about our age that got his ribs stove in from a Holstein bull. About 20 years ago.

The idea that animals are bred for a purpose is not unimportant.
White trash and blacks have pits. Those are the ones that usually attack. Has almost zero to do with the breed.

You guys are sharp lol

So you do or don’t have pits at home?

You showed your ass lecturing folks with kids on how to parent. And you with no kids…
Posted By: 700LH Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Just doing his job
Originally Posted by 700LH

Just doing his job

Didn’t have a job. That’s the problem.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

Yep

What's your pits name?
Posted By: DMc Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

Jinx he was abandoned on a back dirt road at about a month old going by the vet. I named him jinx because we've always had friendly dogs usually rottwieler's and labs and all we really knew about these dogs is what the news would post and took the chance he didn't jinx us having good dogs.
Jinx he was abandoned on a back dirt road at about a month old going by the vet. I named him jinx because we've always had friendly dogs usually rottwieler's and labs and all we really knew about these dogs is what the news would post and took the chance he didn't jinx us having good dogs.

Is Jinx an inanimate object without a brain of his own?
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
In a city full of pit bulls, lots kept chained in backyards, if every one flipped and went nuts we’d have fatalities every week. So on a per dog basis it’s rare.

Once every couple of years we do have a serious dog attack, most often pit bulls. I’m recalling an elderly lady who had her arm torn off but survived and one that killed the neighbor’s 12yo girl who had been petting the dog for months.

Then again the was the attack on a guy on a busy downtown street where the dog had gotten loose from a business. That one was stopped by a CHL holder.

I wouldn’t own one either, not really anxious to own a breed that could easily kill me or a neighbor. That and the fact their common predilection for attacking other dogs could be a problem.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
In a city full of pit bulls, lots kept chained in backyards, if every one flipped and went nuts we’d have fatalities every week. So on a per dog basis it’s rare.

*Raises Hand*

"Um...if "lot's are chained in backyards", how do you know there wouldn't be more fatalities/attacks if they weren't?

Just asking a question, Teach."
Posted By: DMc Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
My oldest daughter had a female 1/2 Pitt - 1/2 Boxer. One of the sweetest dogs I've known. This is my only experience with a Pitt, but oddly, this dog was hit and killed by a train about a 1/4 mile from her house. Pretty stupefied that a dog can get hit by a train.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
I don't like being bit either. I was bit in the back by a German Shepherd. The police chief came out but he shot it in the head. So I got to have 14 shots in the stomach below the belly button at the rate of one per day. I was a preteen then. I am not afraid of dogs but as above I carry, always. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21
Some guys cousin's neighbor's sister's mailman supposedly had something happen. No proof of course.

Duh...pitbulls bad.

so.....there's no proof that they ever attack anybody?...yeah right....
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

*Raises Hand*

"Um...if "lot's are chained in backyards", how do you know there wouldn't be more fatalities/attacks if they weren't?

They're chained in backyards, cause they're so friendly and gentle.

What did ya do ta get sentenced ta detention?

It's all birdie teaches.
Posted By: benchman Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

Once every couple of years we do have a serious dog attack, most often pit bulls. I’m recalling an elderly lady who had her arm torn off but survived and one that killed the neighbor’s 12yo girl who had been petting the dog for months.

Then again the was the attack on a guy on a busy downtown street where the dog had gotten loose from a business. That one was stopped by a CHL holder.

I wouldn’t own one either, not really anxious to own a breed that could easily kill me or a neighbor. That and the fact their common predilection for attacking other dogs could be a problem.

Problem is, Pits go for the kill, frequently. All dogs bite/attack.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I was walking my German Shepherd female in the neighborhood last week. One of the neighbors let their Pit out as we passed their driveway. The stupid thing ran right at us. My dog crouched down waiting. When the pit hit the street my dog launched into it teeth out and knocked it on its back. Got it down by the throat. I pulled my dog off. I didn't want her cut up by a POS pit. Pit ran back to the door. Everyone we encounter attacks. My dog is leashed when we walk. I am sick of them. 4 people close by me have them all dopeheads.

Those pits are now a problem. Now is the operative word. But it started with the dopers. Put the dopers down, the rest likely never gets started. Likely - not assuredly.
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/03/21

Haha!

Maybe they had it coming?

LOL Kids are overrated !
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/04/21

After 43 years with a redhead, I know all I need is one redhead joke:

You can always tell a redhead, but you can't tell her much.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/04/21
Every pit I've dealt with owned by friends, those have been impressive dogs, just a joy to be friends with. I borrowed one to hunt cats with, we had too many ferals on the property. Dog was trained to stay and "get that cat!" Very productive afternoon, merciful, too.

That said, I've had meetings with other "unknown" pits that didn't end well, for the pit. Lot of responsibility involved, so pits really aren't for me.
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/04/21

He was going to start Obedience School in the fall.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/04/21
*Raises Hand*

All WAG; in an urban area of two million people, I’m gonna conservatively guess at least 10,000 pit bulls in this city (or one in fifty having a pit in their household, most from more than one person in their household). The Southern half of this county is 80% Hispanic, most have kids.

Chaining up a dog generally doesn’t improve its disposition any, but if ya got kids they are most times gonna be in contact with the dogs in the yard. It ain’t just pits, lots of dogs are kept this way here).

Stray/loose dogs are common here, not many are pits. Prob’ly because either people take them in because they are pits or they become problem dogs and animal control targets them. Either way, chained or loose, if every pit flipped, or even many pits flipped, fatalities would be common here.

Almost all of them don’t attack people, but I’d WAG half of pits here would kill another dog if given a chance.

Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/04/21
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

You guys are sharp lol

So you do or don’t have pits at home?

You showed your ass lecturing folks with kids on how to parent. And you with no kids…

I have dogs. And experience with pits. I do not currently own one. However just like in the kid thread...I still get to point out the obvious to those who are currently phugging up the obvious.

Sorry you are unable to connect facts or understand nuance or do the simple math of extrapolation when it comes to data and common sense.

You must have sooo many pit bulls to know so much about them. You could not possibly just observe and have a functioning brain. Gotta have hands on experience like I don't have with kids
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/04/21
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/04/21
Originally Posted by Fubarski
What did ya do ta get sentenced ta detention?

It's all birdie teaches.

I should be so lucky.

Being in charge of in school suspension/detention is a plumb job; no lessons to prepare, nothing to grade, and ya get to go home when the last bell rings.
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/04/21
Saw the switch flip from about 20 feet. It is real. No reason for it. Just out of the clear blue.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/04/21
Originally Posted by DMc
My oldest daughter had a female 1/2 Pitt - 1/2 Boxer. One of the sweetest dogs I've known. This is my only experience with a Pitt, but oddly, this dog was hit and killed by a train about a 1/4 mile from her house. Pretty stupefied that a dog can get hit by a train.

Another possibility is that some sick reprobate harmed it or killed it first and laid it on the tracks to watch the train run over it.

I saw a dead dog that looked like it was tortured and placed on the tracks in highschool. Someone on the bus said it was the cop's sadistic son.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/07/21
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by DMc

Another possibility is that some sick reprobate harmed it or killed it first and laid it on the tracks to watch the train run over it.

I saw a dead dog that looked like it was tortured and placed on the tracks in highschool. Someone on the bus said it was the cop's sadistic son.

Do you realize how many deer and other animals trains hit before it got to where those dogs were sniffing and picking up scraps? Nose to the ground, (between RR tracks) and not even paying attention to the train coming behind them?

It happens all the time in the country.

Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/08/21

Looking to get a scholarship to Harvard.

DF
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Pit Bulls Attack - 09/09/21
Wife's uncle had one for a couple of years. slept on the foot of the bed sweet dog. Then one day it tried to take his arm off. One of the bites took more than a dozen stitches to close up. They were bred to fight in a dog pit to the death. It is their instinct. Just like a Labrador wants to retrieve and a Beagle wants to run a track and bark.
They can be raised as a pet and treated nice, that doesn't change what they were bred to do.
© 24hourcampfire