Home
Wifey is staying at the beach for a week, Iโ€™m going to the deer lease for a couple of days, work next week.
Working today until I don't feel like it.

Weekend spent with the GF - she's had a rough week as her youngest is fighting some medical issues. Supraventricular tachycardia with some complications.

So - likely, we're going to just hang out and do whatever we'd like as we think of it. Likely some bar bands, a campfire or two, some BBQ, maybe run down to Milwaukee for a concert Sat night. Harley rally - Jackyl with DMC from Run DMC will be playing.
Participating in an 1850โ€™s living history event at Ft. McKavett Tx., as a civilian. Open to public. If you happen to be in the area, drop on by!
We, are having a super spreader event on the gravel bar.
Fish Fry Sat. Smoke some meat on Sun.

laissez les bon temps rouler

GO TIGERS
[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]
We are somewhat caught up with work.

70 acres of alfalfa to swath and I could start repairing some blowed out flood fence on a fall pasture.

I foresee an easy weekend with some afternoons off.
(probably just jinxed it...)
Nuthin' today, lawn mowing/garden work tomorrow and maybe a short motorcycle run.. Monday there's 8 of us on a ride on some of the twisty rural roads in the area.. The two from the Twin Chitties love these rides - 'cause they're stuck in the part of MN that's about as boring as Kansas... laugh
We have a lot going on yet.

Still pecking away at combining, lambs to feed, lock sheep up every night.

Fugg.....lots of stuff.

Will have a BBQ with the folks this weekend. Might take a small back roads trip.

Daughter is staying with a friend, we might dig out the WheelieBird trap my buddy left here.

Some work....some leisure I guess.

4 day weekend for the kids at least.
Testing some loads in a new 300 B/O and a new (to me) 300 Wby along with a couple of others.
Salmon/trout fishing tournament out of Little Traverse Bay tomorrow morning. Anything after that is dependant on weather, and they're calling for rain.๐Ÿ˜”
Well since I don't need a reprieve from laboring anymore for a living.
BTDT..
Icky......๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Go dove hunting somewhere I geuss....
Nothing but hunting on the plate from here till February cause all the months between now and then have a R in em.
Deer hunting kicks off last weekend of this month on FTCKY.
Need to check zero on the Savage 220 maybe over the next couple of days.
After deer season ends 1st week of Jan.
Kill tree rat season till 28 feb.
Then its reset on 28 feb and some boredom till spring turkey in april.
I need to totally redeem myself from this springs fiasco.

Gonna be a busy weekend....

Oldest has a football game tonight. First area game so it's a big one. I work in the box on the headset letting the defensive coordinator know what's going on.

7:30 Saturday morning I'll be catching/loading 5 cows I sold to a guy. After that I hope to get a second coat of Alumahyde on a Bansner Sheep Hunter stock. Following that mow/weed-eat. At some point this weekend I need to replace some wrap around high tensile insulators with off-set insulators....the wrap arounds are starting to wear through and are a pain when troubleshooting...not sure I'll have time to get many of them done. Hopefully enjoying a few beverages and grilling in the pm.

Sunday - church, then coaches meeting breaking down film and game plan for next week.

Monday I hope to get a lot of time behind several rifles and spend time with the kids shooting. Likely have football practice that afternoon.
I have a 4 day weekend this weekend
Gonna spend one day in the water at Bennett Springs catching carp in a suit
Dove.hunt as much as I can
Need to finish up a few small projects around the house
Sit by the fire at night and enjoy plenty of cold beer.
And probably a thing or 2 that I haven't heard about yet
Work weekend at the lease in Missouri
I hope to trap-shoot some damn pigs, havenโ€™t done that in a while.
Headed to Delta Jct tomorrow to go hunt cranes.. Moose hunt in the evening while up there.
Spray food plots.

Working on making on plot larger. Gotta cut down a few mores trees and shove outta the way.

Grill some meat Monday.
Funeral for BIL. LEO for 26 years; lost a good man!
Gonna cook some of this bad boy up along side some steaks, should be pretty good.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Beautiful fish!
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Gonna cook some of this bad boy up along side some steaks, should be pretty good.

A giant ocean goldfish????
They taste good???

๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Taking care of my 23 year old autistic son. Iโ€™ll have Sunday off and sleep in and have some cocktails with neighbors in the evening.
I think I have about 40 contractors on site at the moment. Putting in a 50 ton HVAC unit on one end of the building, laying 3000 square foot of brick floor plus all the epoxy sub-base that goes under it on the other end of the building, and sprinkler guy is in the middle doing some changes. Labor day weekend is all about laboring.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

A giant ocean goldfish????
They taste good???

๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I think thats a goldeneye rockfish. They taste very good.
One thing I ain't gonna do is work.

Tonight I'll drink a little beer and get the Chevelle out of the barn.

Tomorrow morning I'll mow the grass.

Saturday take the Chevelle for a cruise then drink a couple of beers.

Tomorrow night going to see Darius Rucker and drink more beer.

Sunday morning take the Chevelle to shoot sporting clays.

Sunday take the Chevelle for a cruise and then drink a few beers.

Sunday night go to a party and drink vodka.

Monday morning wash and wax the truck.

Monday night go to a wedding and drink beer and vodka.

Sounds like a plan.
Finish up getting my gear together for moose hunt. Load up some 06 ammo for same.
Lol, I'm gonna shove that Bible up HappyButtBangers ass.
Travel to as many malls as I can.
Grill a mondo tomahawk. Poke around some black bear hillsides.
Staying home to break the new garden tiller in.Worked a 15x35 about 3 or 4 inches yesterday.Going to do a deep till tomorrow.So my weekend will be working on my new garden.
Some caulk and paint work, do an action job on two recently acquired revolvers and get the Mustang and Dart off the summer battery tenders and take them for a ride. Blazing hot and humid here. Tonight I am making a couple of Crab Louie's, tomorrow my wife is grilling a prime New York strip that we will split along with asparagus and roasted potatoes. Thinking fish tacos on Sunday. Also need to set the tractor up for a bit of shredding. Kind of a typical weekend actually.
Iโ€™m gonna get wasted.
We had the unveiling of my dad's headstone yesterday and most of the extended family came to CA for it (including me and all my Florida and Texas cousins/brother).

[Linked Image]

Today, we're heading up to Calistoga (CA wine country), where we all spent our summers as kids and my dad was at his happiest. I ordered a bunch of NYC deli items (again, my dad's favorite thing...tongue, fatty pastrami, corned beef, chopped liver and deli bread/mustard), made his favorite pickles and we'll have a big deli feast in his honor tonight, as my derelict cousins get very drunk and look for Russians to fight (Russians love Calistoga for some reason).

Tomorrow, we'll repeat...

Sunday, those still alive and not in jail will repeat once more.
Sposeds to be a Wet weekend here, talked the wife out of having a garage sale. Go to my gun club and have breakfast, on blood thinners, can't drink but one. Sucks.
Another dove shoot tomorrow , hope we didn't shoot the field out Wednesday.

May cook out Monday and move a deer stand .
Going to the farms to cut, split, and stack some firewood for 2022/2023.

Somebody told my BIL that there is a loose hog running around on one of the farms, so it might only have a few hours left to live.
Heading to the lake and hopefully do some fishing.
Just got my RX. Will be prepping for a colon scope on Monday.
Working all week except Sunday and Monday, which are my usual days off. On vacation from 9/12 - 9/20 to avoid the fools. Will spend 5 days of that here:

[Linked Image]
Going to damned Philadelphia with a load of damned Idaho spuds. For phucqk's sake.
Dove hunt Saturday morning. Drink beer with Dove hunters Saturday afternoon. Dove hunt Sunday morning. Drink beer with Dove hunters Sunday afternoon. Sleep late Monday morning and be lazy Monday afternoon.
Edit
Pulled a tendon in my right. Knee last week so l get to lay around and let the wife an grand kids wait on me
digging a ditch
Well since itโ€™s going to be hot as fug again here, suppose Iโ€™ll try to stay close to an a/c and suck up some btuโ€™s.

Possibly go shopping (Labor Day Sale) for living room furniture! This has been our seating options for over 2 months now! ๐Ÿคช memtb

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
What's a weekend? I have to go babysit stupid people in retail hell. "Do you work here?" As I am wearing a lanyard and stocking a shelf.
Originally Posted by slumlord
digging a ditch

Please tell me there are cylinders involved. Otherwise, that sounds suspiciously like work.

It's too nice to work here today. Sitting by the lake waiting on the dinner bell to ring signalling lunch is ready.

Recliner, TV, hand down PJ bottoms, scratch nuts. Beer.
Staying home and finishing a lathe, mill project I started. Then will venture back to the coast, when the parents and their urchins, return to school! No way will I fight that crowd, just to catch coho.
digging a ditch

Roy hard as a rock now.
Originally Posted by Remsen
We had the unveiling of my dad's headstone yesterday and most of the extended family came to CA for it (including me and all my Florida and Texas cousins/brother).

[Linked Image]

Today, we're heading up to Calistoga (CA wine country), where we all spent our summers as kids and my dad was at his happiest. I ordered a bunch of NYC deli items (again, my dad's favorite thing...tongue, fatty pastrami, corned beef, chopped liver and deli bread/mustard), made his favorite pickles and we'll have a big deli feast in his honor tonight, as my derelict cousins get very drunk and look for Russians to fight (Russians love Calistoga for some reason).

Tomorrow, we'll repeat...

Sunday, those still alive and not in jail will repeat once more.

This almost makes me wish I was Jewish.

Almost.
Raining. Range or dove hunt today....scrapped.

Ex MIL has 85th BD today, cookout.
Give her the best present.....not attend.

Think she likes me better than any of her kids.
I dont owe her money.

So looks like shorty and I will go to a bow shop, if shes not passed out w joint pain ( the rain ).
Well, my son wants to go shoot the abomination that is my Contender 30-30.

With an Aimpoint.

And collapsible AR stock.

And a silencer.

๐Ÿคฃ
Originally Posted by memtb

Possibly go shopping (Labor Day Sale) for living room furniture! This has been our seating options for over 2 months now! ๐Ÿคช memtb

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good for you, that looks rough for 2 months!
Iโ€™m an hour into a 6 lb pork butt smoke. College football begins today. Yeah, Iโ€™m booked for the rest of the day. If the NFL had to fold I would have the perfect weekend!
The general rifle season opens on the 10 th, so I am doing a bit of trail riding and trail cleanup.
Horses to shoe, gear to check over , handloading and shooting with the neighbor kid when I can.
Glassing our local Bighorn Sheep off and on during the day, when I can.
Ranch chores are never finished. Life is like that.
It is a great time of year.
Family and I, including oldest son who just started college, are along pop-up to private campground an hour from home gonna hang w/ sister and her husband.

Supposed to be nice and cool should be fun.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend!
I plan to generate enough empty 5.56 and .45 ACP cases to run the Dillon 550 for a little while.
Let the games begin!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Going to take Aspen over to Pugs house tomorrow and drink beer and eat barbecue.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Going to damned Philadelphia with a load of damned Idaho spuds. For phucqk's sake.

Dude . . .
Pick up to go bbq in Hurricane, drive towards Zion, turn off north at Virgin, drive through the western edge of the park, eat bbq at an overlook, drive to Kolob reservoir, then north over Cedar Mountain, then west to Cedar City, then home to St. George. Went in early October a couple of years ago and missed the leaves turning.
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

Dude . . .

The highlight? Hitting a Walmart Supercenter... Whooo whoop!

Yes, indeed it is as bad as it sounds...

No, no chance in hell that I'll get laid. Not even for cash.

Maybe, I just might get an extra day at home next time if I whine enough about it. LOL
Working all week except Sunday and Monday, which are my usual days off. On vacation from 9/12 - 9/20 to avoid the fools. Will spend 5 days of that here:

[Linked Image]

the Gila?
Now that I'm "retired" I work 90-100 per week. I don't have weekends or holidays anymore.

Edited to add: It's not a sacrifice. People pay to do...what I get paid to do.
Range time!!!
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Now that I'm "retired" I work 90-100 per week. I don't have weekends or holidays anymore.

Originally Posted by Sycamore

[Linked Image]

the Gila?

Our land bordering El Malpais National Conservation Area.

That little mountain is the continental divide.
Haven't been to Philly in years. I'm sure it hasn't gotten better.

No, no chance in hell that I'll get laid. Not even for cash

You're probably definitely better off. eek
Deer camp today and tomorrow. Filling feeders, setting up cameras, limping shooting lanes etc. Sighting in a new 300 Blackout and my IWI Tavor 12 gauge with slugs. Should be effective with a Red Dot optic to keep unwanted things out of my house. Going to beat the Labor Day traffic home and will spend Monday washing cars and the Pioneer.
Current situation.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
And here I thought this was cool!

Haven't been to Philly in years. I'm sure it hasn't gotten better.

No, no chance in hell that I'll get laid. Not even for cash

You're probably definitely better off. eek

Absolutely.

Enjoy your time out there. Perfect.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

LOL
Right now

๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Plenty of lil dumplins lined up

F uckin' Freightliners . . .
This country has gone to hell!

F uckin' Freightliners . . .

Yah, it took twenty minutes to get up to speed, that's my max on cruise, 65 on the peddle! Sighh. The last push I was already bored, looked at the time and I had been running 58 minutes. The next 10 hours was a chore.

Theys some box up in here bruh

I should start driving for Uber. dayum

Theys some box up in here bruh

I should start driving for Uber. dayum

That's a terrible looking herd! I went to college at an ag school and it wasn't nearly as bad as that bunch! Nonsense, fat is fuggly! No, everyone is not beautiful in their own way. How the hell are they going to function? BJ only.
Well forgives

Some ass hole with a big rig came thru when that Texas bachelorette party was going in., blocked the good pics.

Thereโ€™s about 800 girls in here, I could find you something. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
[Linked Image]
Well forgives

Some ass hole with a big rig came thru when that Texas bachelorette party was going in., blocked the good pics.

Thereโ€™s about 800 girls in here, I could find you something. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Brings back memories of Eugene (UO) (the thought of hotties) . One of Oregon's liberal Utopias. Hotties and more Hotties. Liberal Arts. Way less heffery than Corvallis (OSU) , yet it also had it's share, despite the barns...

A whole herd like that. Dude! Last trip I stopped by Fort whatevers there in TN. Saw a black gal with thighs, I doubt I could reach around with both arms stretched. Still hurts my eyes.

LOL, in LA I was getting a massage from this big chick from Tibet! I had to just get up and leave! LOL
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Current situation.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Nice.

Stella was last week around here. This week is Fat Tire.

Perfect, except your date is a real dog. grin
[Linked Image]

LOL, cool! When you're in the zone!

Supposed to get a new Pete next. I don't know.
Glad I get paid by the hour. And thank God it's (my) Friday. 3 hours till beer-thirty. Be less, but mandatory 30 minutes . . .
Good deal. Enjoy your time off. I'm on a weekly salary gig. Mostly giving to them, a little, but, it's a work in progress. Overall pretty good. Last year I did a nighttime line haul gig. God I ended up hating life. The other day I drove about 80 miles of that route and about puked! Start memorizing mile markers, it's time to take another highway, anywhere! I push pretty hard, 3800+ a cycle, our freight fits it, and being on the road is good for the marriage. LOL
My cabin neighbor's son had never shot a 9mm handgun.

We fixed that yesterday.

The Shield+ was the favorite.
went to the mountain, loaded up with firewood, haul to the valley, cut it up and throw it in a pile.

lot of folks in the woods for 3 day weekend
Originally Posted by goalie
My cabin neighbor's son had never shot a 9mm handgun.

We fixed that yesterday.

The Shield+ was the favorite.

See, you aren't so bad. LOL Nice to get the kid shooting.
Family BBQ today.

Tomorrow taking Grandson to Zoo.
Killed a few piggies

New computer arrived Friday afternoon. Set it up. Saturday was able to get on mower and mow grass for the first time since May. Steaks on grill last night with the wife. Cooking a pile of country style ribs for a family pot luck at our house later this afternoon. Staying as busy as I want to be. But, all low key, no stress...
© 24hourcampfire