Home
Posted By: slumlord Friends say - 09/06/21

I should get rid of this

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Good idea!
Had a buddy tie back the guard on one then absentmindedly set it on the deck. It ran right across the toe of his boot. Thankfully no lost toes.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Started shooting doubles when you walked in
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

I should get rid of this

Hail no
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
That is very very dangerous. You should get rid of it. DANGER NO GUARD did it have that marking on it when you bought it at the flea market? I bet it was cheap.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
You have friends?
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You have friends?

👆🏼
Posted By: MARCEL Re: Friends say - 09/06/21

I should get rid of this

Mail it to that camel jockey that aerated his hand on here the other day. See if he can finish it off smile
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Friends don't let friends toss out running power tools. I still run one like it with additional mods for demo. Years ago we cut the table off flush with the blade so it fits in tight spots. No guard either of course. I'm in the shop today. I'll post up a pic if / when I come across it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
That is very very dangerous. You should get rid of it. DANGER NO GUARD did it have that marking on it when you bought it at the flea market? I bet it was cheap.

I broke the guard

I wrote that on there to remind myself.

I’m building a table this afternoon for a Snap-On table drawer case.

I know I need to ditch it. But I like keeping a circular saw in all three buildings.
Posted By: Rugies Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
See if lowes will give you a free replacement. Its a craftsman.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
You listen to what friends say?

I thought you were your own self made man.

Be Careful................the hospitals are filled up with The Corona right now, you don't want to go there.
Posted By: Szumi Re: Friends say - 09/06/21

I should get rid of this

Hell no. I got one also. Spent $49 dollars at Sears on the refurb table back when that was real money. I'm running mine until the magic smoke lets out. My guard still works.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Yeah, it is a Craftsman, they have to replace it for free. They used to replace broken, or even lost, sockets.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Looks perfect for an 8 year old with a pile of 2x6 tails needing cutting into wood stove sized pieces.

Good learning saw...😝

🦫

Originally Posted by Beaver10
Looks perfect for an 8 year old with pile of 2x6 tails needing cutting into wood stove sized pieces.

Good learning saw...😝

🦫

Uh, a question Mr Beaver.

Just how long are these 2x6 tails?

My stove takes up to 16" but I'll be damned if I'm cutting a 24" board down to stovewood size.

Sure as scheidt, as soon as I cut up them tails I'd need a 24" 2x6 for blocking or something on some project............and then I'd have to ruin and 8 footer.

I ain't got one of them board stretchers I've heard about either.
Posted By: goalie Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Do you have "friends" that wear two masks???
Posted By: old_boots Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Still have mine I purchased new 37 or so years ago. Still works pretty good for rough work...
Originally Posted by goalie
Do you have "friends" that wear two masks???

Is two better than one?

As good as three?

I've seen a few pretty cloth ones over the disposable paper ones. Affectation? whistle
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
I like the worm drive saws but really don’t use one enough to matter.
Flea market

Lol

Hell u say 😂😂
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Lol, you got silly friends.........

Just remember if you get hurt you'll be waiting inline behind all them dumbasses that took the Ivermectin......
Ok

I hijacked mrs slumlord’s improvised concrete block cutter.

Thing was filthy

Got the blades swapped. Back in biz!!

Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
There’s a reason they call it Labor Day....Should be called “husband, do list day”

🦫
Posted By: LouisB Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Someone I used to work with had a side job building woo fences.

To speed the process he taped down the trigger on the air nail gun.
Then all they had to bump the board to activate the safety to send a nail home.

I have a nephew that used to work for one of the major companies doing trade shows and he had some interesting "nail gun" stories.
Just hold the toe plunger back with two fingers and go full retard. Ground bitches got a few brrrt brrrrt brrrrrt!!! For taking too long to get a sip of water. 😃

After 5 yards it was more a weapon of terror than actual injury
Originally Posted by Beaver10
There’s a reason they call it Labor Day....Should be called “husband, do list day”

🦫

She is at Goodwill shopping for me some hunting clothes. 👍

This is my project.

I told her to find me something with coyotes or a wolf with a full moon

1/2 price day at Goodwill

Sweet

👍😃

Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Just hold the toe plunger back with two fingers and go full retard. Ground bitches got a few brrrt brrrrt brrrrrt!!! For taking too long to get a sip of water. 😃

Guys did that at the trailer house factory with the three inch staplers used for framing. I saw a couple of confused sparrows shot from the air.

If you saw a sparrow flying around inside the building, it was wise to take cover. Half a dozen guys would be trying to shoot her down.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Guys did that at the trailer house factory with the three inch staplers used for framing. I saw a couple of confused sparrows shot from the air.

If you saw a sparrow flying around inside the building, it was wise to take cover. Half a dozen guys would be trying to shoot her down.

i worked at a furniture factory and we used to do that. you'd be walking through the shop dodging a hail of 3" staples.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Shidt, I prop open the guard on my saw most of the time.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Friends say - 09/06/21
Takes me back to the 1950s when the main hobby amongst the farmers in our area was a contest involving removing the guards on corn pickers to see who could be most creative in the removal fingers, hand, and arms.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Friends say - 09/07/21
Growing up, had a buddy.

His older brother worked home construction.

Cut his thumb off with a skil saw.

They reattached it.

Had to go around for months with with his hand sewed to his tummy.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Friends say - 09/07/21
Skil saws, the 20v cordless is handy.

Safety, we have an irrigation pump with an exposed drive shaft. Really should put some sort of a guard over it.

A few things like that around the farm that are okay for dad and I but if I had kids no fuucking way.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Friends say - 09/07/21
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Skil saws, the 20v cordless is handy.

Safety, we have an irrigation pump with an exposed drive shaft. Really should put some sort of a guard over it.

A few things like that around the farm that are okay for dad and I but if I had kids no fuucking way.

No schit.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Friends say - 09/07/21
Know a young guy who lost his thumb in the winch on a car hauler. Someone had wired it backwards and when he hit out while holding the hook, it took his hand in and mashed the thumb. Waiting on a prosthesis now, but he’s looking at a career change. Was going to become a cop, but its likely good he won’t in the current environment.
© 24hourcampfire