Home
Posted By: bruinruin Passing notes. - 09/17/21
Did anyone else here get notes from their kids when they were little? These notes have been inside the lid of my lunchbox for so long that I don't usually notice them anymore, but today they caught my eye. I miss little surprises like these. I'm glad I kept some of their doodles and projects from their younger days, especially cute notes like these.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Passing notes. - 09/17/21
Yes, definitely. I also used to write notes and funny comments for her that I put in her lunchbox almost daily - still have a lot of them that came back home from lunch and I'm saving them for her. My goal was to make her smile everyday.

She would write me notes occasionally, most of which were hilarious.

Definitely heart-warming when you're lucky enough to get a note like that from your daughter.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Passing notes. - 09/17/21
Yep. Great memories.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Passing notes. - 09/17/21
I have one that my son left for me in the lab when he was about 4 YO.

He misspelled "dad" as "ada". When his 6 YO sister pointed it out, he fixed it. It became:

ADA
DADA

Still have it somewhere. Occasionally, that is still my name.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Passing notes. - 09/17/21
That’s awesome! We raised two boys. A lot like me. They don’t give a chit what kind of day you have.
Posted By: Diesel Re: Passing notes. - 09/17/21
Hearing "Daddy" can melt a grown man's heart.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Passing notes. - 09/17/21
i still have a bunch of notes, cards and pictures my kids made me.
Posted By: samchap Re: Passing notes. - 09/17/21
I didn't make the first Moose lottery here in Maine so my two boys made me a permit complete with a moose drawing and rifle along with a nice-sounding permit. Every once in a while I find it in a chest of drawers.

We all fished when they could just walk, big on ice fishing too, and hunted when they hit 10 yo.

.Lots changed when they hit the early high school stage but we still did the ice-fishing and hunting thing
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Passing notes. - 09/18/21
Originally Posted by Diesel
Hearing "Daddy" can melt a grown man's heart.

Yep, That happened to me when my daughter gave me this after I bought her first pair of roller skates when she was 6 or so. I have many more:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Passing notes. - 09/18/21
I love it when I find C-notes in my lunchbox...
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Passing notes. - 09/18/21
Yup the kids used to put notes in my lunch box all the time, it always made my day.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Passing notes. - 09/18/21
My daughter made this for me when she was about 7 Lol

So far-so good

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Passing notes. - 09/18/21
Passing a cartiture of the principal in the sixed grade got Sir William Cornelius Van Horne booted out of school in Illinois, and on his way to fame, and fortune.

Look him up!
© 24hourcampfire