Home
Ahh that workers paradise that is Chicago...
is now asking residents to pony up $1.9Bn for increased Police coverage....

I would love to see a montage about now of all the MSM eand Politicians eeediots claiming that Chitcago doesn't have a crime problem.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/...llion-for-police-due-to-rising-violence/
Make Venezuela Great Again.
Only a fool would cut back on police. They are the only thing keeping us safe.
You can't fix stupid!
Originally Posted by hanco
Only a fool would cut back on police. .
Ton's of 'em in the gov'ts in liberal big cities... Fools - to the max..

If you have to rely on the police for your safety, I feel sorry for you.
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375

If a criminal shows up at your door, you need to be able to stop him. What a good police force does is reduce the number of criminals on the street who can get to your door. They keep the crime RATE down, not protect you on a case by case basis.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

If a criminal shows up at your door, you need to be able to stop him. What a good police force does is reduce the number of criminals on the street who can get to your door. They keep the crime RATE down, not protect you on a case by case basis.

Like I said.....
They sure are not addressing the various DA's and judges that run the revolving door of our justice system. It makes no difference if a criminal is arrested - the legal system will put him back on the street within hours, thank to the Demoncrats.

I get your point, but they are not the ONLY thing keeping us safe.

If you are relying only on yourself for your safety, then I feel sorry for you.
Give every cop in a city a 30 day paid vacation- - - -on a cruise ship in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. That includes the politicians' security details. When they get home, the ordinary citizens will have the problem solved. There's no bail, pretrial diversion, pardon or parole from the graveyard. Thugs who don't survive long enough to get arrested are welcome to go back onto the street- - - -"buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms!"
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

I get your point, but they are not the ONLY thing keeping us safe.

If you are relying only on yourself for your safety, then I feel sorry for you.

Some wear pants, some wear skirts.
Whatever you say big man.
Defunding is working well in Oakland, they just registered their 100th gang killing this year. I guess records are meant to be broken. Their mayor is a real piece of work.

Just yesterday I saw six cops in a rest area with six trucks pulled over checking to make sure their lug nuts were tight.
“All police officers are evil cowards”. 700H. The gay blade

Quote from the article. (Lightfoot said this keeps the city from passing new taxes or massive fee increases on citizens. They will face “modest” property tax increases.)

Moderate property tax increases?. So tax the residents who own property and are doing things legally not the hood rats causing the problems.
Yeah, but she's such a looker. She can look several directions at once.
LOL

So the Democrats run a De-Fund the Police campaign that most American consider outrageous.

Crime rises, most Americans are outraged even more and demand increased police force.

The Democrats and Chris Wallace blame the Republicans for the De-Fund the police movement.

The Democrats call for increased budgets to Un-De-Fund the Police and call for the hiring of thousands of new LEO all across America.

Conservatives and right minded Americans say, “see we told you so”, but still applauded the increase in LEO.

These new LEO will be vetted by the same people that called for the De-Funding.

Now comes along the lockdowns, the mandates and the protests, think Australia, and low and behold this New breed of LEO will called into action to arrest, silence and worse the very people that called for them to be hired in the first place..

Be careful what you wish for, the Democrats have a plan, they always have a plan.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Yeah, but she's such a looker. She can look several directions at once.

I believe Satan can, too.
Originally Posted by dassa

Just yesterday I saw six cops in a rest area with six trucks pulled over checking to make sure their lug nuts were tight.

If you took a close look at the 18 wheelers coming out of Mexico, you would want them checking. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
If you took a close look at the 18 wheelers coming out of Mexico, you would want them checking. Hasbeen

Ain't that the truth. I've had several hundred dollars worth of damage done to my vehicle as a result of tires completely de-laminating in front of me on the highway, in heavy traffic. I've also had to dodge great hunks of metal falling off of messikan trucks and bounding down the highway - more than once. Messikan trucks are a menace... so are most messikans, for that matter.
So the money for cops they took away. Where did it go and why can't it come back?
Originally Posted by papat
So the money for cops they took away. Where did it go and why can't it come back?

Really?
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

Ain't that the truth. I've had several hundred dollars worth of damage done to my vehicle as a result of tires completely de-laminating in front of me on the highway, in heavy traffic. I've also had to dodge great hunks of metal falling off of messikan trucks and bounding down the highway - more than once. Messikan trucks are a menace... so are most messikans, for that matter.

I have a great solution: pull over a bunch of non Mexican trucks and screw with them for an hour. That should keep those Mexican trucks from falling apart.

THIS
I can think of no scenario where I would call police for assistance
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Ahh that workers paradise that is Chicago...
is now asking residents to pony up $1.9Bn for increased Police coverage....

I would love to see a montage about now of all the MSM eand Politicians eeediots claiming that Chitcago doesn't have a crime problem.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/...llion-for-police-due-to-rising-violence/

This is fuggin hilarious.

But no worries, Pelosi OK'ed a bill that INCREASED funding to the Capitol Police because her worthless as felt threatened.....

Now the big issue is getting young men and women to apply. That won't be easy given the beating the profession has taken the last 2 years.

kwg
Originally Posted by steve4102

How about a traffic accident with injuries ??

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Um, NOPE. Call the EMS ya know the REAL help.

kwg

That would be reporting the accident then calling the FD and paramedics, no need for police.

I can think of two. If someone breaks into the house and steals your [bleep], you need an official police report to get the insurance.

If someone breaks into your house and you kill him, you need the police to call the coroner to pick up the body.

I can think of two. If someone breaks into the house and steals your [bleep], you need an official police report to get the insurance.

If someone breaks into your house and you kill him, you need the police to call the coroner to pick up the body.

That’s not assistance, that is filing a report after the fact.
What’s the problem, here ?....Liberal white folk don’t like being kilt by the black folk ?

Mercy, mercy....Never would have seen this train coming.

LMFO

🦫

Sorry, didn't know we were engaged in a battle of semantics.

Sorry, didn't know we were engaged in a battle of semantics.

Not semantics facts.

Asking for assistance is a far cry from filing a report, not even close to the same thing.

kwg

Drama at a bad neighbors house that you want nothing to do with perhaps?

The only scenario I can think of is after I dump my load in a cop's wife ass, I would call the cuck to come clean it up.
FBI, BATF, Capitol Police, DEA, State Police, Department of Homeland Security, County Sheriff, County Police, Game Wardens....... You need to cut some of that down to save taxpayers some money. It is obvious you are over-poiced country.

Actually, policing has been a pendulum swinging between law enforcement and crime prevention. Most people consider modern policing to consist of both elements, but the proportions have adapted to changing sentiments and they are almost always differentiated based on the community being policed. There are three recognized policing styles:

The watchman style works to keep peace by resolving disputes. A TV show that characteristically depicts this style is the Andy Griffith Show. The great deal of discretion the Sheriff or law enforcement officer has under this style is vulnerable to being perceived as biased and discriminatory. Let's face it. Andy could overlook a lot of offenses and it may very well be the best justice, but when discretion is used to overlook some things and enforce others, there is opportunity for some to claim unfairness.

The legalistic style is the response. Instead of wide leeway in discretion, officers have one standard: strict enforcement of the law. This style is much more likely to be adopted by departments that produce large numbers of arrests and traffic citations. Most calls for service are resolved in a formal manner in which an arrest or a formal complaint is made. Even if everything isn't "by the book" everything is at least "kept on the books." There is a higher level of accountability and auditability. TV example: CSI.

The service style is characterized by a differentiation of event responses based on what serves the interest of the community. While the watchman style is more characteristic of rural communities, and the legalistic style is characteristic of urban cities, the service style might be characteristic of blended surburban towns. A response to drunken teenage hooliganism on Homecoming night is likely to be tempered with discretion while handling a ring of auto thieves that are chopping to trade parts for wholesale quantities of meth is going to be handled more legalistically.

Indeed, only the very naive would think the police are for keeping the people safe. Not only have the courts ruled for the police that the police have no duty to protect, but police by their very nature are mostly reactive. In fact, the four approaches to crime in criminal justice are: crime deterrence, retribution, incarceration, and rehabilitation. Most people that have jumped to the conclusion that the police are the only thing keeping us from total anarchy, first, have no regard for God or the conscience he gave men (not supposing the latter itself is sufficient to keep order, but certainly the police are not the ONLY thing keeping us from mayhem), and second, must suppose that police are the only deterrent. Considering that police are a modern institution from only the 18th century and which primarily emerged in 19th century England, it seems implausible that civilization existed for thousands of years beforehand with no deterrence in the absence of police. Indeed, considering that crime rates can hardly be shown to have been reduced from pre-police times, it calls into question just how much deterrence police exhert.

So if we suppose police have at least a mild deterrent effect and their "crime prevention" efforts are effective at all, we might have a reduction in crime rates as a result. If deterrence doesn't stop the crime affecting you personally, the police will not protect you. Instead, they will participate in "retribution." This is the process where if the criminal can be identified and apprehended, they will be brought before the judiciary to be accused by the State which will seek retribution in the form of punishment such as fine or incarceration. Is that what's meant by "keeping us safe"?
© 24hourcampfire