Home
Posted By: RockyRaab Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
So, I'm going on a short fishing trip soon. I have a cabin at a state park reserved. If I were going alone, I'd throw a sleeping bag and some MREs in the car and be ready to go. But...I invited my wife. Now, It seems like Eisenhower's Logistics Chief for D-Day may be needed. I think the house will be pretty much empty when (and if) we finally pull out.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Best of luck Rocky. Happy fishing and keep a tight line…
Posted By: Sig220 Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Good luck on your fishing! Enjoy the peace and quiet if you can!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
You married a list maker did ya.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
MRE?

booooo

Vienna sausages for winners
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
I purchased an 8.5 foot Lance camper for the back of the GMC. It severely limits what Momma can pack. And the boat pulls along fine behind it.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Things are bound to get better at some point. I hope you catch some fish.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
MRE?

booooo

Bourbon B-B-Que viannies at that!
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Get lots of fish. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21

Originally Posted by slumlord
MRE?

booooo

Vienna sausages for weiners (Fixed it for you)
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
We're up to four bags of groceries and kitchen stuff, one huge shared duffel bag of clothes, two more small bags of "her stuff", and an ice chest. That doesn't count the boat, boat stuff, fishing gear, sleeping bags, blankets and pillows, or bait. There are clothes to drive in, clothes to fish in, clothes to sleep in, and even clothes to walk to the showers in. Seeing all this, I packed extra booze...
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Catch the BIG UN!! eh!
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Every fisherman needs an anchor.😁😁
Posted By: rem141r Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
when i go to my camp i have a small red bag pre-packed that takes me all of 30 seconds to refill with underwear, etc. i have been known to live for days on a couple pounds of lunch meat, some pickles, mustard and a loaf of bread. if i am doing any advanced planning then i'll swing by the IGA on the way in and snag a couple red baron pepperoni pizzas. beer and booze are always there ahead of time. when my wife goes we have a car load. most of it i have no idea what it is.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
You're blessed
After 51 years, I don't think I'll trade her in, but this is going to be a trial. She doesn't fish, she's never been in the boat, and she's used to comfort. I haven't the courage to tell her the boat doesn't have a toilet...

On the plus side, if I ever say I'm going fishing for a week, she'll blanch and say "Leave me here!"
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
"Drive all day to the lake, take the boat across the lake, then cast toward shore"
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Rocky - I've often said about my wife, it would be easier to just install a trailer hitch on the house...

Good luck - have fun!
Posted By: Pugs Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Rocky - I've often said about my wife, it would be easier to just install a trailer hitch on the house...

When we bought the cabin in WV my wife said "oh it will be great, we just toss out clothes in and we're off". For 10 years of owning it we filled the 4Runner up every damn trip. crazy No, other than a fishing rod, vest and waders none of it was mine.
Pugs, our "wimmins" got along as well as we men did. So it's no surprise.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
So, I'm going on a short fishing trip soon. I have a cabin at a state park reserved. If I were going alone, I'd throw a sleeping bag and some MREs in the car and be ready to go. But...I invited my wife. Now, It seems like Eisenhower's Logistics Chief for D-Day may be needed. I think the house will be pretty much empty when (and if) we finally pull out.

Lol….I can relate except it’s usually me that packs enough stuff for all weather and ocean conditions. I always pack extra gear including rain gear and without fail it gets used. I take everyone’s ribbing over how much I pack yet it always gets used by those giving me a hard time. 😁

I’d rather have it and not need it versus needing it and not having it. The problem comes when I’ve done a thorough packing job but I have so much stuff that I can’t find it.

Have a great fishing trip and enjoy the time spent outdoors with your wife, it doesn’t get much better than that. 👍
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Doesn't linux have an app that helps you in planning a fishing trip? Maybe even let you print off a checklist to ensure you don't forget anything... 🤭
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Originally Posted by rem141r
when i go to my camp i have a small red bag pre-packed that takes me all of 30 seconds to refill with underwear, etc. i have been known to live for days on a couple pounds of lunch meat, some pickles, mustard and a loaf of bread. if i am doing any advanced planning then i'll swing by the IGA on the way in and snag a couple red baron pepperoni pizzas. beer and booze are always there ahead of time. when my wife goes we have a car load. most of it i have no idea what it is.

Agree but dill pickles and spicy brown mustard.
Posted By: hatari Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
[
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
………… Seeing all this, I packed extra booze...

It is for this wise advise shaped by experience that I look to you for council.😉
Posted By: Morewood Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Originally Posted by FatCity67
You married a list maker did ya.

You have no idea. I call her the wedding planner.

RockyRaab - maybe you can get the wife a She-Wee. Wife has used one on some boating trips.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by rem141r

Agree but dill pickles and spicy brown mustard.

goes without sayin'
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/21/21
Rocky, you are going so you have succeeded. My wife has become my main hunting and fishing partner and doesn't travel light. She can snowshoe 5 miles and make a good dinner in a motel room so she earns her keep. When we are in bear country she sings so we are safe.

The best thing about playing in the outdoors w/ your wife is watching them disrobe to pee on a cold windy day while proclaiming the biological superiority of men. They really appreciate that.grin

mike r
Posted By: EdM Re: Two-Day Fishing Trip - 09/22/21
I am blessed with my wife in every way. She was not pleased with the Alaskan brown bear hunt....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

© 24hourcampfire