Home
https://www.yahoo.com/news/juvenile-hunter-fatally-shoots-suspected-182100715.html
Montec G5's or Slick Tricks?? That's all I want to know...

"A Missouri boy fatally shot an alleged thief with an arrow after catching the man trying to steal a tractor on a family friend’s property, authorities said Tuesday.

The unidentified juvenile, whose age has not been released, was walking toward a tree stand where he planned to hunt deer with a bow and arrows when he saw the suspected intruder stealing a lawn tractor and wood splitter from the property Friday afternoon, according to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.

The boy called his father and a confrontation ensued between the two adults, authorities said. During the incident, the suspect allegedly ran toward the juvenile, the boy’s family told investigators at the scene.

The family’s attorney said the young hunter warned the man several times to stop and was “in fear of his safety” as the accused thief came closer, according to the sheriff’s office. The man apparently did not stop, so the boy released an arrow that fatally struck him, authorities said.

The suspected thief was identified as 40-year-old Michael Stotts. The juvenile shooter was not taken into custody, but the investigation is ongoing.

Authorities said the property has been the site of several recent thefts."
Sounds like this young man grew up pretty quick. Sorry he will have this as a memory but sometimes life gets that way.
I hope the boy suffers no legal jeopardy. Style points for using a bow!
Hopefully it was a good shoot. A lawn tractor isn’t worth dying over or the stress of being charged with murder over. If there’s no backstory and the kid defended himself from an attacking thief good on the kid.
I wish there was a season for deadbeat thieves.
I despise a thief, as was said if there’s so backstory I hope the kid comes through this OK.
Well, they said the guy continued to charge the kid. That’s “disparity of force”, assuming the kid is not a 160 pound 17 year old....

Don’t know Missouri’s laws, though.
Broadhead to center mass will leave a mark.
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Sounds like this young man grew up pretty quick. Sorry he will have this as a memory but sometimes life gets that way.

I hope he feels like he did the world a favor for the rest of his life.
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Well, they said the guy continued to charge the kid. That’s “disparity of force”, assuming the kid is not a 160 pound 17 year old....

Don’t know Missouri’s laws, though.

Missouri laws are very favorable. Castle doctrine, stand your ground, etc.
Originally Posted by Ringman

I hope so too. Jefferson county is southwest of St.Louis and according to one of my customers in that area they have a huge meth problem. For years he's said you can't leave anything unlocked or secured in some way without it getting stolen.
I hope Rage Broadheads makes a commercial out of it.
Easily the best news I heard all day. Hope he is cleared of all charges. Doubt it would see a jury trial.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Grim Reaper.. lol
Originally Posted by mirage243
I hope Rage Broadheads makes a commercial out of it.

Best response so far! That’d make for a great ad! LOL
A little rage in the cage

lol
This may be the best news I have encountered all day.

Well put.
Sniff, 😢.I love a story with a happy ending.
Shouldn't this be in the Bowhunting Sub-Forum
As my elderly black neighbor woman once said about a robber that got fatally shot, "I don't no way feel sorry fo him, he fount what he were lookin fo".
Reminds me of the parody.....

Thief---"You think more of your property, than you do of my life?"

Owner----"No, you think more of my property, than you do of your life."
Burt Reynolds bagged one too.
Kid’s goin’ Boone & Crockett already.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Stick some “deer ranch” antlers on him and do a jackalope type mount?
Dirtbag democrat voter engaged in a crime comes after a young man and the headline reads... "Juvenile hunter fatally shoots suspected thief with arrow: cops"? He's more than a thief. Typical bullchit yahoo headline.
Here's another story. I looks like the Perp was well known to police. I suspect they won't investigate this one too hard. It looks like good riddance. One thing for sure, he won't cause any more trouble.

https://www.myleaderpaper.com/news/...beb36d8-1b2e-11ec-bc9f-470efce3a013.html
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I hope the boy suffers no legal jeopardy. Style points for using a bow!

Right on brother
Originally Posted by reivertom
Here's another story. I looks like the Perp was well known to police. I suspect they won't investigate this one too hard. It looks like good riddance. One thing for sure, he won't cause any more trouble. https://www.myleaderpaper.com/news/...beb36d8-1b2e-11ec-bc9f-470efce3a013.html
Every time it turns out to be someone that is no stranger to law enforcement. If the courts would just do their job and put them behind bars then teenagers wouldn't have to be put in the position of killing these dirtbags.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Hopefully it was a good shoot. A lawn tractor isn’t worth dying over or the stress of being charged with murder over. If there’s no backstory and the kid defended himself from an attacking thief good on the kid.

Killing vermin isn't murder.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Here's another story. I looks like the Perp was well known to police. I suspect they won't investigate this one too hard. It looks like good riddance. One thing for sure, he won't cause any more trouble. https://www.myleaderpaper.com/news/...beb36d8-1b2e-11ec-bc9f-470efce3a013.html
Every time it turns out to be someone that is no stranger to law enforcement. If the courts would just do their job and put them behind bars then teenagers wouldn't have to be put in the position of killing these dirtbags.

Truer words were never spoken.
I see it in my minds eye the sheriff looking at the kid and saying good shot placement, neat clean job of gutting him but damn it you don't put your buck tag on a coyote
. Lol mb
Poor kid. Broadheads kill as well as bullets, but they don't generally "stop" anything.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Killing vermin isn't murder.

Nope it isn’t. I have no problem with shooting a thief on moral grounds alone. I hope it works out for the kid. I’m old enough and have enough home owners insurance that I wouldn’t do it without being in absolute fear for my life even if it’s morally deserved. Hopefully it all works out for the kid. Idk what the situation was but letting cooler heads prevail over a lawn tractor if possible and don’t know that it was in this case is the best option especially given today’s legal climate.
Dayom. Thats better than a 12 point buck.

Almost did that with a belligerent trespasser once when i was about 14, but i had a 12 ga with 3 in 00 buck in it.
When he made a move toward after i hailed him down, me with my pump Monkey Ward Mossberg over my shoulder with my rt hand holding the grip with my finger on the trigger and i jerked my rt arm and hand down the gun flipped from over my shoulder and pointing away from him to instantly pointing directly on him he decided it best to head for the nearest fence.
Good shoot! One less turd!
"Didn't go twenty yards, the blood trail was massive."

They are working on the next edition right now.......

But first they have to answer the question if full mount or just head mount. And how to create the habitat. Just the branch of a tree or an old lawn mower.
a thief that charges you deserves to die.
I don't care how tall he is or how much he weighs, or if he knows martial arts.
I simply am unconcerned about the life of a thief.
this is a "feel good" story.
My only concern is not about the thief, but about the boy.
Hope he is not made to feel guilt over this.
Finally - a 'feel-good' story.... laugh
Little man went all Geronimo on his ass.

More to the point, a thief, after being warned not to, charged at the boy, and was shot with an arrow by him. That's a good shoot.
Originally Posted by Hastings

I hope the kid doesn't suffer any repercussions from this. Why is this guy out on the streets?

In December 2016, he pleaded guilty to producing or attempting to produce a controlled substance with the intent to distribute, a class B felony, stemming from a Sept. 2016 incident in Warren County. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison but was released and placed on five years’ probation after completing a treatment program, court records show.

In March 2019, Stotts was sentenced to seven years in prison after pleading guilty to receiving stolen property, a class C felony, tied to an August 2016 incident in Jefferson County. The sentence was suspended, and he was placed on five years’ probation again, according to court documents.

In March, Stotts was charged with resisting arrest, a class A misdemeanor, connected to an encounter with De Soto Police, and two months later, he spent 10 days in the Jefferson County Jail after pleading guilty to first-degree trespassing, a class B misdemeanor, following a December 2018 incident in Jefferson County, court records said.
Drugs......a victimless crime. LOL

Clyde
Muzzy? Rage? Which broadhead?
Originally Posted by RUM7
"Didn't go twenty yards, the blood trail was massive."

Those were my questions. How long was the blood trail? Was it a “Stevie Wonder” blood trail?

Pope and young 😁
Was he able to continue to his deer stand as planned.....shame if a thing like crime prevention would cancel a deer hunt.
Good thing the boy or the Dad didn't call the cops first or the dirt bag would still be amongst the living. Probably, maybe, 30 days in the clink and right back to being a thief.
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Was he able to continue to his deer stand as planned.....shame if a thing like crime prevention would cancel a deer hunt.
His best bet would have been "no comment" and then " I am going hunting, how about y'all get him off our property".
I guess we should all get one tag a year. Be Well, RZ.

Boone and Crockett? It's just a spike.
© 24hourcampfire