Home
Posted By: gregintenn Computer guys help please! - 09/23/21
My wife brought home a new laptop, docking station, and two monitors. I got it all hooked up, but the monitors didn't work. I right clicked on the home screen, clicked on display, and then clicked on something that shut off the laptop screen. Now I can't see what I'm doing to try and turn it back on. Whadda I do before my wife blows a gasket?
Call the tech support line
"All agents are assisting other customers at this time. Your call will be ignored in the order it was received."
Return it then. You have no business owning it,
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Return it then. You have no business owning it,

It belongs to her employer.
windows 10 can be a pain, look at the blank screen section below. Sometimes holding f8 works while booting it up

https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how-to-boot-into-windows-10-safe-mode
Originally Posted by gregintenn
My wife brought home a new laptop, docking station, and two monitors. I got it all hooked up, but the monitors didn't work. I right clicked on the home screen, clicked on display, and then clicked on something that shut off the laptop screen. Now I can't see what I'm doing to try and turn it back on. Whadda I do before my wife blows a gasket?

Did you plug the monitors in ?

🦫
Posted By: EdM Re: Computer guys help please! - 09/23/21
Her IT department should deliver it running.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Computer guys help please! - 09/23/21
Buy flowers asap.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
windows 10 can be a pain, look at the blank screen section below. Sometimes holding f8 works while booting it up

https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how-to-boot-into-windows-10-safe-mode

I tried this. Didn't work.
Is it plugged in?

Have your tried restarting it?
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Is it plugged in?

Have your tried restarting it?

Yep. No dice.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Computer guys help please! - 09/23/21
Using your phone or computer Google how to setup dual monitors for windows.
Posted By: Walker6 Re: Computer guys help please! - 09/23/21
Probably just parallax. Make sure you’re sitting right in front of the monitor.
Docking stations? Connect one laptop directly to one monitor.
Greg, when you unplug the external monitors, the laptop screen doesn’t come back on? On all the laptops I have seen, they’re smart enough to know when nothing else is plugged in.
Also, most laptops have a function key (F whatever) that toggles between the laptop screen, an external screen and both. You can try cycling through with that function key.
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Docking stations? Connect one laptop directly to one monitor.

By golly, there's a start! Thanks.
Now I can at least see what I'm doing.
I think I'll let her work it out with IT tomorrow.

Thanks for the help, guys!
Smack your self with a baseball bat hard enough to leave marks, lay on the floor until she gets home and act like you have no idea what the hell happened, last thing you remember was her leaving.........
Posted By: m1919 Re: Computer guys help please! - 09/23/21
Sent you a pm
FYI, I am IT for a Fire Department and 911 center. Feel free to PM me if you want. Or, if it’s not a rush, by all means make them help you.
© 24hourcampfire