Home
Posted By: visalia6mm New bike - 09/23/21
Anyone have any familiarity with the crf450rl?

This thing should be a doozy getting me back into the woods this season.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: New bike - 09/23/21
Looks like that should bring you some smiles.
Posted By: gunzo Re: New bike - 09/23/21
Awesome!

Late model Hondas are usually up to date or near cutting edge. I love the damn things. Hope you are young & agile enough to enjoy.
Posted By: Joshm28 Re: New bike - 09/23/21
Hope it’s got electric start. Those are a PIA to kick start.
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: New bike - 09/23/21
Originally Posted by Joshm28
Hope it’s got electric start. Those are a PIA to kick start.

Leg breaker I would assume, if you don't turn it over until you've got the piston right about TDC before you give it a kick.

Badass bike! Should have craploads of torque.
Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: New bike - 09/23/21
Great bike! Hope you're in shape though. The Honda 450RL 's are H-E-A-V-Y! However, if it's all you're used to, probably won't know otherwise. For comparison, the KTM 500 EXC is 20-30 lbs lighter. Doesn't sound like much, but it's very noticeable when riding, especially in the woods.

Additionally, they're choked up big time with emissions garbage, so you'll want to add a JD Fuel tuner or new ECU. Without either, or, the bike will feel very anemic and be prone to stalling in slower, tighter trails. These are all well known issues with the RL's.

Good luck with the bike and enjoy. If you ever get a chance to hit some mountain trails, I'd highly recommend it. Just returned from my annual "Boy's Trip" to Colorado, where we put in several days of riding mountain single track. Riding off road, especially in the mountains, is simply therapeutic. Already looking forward to next year.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: DMc Re: New bike - 09/24/21
Looks awesome. Looks street legal. Do they have an aftermarket carry rack? Have fun!
Posted By: gregintenn Re: New bike - 09/24/21
No idea what the “l” denotes, but the 450 R is quite a machine even if it’s a bit overweigbt. Honda is the gold standard in everything they produce in my opinion.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: New bike - 09/24/21
That will be a seriously fun motorcycle.
Posted By: smarquez Re: New bike - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by visalia6mm
Anyone have any familiarity with the crf450rl?

This thing should be a doozy getting me back into the woods this season.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Go join VitalMX and ask around. I think there's a guy that goes by Team Green that has a lot of time on one. I know they can be uncorked and remapped and then they run pretty solid.
Posted By: smarquez Re: New bike - 09/24/21
[quote=wbyfan1]Great bike! Hope you're in shape though. The Honda 450RL 's are H-E-A-V-Y! However, if it's all you're used to, probably won't know otherwise. For comparison, the KTM 500 EXC is 20-30 lbs lighter. Doesn't sound like much, but it's very noticeable when riding, especially in the woods.

Additionally, they're choked up big time with emissions garbage, so you'll want to add a JD Fuel tuner or new ECU. Without either, or, the bike will feel very anemic and be prone to stalling in slower, tighter trails. These are all well known issues with the RL's.

Good luck with the bike and enjoy. If you ever get a chance to hit some mountain trails, I'd highly recommend it. Just returned from my annual "Boy's Trip" to Colorado, where we put in several days of riding mountain single track. Riding off road, especially in the mountains, is simply therapeutic. Already looking forward to next year.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][/quote
Are you the white sheep of the Orange Brigade? I know so many people that ride Colorado in the summer, I need to get off my ass and figure it out.
© 24hourcampfire