Home
Posted By: 1911a1 Pilfering Pears ... - 09/24/21
....will get you a 95 grain fusion in return

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Pilfering Pears ... - 09/24/21
Gray squirrels get most of our pears. Some of them get a 22LR hollow point for their efforts.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Pilfering Pears ... - 09/24/21
The squirrels ate every single walnut on my folk's Black Walnut tree. They also did severe damage to the pecans... Cotton tails took several bites outta' every single mellon in the garden. Little bastids.

Brother has shot several with the 'ol .20 cal Sherridan, but to no avail.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Pilfering Pears ... - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by High_Noon
The squirrels ate every single walnut on my folk's Black Walnut tree. They also did severe damage to the pecans... Cotton tails took several bites outta' every single mellon in the garden. Little bastids.

Brother has shot several with the 'ol .20 cal Sherridan, but to no avail.

The Sherridan, how hard is it to get pellets? How old is that pellet rifle by the way?
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Pilfering Pears ... - 09/24/21
1911a1: My Sherridan has got to be at least 40 years old. I still have a schite-load of .20 cal pellets from back in the day, so I haven't purchased any new pellets since that time. A quick search just now, shows .20 cal pellets to be widely available.

That Sherridan hadn't been cleaned or maintained for decades and still works. It was looking rough and the stock was loose and dry, so last year, I tightened it up and completely slathered up the danged thing with some chainsaw bar oil I had drained out of an old chainsaw. It was a bit sticky for a while, but looks a lot better now and it is still accurate - I'd say minute of squirrel brain accurate - or close enough, but my eyes aren't nearly as sharp as they once were.
© 24hourcampfire