Home
Posted By: wabigoon Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
I just did, by mistake. blush
Posted By: rem141r Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
ya, for real a few times. and not in pleasant circumstances.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
At least it was not in the middle of the night.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21

I wish the emergency button wasn't always on the list when starting to make a call. I can see how it would be easy to accidentally touch.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
Posted By: DW06 Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
Yeah, a few times I just prefer to forget.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
Yes. Several times. Four time "medical," and one time "fire!"

L.W.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
When I was 7.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
I have our local county sheriff dispatch # in my contacts.

Call them a couple times per year.

Last was for a prairie fire I started.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by SamOlson

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: gunzo Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
Once, twice a year.

There is a long gradual curve in the highway in font of my house that sneaks up on some drivers. I hear the tires squealing, then thump. Another car in the field next to me or on top of my mailbox across the road.

I grab my cell phone, a pair of leather gloves, the glass breaker with seat belt cutter & hobble toward the scene. Thankfully, most are not hurt but have to at least call for the Sheriff for traffic control & such.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
No.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by SamOlson

I have never had any problems remembering 911. I think that is why they use 9-1-1.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I just did, by mistake. blush

Mistake? 3 numbers starting with 9 vs 11 numbers starting with 1. I think another reason they use 9-1-1 is to avoid mistakes. LOL

What did you think you were calling?
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
I dial 1911 ((((in my best Clint Eastwood voice)))
Posted By: slumlord Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21

Originally Posted by MPat70

LOL
I was listening to a Cardinals baseball game, I must have pocket dialed?
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
I was listening to a Cardinals baseball game, I must have pocket dialed?

Good way to get the cops at your house, kick down the front door and dump a mag in your dog while cuffing you.

Saw it on youtube.
A very polite young man!!!!
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
Yep, about 15 years ago. We were going home from dinner one evening and drove past a low income housing complex. A fat Mexican was drunk off his ass, stark naked, and shaking his dong at every car that passed.

After laughing ourselves silly, I dialed 911 and snitched on Julio the dong-shaker.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I dial 1911 ((((in my best Clint Eastwood voice)))

Around here, we dial 811.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
a few times.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
Once on the wife, once for myself, once the wife called for me.
No fun ambulance rides each time.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/24/21
Couple of times.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Originally Posted by MPat70

Classic!

lol
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Ya i call 91 couple times - had to

Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Yup once I told the broad to shut and listen told her what was going on and said good bye.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Originally Posted by ironbender

Around here, we dial 811 and they'll mark underground utilities.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Originally Posted by auk1124
Yep, about 15 years ago. We were going home from dinner one evening and drove past a low income housing complex. A fat Mexican was drunk off his ass, stark naked, and shaking his dong at every car that passed.

After laughing ourselves silly, I dialed 911 and snitched on Julio the dong-shaker.

911 is supposed to be used only for emergencies, not so you can feel superior.
Posted By: Otter Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
No, I have not. We were playing volleyball in my sister's back yard and I jumped and came down just right (wrong?) and dislocated three joints in my foot. Somebody yelled for my sister to call 9-1-1. She got flustered after pushing the "9" paused a bit then asked "where's the 11?". Funny now . . . not so much then.
Posted By: shootem Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Yep. Once when a crazy passed a double line of traffic in the median of the interstate going thru Chattanooga at about 70 mph. Woman in the front with him and a kids head sticking up in the back.

Another time going thru Atlanta at night on I-20 and an apparently DRUUUUUUNK dude was taking up 3 lanes by hisself and varying his speed between 50 and 100 or so. In a van. Stayed behind him long as he stayed under 80 waiting for the po-po to show. But he exited and I relayed the info to headquarters.
Posted By: Lonerider Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
I have called 1911 before!!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Just once. 2 vehicle accident ...it went well.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
We had a phone over at the cabin that was given to us by a close friend. Had a 911 button on it. This phone was old and used batteries, we never installed the batteries. One day I picked up the phone to make a call and the buttons didn’t work, I pressed everyone of them and hung up the phone after no response. About 15 minutes later we got a call back from the 911 center. I told them it was a mistake that our phone was having issues. Phone still didn’t work after that.
Posted By: hanco Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
No. Not yet
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Once when I got a gun pulled on me by a drunk on I-94 in the middle of BFE North Dakota. The driver was swerving all over the road. I waited until he swerved way to the right and made my move to get around him. I may or may not have flipped them off when I went by. whistle

They had a faster vehicle than my gf's 4 banger grocery getter. The passenger pointed a pistol right at my face when they came up a long side of us and I dynamited the brakes. Took down their license plate number and watched where they got off the interstate at.

That was pre-cell phone so we had to drive another 40 miles before we found a pay phone.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Yes, but EMT, Fire Department, I have never called 911 for LE assistance and never will.

I see no situation where I would call LE for assistance.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
yup sure have
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Yep, called 911 today.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/28/21
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by ironbender

Around here, we dial 811 and they'll mark underground utilities.

Correct. When someone breaks into your home, dial 811 so you don’t take out the phone line digging the hole. 😉
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
If you've never called 911, you either lead a very sheltered life or have you head in the sand.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
Originally Posted by ltppowell
If you've never called 911, you either lead a very sheltered life or have you head in the sand.

LOL, oh you were so important the world couldn’t survive without you.
Idiot
Posted By: Jericho Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
a couple of months ago one of my coworkers couldnt breathe and I called 911, everything turned out fine. Several years back I was sitting here on the computer and a guy on a motorcycle wiped out in front of my place and I called 911 but got no response. A minute later I got a call back, but medics and LEOs were already on the scene
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by ltppowell

LOL, oh you were so important the world couldn’t survive without you.
Idiot

I guess you just drive past a major accident in the middle of nowhere.
Posted By: sierrabravo45 Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
1. Car rolled 5 times in front of me. Elderly person who fell asleep at the wheel. They walked a way with scratches.

2. Car rolled at some point and I was first by it. Called when I could get reception.

3. Pocket dialed them somehow while driving the tractor. That was a pretty funny one. Hung up and they called back.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
I know someone that had the cops come to their door and asked if they called 911. They said they didn't. They brought the officers into the house and found the littles kids playing with the telephone. Guess one of them accidentally dialed 911.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
Let us thank God we have 9-1-1.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
While back we were driving down the interstate snd saw a plane doing some crazy maneuvers. Spiraling, diving, stunt type stuff. All of a sudden it dropped out of the sky and crashed down to the earth. It was a ways off, so couldn’t see after it got below the tree lines. Had the sickest feeling in my gut, my wife started crying….. I called 911 and told the lady what we’d just witnessed. She started laughing, I’m like WTF?! She says we been getting those calls all afternoon, it was some RC airplane club having a show….
Felt like a dumbazz!
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
I’m more thankful for 1911. God made man, Sam Colt made them equal.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
Let us thank God we have 9-1-1.

Yup!

I always wondered who developed that system.

Did god come up with the 511 for highway updates?
Yes Mike.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
I responded when they called 911.
I thank you Tide!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
Yes Mike.

Then, thank you god!
😁
It's complex Mike, many of our modern '"miracles" have been brought by revelations of The Holy Sprit.
Posted By: Krazi Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
I got a kick out of my son when he was about 8 or 9. He says " I know what to do if you get hurt dad I'll call 991"
I thought great I'll bleed to death on a fast busy signal!
When I was on the FD a lot of cell phone fires.
people would call in from 10 miles away without a clue what was burning where
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
Yes. Witnessed a mid-air collision. Turns out it was all for naught as there were no survivors.
There is nothing wrong with leading a sheltered life either. It is a blessing that most don't have.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Ever dial 911? - 09/29/21
Twice.

Once one night a buncha thugs were having an argument outside a fried chicken joint, one retrieved a baseball bat from his vehicle. I figured heads were about to get busted so I called 911. I was on a bicycle across the street. Didn’t wait for the outcome.

I ride a pretty big loop in the morning when time permits on a bicycle on my way to work. Nice areas some section, bad others. One short cut I don’t take much is an alley past a run down apt complex.

Twice over the last three years or so in that alley I’ve ridden past junkies shooting up. First time was a couple of guys sharing a needle, second time a guy, maybe thirties, was sitting on the edge of a mattress shooting up. A girl who coulda been in Middle School judging by her size was sleeping under a blanket, only the top of her head visible.

I called the Cops on that one soon as I was around the corner. Didn’t wait to see the outcome, I was late to work.
© 24hourcampfire