Irish spring....

And Dapper Dan.....

😄😄😄😄😄
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21
"Don't you wish everyone did?" laugh
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21
Lava
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21
Wabigoon: Since 1948 when my mother began cleansing me with it - then I began using it as a child.
I have beeb using it for 73 years now - I hope there are no "side-effects" from using it.
I still prefer it today although I now use the pump bottle to dispense it upon myself.
I like it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: hanco Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21
Many years ago.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21
Used it for years until my Dermatologist said it was one of the worst for dry skin.
Posted By: vapodog Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21
dove and only dove.....
Posted By: MtnHiker Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by vapodog
dove and only dove.....

This^^^^
Dial will dry you out.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21
Yes but not since I grew up and realized there are much better and less caustic soaps available. It’s very rough on gentle skin and it’s the absolute worst for leaving a terrible soap scum on the shower glass. In fact I actually saw a couple of local yacht charter companies that specifically forbid their clients from using Dial soap on their yachts because it leaves a soap scum residue that’s difficult to remove. I thought it interesting that the high end yacht charters actually prohibit 1 and only 1 type of soap.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21
Dove bar soap and Native deodorant is what we use here.

Native deodorants and anti-perspirants don’t contain aluminum and other additives that are associated with memory problems.. It’s more money but it works great, doesn’t cause irritation to those with sensitive skin (not me) and the ingredients aren’t linked to dementia or Alzheimer’s. My wife switched after watching her dad deteriorate from Alzheimer’s. She wants to avoid anything that contributes to memory issues and while deodorant is not the likely cause of her late dad’s problems she wants to hedge her bets and I support her.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21

L-A-V-A
White, at least once a day laugh
Posted By: sackett Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/24/21
yup. I hang the bars on my fruit trees to help keep the deer away. And it works for the most part......
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Used it for years until my Dermatologist said it was one of the worst for dry skin.

Same here. I switched to Tone as he recommended. Seems pretty basic, not much perfume or chemical smell. Does the job.
Posted By: eric1186 Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
No sir...Suave shampoo for everything...
Posted By: Jungleland Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
White, at least once a day laugh

^^^^^this^^^^^
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Use whatever gel my wife buys me in the shower.

The soap dish at the sink has Ivory.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
I have, but not much lately.
It's priced higher here than a lot of the other soaps
and since the manufacturers cut down the size of
the bars by roughly an ounce, I went back to
Ivory, coast, and Lever 2000

The folks that use shower gels probably never
noticed the cut back because you can just add
water to make up for cutting back on the soap
actually in the bottle
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Use it Daily
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Used it a long time ago off and on. Now I use Duke Cannon.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
We use Safeguard bar soap.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Wabigoon,

Dial soap sure beats dial 911 for the shower.
But I like the plain castle soaps since I was a lad.
Here's my go to most of the time.

https://www.drbronner.com
Posted By: oldcuss Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Why do you ask?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
For the last 5 years we've used my wife's homemade soap, from beef fat. It lasts much longer than commercial soap and gets the skin clean.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
dove and only dove.....

+1
Posted By: add Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Wabigoon: Since 1948 when my mother began cleansing me with it - then I began using it as a child.
I have beeb using it for 73 years now - I hope there are no "side-effects" from using it.
I still prefer it today although I now use the pump bottle to dispense it upon myself.
I like it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

^ ^ ^

Slum Load approved VG!
Posted By: kennymauser Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
I have used nothing but Dial soap for at least 20 years. I like it because it will rinse off and not leave my skin feeling soapy like the stuff my wife puts in the shower. And it keeps me "squeaky clean" grin
Posted By: 1minute Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
If one wants real manly stuff, go back to the days of lye soap on the old country farms. Whatever might be on you, that stuff would take it off.
Posted By: kennymauser Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
dove and only dove.....

+1

The bar girls in Ubon Thailand loved Dove soap---------we Airmen used it for bargaining for favors. (you know what I mean) wink
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
For the last 5 years we've used my wife's homemade soap, from beef fat. It lasts much longer than commercial soap and gets the skin clean.

How is her soap made?
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Do not use Dial for happy soap.

Ever.

P
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Dr squatch pine tar.
Originally Posted by kennymauser
I have used nothing but Dial soap for at least 20 years. I like it because it will rinse off and not leave my skin feeling soapy like the stuff my wife puts in the shower. And it keeps me "squeaky clean" grin

Dial anti-bacterial soap for me. The yellow one. Rinses completely off instead of making me feel all greased up.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
I don't care for this soap.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Dr squatch pine tar.

I've been using some of their soaps. Trying to figure the one I like the best.
Posted By: MadTrapper375 Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
pine tar and fresh falls
Posted By: Muffin Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
For as long as I can recall, at least back to the 60's..................

https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/say-goodbye-antibacterial-soaps-fda-banning-household-item/
Posted By: Gunaddict Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Dove
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Zest-fully clean typically. But current 20 pack is a white Dial. I buy in bulk and really don’t think about it otherwise.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by 1minute
If one wants real manly stuff, go back to the days of lye soap on the old country farms. Whatever might be on you, that stuff would take it off.

Local hardware store sells soap made by a local elderly woman. 2 ingredients: lard & lye.

I liked it so much that I make my own now going on 4yrs. Good soap to use for hunting.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by MPat70

Local hardware store sells soap made by a local elderly woman. 2 ingredients: lard & lye.

I liked it so much that I make my own now going on 4yrs. Good soap to use for hunting.

Lye soap will take care of the chiggers that
are gnawing on your parts

Because of the dopers, lye is pretty much impossible
to find here. Has been for some time
Posted By: Gibby Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by RS308MX
We use Safeguard bar soap.

The brown was much better than white. Can't find it anymore around here. The white turns to mush.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Dove but it goes pretty fast. I remember Dial feeling harsh.
Posted By: rte Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Native deodorants and anti-perspirants don’t contain aluminum and other additives that are associated with memory problems.. It’s more money but it works great, doesn’t cause irritation to those with sensitive skin (not me) and the ingredients aren’t linked to dementia or Alzheimer’s. My wife switched after watching her dad deteriorate from Alzheimer’s. She wants to avoid anything that contributes to memory issues and while deodorant is not the likely cause of her late dad’s problems she wants to hedge her bets and I support her.

The only method of determining Alzheimers is dissection of the brain.They find an accumulation of aluminum in the fibril tangles.

Most people who have read about these issues will avoid aluminum.They caution not to use antiperspirants,aluminum pots and pans and not to drink from aluminum cans.

I've followed my dad's advice and have used Dr.Bronners peppermint soap.It's biodegradable and welcomed in areas where people are concerned about the environment.My last guide suggested a biodegradable soap since we would be washing/shaving/bathing in a stream that was inhabited by beavers.

PS: Edited to add that we also don't drink city water but instead distill it using a Durastill to process our water.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Bathe with Dawn dishwashing liquid. Got started when I was a teenager having to bathe under a deck hose on a trawler in the Gulf of Mexico. Actually used liquid Joy back then but we switched to Dawn. Both worked well in salt water. After spending 16 hours on deck with tons of fish and shrimp we needed a good washing.
Posted By: victoro Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
dove and only dove.....

Dove makes my skin itch and I get what look like tiny mosquito bites all over my body. Look up the ingredients in your Dove soap some time. All the ingredients are just chemicals even the one that claims there's a 1/4 cup cream in each bar. I started using an unscented soap made with coconut oil and the itch went away.
Posted By: las Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by MtnHiker
dove and only dove.....

This^^^^
Dial will dry you out.

And it floats - that came about as a manufacturing mistake.

You don't even have to - uh- bubble it from below. smile

For the record, I use most anything. Coconut oil soap is handy for hard water, or cold stream bathing - lathers better than most anything else.

In the garage, my sink soap dispenser is usually filled with Dawn.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by eric1186
No sir...Suave shampoo for everything...

LOL I use whatever is in the shower when I step in, which is usually Suave Shampoo. If it makes a lather and bubbles I wash everything with it.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by MtnHiker
dove and only dove.....

This^^^^
Dial will dry you out.

And it floats - that came about as a manufacturing mistake.

You don't even have to - uh- bubble it from below. smile

For the record, I use most anything. Coconut oil soap is handy for hard water, or cold stream bathing - lathers better than most anything else.

In the garage, my sink soap dispenser is usually filled with Dawn.

Ivory floats, Dove sinks.
Originally Posted by smarquez
Dove but it goes pretty fast. I remember Dial feeling harsh.

Ooooh ... I hate harsh soap. LOL
Originally Posted by rte

The only method of determining Alzheimers is dissection of the brain.They find an accumulation of aluminum in the fibril tangles.

Most people who have read about these issues will avoid aluminum.They caution not to use antiperspirants,aluminum pots and pans and not to drink from aluminum cans.

I've followed my dad's advice and have used Dr.Bronners peppermint soap.It's biodegradable and welcomed in areas where people are concerned about the environment.My last guide suggested a biodegradable soap since we would be washing/shaving/bathing in a stream that was inhabited by beavers.

PS: Edited to add that we also don't drink city water but instead distill it using a Durastill to process our water.

Your Dad is smart and your wife.
+1 on all of above although I haven't tried Native (brand). I use Dr B's almost exclusively and scent free soaps for laundry. Deodorants, there's lots of safe ones to choose from these days including essential oils.
They work best IMHO.
Since I was a teen, I started using Dr B's peppermint soap because it was concentrated, and always set up near little tributaries/ mountain streams. The aquatic life is most sensitive in those locations.

Aluminum pans, like teflon, is not good for cooking and beverages. Stainless steel is a good option albeit heavier for hiking cook sets.
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by MPat70

Lye soap will take care of the chiggers that
are gnawing on your parts

Because of the dopers, lye is pretty much impossible
to find here. Has been for some time

What do they use lye for?
Old Hat,

What the gts of each state had absolutely no jurisdiction to outlaw is now doing it as well as pressuring corporations to remove from selling. It's all under the "war on drugs" as they ship them in from SA and mid east.
I didn't know about lye being pulled either until now, but not surprised. I used to get a horse supplement from southern states. They will not sell it now because some state agency told them. I was told by the manager that some dealers use it to water down their drugs because it looks similar.
The state has no vested interest in our health and freedom.

Hazardous waste chemical, triclosan can't be diluted enough to make it safe. Yet, it's used in all sorts of antibacterial soap and hand sanitizers. Soaks right through the skin. All legal.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Irish spring , dial, ivory all dried out my hide really bad asked my md about it and he said Dove Mens+50 no more dry hide. Mb
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Irish spring , dial, ivory all dried out my hide really bad asked my md about it and he said Dove Mens+50 no more dry hide. Mb

I'll save you a hundred dollar office fee.

Use a castle soap like Doctor Bronners and right after the shower, rub in a little coconut oil. It doesn't leave you greasy and that Charles Bronson leather face will eventually be the envy of the Mary Kay Cosmetic party seniors.

Also eat heathy fats and quality fish oil.
Posted By: poboy Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Soap just seems a little extreme to me.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
I would prefer to use Dial or Lifebuoy carbonic when I can get it, but my dermatologist suggesting going with the Dove for sensitive skin soap. For some reason, as I've gotten older, my skin has become sensitive to a lot of things. There is no sunscreen I can use now, even the stuff for skin allergies or the straight zinc oxide stuff. They all make me break out in hives. The sensitive skin Dove is okay and a can get a block of about 15 or 20 bars at Costco for almost nothing.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/25/21
Haven’t used any Dial since this morning. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by cra1948
I would prefer to use Dial or Lifebuoy carbonic when I can get it, but my dermatologist suggesting going with the Dove for sensitive skin soap. For some reason, as I've gotten older, my skin has become sensitive to a lot of things. There is no sunscreen I can use now, even the stuff for skin allergies or the straight zinc oxide stuff. They all make me break out in hives. The sensitive skin Dove is okay and a can get a block of about 15 or 20 bars at Costco for almost nothing.

Cra,

Josh Axe has some information and a DIY formula.
The coconut oil works alone and IF you add zinc, get a bottle of zinc oxide with as few additives as possible and add it to the oil. It might be one of those in the commercial brands that causes irritation. If you use it, go easy and light after cleaning the face with distilled water and cloth.

Lastly, if you now the lawn or work in the sun, try to get sun exposure in the morning and cover in the afternoon. Afternoon sun causes burns more while there are healthier waves early.
Hope this helps.

HC
Posted By: victoro Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/26/21
Originally Posted by rte

The aluminum they find in peoples brains is from when vaccine makers were using aluminum as a preservative. It passes right through the blood/brain barrier. The tiny amount of aluminum you might get from aluminum pots/pans/cans passes right through you and the aluminum in deodorants isn't absorbed by your skin.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/26/21
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by rte

The aluminum they find in peoples brains is from when vaccine makers were using aluminum as a preservative. It passes right through the blood/brain barrier. The tiny amount of aluminum you might get from aluminum pots/pans/cans passes right through you and the aluminum in deodorants isn't absorbed by your skin.

I'm with you on the injection of aluminum.
How can we know that aluminum cans and cookwear doesn't get into the brain too?
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/26/21
What is soap ??
Posted By: rte Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/26/21
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by rte

Unfortunately nothing you posted is even remotely accurate.

Aluminum has never been used as preservative.It has been and is still used as an adjuvant.Look up that word and you may learn something.

The term "tiny" is never used in science.Any amount of heavy metals are toxic to humans.What levels and what damage they cause is dependent on multiple factors.The scientific community doe know this: aluminum is a heavy metal with known neurotoxic effects on human and animal nervous systems.

Your claim that aluminum "passes through you" is supercilious at best.It has been demonstrated to accumulate in the human body.

Are you an apparatchik for Alcoa? Maybe you work for the federal government and your statement is always "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you".lol

I also forgot to mention to avoid baking power and buy those products which state "aluminum free".
I'm with you on the injection of aluminum.
How can we know that aluminum cans and cookwear doesn't get into the brain too?

Most of the cookware we use today is coated with something and aluminum cans are coated too. Even if they weren't any tiny amount of aluminum you did swallow would will go right out with your poop. It would have to be digested to get into your blood.
"Aluminum has never been used as preservative."

It has been used in vaccines and other drugs no matter what you call it and it can end up in your blood stream.
"Your claim that aluminum "passes through you" is supercilious at best.It has been demonstrated to accumulate in the human body."

How much aluminum from pots, pans and cans do you estimate you have swallowed in your lifetime? No matter what the amount is your body can't digest it so it can't get into your bloodstream. There's no doubt aluminum will accumulate in your body once it gets in your blood steam and that was my point.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/26/21
We used Dial Soap when I was a kid, but being up-to-date people, we switched to Push-Button Soap as soon as it became available.
Posted By: DMc Re: Ever use Dial Soap? - 09/26/21
Haven't seen "Coast" mentioned. Use this and Irish Spring.
© 24hourcampfire