Home
Posted By: Santiam Shatner is going to space.. - 09/25/21
Kinda cool..

https://www.newsmax.com/us/startrek-shatner-bezos-rocket/2021/09/24/id/1037860/
Hahaha too funny.
Never saw anything with him in it that I liked. Wish him luck.
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Shatner is going to space.. - 09/25/21
Leave his ass out there…
Posted By: add Re: Shatner is going to space.. - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Never saw anything with him in it that I liked. Wish him luck.

MannLicker's Northern cuzin'?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
To boldly go where no man has gone before.

Don't take Sulu. Dude's a queer communist.
Shatner? I don't even know her.
Shatner Panties.

Lolol
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Walter Brennan cleans up nicely.

Nice shooting’, Bill!
His singing is remarkably bad, but you can't blame a guy for trying... or maybe you can. That was appalling.
Wtf

PCP laced cigg?
Sounds more like a vastly overinflated ego.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Parody by Capt. James T. Kirk.
As bas as Buckwheat Sings
O tay!
Originally Posted by High_Noon

This in spades ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally Posted by add
Shatner Panties.

Lolol

That was the one that I first thought of.
long gone are the girls in mini skirt uniforms..
guess it will be O'Hairy at the communications console
If I make it to 90 I'll go hunting to celebrate.
Different people have different ambitions... hope he has fun.
He’s always been a lousy actor and a dickhead, but he’s the original Captain Kirk, Star Trek is shown in reruns 50 years later, and I think it’s pretty cool badge for the guy to pin on as his days wind down.

And he sure as hell has lived long and prospered.
It'll be interesting to see how he handles the G-forces and weightlessness. They're hard on a young body and he's 90. He might be in need of Voyager's online doctor before they get back down. I wonder of Bezos is taking him for a study in geriatric space flight.
Meh. These up and down flights are little more than a very expensive carnival ride. A once in a lifetime thrill, to be sure, but they are in no way "astronauts" because they have zero ability to control events or intervene in the automated sequence. That, IMHO, ought to be a qualification in the definition of astronaut status. They are no different than airline passengers, none of whom are granted pilot wings after flying.

The recent SpaceX orbital mission, on the other hand does qualify. Those four were not just passengers, they were crewmembers. The Commander and Pilot had control screens and could have intervened or took over control if the need arose, and the two others had mission responsibilities.

I wish Shatner well, and I hope that he isn't the first to die during the flight, thus becoming the reason why the whole industry gets shut down.
This one is more than an up and down ride. They'll be in orbit for 3 days.
I hope his heart's in good shape. Pretty cool to think Captain Kirk is going on a space ship mission. Much shorter than his five year mission of the series, and he's much less likely to find any new life, or new civilizations.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
This one is more than an up and down ride. They'll be in orbit for 3 days.

So a three day mission.
Posted By: JLimbo Re: Shatner is going to space.. - 09/25/21
It'll be interesting to see how he handles the G-forces and weightlessness. They're hard on a young body and he's 90. He might be in need of Voyager's online doctor before they get back down. I wonder of Bezos is taking him for a study in geriatric space flight.

It can't be to bad. They put John Glenn on the space shuttle to the International Space Station at 88.
Glenn was an experienced astronaut and likely in pretty good shape. Shatner is a Hollywood blob.
RC, I think you have things confused. Shatner's upcoming flight is on the SUB-orbital rocket of Blue Origin (Bezos). The three-day orbital mission was flown last week, and was by SpaceX (Musk). Shatner will go up and down on a Flaming Phallus - and it tickles me to write that.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Shatner is going to space.. - 09/25/21
Some engineer is mocking Bezos else he is a moron.

Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by High_Noon

This in spades ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shatner made fun of his perceived overinflated ego.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
RC, I think you have things confused. Shatner's upcoming flight is on the SUB-orbital rocket of Blue Origin (Bezos). The three-day orbital mission was flown last week, and was by SpaceX (Musk). Shatner will go up and down on a Flaming Phallus - and it tickles me to write that.

The OP article, 2d paragraph, says its a low orbit flight.
The reporter doesn't know fecal matter from shoe polish,RC. Orbit and space are not synonymous. Blue Origin's New Shepard rocket cannot achieve orbit. It is named, in fact, after Allen Shepard's 15-minute sub-orbital flight in the Mercury program. Blue Origin's orbital-class rocket (if it ever flies) will be called New Glenn, in the same vein.
Hard to believe that this skit appeared on SNL at what seemed like a very long time after the series ended, yet Shatner seemed quite young vs his current 90 year age today.

Originally Posted by RockyRaab

The OP article, 2d paragraph, says its a low orbit flight.

I don’t think I’d argue with Rock about space schit.

LOL
© 24hourcampfire