Home
Yeah, I watch too many Andrew Zimmern shows, & don't even like him. But I enjoy learning about the cuisines of other countries. Some think it's part of the travel experience. I whole heartily agree.

Yep, it says country, or outside the US, please.

Texas.

For the BBQ & Chicken Fried Steak.

grin
France and that's the only reason.
There are a lot of countries I would like to sample the cuisine from, unfortunately there are very few I would actually travel to right now. Marrakesh was featured on a food show I watched recently and I must say I am intrigued. Not likely to happen since my wife does not like seafood and 90% of their diet seems to be of the swimming variety.
I’ve only been to a few other countries, but would go back to Ireland in a heartbeat, but I’m a fan of comfort food and good beer. Germany had some outstanding food, and excellent beer, I was surprised by the variety of sausages, and schweinhaxe (sp?) would be worth the trip itself. I had a couple remarkably good meals in Poland and learned to beware of the street food in Prague.

Looking forward to a family trip to Bavaria, Austria, and northern Italy next summer.

Old70
France and Italy
I'd start at Genoa, head south along the coast, and eat my way all the way down to Palermo.
Italy.
Canada.
Sorry RockinB, I'm editing the thread. Texas is not a country, not yet anyway. laugh
Originally Posted by gunzo
Sorry RockinB, I'm editing the thread. Texas is not a country, not yet anyway. laugh

And chili without beans is just soup.
I knew there would be plenty of folks saying Italy and France. And that's for good reason. But, also had some fantastic food in Salzburg and Vienna, Austria. If you go, try the Goldenen Ente in Salzburg and the Naschmarkt in Vienna. The beer is also outstanding.
Been to Most of Europe, Most of the Middle east, some of Asia. I think last count was either 13 or 15 different countries. less than 5 days doesn't count. So Carrier port calls of less than a week not included in those numbers. All those countries I spent more than a week in. Ranked in top 5:

Greece
Turkey (tied with Italy for 2/3) this covers most if not all Middle eastern food.
Italy (tied with Turkey for 2/3)
Singapore (Nation State, but for this discussion, it counts. It also covers almost all Asian cuisine)
Germany

Honorable mentions: Japan, Spain
Italy. Then Mexico.

BP...
Thailand
Greece seems very desirable, Turkey? didn't see that coming.

Spain mentioned, I'm drawn to Portugal, that much difference?
As a youngun we lived in England for 4 years, mother is British, If I could go back and get my grandmothers rost beef, roast potatoes, broad beans, home made mint sauce and yorkshire pudding I'd go in a heartbeat....................
I used to watch a ton of No Reservations.

My favorite was probably Ecuador. For some reason, I would love to go there for the food.

Probably all of central and south America actually, but that episode in Ecuador was the best.

Ecuador is probably a schit hole now....or a worse schit hole than it was.
Japan and Singapore. I love nearly all Japanese cuisine staples, although breakfast takes a little getting used to. The Chinese fusion cuisine in Singapore is the best in the world as far as I can tell.
no but when i retire in a few years i told my wife we are going to fly to orlando or thereabouts cheap and rent a nice car and drive all the way up through my old stomping grounds of fl, ms, la and tx just for the food.
Hands down Italy
Originally Posted by Muffin
As a youngun we lived in England for 4 years, mother is British, If I could go back and get my grandmothers rost beef, roast potatoes, broad beans, home made mint sauce and yorkshire pudding I'd go in a heartbeat....................

spent some time in England. That was without a doubt the Absolute worst food ever. we ate at probably 10 or 12 different places in the time we were there. Horrible, I lost 10 lbs. Good luck finding a decent steak place, Brits have no idea how to cook beef. lamb was tolerable, bacon and vegetables were the staple. I'll give them bread, I had some decent bread but anything else was just abhorrible.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Texas.

grin

I know Texas ain't a country, but it gets my vote too. No reason to leave the good ol' US of A for some fine dining. grin
Texas.

Chicken express (I'm not proud of it, but I love that place), good mesican food, and the only type of barbecue.
Italy is a no brainer.
Some of the best meals I ever had (and cheap) were in Uruguay
Would do Germany and Japan again for sure.
Always wanted to try Portugal/Spain, maybe Lebanon when not blown to pieces.
On business travel, best three consecutive dinners I ever had were in Calgary of all places.
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Japan and Singapore. I love nearly all Japanese cuisine staples, although breakfast takes a little getting used to. The Chinese fusion cuisine in Singapore is the best in the world as far as I can tell.

some cities you can get anything in:

Tokyo
Singapore (again not necessarily a city but if you've been there you know)
Manama
Kuala Lumpur
New Zealand. They know how to cook lamb and have amazing seafood. Good wine too. All around great place to visit.
SA, & at the present, Chile looks like the bomb. Tons & tons of seafood seems to available big time. Their second choice is beef, preferably steak. They even have national law on a certain steak. Has to be from a particular breed, a heifer no older than 17 months, 3-4 fingers thick, charred over coals out, rare in.

I drooled while watching.
Originally Posted by Colorado14er
There are a lot of countries I would like to sample the cuisine from, unfortunately there are very few I would actually travel to right now. Marrakesh was featured on a food show I watched recently and I must say I am intrigued. Not likely to happen since my wife does not like seafood and 90% of their diet seems to be of the swimming variety.

Enjoyed a week in Marrakesh in May of 2019. You’re right about the seafood: fresh grilled “sardines” are the bomb and not at all like what we think of as sardines. But to me the main event was the lamb. Incredible! Their signature style is anything cooked in a tagine, a slow cooking technique with rich spices. My wife says she’d like to go again for the food, the oranges, dates and mint tea. I’d go again for the sunsets and the starry night sky…and the food!
Japan
Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France, anywhere around the Alps. Maybe some beer and wine too. Ya!
Germany and Austria for me.
Gods Country!
Originally Posted by travelingman1
New Zealand. They know how to cook lamb and have amazing seafood. Good wine too. All around great place to visit.

That is surprising.
Southern Italy to the town where my grandparents came from. Would like to see if their food is what I remember from my Grandma.
Don't get me wrong, I think the good ole US of A probably has a larger variety of food in the world. Some authentic, some maybe not.

Heck, with so much going on, I decided to let my passport expire. So much available right here. But some of those travel for the food shows sure get my attention. Others? Not.
Italy, obviously.

Germany, Austria, The Scandinavian countries, Switzerland.
Like the food and have dribbles of ancestry from these.

A bit from England and Ireland also. Probably some good food there too.
But my expectations would be lower.
Texas.

grin

Dayom. I was gonna say that. And Tex-mex. And outside the US too.
Originally Posted by travelingman1

If Trump doesnt get back in their goose will be over cooked.
Poland - went there Roe deer hunting, amazing food.

Germany, France, Italy, Greece
Another vote for Turkey. I was stationed there years ago and loved the food.
Bosnia or Croatia

Been to both.

Worked with a lot of people from there.

Love the food. Bread, soups and sausages...
Italy, Spain, France. ...but not in today's world.
Any country bordering Mont Blanc, India.

You can sample the finest cuisine from around the world in Las Vegas if you are travel averse and enjoy a good freak show.

mike r
Vietnam, without hesitation.
Italy for me. Friggin' good eats there.
Originally Posted by skeen
Texas.

grin

I know Texas ain't a country, but it gets my vote too. No reason to leave the good ol' US of A for some fine dining. grin

Amen !!!

Mary’s Cafe in Strawn TX 15 miles N of I-20 between Abilene & Ft Worth.
Biggest and Best Chicken Fried Steak I’ve had anywhere.
And cream gravy and French Fries to die for.
Islay, Scotland. Scotch is food.
No where. I might just put a beefsteak on the BBQ.
How can you beat that? Our own Longhorn beef that is.
Another show I used to watch was Bald and Bankrupt on Youtube.

He made Belarus sound like a good, cheap place to eat.
Zona G (for Gourmet) in Bogota, Athens,Greece, Israel, a little Uzbek restaurant in Seoul, the Netherlands, Norway, and believe its or not a Georgian place in Moscow . Bogota in first place for the great food, wonderful people, and Club Colombia Gold beer. I would go back to any of these for the food.

Regards,

Kris
Malaysia for me. Can get pretty much any kind of Asian food you want. Fried rice, satay, fried plantains, roti canai, naan. Wash it all down with a “100 Plus” soda or a Milo Pang!!!

Oh man, brings back some memories.

I saw Singapore mentioned. When I was in Malaysia we would travel to Singapore occasionally. Never tried the good stuff because they had Taco Bell and that was the ultimate comfort food for an American living in Asia smile

That was in the good old days when they still had the chili cheese burrito!!!

Sri Lanka is also on my list for clay pot curry with rice!
Switzerland - for cheese/chocolate/wine.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Biggest and Best Chicken Fried Steak I’ve had anywhere. And cream gravy and French Fries to die for.

My last Burger at Mary's:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

...and my daughter snagged a stuffed animal with the very first quarter she used on that "Claw" arcade game at Mary's:

You need to try the Koffee Kup in Hico.
Germany.
I’ve enjoyed great food all over the world but I think Italy was one of the better places. I had surprisingly excellent pizza in Innsbruck Austria, very good Chinese food in Munich Germany and extremely rude service in Paris France. 😂

I would recommend fasting when you’re in England…..you ain’t missing much. Actually, getting a good buzz on in an old English pub and some late night kebabs and fish and chips along with some mushy peas and chips with curry sauce makes for one hell of a morning BM. If you’re craving a salad like I was you’re likely to be leaving disappointed. They looked at me funny and made a comment about rabbit food but the real kicker was when I asked for salad dressing….. I was offered “salad cream” (I think it was simply a miracle whip type mayonnaise and it was gross). I just used malt vinegar like I used for my fish and chips.

Just stay the hell away from “steak” and kidney pie. The rank smell of organs cooking permeates the entire shop and it even makes its presence known from the sidewalk outside.

The fun is in the exploration and without the occasional disappointment we’d not be as happy when we get a great meal abroad.

I’d like to go to Vietnam and Thailand for some gastronomic exploration but I fear that my gastronomic experience would morph into a gastrointestinal ordeal. 😬
I have been to dozens of countries.

Poland is the best IMO.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Biggest and Best Chicken Fried Steak I’ve had anywhere. And cream gravy and French Fries to die for.

My last Burger at Mary's:

...and my daughter snagged a stuffed animal with the very first quarter she used on that "Claw" arcade game at Mary's:

You need to try the Koffee Kup in Hico.

Yep. Biggest burger I’ve ever seen. Damn good onion rings too. Watch friends eat those burgers. I always get the “medium” chicken fried steak. 🤠

I’ll give the place in Hico a try.
Spain- Barcelona in particular
France
Taiwan
China
Greece
Greece and Croatian coast
South Africa, beers cold, steaks are the bomb and the seafood is the freshest I’ve had. The fried calamari will melt in your mouth. With the exchange rate on the ZAR a full steak dinner and beer will run around 12-14 USD.

Germany, each restaurant will have their own version of potato soup with dark bread.

Middle East, Mediterranean grill plates with fresh hummus, best grilled lamb chops.

Italy, it’s all good
Germany. Wife has family in Munich
Spain, anywhere along the Mediterranean Cost..............just fantastic.

The wine in Spain is pretty damn good too.

MM
Originally Posted by CRJ1960
South Africa, beers cold, steaks are the bomb and the seafood is the freshest I’ve had. The fried calamari will melt in your mouth. With the exchange rate on the ZAR a full steak dinner and beer will run around 12-14 USD.

Germany, each restaurant will have their own version of potato soup with dark bread.

Middle East, Mediterranean grill plates with fresh hummus, best grilled lamb chops.

Italy, it’s all good

I would agree with that described of South Africa.
I'm thinking that I may want to eat my way around Romania.

Ten someplace with many fantastic variations on seafood.
None..
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Chili with beans is soup...with beans.
Louisiana.
While I wouldn't be welcomed there, Yemen.
I did a foodie tour in Prague 2 years ago. I'd say you go for the beer more than the food. I made it a point to try the local dishes and I wasn't disappointed, but it was simple food - basically our meat and potatoes variations.
I've been to a few places in Europe, I think the food experience is what you make of it.
Of all the places I’ve been...... the Turkish mediterranean coast for seafood and choban salad. And Richmond BC for the Chinese food.

With an honorable mention for paella on the southern coast of Spain.
My biggest surprise was the quality of food in the Republic of Ireland. They don't allow franchises like Mcdonalds and KFC, and they make sure the mom and pop places are up to par. Any little hole in the wall pub or shop that serves food kills it.....at least that was my experience. Now, England is a different story. The only real good places there are ethnic like Chinese, and Indian.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Louisiana.

Ya!
Originally Posted by Remsen

Yemeni food?

Thats interesting.
Italy without doubt, the land of good food and mouthy women. I cannot understand why anyone would go to France for the food. Oops almost forgot Spain, good food and mouthy women. I am seeing a pattern.
Italy
France
India
Thailand
Greece
Dubai (middle eastern food)

Louisiana has some of the best food in the world.

The problem with food in the U.S. is that it's processed and preserved so much that it's ruined before it gets to the restaurant. The breads pretty much everywhere else in the world are much, much better than what we have in the U.S. because they're not made with all the preservatives. I can get better tomatoes in any grocery store in downtown Paris than the U.S. because they're fresh, they're not picked green and gassed with ethylene like ours in the U.S.

I travel for a living and food pretty much everywhere outside the U.S. is better than ours. You can obviously find good food in the U.S., but you have to search through a bunch of crap to find it. I can go to any restaurant in Italy and have a fantastic meal. In the U.S. if I just pick a place at random there's a 90% chance I'm going to get microwave heated crap prepared at a remote kitchen and shipped in a plastic bag to the restaurant.
Had awesome food everywhere I've been, culture is amazing. That said I won't travel anywhere just for the cuisine. Glad I've done it, but the food alone isn't worth it. The people, yes. Maybe there's a big part of it too.
I've also been in places with sheetay people and sheetay food so that might be a thing too
France
Italy
Japan
Spain
Russia
FRG.
Louisiana south of NOLA.
Yeah, I watch too many Andrew Zimmern shows, & don't even like him.

Why don't you like him?

I have met him.

Friendly and short (height & engagement)

Seemed a very focussed fella.
Taiwan has some very good food ..fresh seafood and very good hot pot.

Argentina is another. Excellent beef..... just don't bother ordering a salad there.. they don't know what one is

Costa Rica has some great food too ..and the tropical fruit is incredible

Italy and Switzerland are good for cheeses, dried meats, bread, and red wine

Some of the best Indian food I ever had was in England
Philippines. Oh, you said for the food. Nevermind.
This guy in Uzbeckistan .
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yemeni food?

Thats interesting.

There's a huge Yemeni Jew population in Israel and their food is among the most popular. It's a lot of grilled meat (lamb and chicken, mostly) with breads and spicy condiments. Whenever I'm in Jerusalem, I head for this place first (the website is in hebrew but if you scroll down you'll see what the food looks like). The combination of a spicy zhug with malawach (sorta like pita) and lamb stew is pretty hard to beat.

https://www.jbar.co.il/
Singapore has the best variety available anywhere, Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, Mauritius had the best seafood curry on the planet hands down. Thailand, Greece, Turkey, and Spain for honorable mention.

I'd give France and Italy a big meh,
Germany, France, Italy, Hungary, Mexico, Brazil.
Loved the food in Puerto Rico and coastal Mexico.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Louisiana.

Ya!

I would like to try that….and a Cajun queen 👑
JMHO- I have no desire in 2021 to travel to foreign
countries for food or cooze either one

Different story years ago
Ive been to 42 countries.

At least 35 of them with enough time to sample the local cuisine. In about 10 countries, I really liked at least one meal I had.

Overall, I'd take the USA for best overall food (note- I'm not talking about bullshit chain restaurants in 99% of the lower 48 towns)
Armenia. Ate a lot of Aremenian food in the Fresno CA area.

Old Mexico, as in the center of the country and also far south along the coast. Baja was nice, especially the homecooked food at the case de Antonio, of Antonio's Whale Tours, Campo Fridera, Laguna San Ignacio. First night we were there, he let us camp on his place and invited the 7 of us to his house for a lobster dinner cooked by his wife, all for just bringing a letter to him from his brother in the town of San Ignacio. And he made hacha ceviche a couple of days later and took us out in the panga to get close to the whales. I've never been far south in Mexico though to sample the regional cuisines.

Argentina might be nice.
India, Thailand, Indonesia, PI, Vietnam.
Japan
Mongolia
Russia/Georgia/Ukraine
Most anywhere around the Med, as I love food from there. Sicily is on a short list, but no longer having a desire to fly I'll likely never get to Grandpa's native village.

Maybe Greenland, so I can try whale and walrus and such. shocked
Peru. Best seafood in the world. Particularly ceviche. cool

Spain.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Loved the food in Puerto Rico and coastal Mexico.

Campeche, bring it on...
Originally Posted by skinnyjimmy
Italy.

Was stationed there for three years, of that, spent two weeks in Germany for Oktoberfest, in 2000. German food, beer and wine, hands down, no contest.
None.

There's an Ethiopian food truck here in town. Surprisingly great food. I just wouldn't go to Ethiopia for it.
Chicago.
South Korea, Southern China, and Cuba, Not in that order......
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Methinks we got us a boy fugker…

LOL
Greece.
As a kid in Chicago I "traveled" from Germany to Italy and Poland almost daily. Being first generation American I had numerous friends who were also the offspring of immigrants. Most of us had mothers and grandmothers who cooked foods from the mother countries and the local bakers and butchers were of the same ethnic groups.

I'd have German at home and Polish or Italian when visiting friends. It was awesome and the food and the museums are the only things I miss from that city. (Been gone since Uncle Sam called).

Military added Greek and Turkish to my eating experience, but nothing is better than German and Italian in my opinion.
Italy. Did it twice 2 weeks in a row.
Originally Posted by add
Yeah, I watch too many Andrew Zimmern shows, & don't even like him.

Why don't you like him?

I have met him.

Friendly and short (height & engagement)

Seemed a very focussed fella.

I would like to meet him and have a meal with him
I Love his show

He makes so many places look awesome
until they go to a place where 3 peas from whereeverthe hell makes a meal because some artist hits it with a propane torch

I grew up in Chicago
When he goes to the joins I love it when he goes to the yuppie places not so much
Hank
I agree with the folks that say Texas. I had a food epiphany at Cooper's BBQ in Texas.

Now, since Texas BBQ was heavily influenced by the Germans, I would like to visit Germany and find its roots. Grandma was a really good German cook, but it was nothing like that.

Beyond that, I can say that I have never had a bad plate of food coming from a Greek, Palestinian, or Jordanian restaurant.

It was the Macedonians that originally invented Cincinnati Chilli. They must have something else up their sleeves.

I also long to go to the Canadian Maritimes and eat myself sick on cheap seafood.
Originally Posted by shaman
I agree with the folks that say Texas. I had a food epiphany at Cooper's BBQ in Texas.

Now, since Texas BBQ was heavily influenced by the Germans, I would like to visit Germany and find its roots. Grandma was a really good German cook, but it was nothing like that.

Beyond that, I can say that I have never had a bad plate of food coming from a Greek, Palestinian, or Jordanian restaurant.

It was the Macedonians that originally invented Cincinnati Chilli. They must have something else up their sleeves.

I also long to go to the Canadian Maritimes and eat myself sick on cheap seafood.

LOL
Italy would be my 1st choice. China would be my last.

It's not cheap anymore, esp lobster and scallops. Supply & demand + the covid upped the prices.

I've only eaten lobster once this year and that was only a bit in a chowder.
Czech Republic
Awsome!
Originally Posted by SuperCub

It's not cheap anymore, esp lobster and scallops. Supply & demand + the covid upped the prices.

I've only eaten lobster once this year and that was only a bit in a chowder.

Oh well! (Sigh)
Texas.

grin

Amen !!!

Always heard Mary's was overrated. I've probably driven by the Strawn exit on 20 no less than a thousand times and never went there. I have heard the smokestack (I think is the name) in Mingus is great
i stay here
food from todal world right here in usa
Originally Posted by Senor_El_Guapo
i stay here
food from todal world right here in usa

Pretty hard to argue with that its Truth

Hank
Originally Posted by CRJ1960

Italy, it’s all good

Pretty much sums up my experience.
Texas.

grin

Cooked with mesquite wood, food in the other countries I’ve been to has been terrible.
Probably Canada. I hear all the women stay waxed
Canada, Smokies sausage.
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Methinks we got us a boy fugker…

LOL

#MountainABoner

LMAO
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Infidel !!
Thailand , vietnam, Itay, Spain, Croatia, Georgia has some great food

Texas bbq is ok. Was not very impressed with al of the hype
Italy
Italy is the only the country that I would ever consider traveling back to and it'd be for the food.
Back to Japan for the seafood & Kobe beef alone...
Of the places I've been, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Belgium (Brussels particularly).

Of the places I've not been, France and Italy.

The problem with eating in foreign countries is the risk of getting sick far outweighs the reward of eating exotic things.

I've been gotten sick from eating in nearly every country I've visited. I was terrified to eat much of anything in India.
Gunzo: Alaska - for their wonderful fresh Halibut and King Crab.
The "other countries" of the world can suck my ass.
My money stays (as much as possible!) IN the U.S. of A.!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Steve
Of the places I've been, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Belgium (Brussels particularly).

Of the places I've not been, France and Italy.

Loved the street pomme frites with mayo, and mussels , beer in Belgium
Originally Posted by Northerner
Back to Japan for the seafood & Kobe beef alone...

And more. Tokyo has some outstanding Italian food as well.

The Japanese really take pride in their work, so even places like McDonalds have decent food. The only McDonalds burger I’ve ever had that resembled the ad pictures was in Tokyo.

You can also find great Indian, Tibetan, etc. food without the fear of food poisoning that would come with eating in those locales.
Wow! Thanks all. A lot of givens, or what I might suspect. And some surprises. A matter of personnel taste likely.

As far as not liking Zimmern, I might if I knew him. He just seems so overbearing at times. A lot of restaurant patrons seem like they'd rather not be bothered by him. I guess he's got a show to do. But I probably can't forget about him telling of stealing women's purses in his druggie days, & seemingly his lack of remorse. But that's all the past & don't want want the thread to be about that. Should have kept my opinion to myself on personalities.

All this making me want to renew my pass port. Or, simply just take a trip to Apalachicola in Nov. for the Florida Seafood festival, & allow time to head west to New Iberia La. Crawfish season starts in Nov. as well.
Italy. Maybe Argentina.
None, already live there.
All of ‘em.

Well, except most of Africa and probably Puerto Rico.
Mmmmm.......Warthog anus.

Italy.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Texas.

grin

Amen !!!

Always heard Mary's was overrated. I've probably driven by the Strawn exit on 20 no less than a thousand times and never went there. I have heard the smokestack (I think is the name) in Mingus is great

The Smokedtack Restaurant is over rated & over priced.

Mary’s Cafe looks like dump. But the food is damn good and very reasonably priced too.

My favorite “Dive” Restaurant in TX. Foods always awesome ! Hot, served fresh, and you won’t ever leave there hungry. Or disappointed. And you’ll damn sure be full. 🤠
German food is very good, and varies by region. In the small northern towns, there is a bakery on every corner with fresh baked goods twice daily. Not much GMO stuff there either. Their beer ain't bad either. The open market stalls, especially their Christmas Markets offer great food like currywurst and fries, funnel cakes with a German twist and the best pretzels I've tried. Not a fan of the warmed up wine though..........
Originally Posted by Whiptail

The problem with eating in foreign countries is the risk of getting sick far outweighs the reward of eating exotic things.

I've been gotten sick from eating in nearly every country I've visited. I was terrified to eat much of anything in India.

You build up immunity over time laugh . Nothing like having the chits in asia with the squat toilets.

Cooper’s BBQ is highly overrated. And Expensive for what you get. Tons of better BBQ places in TX.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Gunzo: Alaska - for their wonderful fresh Halibut and King Crab.
The "other countries" of the world can suck my ass.
My money stays (as much as possible!) IN the U.S. of A.!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Trying to get a passport with warrants wouldn’t be smart.

Cooper’s BBQ is highly overrated. And Expensive for what you get. Tons of better BBQ places in TX.

Yeah, you can't just get good BBQ or chicken fried steak just anywhere.

I'm fond of the Salt Lick BBQ place, but it's too many miles away now.

I heard Houston is getting a Cooper's BBQ... Commercialized now.
Guatemala with Sally Struthers and the kids with flies all over their faces...

Have some ground up root paste or something.....
Originally Posted by badger
German food is very good, and varies by region. In the small northern towns, there is a bakery on every corner with fresh baked goods twice daily. Not much GMO stuff there either. Their beer ain't bad either. The open market stalls, especially their Christmas Markets offer great food like currywurst and fries, funnel cakes with a German twist and the best pretzels I've tried. Not a fan of the warmed up wine though..........

Bavarian cities are full of bakeries as well, great stuff! The regional sausage varieties are incredible. I share you opinion of gluhwein as well. Recommend heading to Bamberg for wurst and rauchbier.

Old70
I can stay right here in the USA and be happy with the food that is available here
Don’t even have to read this thread to post my answer - France or Italy. Best range of regional cuisines running mountains to coastal Mediterranean, and in Frances case coastal Atlantic as well. Best [bleep] in the world.

These areas of Europe had perfected cooking long before we brought the first groids here to ‘give’ us BBQ. Lol. And the England we came from was/is/and ne’er has been a nation with any reputation for producing great crops or livestock; nor game. Cuisine? Fuggetaboutit. They are great JUDGES of all things international in terms of food and beverage. Consumers only. So are we.
We've traveled extensively & eaten wonderful meals in so many places.

Regionality, changes many dishes & all are wonderful variations.

Long ago, we stopped going to big & fancy restaurants on our travels - experience is way truer at small mom & pop places.

Not looking to travel anywhere, other than North America at present though.
The damned French were perfecting cooking and cooking techniques that matched the times and lack of technology before anyone here ever conceived of an Ice Box - see CONFIT. There’s almost no discussion to even be had here. Throw in Germany for fun. More Alsatian the better to my palate.
Or one could argue gook.

Thailand, Italy and Germany in no particular order.
Poland.
Argentina.
Spain.
Portugal.
Greece.
Spain, because you get 3 for 1 cuisines: Spanish, Catalan, and Basque. Four, if you get close enough to Portugal. The only problem is that they don't eat until 10 pm in Spain, and I'm not awake that late, LOL!
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Spain, because you get 3 for 1 cuisines: Spanish, Catalan, and Basque. Four, if you get close enough to Portugal. The only problem is that they don't eat until 10 pm in Spain, and I'm not awake that late, LOL!

The food and eating experience in Spain is worth the trip, particularly the North for seafood, but stellar all around.

Yes Salt Lick outside of Austin is good stuff.

Anybody that thinks food in Texas is worth travel is a fugking moron.

LOL
Show us where the mean old Texans’s Hurt your little Pussy.
Fuggin whiny bitch.
And From the twat that thinks Burger King has good food.
Comedy Gold. You couldn’t make this schitt up.
Nowhere, I married the best German cuisine expert.

LOL
Fuggin whiny bitch.

Your raving about the Salt Lick is as funny as your fear of El Paso.

You’re full of fugking schit. On a good day.

LOL
There’s some furious typing and editing habbening.
Originally Posted by 3584ELK

A tribe not known for their mastery of the art.

Beats whale blubber.

Probably.

Never had it lol. But I’d be game to try it. I love fatty beef and pork cuts.

Uhhh, you sure about that?
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Beats whale blubber.

Probably.

Nobody goes out for Eskimo or German food.

The Germans are masters at a lot of stuff. Producing Export culture is one.

Cooking is not one of those things.

I believe it's because Germans have no feelings.

Rouladen morning...noon and night.......

Oh...and boiled potatoes too!

Beats whale blubber.

Probably.

Gruff cooks his steak until it’s Nigerian.

LOL

He wouldn’t know good food from good driving.
Never been outside the US. Places I would like to go for food:

Somewhere in Germany for Christmas Market. Maybe Nuremberg.

Vienna for the desserts and pastry.

Italy for the pasta.

France for everything.

Rouladen morning...noon and night.......

Oh...and boiled potatoes too!

A few million Jew killers can’t be wrong.

I’ll leave it at that.

LOL
Fuggin whiny bitch.

LOL

LOL.
Drunk and lying already ???
I said it’s good stuff. Never raved about it.
I forgot Debate and truth are your weakness.
Maybe you should stick to golf & iguanas. Or Burger King and loving on OJ.
Now off on your man bun scooter on another beer run.
I’m sure BoobyBrown will give you a reach around on the way.
Maybe y’all can hunt some iguanas with your Red Ryder on the way. Don’t get too drunk and fall off.

Beats whale blubber.

Probably.

LOL

I can’t type anything that isnt stupid mean. I’ll get back to tou

Beats whale blubber.

Probably.

LOL

I can’t type anything that isnt stupid mean. I’ll get back to tou

OK, retard.

LOL
Fuggin whiny bitch.

LOL

LOL.
Drunk and lying already ???
I said it’s good stuff. Never raved about it.
I forgot Debate and truth are your weakness.
Maybe you should stick to golf & iguanas. Or Burger King and loving on OJ.
Now off on your man bun scooter on another beer run now.
I’m sure BoobyBrown will give you a reach around on the way.
Maybe y’all can hunt some iguanas with your Red Ryder on the way. Don’t get too drunk and fall off.

Your dumb ass never had a good meal in your life.

Stop trying so hard.

LOL
I went to a Nicaraguan BBQ once that was killer.

And ordered the “fry bread.”

LOL
many years ago I dated a girl from Columbia, dang she could cook.

LOL

None of that schit.

Just a lot of meat......
Originally Posted by Jericho
many years ago I dated a girl from Columbia, dang she could cook.

Pfffft.

Columbian food fugking sucks.

But in fairness, so do the people. LOL

LOL

None of that schit.

Just a lot of meat......

“I’ll have The Buck.”

LOL
[quote=chlinstructor]

LOL
Fuggin whiny bitch.
Comedy Gold. You couldn’t make this schitt up. [/quote

You really don't want him to show us his blown up pussy do you? Hah!
Originally Posted by strikeu
Originally Posted by Muffin

spent some time in England. That was without a doubt the Absolute worst food ever. we ate at probably 10 or 12 different places in the time we were there. Horrible, I lost 10 lbs. Good luck finding a decent steak place, Brits have no idea how to cook beef. lamb was tolerable, bacon and vegetables were the staple. I'll give them bread, I had some decent bread but anything else was just abhorrible.

I lived for five years in England. The highlight of British cuisine was scones with clotted cream (a cross between heavy cream and butter) and strawberry jam. Out of this world.

A full English breakfast is fun once in a while, but I was happy I lived in London so there were lots of good Indian restaurants, a couple of decent Mexican places and other foreign cuisine available. Otherwise it would have been pretty dismal.

If I picked a country for the cuisine it would probably be Spain or Italy. France is also good. Belgium for fries, beer and chocolate.
Mexico!
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Mexico!

Subject is good food not cheap pussy.
ALABAMA!!! Best barbeque in the Confederate States!!
Czech Republic
I'd like to see how well my family's attempts compare to the old world originals.
Oh, and the beer!
Honestly can’t think of a foreign country I’d like to go to for any reason.
Hell is where the cooks are British
the mechanics are French
the lovers are Swiss
the police are German
and it’s run by the Italians grin

all that being said...

I grew up in a fish and chip shop and would go to England for that.

And if you’re ever in Ghana...

Fermented corn dough (“banku”) with groundnut (peanut) strew with okra and smoked tuna from the coast ain’t half bad 😎
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

That about sums it up.

Kinda fun to think about....but I am not going anywhere anymore.

Not going to show a Vaccine Hall Pass either.
With things being what they are in the world today, I'm guessing my foreign travel is all behind me. That being said, we traveled to Italy and stayed in a small town on the Amalfi peninsula, Sant 'Agata. One night we were walking through town looking for a "nicer" place to eat and stumbled upon "Don Alfonso".
It stood out among the other buildings as being notably upscale and we decided to give it a try. No luck, they were booked through our entire stay in the area.
Fast forward 5 years later and another visit to that town was getting planned so my wife made a lunch reservation. When we arrived a little early for our reservation we were ushered to a beautiful outdoor seating area and offered an aperitif and told give us fifteen minutes and our table would be ready but no hurry, the table was ours for the entire lunch sitting...that lasted until 5 pm.

The bottom line is, it was probably the most memorable restaurant experience we ever had. The service was second to none and the food, while very traditional was presented almost artistically. Several courses all paired with the best wine from all over Italy and most of the food was sourced from a farm at the tip of the peninsula. They even have a bull whose 2nd job is to produce "bullchit" to fertilize the garden.

We actually finished eating around 4:30 and were lucky enough to join a few other diners on a tour of the grounds and wine cellar.

I understand this is not for everyone. I had an uncle on the Polish side of my family that considered taking his kielbassi sandwich to the garage constituted "going out to eat". That genetic side of me comes out more often than not. Yes it was pricey, and in my opinion worth the experience. And if you ask how much you probably won't like the answer. Not being snobby, just honest. My second favorite place is a dive sandwich shop in Youngstown Ohio, so not snobby at all.

After I got home I did some research on the restaurant and several food writers have said "It is worth the cost of the plane ticket, just to eat there".
Anyone traveling to the Sorrento area might want to think about trying this place.

My son put it in perspective and reminded me he remembers stories from hunt camp days when we talked about dropping more cash at the local "shoe show bar" in Melborne Fl than I spent for lunch.
California

This ^^^^

I can get screamin cheetah diarrhea just from nîggers at burger king

I don’t need to go somewhere for rat soup or boiled rotten egg delight
England, I want to try their greasy food and canned vegetables!
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
England, I want to try their greasy food and canned vegetables!

While you are there, be sure and try Spotted Dick. Pour a pint of vinegar over your fries (chips) and smash the living schitt out of your peas.

Cucumber and butter sandwiches. WTF?

Enjoy the warm beer and expensive prices.

Do you know why the Britiots tried to colonize the whole world? They were looking for decent food.

If it weren't for the Indians, the only food you could get there on our anchored aircraft carrier would be like the sign on the pub: Hound and Fox.
Argentina, suppose to have some of the best beef in the world. Besides that I could shoot doves until I was tired of it.
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Mexico!

Subject is good food not cheap pussy.

or "where would you go for a good Donkey show"

That about sums it up.

PREZACTLY!!! I agree 100 % with Big Jim & Bob.

Plus I can get all the good food I need anywhere in the USA.

That about sums it up.

PREZACTLY!!! I agree 100 % with Big Jim & Bob.

Plus I can get all the good food I need anywhere in the USA.
Texas for the Tex Mex. We was a country, before we was dumb enough to join up with the USA. We coulda had a wall built a long time ago.
Originally Posted by slumlord

This ^^^^

I can get screamin cheetah diarrhea just from nîggers at burger king

I don’t need to go somewhere for rat soup or boiled rotten egg delight

No doubt Slum. Burger King schitts are the worse.
Do you know why the Britiots tried to colonize the whole world? They were looking for decent food.

laugh
© 24hourcampfire