Home
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Hey guys...any of you still think that the reason Republicans lose so many elections is because of the Blacks, Gays and Indians?

Well...you are wrong if you think that.

It's white folks. Supposedly conservative white folk.

It's your neighbors and fellow church goers.

It's these woke, fence sitting fuggers like Tarqueen that are offended by everything and vote their "beliefs".

Time to stop blaming demographics that don't hardly vote or number in the high millions.

I bet half the "conservatives" here didn't vote for Trump.

It don't take much sleuthing to find them.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Who really knows. I think most have come to the correct conclusion that voting doesn’t really matter, from class president to clown in chief.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
But they put out pretty quick
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Been playing that tune to myself since the 80's.

Repukes and Demonrats uniparty.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Originally Posted by FatCity67

I understand that being loyal to a fault is a bad thing.

But these "conservative" pricks would vote for a Democrat if they liked his tie better than the Republican's.

It's astonishing to me.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hey guys...any of you still think that the reason Republicans lose so many elections is because of the Blacks, Gays and Indians?

It's these woke, fence sitting fuggers like Tarqueen that are offended by everything and vote their "beliefs".

Time to stop blaming demographics that don't hardly vote or number in the high millions.

I think an even bigger problem is all the conservatives--more than 50% according to estimates--who don't vote at all.

Then you have whiners like Steve4102 who encourage people NOT to vote. If as many people in conservative districts in Georgia had voted in the Senate run-off election as voted in the general election in 2020, we would not be facing Biden's $3.5 trillion welfare expansion and tax increase bill.
Posted By: DavePrice Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
As Rush used to say, a moderate is a gutless liberal!
Posted By: ribka Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
I thought you died from the super deadly covid virus? Are you a ghost?

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

I think an even bigger problem is all the conservatives--more than 50% according to estimates--who don't vote at all.

Then you have whiners like Steve4102 who encourage people NOT to vote. If as many people in conservative districts in Georgia had voted in the Senate run-off election as voted in the general election in 2020, we would not be facing Biden's $3.5 trillion welfare expansion and tax increase bill.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Jim is not wrong. I've realized I'm the only one on the planet that shares all of my political views. So sometimes you just hold your nose and vote for the closest candidate. That closest candidate is never a Democrat and more government is never the right answer.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Taking the high road is a sure way to end up losing.
Originally Posted by Remsen

We had a Senator here years ago.

Conrad Burns.

We used to say he was a terrible crook.....but he was our crook.

Barry fugging Goldwater said that.

Well...not word for word.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Fatcity67: ANYONE.... who thinks the demonrats and the Republicans are one and the same is bordering on lunacy!
ONE instance depicting the vast differences in demonrats and Republicans - review the recent (last 16 years or so - remember these are lifetime appointments) Supreme Court Justices appointed by Republicans versus those appointed by demonrats!
Sheesh - pay attention man, PLEASE!
It is stupid people (like yourself?) who allow demonrats into office.
Another example, Republican President Donald J. Trump led this country to energy self sufficiency via policies and pipelines etc - stupid people then elected demonrat china joe biden and his ho and they immediately shut down pipelines and went to work attacking our energy industries - notice the price hikes in vehicle fuels and natural gas? And then demonrat china joe biden tried to beg the Saudi's (to no avail!) to "bail him out" - were you asleep during this time period?
Oil hit a mid-day price of $80.00 (eighty dollars!) a barrel a few days ago - under demonrat china joe biden and his ho's adminstration.
Let alone what the Republicans tried to do and got a good start on doing at our southern border and the resulting diminishment of illegal aliens there at back then!
Are you smart enough to see/comprehend what the demonrats have done and are doing to our now "open" southern border and the resulting hordes and legions and caravans of undesirables beeing allowed in and to stay by demonrats?
Double Sheesh.
My God man pay attention.
Sad.
For ANYONE to say or contend there is no difference between demonrats and Republicans today is simply an idiotic utterance!
Republicans are far from perfect but they are far and away BETTER for our country and for our Constitutional Rights than demonrats - of that there can be NO righteous disagreement.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21

Barry fugging Goldwater said that.

Well...not word for word.

I worked on his NV campaign back in high school. He was a Great American and a lot like Trump, but much smarter.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Many people don't even know what it means to be a conservative. Let alone vote for one. Trump implemented more conservative things in his 4 years than the so called conservatives had in a lifetime. Yet they hated his guts. People like Carl Rove and Bush. They are only conservatives in name, nothing more. What will it all matter now though, with rigged elections. They have taken the vote away from us men. We are only left with one option. Well two. The later being allow our republic to die.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Fatcity67: ANYONE.... who thinks the demonrats and the Republicans are one and the same is bordering on lunacy!
ONE instance depicting the vast differences in demonrats and Republicans - review the recent (last 16 years or so - remember these are lifetime appointments) Supreme Court Justices appointed by Republicans versus those appointed by demonrats!
Another example, Republican President Donald J. Trump led this country to energy self sufficiency via policies and pipelines etc - stupid people then elected demonrat china joe biden and his ho and they immediately shut down pipelines and went to work attacking our energy industries - notice the price hikes in vehicle fuels and natural gas? And then demonrat china joe biden tried to beg the Saudi's (to no avail!) to "bail him out" - were you asleep during this time period?
Oil hit a mid-day price of $80.00 (eighty dollars!) a barrel a few days ago - under demonrat china joe biden and his ho's adminstration.
Let alone what the Republicans tried to do and got a good start on doing at our southern border and the resulting diminishment of illegal aliens there at back then!
Are you smart enough to see/comprehend what the demonrats have done and are doing to our now "open" southern border and the resulting hordes and legions and caravans of undesirables beeing allowed in and to stay by demonrats?
Double Sheesh.
Sad.
For ANYONE to say or contend there is no difference between demonrats and Republicans today is simply an idiotic utterance!
Republicans are far from perfect but they are far and away BETTER for our country and for our Constitutional Rights than demonrats - of that there can be NO righteous disagreement.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You obviously have not been paying attention. I give you Mitt Romney as an example.

Carry on…
Posted By: Raeford Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Very, very few true conservatives reside in D.C.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Originally Posted by Springcove
Double Sheesh.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You obviously have not been paying attention. I give you Mitt Romney as an example.

Carry on…

And Chief Justice Roberts
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21

Hey! There's no more mean tweets!!
Posted By: las Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Interestingly, I just last night watched "Kill All Ones" - a Scifi on "Electric Dreams" video. We aren't that far from there, and headed there.

Edit: That should read "Kill All Others".auto correct with no proof reading.....
Posted By: rainshot Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
A moderate is a person that is afraid to come out of the closet as a democrat.
Mitch McConnell is not a moderate. He is an jackass that wants to keep the status quo and is willing to help Democrats destroy the Nation to do it.
Posted By: ribka Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
[b]Let alone what the Republicans tried to do and got a good start on doing at our southern border and the resulting diminishment of illegal aliens there at back th[/b]en!

The GOP did nothing to secure the border during Trump's presidency. Many of the GOP leadership pushed for more visas' and amnesty. Trump accomplished everything alone. Remember the great Paulk Ryan? Not even the great booger eater offered any help.

Anyone who believes the GOP has your back is a deluded fool and watches foxnews

Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Jim's on to something.....
Posted By: test1328 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21

I agree with you, Jim!
Posted By: las Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
True, Jim. Only now, Conservatives are viewed as the dangerous radicals by many voters. And still they have to rig the elections.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21

Dollar to doughnuts ~ the Palestinian fighters feared you.

LOL

🦫
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

That used to be the case, but the only major difference between most of them now, is who they get their money from.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Are we STILL talking about voting, as if it matters anymore? Hello? The Dems fixed the machines and the media. If Trump got 299 million they would have claimed 300 million for Biden.

Voting is no longer the way to get anything accomplished. Thought we all knew that by now.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Originally Posted by mirage243

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

That used to be the case, but the only major difference between most of them now, is who they get their money from.

Do you have any bullets for sale?
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
A lot of people can’t separate the person from their policies, even when the policies are beneficial to them.

“Trump has a filthy mouth, we can’t vote for him”

He raped women, says two whores...”We can’t vote for a man with no scruples.”

“He called John McCain a loser for getting captured” “That’s unacceptable ~ Can’t vote for that “

Just love Americans with their warped sense of morality...They’ll pitch a bitch about a President tweeting mean shît...Then go home and butt-fûck one of their kids.

Stupid people suck !

🦫

Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Repukes have elected more Presidents, Representatives and Senators than Demonrats since the Johnson Admin.

Where we are now?

You're the one that needs to wake the Fugg Up Dumbass.

Double Sheesh.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
White urban women are the real enemy.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Are we STILL talking about voting, as if it matters anymore? Hello? The Dems fixed the machines and the media. If Trump got 299 million they would have claimed 300 million for Biden.

Voting is no longer the way to get anything accomplished. Thought we all knew that by now.

I don't believe they needed to cheat as much as we all think.

I fully believe there was cheating. Absolutely.

But when half the "conservatives" here have a hard-on for Tulsi, hate mean tweets, and spend all their time fence sitting....the problem lies with "us".

Democrats ALWAYS vote Democrat.

It's has become clear that Republicans only sometimes vote Republican.

We can blame the "computers" all we want. That's the easy thing to do.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21

Yep. Both Bushs' were dimocraps. R voters just didnt know it.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21

But when half the "conservatives" here have a hard-on for Tulsi, hate mean tweets, and spend all their time fence sitting....the problem lies with "us".

You're right. Flipping two mildly dimocrap counties in Fl and 2 in Indiana that would have dumped him without the fraud got Zero in the second trip.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21

I understand that being loyal to a fault is a bad thing.

But these "conservative" pricks would vote for a Democrat if they liked his tie better than the Republican's.

It's astonishing to me.

e.g: Tulsi Gabbard voters.

(moderate suckasses)
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
The most efficient way to solve the problem would be to vote out all incumbents for a few cycles and to never vote for a career politician...or a lawyer. DJT got my vote because he was an anti-establishment disruptor. Only congress can break up the stranglehold that the bureaucracies have on America. Career politicians must become a footnote in history.

mike r
Posted By: slumlord Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Yep. Both Bushs' were dimocraps. R voters just didnt know it.

This ^^^

Spot on jag
Posted By: rem141r Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
anecdotally, i saw way more biden signs last fall in rural/red areas of PA than i did hillary ones in '16. i was pretty sure trump was going to take PA in '16 and pretty sure he was going to lose PA in '20. i just hope these idiots realize the error of their ways but i doubt it.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21
Moderate politician? Anyone with an R that thinks they're negotiating on the infrastructure nonsense.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Fugging "moderates" - 09/30/21

Yep. You're right. Republicans are worried about being seen as fair and good and they kiss a lot of democrat ass. Makes sense.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Goldwater knew that tying the Republican Party to the religious Right was a death sentence.

Look at us now. We are going to crucify a Conservative Governor because she may be someone's piece of strange.

The left would issue a run of limited edition trading cards for her. Talk about being a strong, independent woman.

She would end up Hero of the Party.

Dems don't eat their own. Republicans do.

Then we blame some fugging computer program when our candidates can't achieve the level of perfection we demand.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Dollar to doughnuts ~ the Palestinian fighters feared you.

LOL

🦫

Nah, they never even knew I was there. Funny thing about growing up in the US, with guns and hunting as part of your childhood, ya know?
Silent but deadly.....
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Preach it JC.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
I voted Trump and I was very surprised and upset to find some of my moderate neighbors voted fir Biden because Trump tweeted mean things. Milk toast moderates who vote their feelings instead of on policy issues. I don't understand how anyone could claim to be a conservative and not support Trump. Trump did more for conservative policy than anyone else in my lifetime.

A big problem with our culture is that so much is superficial and based on personality and looks. Some people thought Joe seemed like a nice old man but were to lazy to look into him and discover what a dangerous lying corrupt anti American racist idealog he really is. He seemed nice on TV and that was enough for many people.

It's the same dangerous personality ethic that keeps douche bags like Mitt in office. He seems nice and has good hair I think I'll vote for him. We've become far to complacent, lazy, tolerant, and apathetic to demand good leadership. In a tank of milk the cream rises to the top. Unfortunately American culture has gone from a milk tank to a cess pool.

Bb
Posted By: slumlord Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Silent but deadly.....

Church farts?
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
"Never trust a white liberal"
Malcom X
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Goldwater knew that tying the Republican Party to the religious Right was a death sentence.

Look at us now. We are going to crucify a Conservative Governor because she may be someone's piece of strange.

The left would issue a run of limited edition trading cards for her. Talk about being a strong, independent woman.

Then we blame some fugging computer program when our candidates can't achieve the level of perfection we demand.

Jim not all that believe in God and attend church are like what you're painting us to be. For one thing she is innocent of this as far as I'm concerned and even if she did do what they say she's not an outcast. I hope for the sake of her family she's innocent of it. Beyond that is not up to me.

Why the republican party is a failure isn't because of the religious right though. It fails because they really don't have the guts to be leaders for the most part and are very willing to just ride along. Trump was a true leader and he just happened to run as a Republican. He was a man that stood for this nation. He stood alone too, except for those of us that support him.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21

Nailed It, Jim!
Posted By: copperking81 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21

I don't follow the logic in blaming the religious right. They're not the moderates and I doubt they're tossing the SD governor under the bus just yet.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21

No hard on here.

Until the nekkid workout video surfaces.

But I'd likely not vote for her, just watch the video for a bit.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
The most efficient way to solve the problem would be to vote out all incumbents for a few cycles and to never vote for a career politician...or a lawyer. DJT got my vote because he was an anti-establishment disruptor. Only congress can break up the stranglehold that the bureaucracies have on America. Career politicians must become a footnote in history.

mike r

Especially families full of career politicians Read that as royalty if you like, there was this little Revolution thing to get away from that. Seems we never really did. Going back at least as far as the Adams' . European sensibilities? Or does it go back farther, to tribal ones? (Ug was a good leader so UgJr must be too?)

Politics and the running of the country is not the same as O'brien and Sons Plumbing and Carpet.
Originally Posted by copperking81

I don't follow the logic in blaming the religious right. They're not the moderates and I doubt they're tossing the SD governor under the bus just yet.

Tying the Grand Old Party to the Religious Right drove many that stood somewhere to the right of center on economic and some social issues further to the left.........
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
A lot of you are married to a Biden voter, at least statistically. Women vote in large numbers for dems. In general, they like to feel ‘taken care of’
Posted By: Ruger4Life Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
A lot of you are married to a Biden voter, at least statistically. Women vote in large numbers for dems. In general, they like to feel ‘taken care of’

Nope; “Taken Advantage Of”. There is no other plausible explanation that makes sense
Posted By: Ruger4Life Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Yup; you are spot on
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21

My wife’s more conservative than I am. Not afraid to express her views with anyone either.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
White urban women men are the real enemy.

Like you can even tell anymore. Start paying attention to how many more people there are these days that you can’t really tell if they’re male or female.
Posted By: arkypete Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
There's lots of republicrats that are no different then the libs, dims, progressives, socialists . Think of Romney!

Which is why minorities and single woman vote democrat. Married white woman of any given age and other demographic vote for Republican candidates at a similar level to their husbands.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Which is why minorities and single woman vote democrat. Married white woman of any given age and other demographic vote for Republican candidates at a similar level to their husbands.

This, and the left owns most of the school system and media. Keeping us stupid and easily herded.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Never underestimate the power of money. Democrats own poor people, unions and the comfortably numb, no matter what the individuals might say in the light of day.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
as Stalin said ""It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

This, and the left owns most of the school system and media. Keeping us stupid and easily herded.

Ahh just recalling the videos of triggered teachers from the last year and a half....
Mmm that is pleasant....
back to reality...
When the "get out th vote money" (illegal) started to be used for more than phuysically getting real but unmotivated voters to the polls and switched to finding a way to use the ballots for non voting voters...(still illegal)
Well that made it harder for conservatives to win...
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by rem141r
anecdotally, i saw way more biden signs last fall in rural/red areas of PA than i did hillary ones in '16. i was pretty sure trump was going to take PA in '16 and pretty sure he was going to lose PA in '20. i just hope these idiots realize the error of their ways but i doubt it.

You didn't see a lot of them in this area.
Except Everett. For some reason there are a
bunch of Dumbocrats there. Nice town, nice people.
Too stupid to get over party loyalty and smell the shït.
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Interesting thread and thoughts. Too bad you'll all hold your nose and vote R because other guy every single time.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Tying the Grand Old Party to the Religious Right drove many that stood somewhere to the right of center on economic and some social issues further to the left.........

Falwell was not a success story for the GOP.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by rem141r

You didn't see a lot of them in this area.
Except Everett. For some reason there are a
bunch of Dumbocrats there. Nice town, nice people.
Too stupid to get over party loyalty and smell the shït.

Rust belt union guys. You know, for the working man.

And they wonder..

Lol.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21

I like that... in many ways.

So what "values" do the religious right adhere to that cause people to turn to socialism? Is it that we hate abortion? That used to be the catch word that critics threw out there. Not going along with abortion was causing the republican party to lose elections. How much more wrong could that be! I'll also add this. If you can't be faithful to your spouse what can you be faithful to? I hope and pray that she is innocent. Not just for the sake of her future in politics but even more so for her husband and their kids. If that's not intact because she threw away her vows nothing else is likely going to come of any good, just look at the ilk the democrats have given us in years past. None of them seem to be able to faithful to anything other than their lust for power. Lewandowski should never been any part of anything she ever had to do with as he is a dirtbag if there ever was one. Truth be known he had an agenda to derail her that came from the swamp leaders and I am very sure he is quite capable of spreading lies to do that.

The republicans are not winning because they are impotent, gutless go along cowards. Any of you getting tired of holding your nose to vote for them yet? Trump was someone we could get behind and cheer him on. That's what's missing in the republican/swamp party. I almost forgot....the republicans are also self serving. Most of them anyway. So you explain to me how these people are going to lead this nation back to being a Republic.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Working across the aisle.....
Posted By: copperking81 Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21

So the moderates are blaming the religious right for making them moderate? We have to go liberal to save conservatism?
Posted By: deflave Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21

That’s part of the lie the left has sold ever since Roe vs Wade.

Before he died Rush hit on this a lot and it was missed by most that claim to be conservative Americans. Trump proved it.
Posted By: Diesel Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21

Spot on Big Jim. In a small group of lifelong "friends", I am sure at least half voted biden for superficial reasons. You see it here on the "Fire" if you read between the lines. Sadly, they vote emotion and not logic. You cannot even talk logic to them, it is all emotion.

Dems are even more emotion based and want to be part of the group. Being included into the "Elite" is what drives them. Dems need the "me too" inclusion to validate themselves and will march off the cliff blindly just to be able to claim they are an elite too.

True conservatives just want to be left alone and it just makes sense that activism is not in their DNA. Therefore, voting is a maybe for many in this loose category.
Originally Posted by deflave

Before he died Rush hit on this a lot and it was missed by most that claim to be conservative Americans. Trump proved it.

Please explain further.
Hell, Trump wasn't that conservative.

I said it.

He was way more moderate minded than I would have liked.
Might have fit right in in the other side in the 50's.
But back them you had conservative Dems and liberal R's.

Trump was Right Wing only by being right.

America First!
Build it, buy it, defend it, protect it. AMERICA!

Heck of a shame that's a party platform.
It should be a requirement for citizenship.

I said it.

America First!

A moderate stating Trump wasn’t conservative. LOL

Please explain further.

He went whole hog on abortion. Pulled no punches.

It was immensely popular by both the left and the right. It was an issue that the GWs skirted for a lot of years.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Time for the Fuqktard list.....

Originally Posted by Eric308
I'm voting for Biden,

Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Yes, I voted for Biden,

Originally Posted by JimFromTN
I voted for Biden

Originally Posted by gahuntertom
I am a 75 year old life long Republican. Last week I early voted for Biden, sometime when you hire some one they don't work out, that's the way I look at Trump.

Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I'd vote for Ted Cruz or Mike Lee or Allen West before I'd vote Trump. If it was something like Flop McRunny or Lez Shyny, I'd vote Biden again until the lesson sticks with even the stupidest.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I'm voting for Biden,

Yes, I voted for Biden,

I voted for Biden

I am a 75 year old life long Republican. Last week I early voted for Biden, sometime when you hire some one they don't work out, that's the way I look at Trump.

I'd vote for Ted Cruz or Mike Lee or Allen West before I'd vote Trump. If it was something like Flop McRunny or Lez Shyny, I'd vote Biden again until the lesson sticks with even the stupidest.

What a bunch of dumbasses.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Falwell was not a success story for the GOP.

One good example for sure.

Did Rush ever mention religion and politics are best not mixed together?

The Center is, and always has been, the key to winning elections, especially on a National level.

Trump proved it.

[/quote]

The Center is, and always has been, the key to winning elections, especially on a National level.

Trump proved it.
[/quote]

As far as I know Rush never embraced the idea of religion, ie. religious people, being excluded from politics. In fact he often spoke of the founders belief in God as being one of their most important attributes. He also shot down the leftist idea of separation of church and state. When many in the republican party were claiming the issue of abortion needed to be cast aside he came to the defense of the unborn. I'm sure there's a transcript of that.

I would argue that Trump was not at all a centrist. He went beyond what anyone ever had done in regard to taking things away from the center. Bush was way more center than Trump. Trump may not have acted as a conservative before being elected but he did more to further that cause than anyone since Reagan. He was and still is a national treasure as far as I'm concerned.

Trump proved it.

LOL

For somebody as old as you, you have a lot to learn.
Was Trump a swing towards center?

I never thought so personally.

I said it.

America First!

A moderate stating Trump wasn’t conservative. LOL

Trump swung toward the conservative side when he became a politician.
He showed little sing of being much of anything before that.
Just Pro-American.
Fiscally, was he conservative?
He was pro business, against high taxes.
But what about conservative in spending?

During 2015 to current, DJT has been more Right than ever before. He capitalized on it and made it his. God bless him for doing so. He has good council on what the Right wants and loves to piss off the rest.

But, I never intentionally listened to talk radio...
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I'm voting for Biden,

Yes, I voted for Biden,

I voted for Biden

What a bunch of dumbasses.

TDS
For those that blame Christian values as being why the democrats are in power should read this. https://news.iheart.com/featured/ru...ng-reaction-to-my-monologue-on-abortion/

Also here is a quote from Rush Limbaugh's monologue dated 1/29/2019. "Let me tell you something. If we're not willing to stand up for life, what the hell else are we gonna be able to have any value in?" This is part of what he was saying about the republican party abandoning the values of the Right.

Many of you on this site seem to hate anything that comes under the heading of religious values but guess what, you share them with us. As I read what's said on here I can't understand why on earth you'd want to throw God under the bus, especially now. Yes I know of church history and watched with just as much disgust as you when the big names in that leadership have done what we would never do. They are wolves in sheep's clothing and have nothing to do with being genuine advocates for God. In fact they are the exact opposite. Do you fellows think that many Christians are in favor of gun control? Very few I have ever known feel that way and I'd have to think long and hard to name them. Trying to find a candidate that fits into the "center" will only lead to another democrat in office. Romney and Mccain were "center" or moderates at best. They are absolute failures. Trump won because he appealed to the core values of decent Americans. Those people, whether they know it or not, reside on the Right!
Originally Posted by Jim1611

As far as I know Rush never embraced the idea of religion, ie. religious people, being excluded from politics. In fact he often spoke of the founders belief in God as being one of their most important attributes. He also shot down the leftist idea of separation of church and state. When many in the republican party were claiming the issue of abortion needed to be cast aside he came to the defense of the unborn. I'm sure there's a transcript of that.

I would argue that Trump was not at all a centrist. He went beyond what anyone ever had done in regard to taking things away from the center. Bush was way more center than Trump. Trump may not have acted as a conservative before being elected but he did more to further that cause than anyone since Reagan. He was and still is a national treasure as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Jim, I only listened to Rush occasionally. Was usually at work during his broadcasts and not near a radio.

Nowhere did I argue Trump was a centrist. He did, in fact bring the center with him for his election. A lot of folks in the center, hurt economically by the Obama years, and some perhaps having their eyes opened by "Obamacare", and many having seen what Hillary was, voted for The Donald.

By restarting the American economy he did not take things away from the center, he gave them back many things which had drifted too, too far to the left.

Looking at the Dem party being split by the friction between the "Progressives" (you can read that as Socialist/Communist) is opening the eyes of many in the Center again. Biden's mandates, also taken up by big business, have a lot of folks upset about having to do something they disagree with in order to keep their jobs. I look for a big swing in the 2022 Midterms. The Center is not happy.

LOL

Honestly, do you think a National Election can be won without the candidate getting the vote of the "centrists"? Notwithstanding election rigging of course.

And I'm always learning. wink

Trump was/is a non-politician businessman. Who knows how to "win", especially for himself and family. And that appealed to a lot of centrist type folks as they saw Hillary as the politician she is. His platform in 2016 pulled the Center towards him. And it didn't hurt that the "Far Right" wanted to see many of the same things the Center wanted instituted by The Donald, especially SCOTUS appointments.

I know more than a couple of Centrist types that held their noses and pulled the lever for Trump because he sometimes (many times) acted like a DICK, but they turned out to be happy with the results.

One cannot argue with the bell curve of demographics. The majority of votes are in the center. Will always be that way.
Posted By: LongSpurHunter Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21

If I understand you correctly, you've never been to Minnesota?
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Thanks Jim, I only listened to Rush occasionally. Was usually at work during his broadcasts and not near a radio.

Nowhere did I argue Trump was a centrist. He did, in fact bring the center with him for his election. A lot of folks in the center, hurt economically by the Obama years, and some perhaps having their eyes opened by "Obamacare", and many having seen what Hillary was, voted for The Donald.

By restarting the American economy he did not take things away from the center, he gave them back many things which had drifted too, too far to the left.

Looking at the Dem party being split by the friction between the "Progressives" (you can read that as Socialist/Communist) is opening the eyes of many in the Center again. Biden's mandates, also taken up by big business, have a lot of folks upset about having to do something they disagree with in order to keep their jobs. I look for a big swing in the 2022 Midterms. The Center is not happy.

LOL

Honestly, do you think a National Election can be won without the candidate getting the vote of the "centrists"? Notwithstanding election rigging of course.

And I'm always learning. wink

Trump was/is a non-politician businessman. Who knows how to "win", especially for himself and family. And that appealed to a lot of centrist type folks as they saw Hillary as the politician she is. His platform in 2016 pulled the Center towards him. And it didn't hurt that the "Far Right" wanted to see many of the same things the Center wanted instituted by The Donald, especially SCOTUS appointments.

I know more than a couple of Centrist types that held their noses and pulled the lever for Trump because he sometimes (many times) acted like a DICK, but they turned out to be happy with the results.

One cannot argue with the bell curve of demographics. The majority of votes are in the center. Will always be that way.

You're welcome. I wasn't aiming at you in my comment about arguing Trump not being a centrist. It was for all who have claimed that. I don't believe in the "center" though. The left keeps going their merry way into the arms of socialism. Someday soon enough they will be all out communist. That moves those that think they're in the center one way or the other. Just look at it this way. If JFK were alive today some of his ideas would be hated by his democrat counterparts. Not that I have any love for him but it just is a yard stick for where they have gotten to. The Right really has no where to go unless they move closer to the leftist policies and that's what has been done with people like Mccain, Romney, Ryan and McConnel. These people are why the left is able to keep going where they're headed. If you want a ship to stay put in a storm you don't keep moving the anchor.
I bet there that there are a lot less centrist today than what there was up until the 80’s and 90’s. Regan was Governor of CA and then won nearly every state during his presidential campaign. No way would that be possible today.

Where we’re at today roughly half of the voting population is going to vote blue no matter how bad the candidate is because it’s still in their mind better than and better represents their vision for the future of America than the best red candidate. Same thing on the right. Winning campaigns today is less about convincing some rare undecided swing voter and more about mobilizing and firing up the less passionate members of a candidates already established base. The person that is already decided IF they vote is going to vote one way or the other but doesn’t bother to vote at all half of the time. The message to motivate someone like that isn’t necessarily a message to the middle (see Romney and McCain) Trump fired up and got out to vote the people that were already going to for him if they voted at all. There are few and far between undecided middle voters today IMO. The left with the propaganda wing and establishment RINOs ect were able to work up enough of the left to also come out in record numbers for a candidate no one liked but because they were convinced that Trump was evil and a threat to America. In fact he was a threat to the deep state.
Valsdad,

You don’t know what a “centrist” is.
Trump sctually did get many former Democrat votes.

Some were attributal to Trump,
Some to Hillary.

She and Obama were enough to wake up some democrats, and
allow them to see the truth.
Valsdad,

You don’t know what a “centrist” is.

Will the Merriam-Webster definition work for you?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/centrist

2 : a person who holds moderate views

Synonyms

middle-of-the-roader, moderate

Examples of centrist in a Sentence
The candidate hopes to appeal to centrists nationwide. the centrists will most likely rally behind the candidate who favors reforming the government program—not abolishing it entirely

Maybe the Urban dictionary version suits you?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Centrist

A Republican who wants to smoke pot.

If those don't work, please enlighten us with your never ending, incalculable wisdom.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21

this pretty much mirrors my thinking...people didnt like trump but hated hillary......people didnt like biden but hated trump......if its the computers than just dems will win in the midterms.....if the repukes win....well?....bob

Some to Hillary.

That is an undisputed fact, and they bring their less than conservative ways with them when they flee communism. Not unlike the one's migrating to conservative areas from liberal.

There goes the neighborhood.

But that is evolution.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Some to Hillary.

That is an undisputed fact, and they bring their less than conservative ways with them when they flee communism. Not unlike the one's migrating to conservative areas from liberal.

But that is evolution.

Given that they "bring their less than conservative ways with them ",

would you have preferred they had voted for Hillary instead?
Posted By: Hunter270Guy Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
Libertarians are much better than moderates.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Some to Hillary.

But that is evolution.

Given that they "bring their less than conservative ways with them ",

would you have preferred they had voted for Hillary instead?

Of course not. It just means we have to accept that values are decreasing across the board.
Values are decreasing across the board?

In what way?

Like coat hanger abortions?
Values are decreasing across the board?

In what way?

Like coat hanger abortions?

Sheesh!
Originally Posted by Hunter270Guy
Libertarians are much better than moderates.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Keep stirrin'

It's good for the discussion.

And they are better than moderates, in their own moderate way.

I should know. But politically, they are a thorn in the side of many, especially those that won't/don't vote for a viable candidate in critical elections, but stick to their Party.
Posted By: ERK Re: Fugging "moderates" - 10/01/21
If they steal the election it doesn’t Matter who votes for whom. Biden could not get 50 people to a rally and got more votes than anybody. REALLY it’s true. [bleep]! Edk
© 24hourcampfire