Home
Posted By: 673 Guy kills Cougar with a Machete. - 10/04/21
This happened not too far from my house, wow is all I can say. I read the dog had to be put down,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6lYT0vILfo
Sounds like complete Bullshiitt but I know an old guy that killed one with a rock...
I can’t believe that cat didn’t haul butt when the man ran up. Cat must have had something wrong with it.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Sounds like complete Bullshiitt but I know an old guy that killed one with a rock...

Where's the bs? .........Its right there.
Originally Posted by 673

He’s talking about the rock.
Originally Posted by 673

No....I was talking about my post.

Some things in life sound so far out that it's best to not tell anyone because you'll be called a liar.
This is one of them...😉
Originally Posted by SandBilly
I can’t believe that cat didn’t haul butt when the man ran up. Cat must have had something wrong with it.

The Cat isn't very old, looks like not even a year old, but there was recently a 200,000 acre fire nearby so it may have been displaced and separated from its Mother and siblings and on its own, therefore starving.

Not an expert, but I see Cougar's hang in family units and I have seen 3 together a couple times.
He needs to sharpen that blade…
Originally Posted by Bull64
He needs to sharpen that blade…

Probably needs to be re-sharpened now. laugh
Not a cougar fan, unless it’s a 50 year old hottie with whips, handcuffs, and bad girl desires.

LOL

🦫
Originally Posted by 673

The Cat isn't very old, looks like not even a year old, but there was recently a 200,000 acre fire nearby so it may have been displaced and separated from its Mother and siblings and on its own, therefore starving.

According to the comments the cat had a mouthful of festering porcupine quills and was starving.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by 673

According to the comments the cat had a mouthful of festering porcupine quills and was starving.

I didn't read that far down in the comments, that makes sense.
wow
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Not a cougar fan, unless it’s a 50 year old hottie with whips, handcuffs, and bad girl desires.

LOL

🦫

Like the naughty librarian type

LOL

🦫

Part of the "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me" group there Beav?

The cat looked half starved.
Obviously a Trump man, needs to resharpen that machete more work coming up. To bad he lost his dog over it but there will allways be casualties when you stand your ground that can't be helped. I'd sure buy that guy a beer. Mb
That makes me sad for the dog. That damn cougar was tenacious.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Obviously a Trump man, needs to resharpen that machete more work coming up. To bad he lost his dog over it but there will allways be casualties when you stand your ground that can't be helped. I'd sure buy that guy a beer. Mb

Same here I'd buy the man a beer .

He grabbed a weapon and used it pronto , seen 50 video's - pit-bull and other animals attack people 99+% of the attackee & bystanders best weapon is a ball-cap/plastic water bottle/broom . LAF

Crazy that the cat paid no attention to the other dog or the man - shows how dangerous a starving animal can be . The other dog was about as worthless as a box of frozen chicken dicks - needs the schitt kicked out of it
Originally Posted by 673
This happened not too far from my house, wow is all I can say. I read the dog had to be put down,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6lYT0vILfo

Good man. What a shame about the Golden. That Chocolate Lab is a worthless mutt. Should put that one down, too. Replace him with a good solid Pitbull.

Rabies maybe.
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

Yep. It does. Drove crazy by pain and hunger.
Originally Posted by Heym06

LOL

🦫

Part of the "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me" group there Beav?

Umm, yup.

😈

🦫
Not sure who is more useless, the fat chocolate lab or the guy filming.
Originally Posted by 673

Emaciated adult female cougar with a mouthful of quills.

https://www.vernonmorningstar.com/news/cougar-killing-near-west-kelowna-was-legal-bc-conservation/
I heard the Taliban is admiring the guys technique and were looking to recruit him. grin
Originally Posted by 673
I heard the Taliban is admiring the guys technique and were looking to recruit him. grin

You serious ? ? ?
ALLAHU AKBAR!
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
ALLAHU AKBAR!

LOLOL
Would be even more impressive if it had been a cougar with a firearm instead of just one with a machete.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Would be even more impressive if it had been a cougar with a firearm instead of just one with a machete.

I thought it was the dude who had the machete?
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Groan.....That sounds like a dad joke

Like the guy that shot an elephant in his pyjamas
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Rabies maybe.

He had the right tools for the job.
That machete probably severed the spine once he got a clear chop.
The head was ready to be packed in ice and sent to the lab.
Not a fan of the big kitty cats. I am not looking for trouble but if one wants to play games with me or my dogs, I will let the air out of it immediately.
Heck, I don't go anywhere in KY without a handgun, mainly due to two legged snakes on drugs, rabid critters, and feral dogs. I sure would keep one handy in Mtn. Lion country.
Originally Posted by reivertom
Heck, I don't go anywhere in KY without a handgun, mainly due to two legged snakes on drugs, rabid critters, and feral dogs. I sure would keep one handy in Mtn. Lion country.

Yeah but this was in Canada where the commie fugs have stripped the right of the ordinary man to protect himself with a handgun just like the commie fug demotards want in the USA that( moron mentality that thinks people are better off being a victim than effectively defending themselves when attacked)
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by reivertom

Yeah but this was in Canada where the commie fugs have stripped the right of the ordinary man to protect himself with a handgun just like the commie fug demotards want in the USA that( moron mentality that thinks people are better off being a victim than effectively defending themselves when attacked)

Well said.
Video removed due to graphic content....
673: Dang it - the link no longer works as the video violated some rule.
Anyone can link me to it somewhere else.
Sounds bizarre - machete vs. Cougar.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Once almost cut off a Pitbull's head with a Machete, but it only went to the bone and it lived.
Thrusting rather than chopping might be more effective and safer for the dog. Pitiful little cat; I doubt it weighed over thirty-five pounds. Chocolate lab wasn't much help.
Last one I shot here was behind the corral in a tree and was about three times the size of this one. I was uphill from the tree so the cat was on my level and about fifteen feet away. I used a Model 94, 30/30. At the shot, the cat went over my right shoulder and hit the ground thrashing, The big dog, a pit/labX was on the cat immediately while Beagle Bailley bayed moral support from a safe distance. I would rather have more predators here and fewer people, quite frankly. GD
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
673: Dang it - the link no longer works as the video violated some rule.
Anyone can link me to it somewhere else.
Sounds bizarre - machete vs. Cougar.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2021/09...te-to-rescue-his-dog-from-deadly-attack/
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

673;
Good afternoon to you my friend, I hope the day's been good to you up the valley and all who matter to you are well.

I'm about the farthest thing from a cougar expert there is, but back in the day when our friends ran the taxidermy shop at Vaseux Lake I helped them peel a good double handful of them, though admittedly I did more bobcat and beaver hides for sure.

Anyways, the porcupine thing wasn't rare down here at all. I don't know if the cats just hat porcupines or they specialize in them, but we'd always be careful for them when skinning, especially in the toms.

I think your comment about the fires was the biggest factor here. We've had 4 different black bears in the yard since the Thomas Creek fire started and that's about 3.5 more per year than is usual.

It's really, REALLY moved all the game around where I usually hunt this fall too. Nothing makes sense even in areas anywhere close to the fire. Funny I don't recall that as much from the 2003 Vaseux fire, but this was a tad hotter by the look of the damage I'd say.

Anyways, they've now also had reports of photos of a cougar just laying on the side of a logging road not far from there a couple days prior, so it was likely starving and about to the end of it's rope.

All the best to you folks and good luck on your hunts this fall my friend.

Dwayne
© 24hourcampfire