Home
Weather? Ya think? Buncha liars. Lol.

Link to story (lies) about cancelled Southwest flights

BY JACK PHILLIPS October 10, 2021

Southwest Airlines has canceled at least 1,000 Sunday flights as of 12 p.m. ET, according to flight tracker FlightAware, coming after numerous cancelations were reported Saturday.

“We experienced significant impact in the Florida airports [Friday] evening after an FAA-imposed air traffic management program was implemented due to weather and resulted in a large number of cancellations,” Alan Kasher, who oversees Southwest’s flight operations, in a statement obtained by several news outlets on Saturday.

About 800 Southwest flights were canceled on Saturday, according to flight-tracking website FlightAware. Other major carriers, including American Airlines and Spirit Airlines, appeared to have significantly fewer disruptions.

The Epoch Times has contacted Southwest for comment, including regarding whether the cancelations were due to staffing shortages related to the firm’s recently announced COVID-19 vaccine mandate for employees. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), which oversees air traffic in the United States, also didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Southwest said in a statement on Saturday that it is attempting to “return to close to normal operations as we move into Sunday.”

“We are working hard behind the scenes to minimize challenges and fully recover the operation as we take care of displaced Crews and Customers as quickly as possible,” the company said, without elaborating on the nature of the flight disruptions.

The firm’s Saturday statement also blamed the issue on air traffic control problems and the weather.

“We experienced significant impact in the Florida airports yesterday (Friday) evening after an FAA-imposed air traffic management program was implemented due to weather and resulted in a large number of cancellations,” Southwest said.

There was speculation on social media that the flight cancelations were being triggered by employees calling in sick en masse. In its statement Saturday, Southwest did not make reference to the speculation.

“Southwest Airlines must join our industry peers in complying with the federal government’s COVID-19 vaccination directive,” Southwest CEO Gary Kelly announced on Oct. 4, explaining that the company works as a federal contractor and needs to comply with President Joe Biden’s September vaccine mandate for federal employees and contractors. That prompted a lawsuit from Southwest’s pilot union, the Southwest Airlines Pilots Association, which is seeking a court injunction against the mandate.

On its website Saturday, the Southwest Airlines Pilots Association blamed the cancelations on “a number of issues, but we can say with confidence that our Pilots are not participating in any official or unofficial job actions,” in an apparent reference to speculations about employees calling in sick.

“Our Pilots will continue to overcome [Southwest Airlines] management’s poor planning, as well as any external operational challenges, and remain the most productive Pilots in the world,” the statement continued. “They will continue to be focused on their highest priority—safety.”

Meanwhile, on Sunday morning, there were long lines at Southwest’s ticket counter in the Tampa airport, according to local media.

B.J. Romero, a passenger, told Fox13, “I have two kids. I have appointments. I have work. I can’t miss work. I have people relying on me, so I have to be home. That’s not going to work for me.”

When asked about whether Southwest’s claim about bad weather caused mass cancelations, Romero balked at the suggestion. “That sounds like baloney to me,” Romero told the station. “The weather is fine in all connecting areas, there’s no bad weather.”

“There’s got to be something behind the scenes they’re not telling us.”
Sounds like Bullschitt.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Sounds like Bullschitt.

It IS a total bullshit excuse by the airline!…..it’s NOT wx related it IS in response to the draconian and unconstitutional “mandate”. It’s a “sickout” and I hope more companies experience the wrath of a pissed off workforce!
Roger,Over, I am getting a check engine light...
I don’t fly on their cattle cars. I don’t wanna get away that badly…
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Sounds like Bullschitt.

It IS a total bullshit excuse by the airline!…..it’s NOT wx related it IS in response to the draconian and unconstitutional “mandate”. It’s a “sickout” and I hope more companies experience the wrath of a pissed off workforce!

Yep. It’s what’s going to have to happen before this Bullschitt ceases.
Originally Posted by WAM

Me neither. Haven’t flown in over 15 years. If I can’t drive there I don’t go.

Same with any place I can’t carry a gun.
Originally Posted by WAM

Amen, brother. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by WAM

How convenient.

LOL
Tip of the iceberg
150 flights due to air traffic controllers

https://kdvr.com/news/local/96-southwest-flights-canceled-in-out-of-dia/
Originally Posted by Clarkm

It's a lot more than that. Denver is just the tip of the iceberg.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Can't trust the sources on this story Greg.

Read that right here from a field expert on the 24.
Thanks to K22 for this

https://gab.com/Shazlandia/posts/107074110745426626
Originally Posted by WAM

You not alone last time I flew was 2009 don't miss it. The flying is fun but the airport is the turn off.
Originally Posted by add

Can't trust the sources on this story Greg.

Read that right here from a field expert on the 24.

Starting to get sporty out there with the jab mandates. People are getting pissed off. Don't blame them. Aszholes trying to keep people from feeding their kids and paying their mortgage.

“Southwest Airlines must join our industry peers in complying with the federal government’s COVID-19 vaccination directive,”

Problem is, there is no federal law in place requiring employers to mandate their employees to get the jab.

There is only Slow Joe's press conference; any company doing it, is doing it because they want to do it.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

“Southwest Airlines must join our industry peers in complying with the federal government’s COVID-19 vaccination directive,”

Problem is, there is no federal law in place requiring employers to mandate their employees to get the jab.

There is only Slow Joe's press conference; any company doing it, is doing it because they want to do it

MM

That’s what I thought. Nothing in writing, only Chyna Joe’s expression of desire.
Unfortunately, every court ruling that I've seen challenging an employer mandate has been denied.

If you wanna work for 'em, they can make you take the jab.......................so far.

MM
One of my hunting buddies is a Southwest pilot. He will be 65 next June and forced to retire due to age. With the shot mandate he said he will retire this December rather than take the shot. He had the china flu a couple of months ago but that doesn't matter to the airline.
It will be interesting to see what this turns into.
I never fly Southwest anymore. Two bad experiences was enough for me.
Originally Posted by shootem

There is only Slow Joe's press conference; any company doing it, is doing it because they want to do it

MM

That’s what I thought. Nothing in writing, only Chyna Joe’s expression of desire.

Get enough people pushing back, could get interesting. Glad I'm far removed from a j.o.b. these days. Feel bad for folks that have to deal with the corporate weenie schit. Lot of old lefty dirtbags running American corporations.
Man sheeit

Ever since Snakes on Plane

Fugg dat

MM

I read OSHA trying to use 29 USC 653, 655, 657
It's not updated on the website, near as I can tell.
https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/safework
Originally Posted by erikj

MM

More horseschit for the communists to use as ammunition to force Americans to get their fake virus.

MM

More horseschit for the communists to use as ammunition to force Americans to get their fake virus.

You mean fake vaccine???
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
We need a lot more pushback against the government mandates.

Good read on what is really going on here.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...ilot-push-back-against-vaccine-mandates/
More here.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...s-filed-vaccine-lawsuit-one-day-earlier/
Originally Posted by steve4102

MM

You mean fake vaccine???

You can call it that, if you want.
© 24hourcampfire