Home
Woke up at 2:00 AM in a cold sweat with the worst pain I’ve ever experienced in my lifetime.
Had the Fred Sanford “This is the big one” feeling.
Finally gave in and called an Ambulance after an hour of misery.
Turns out I was passing my first ever Kidney Stone.
Discharged after 4 hours of poking and prodding and MRI’s.

I used to laugh at my buddies telling me how bad the pain from passing one was.
I’ve got a real high tolerance for pain and always thought I was pretty tough. 😳
It’s fuggin excruciating!!! No more Dr Peppers for me. 🤠

And let me tell y’all, Demarol and HydroMorophene is some good stuff ! Still flying high. 🤠

Getting old ain’t no fun at all. 😬
What a Puzzy !!!

LOL
Originally Posted by BobBrown
What a Puzzy !!!

LOL

As usual, the classless ankle biter shows up right on time.
Sober up and get a fuggin life Little Man. You never fail to show your ass.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Woke up at 2:00 AM in a cold sweat with the worst pain I’ve ever experienced in my lifetime.

I’ve got a real high tolerance for pain and always thought I was pretty tough. 😳

And let me tell y’all, Demarol and HydroMorophene is some good stuff ! Still flying high. 🤠

I’ve passed one. It took 2-3 days. No fun at all…
Yeah, they do sting a bit. Hope all is good now.
Good it was nothing worse, enjoy the buzz while it last
Originally Posted by Riverc
Good it was nothing worse, enjoy the buzz while it last

Yes. Very Thankful!
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Damn. I can’t imagine 2 or 3 days of that !!!
No mention of cute female nurses

OP must be ghay

LMAO
Don't blame the Dr.Pepper, it's God's way of getting even with you for all the f ucked up post's you make.
I have had to ruptured disc in my back and I thought that was bad pain until I had a kidney stone. It is amazing how much pain it causes and how quickly it can come on without any notice or early symptoms.

If you didn’t sit to pee like a woman, it wouldn’t take so long.

😂🦫

Originally Posted by akasparky
Don't blame the Dr.Pepper, it's God's way of getting even with you for all the f ucked up post's you make.

And lovin groid juice so much LOL

LOL !
Originally Posted by Beaver10

If you didn’t sit to pee like a woman, it wouldn’t take so long.

😂🦫

You asked. That beard wasn’t always white, 😂
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I have had to ruptured disc in my back and I thought that was bad pain until I had a kidney stone. It is amazing how much pain it causes and how quickly it can come on without any notice or early symptoms.

Yep. I’ve got two ruptured discs and have had back surgery before. Nothing compared to this.

I’m the kind of fellow that throws away hydracodine prescriptions.
I’ve heard that ain’t fun!!

Get well soon!

And lovin groid juice so much LOL

Run along little man. Your dick envy is showing.
Cowardly little POS.

Male, female or undecided?
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve heard that ain’t fun!!

Get well soon!

Thanks Buddy !
my buddy had one working its way through for about 2 weeks recently. he said it was horrible when that thing would move. he showed me a pic of it and it looked like a piece of quartz. all jagged and rough.
Sounds dreadful. Glad it went quick for you.

Been down that road twice. Welcome to " the club." Now I get to visit the urologist yearly. Hope you're feeling better!
What a Puzzy !!!

LOL
That's not the part that hurts.
Had 3 I know of, so far.
Just felt like chit in general, so didnt know.....til pee stopped midstream.

I was ???

Then it popped out

Couldnt shut off the flow after that, freakin burnin sumbitch.

Howled and then laughed.

2nd one wasnt as bad, felt it move and later pizzed it out w no stoppage.

3rd felt weird, could feel it move slower, more pronounced.
Dunno what became of it.
Been there, done that, have a couple t-shirts. My largest, and first, was 6.5 mm. They had to break that one up before I could pass it. That was fun. Passed a piece about two weeks later. After #3, I all but gave up soda and increased my water intake. Stone free for three years now.

FWIW, a friends wife has had them, she says it's more painful that childbirth.
Glad you’re feelin’ more better!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Glad you’re feelin’ more better!

Thanks Bob. Still high as a kite. 🤠
I have had about 8-9 of them.I really feel for you. The last one, I told them I wasn't leaving the hospital until they got it out BIG mistake .Ouch. I had one when I was 8 miles back in on a barely passable 4wd road. That was a long ride.Had another one 6 -7 miles back in and I had to ride my horseback out.I felt every step that horse took.
Last one was in 2004. Urologist told me to drink a glass of lemonade every day and at least 60 ounces of water , which I have done faithfully. So far it has worked. Mine were all calcium oxalate
Ouch!
Drink more water every day. The jury's still out on whether hard water is better/worse than soft for causing stones.
I'm glad that your over the worst of it. I've been told that its no fun.

Getting old is definitely not for the faint of heart. Glad you're okay.
Passing gas is more fun.
I have a friend that is tough as an ox. Never sick and has smashed fingers and broken bones and never slowed him down. About 15 years ago he started getting stones. He said you better hope you never get them, he said that when he passed his he was crying like a baby and had a stick in his mouth so as not to bite his tongue off. Worst pain he ever had. I drink lots of water so I hope I don't have a problem.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Passing gas is more fun.

LOL. Most Definitely!!! 🤠
Had them twice. Last time 6&7 mm in one kidney and one 13mm in the other. Was off work a whole month til they got it all out. It was real. Best to ya.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Getting old is definitely not for the faint of heart. Glad you're okay.

Thanks TRH.
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I have had about 8-9 of them.I really feel for you. The last one, I told them I wasn't leaving the hospital until they got it out BIG mistake .Ouch. I had one when I was 8 miles back in on a barely passable 4wd road. That was a long ride.Had another one 6 -7 miles back in and I had to ride my horseback out.I felt every step that horse took.
Last one was in 2004. Urologist told me to drink a glass of lemonade every day and at least 60 ounces of water , which I have done faithfully. So far it has worked. Mine were all calcium oxalate

Damn! Can’t imagine sitting in the Saddle during that torture.
Much less 6 or 7 miles of trail in the back country. 😳
I think Bristoe told a similar story on here a few weeks ago

horrible pain, told the doc to hit him up with something to deal with it.

wouldn't wish anyone to go thru that.

Glad it wasn’t worse than a kidney stone! They can be pretty painful! memtb
Damn that sounds horrible but on the bright side at least it wasn't anything deadly.

PS
BobBrown is a sad sack of shyt. Pay him no mind.
A friend who has had stones for years was told by a nurse/mother who experienced them said they were worse than child birth so you can now consider yourself woke and an experienced "birthing person".
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Damn that sounds horrible but on the bright side at least it wasn't anything deadly.

PS

No doubt Blackheart !
Originally Posted by SBTCO
A friend who has had stones for years was told by a nurse/mother who experienced them said they were worse than child birth so you can now consider yourself woke and an experienced "birthing person".

LMAO !
Originally Posted by Blackheart

PS

Go nominate your gums in the best meat grinder thread
Had a moment where i wondered what was going on,pissing blood.

Went to doc and had pictures done.

CT scan showed 6 stones,got sent to another doc and after getting on a first name basis with my bladder and prostate,with the help of a garden hose with a panaflex camera on the end.

He told me that as long as no pain shows up they should pass.

I have caught 4 and one got away.

Last month blood started again so i still have 1.

But on the good side of things i have had no pain from these stones.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
with the help of a garden hose with a panaflex camera on the end.

had it done 3 times, not a fan
As others have said, been there done that! It is amazing the pain that is Involved.

Been there done that, I am sorry to say. I've actually had to have three surgically removed. Last two were 9mm and 11mm. It was not that many decades ago that I would have just died a very painful death with them. Thank God for our advances in medicine. In addition to the prescription meds I take three times daily to help prevent them, I now drink copious amounts of sugar free lemonade as well. I used to drink copious amounts of tea. My urologist told me that tea was a factor in causing the stones and to cut back on it and I have dramatically.
Originally Posted by KFWA

My son was rolling around on the ER waiting room floor begging me to shoot him when he had a stone. I think he was serious. I've had the pain put me on my knees while I was walking. D@mn that hurts...
Old guys and a stubbed toe, ohh what to do! TFF
Glad everything came out ok.
Glad things are better now.

Haven't had them but I have had gal stones and those fuggers bring you to your knees so probably simular.
Glad your ok and I feel for you, a couple of my buddies have had that happen to them, I hope I dont ever have the experience.
Might just get the double burger next time. Them triples will build a stone for sure.
I have passed 21 of those demons so far. Some look like cuckleburrs, bring flesh and blood with them.
A few years ago, I passed three the size of peas over a four day period. Yes, I cried and yelled!
Had a buddy that had his broken up with a laser. I am going that route in the future!
I hope and pray I never get those things. I've witnessed two grown men bawl like babies at the work place because of them.

Sympathy extended to you guys......hear that's a brutal process. Hope you're doing better chl.
Peeing them out is a cake walk. When they pass from the kidneys to the bladder... now that is an experience to behold!
Originally Posted by plainsman456
...with the help of a garden hose with a panaflex camera on the end.

Doc was jamming the garden hose up my d!ck and it was burning like a múthafúcker. When I passed a stone it shredded the inside of my main vein. So the hot blonde nurse assisting says "that doesn't hurt". Well my urologist has a crude sense of humor. He tells her "Bullschidt that doesn't hurt". He then looks at me and says that as soon as he's finished with me he's going to have me do the scope thingy to the nurse. Didn't sound attractive at that point in time but hey, give me time to recover and I'm all in... grin
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Sympathy extended to you guys......hear that's a brutal process. Hope you're doing better chl.

Thanks !
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

My son was rolling around on the ER waiting room floor begging me to shoot him when he had a stone. I think he was serious. I've had the pain put me on my knees while I was walking. D@mn that hurts...

Pretty much describes it.
Originally Posted by VaHunter

Yep. I’ve got two ruptured discs and have had back surgery before. Nothing compared to this.

I’m the kind of fellow that throws away hydracodine prescriptions.

Similar... I've had two back surgeries and 3 kidney stones. First one was debilitating...went to ER not knowing what was wrong with me. Took like 20 hours to pass. Last one passed in two hours, got lucky!
Women have tried to tell me it is no worse than child birth .I asked them then why do women chose to have kids,but I never heard of one wanting a kidney stone.That usually shuts them up.My sister has had both. She tells me having kids is a cake walk compared to a stone
Dont blame the Dr Pepper

If youre living a gouty, high protein lifestyle, it could be a uric acid stone.
Or it could be a calcium stone.
Lots of iced tea sweet or unsweet can cause oxalate stones

Originally Posted by slumlord
Dont blame the Dr Pepper

If youre living a gouty, high protein lifestyle, it could be a uric acid stone.
Or it could be a calcium stone.

They don't have basaltic stones, do they?

Those would really hurt.
Or flintstones
Glad it wasn't a more serious situation, painful but not life threatening.
MM
chlin,

hope you still feel great when you come down off them drugs.

Glad you got thru it OK
Originally Posted by slumlord
Or flintstones

Could save them though, for the pock a lips. fer the smokepole ya' know, when there ain't no more primes comin' from the CC an I place.
I’ve had several, and it don’t get easier. Every one feels worse than the last.
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
I have passed 21 of those demons so far. Some look like cuckleburrs, bring flesh and blood with them.
A few years ago, I passed three the size of peas over a four day period. Yes, I cried and yelled!
Had a buddy that had his broken up with a laser. I am going that route in the future!

I thought I read they'll put a guy in a big old tank of water and vibrate them to where they break up ?
What a loser.
Ain't they fun?
I have been there and done that. Been dealing with kidney stones for almost 30years they suck!!! Anyone who has had one feels your pain. Anyone who hasn’t and acts like it’s no big deal is a retard. I have had ER nurses tell me that they would rather give birth naturally with no meds than have a kidney stone.
Glad you are through it and feeling better sir.........and don't mind the trolls......

Humm. So then I guess you're ready to die.

Haha, the ER nurse attending me when I had a kidney stone told me she would rather go through child birth again than have another kidney stone.
Morphine didn't work for me but the Demerol was the bomb!
Do you get plenty of potassium and magnesium? Dont reduce milk and cheeses.

https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/kidneystones_prevent
Good Luck Neal.
Make sure they analyze the stone when it comes out. Some can be treated with meds the most common kidney stones cannot be treated. I quit drinking soda and milk for nearly 3 years because they said it would help. It didn’t. Had the biggest one I have ever had two years ago that required laser surgery… That was way below average…
Originally Posted by JGRaider

👍
I have had several. Once thought I sat on my nut, nut hurt like hell, got up in the middle of the night to go and heard the tinka a tinka and realized the pain was gone, fished around and found it, that was the easy one.
Yep. I had the same thing happen around 2008. Just be glad you didn't have it surgically removed like I had to. As bad as the pain was, the stint I had to wear for 10 days after the surgery was absolutely miserable.

I too came to the conclusion that Dr. Pepper was the culprit and I haven't had one since.

I believe I had another stone about 4 or 5 years ago and the pain was bad, but not as bad as the first one and I seemed to pass it on my own.

Also be glad you're not my cousin. He recently had 14 stones at once!
Originally Posted by 280Rem1

I thought I read they'll put a guy in a big old tank of water and vibrate them to where they break up ?

They don't if you live in the middle of nowhere with a podunk hospital. I was livid when my co-worker told me how easy the process was, especially since this was not long after I passed three 10-11mm stones through "natural childbirth". I didn't know what pain was until that experience, even though I had passed many before. Friend says it is not even a tank now. That put you on a water filled mat on a table while listening to music!
Think if you had to wear a stent for a year

Yall think mannlicker doesnt suffer fools. GMAFB

Or instead of stent, just have an external nephrostomy line ran out of your lower back into a ‘camel back’ piss bag
Dude! I'm eating lunch.
can you make jewelry out of the stones? what do they look like?
Mine looked like a grain of rice.
Interesting.
Always heard they were awful.
Hope to never see one of my own.
No personal experience here, but my understanding is they rank up there with child birth.
Apple Cider Vinegar is your friend and so are lemons.
I think beer is the answer.
Originally Posted by 1minute
No personal experience here, but my understanding is they rank up there with child birth.

Child birth isn't even close.Ask a woman that has had both.
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by 1minute

Child birth isn't even close.Ask a woman that has had both.

Oh that's not true at all.

My dad's cousin has Mason jars full of kidney stones.

Apparently you get used to em after while.
Originally Posted by Springcove
Make sure they analyze the stone when it comes out. Some can be treated with meds the most common kidney stones cannot be treated. I quit drinking soda and milk for nearly 3 years because they said it would help. It didn’t. Had the biggest one I have ever had two years ago that required laser surgery… That was way below average…

My ex-wife would get them...She had one that wouldn’t pass. Doc dunked her in a tank and hit her with a laser or ultrasound, don’t remember which. After the procedure, she said it felt like she’d been beaten with a bat in her kidneys.

Knock on my very hard wood...I’ve never had one.

🦫

My ex-wife would get them...She had one that wouldn’t pass. Doc dunked her in a tank and hit her with a laser or ultrasound, don’t remember which. After the procedure, she said it felt like she’d been beaten with a bat in her kidneys.

🦫

You done got that boat finished yet?
Why, yes I did...I finished it today.

🦫
Kidney stones don't sound like such a big deal until you try and pass one.
chlinstructor ,

Glad you shot it out .

Al Swearengen in Deadwood had a rough time of it , smile .
Originally Posted by Valsdad

🦫

You done got that boat finished yet?

He’s still waiting on those dick stencils.

LOL
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Kidney stones don't sound like such a big deal until you try and pass one.

Imagine a miniature quartz crystal with hundreds of points that are razor sharp passing through your Johnson on the way out. Your ureter between your kidney and your bladder is 2 to 3 mm wide. My last stone was 13mm 😳 and it got stuck!!! There isn’t an over-the-counter pain medicine that can even touch it. Do you need Demerol or morphine.
I am sitting here with a 6.5mm stone stuck between kidney and bladder. Had a stent installed to drain the kidney. Then had five days of iv antibiotics in the hospitol to take care of the infection which also spread to my blood stream. Have the stone removed next week. Fun times. The OR nurse with the manbun made the the stent insertion even more memorable. Once I feel better I will need to does some serious memory repression via bourbon.
Originally Posted by mike7mm08
I am sitting here with a 6.5mm stone stuck between kidney and bladder. Had a stent installed to drain the kidney. Then had five days of iv antibiotics in the hospitol to take care of the infection which also spread to my blood stream. Have the stone removed next week. Fun times. The OR nurse with the manbun made the the stent insertion even more memorable. Once I feel better I will need to does some serious memory repression via bourbon.

Are they doing lithotripsy or lazer?
Only an azzhole that has never had one would belittle or make fun of someone afflicted with one of the little beasts.

Sorry you're going through this and hope the worst of it is behind you!
Why, yes I did...I finished it today.

🦫

I just looked. eek eek

laugh
Originally Posted by Hook
Only an azzhole that has never had one would belittle or make fun of someone afflicted with one of the little beasts.

They only talk like that because they have never had one.

Lazer and then removal of the pieces. So at least I won't have the fun of passing anything through the lower plumbing.

peed red one evening for no apparent reason. No pain as I recall. Went in to ER, they couldn't figure it out either. Maybe I got a small one out. Always concerned as I had 1/3 of the left kidney removed a few years back for the Big C.

Lazer and then removal of the pieces. So at least I won't have the fun of passing anything through the lower plumbing.

That’s what my last one was. Much less painful than the lithotripsy. Good luck.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

peed red one evening for no apparent reason. No pain as I recall. Went in to ER, they couldn't figure it out either. Maybe I got a small one out. Always concerned as I had 1/3 of the left kidney removed a few years back for the Big C.

Damn Geno. A stone is the last thing you need.
Yep, I can't even get a call back from the Ortho folks over in Redding so I can get shots or something for my achin' back.
Had some about 10 yrs ago,as mentioned ,,no walk in park for sure.
Had a few of em blasted out.
I believe mine was from Airborne,was working at an inner city schit hole job,and was drinking a couple of those a day.
Also hear sweet tea is a big culprit.
Haven't had another since,knock on wood
Doc is figuring I had a reoccurring or chronic infection. Whatever bacteria it is creates a kidney environment prone to development of stones.
Glad you got it sorted out. I've still got one I'm working on that is 8mm X 13mm I believe it's stuck in the Uritor. The hospital doesn't want to let this surgery happen since it's not an emergency (in their mind) Not happy with them at all. I've had enough Kidney stone situations I don't travel without Hydrocodone. This one the pain started in my right testicle, felt like I'd sat on it, then as soon as it started moving through my kidney, I said stop everything, it's time for the emergency room. This has been going on since late may.
You don’t have to be old to get them. Had my first one at 32
Originally Posted by skinner

Had mine at 37.
They are special events that I try to block out of my memory. Have had 2 episodes with them. Not desiring a third.
Big issue in the Middle East. We made a large water bottle part of the PPE and put color charts above every pisser in our construction camp in Ras Laffan Qatar. Stunning to see deep brown with zero booze involved...
I am 43 and hope to hell to never deal with this again. I really feel for those that have taken this ride more than once. Fortunately my pain ain't horrible. Just more nagging annoying pain and hard time getting comfortable in most any position. No good pain meds yet. Just tylenol. I held back some pain pills from other issues I have had this year. Only had to use a couple. Would of liked to use more but fortunately have not needed to.
I bet the first thing they did to ya was give ya a covid test. Good luck. I hope i never get any.
Covid test was about the fifth thing they. Honestly wish it wold of been covid. Been there done that already and that was a walk in the park compared to this.
Oh, this is why the front page of fox News is not plastered all over the campfire today.
Glad ya passed it.
Over with.....

Hope ta never have it happen to me.
Here youse guys are. Hope this helps.

Wow, I'm glad it wasn't your heart. Good luck to you and all the other posters who have suffered through them, sounds horribad.
I’m glad it’s over for your sake.

From the posts here these things are far more common than I thought.
Thanks fellows for all the kind words ! It’s definitely the worst pain I’ve ever had.
Broken bones and back surgery was a breeze compared to this.
When I called the Ambulance at 3:00am, I figured I was going for my last ride. 🤠 Wouldn’t wish it upon anyone.
Even my worst enemies. 😬

Sheesh! Talk about adding insult to injury. Nothing worse than having a murse with a man bun installing a stint.
Glad you are on the mend. Kidney stones truly suck.

I would wish them on liberals. Great big ones…😜

Yes, that is true. I had one when I was 14. I try to do what I can to minimise the risk of getting more, but I've had a couple since. I haven't had lithotripsy (my grandfather did - said it was like being repeatedly punched) or surgery.

Incidentally I remember reading somewhere that "cutting for stone" (lithotomy) is one of the oldest surgeries, dating to at least several hundred years BC. It is referred to directly in the Hippocratic Oath.
Originally Posted by dan_oz

Yes, that is true. I had one when I was 14. I try to do what I can to minimise the risk of getting more, but I've had a couple since. I haven't had lithotripsy (my grandfather did - said it was like being repeatedly punched) or surgery.

Incidentally I remember reading somewhere that "cutting for stone" (lithotomy) is one of the oldest surgeries, dating to at least several hundred years BC. It is referred to directly in the Hippocratic Oath.

Scheidt,

I don't like getting cut on in modern facilities. I can't imagine kidney surgery way back then.
Glad to hear you're good Neal. Sorry for being so late to the thread.
Sorry to hear C, ouch!
Sorry to hear about this. Take care!
The best line I have heard regarding passing a kidney stone:

First you think you are going to die. Then you wish you would.
Originally Posted by savage24
The best line I have heard regarding passing a kidney stone:

First you think you are going to die. Then you wish you would.

Absolutely true
Sorry you had to go through that. I had it about 9 years ago. I wish it on no one.
Glad you are okay!

Not had a stone, and hope I don't! eek

My brother passed a kidney stone many years ago, he said the same thing "IT WAS PAINFUL!"

Old farts and their beetching are always good for a laugh....Being young isn't always a fun trip either....

NORA’S STORY
In November of 2017 our lives were turned upside down when our six year old daughter Nora, was diagnosed with T-cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma. Nora went from the happy, energetic life of a first grader to a life of hospital stays, daily medications, and chemotherapy overnight. She’s had to endure so much in the last 19 months, including 43 rounds of chemotherapy, IVAD surgery, numerous blood transfusions, and many invasive tests and procedures. Throughout it all the Kids with Cancer Society has been a constant support and provides some degree of normalcy during this life changing journey. From amazing family events to financial and school support, they have helped us feel like we are not alone. Nora’s Beaded Journey is already twice as tall as she is and still growing. Her beads are a way she can share everything she has been through, but can’t quite explain. Nora continues to go through treatment, but has been able to return to many of the things she loves such as swimming and gymnastics. Nora is an amazing and strong girl who, even at this young age, is passionate about helping other kids and giving back to the Kids with Cancer Society.

© 24hourcampfire