Home
Was going down to 20F range Monday night so I actually lit the damn wood heater. Have another burnin' right now. Sure feels nice to have an actual localized heat source instead of the furnace blowing hot air around the rooms.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Made the pup happy too:

We are a ways out yet, mid 70’s during the day and 50’s at night. Hate to wish good weather away but I am ready for evenings in front of the wood stove.
Still in the 70s here. The humidity has finally dropped though. Nice outside.
Take that dog back to the haunted house you found it in.
Is that a box of adult diapers beside that dog’s head?
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is that a box of adult diapers beside that dog’s head?

You come in to the world wearing them, might as well go out with them too.

Besides, the man said it's 20 freaking degrees out. Who wants to go to the outhouse in that kind of weather.

They are damned convenient.
Jeezus...cheap eyetalians, freeze to death before they put a stick of wood on the fire..I done gone through a 1/4 cord already, and I'm over a thousand feet lower elevation. Mostly I just do it to piss off the Forest Service driving to and from the Salmon fire, I think they are having a lot of trouble keeping it going. I heard they pre ordered turkeys for fire camp, if that tells us anything. I'll really get worried if they put up a Christmas tree in fire camp.
Great for football games too.
10 year old box from the air bags I put on the truck.

Serves as a place not too close to the heat to dry my boots out, when I have to wear the danm things in the snow and mud.

Wish my barefeet were tougher, but cold just gets to the Boomerthritis in them.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Jeezus...cheap eyetalians, freeze to death before they put a stick of wood on the fire..I done gone through a 1/4 cord already, and I'm over a thousand feet lower elevation. Mostly I just do it to piss off the Forest Service driving to and from the Salmon fire, I think they are having a lot of trouble keeping it going. I heard they pre ordered turkeys for fire camp, if that tells us anything. I'll really get worried if they put up a Christmas tree in fire camp.

Well, it was kinda nice for a week or so after I pulled out the window A/C units and put up the swamp cooler. No electricity use for heating and cooling. Then I turned on the thermostat and that fugger would start coming on every morning at 0530, get the house up to 68F and shut down if we had sun. But, as you know, these little pissant systems have been rolling through every two days, blockin' my rays. Dang furnace was running during the day, and I hate spending money on electrons. Even on the Co-op here I'd rather support my local firewood guys!

Yeah, I'm cheap that way. Growing up in SoCal heating and cooling was mostly a non-issue. If I could, I'd move to Hawai'i, shorts all year, Hawai'ian shirt is dress up, good fishin and some hunting, but their laws suck even worse than here I think.
Nice. We've been burning the woodstove for a few days now.
Geno I heard it got cold up there. Have a buddy hunting X3A and he said he killed his buck in a snow storm. Stay warm…
Originally Posted by deflave

watchu talkin' bout Willis?

He's a perfect specimen.

(no, I didn't clean the lens on the crappy old cell phone.............that's from the big camera with the nice lenses)
Originally Posted by Springcove
Geno I heard it got cold up there. Have a buddy hunting X3A and he said he killed his buck in a snow storm. Stay warm…

Dusting of snow on the Warners right now. Folks are talking we might have a real winter this year. Not much rain/snow but probably substantially below zero at times.

-24.9F is the coldest we've seen here since moving in during the fall of '16. Has hardly dropped below zero since.
Burned the dust off my wood stove just two days ago.

Pup looks cozy/thankful!

mid 20's over night here

rained all day Tuesday....lots of new mountain snow...

I'm lazy.......NG pot belly in basement

Gree Mini split heat pump system in front room

Main furnace never kicks on
Yeah, that's what it's like some days.

Good thing our oldest is now nearing 12 and has slowed down.

But when Breeze the giant whippet and that Dandee dude get to going, watch out.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

laugh
Rub BenGay on the soles of your feet.

Put some on your starfish if you wanna run like that dog
You certainly are one chipper twisted one this morning. \

camelback pissbags and BenGay on starfish.

Yikes.
I prefer Gatorade bottles and gold bond.
But things are different in Tennessee.
I enjoy the warmth of a real wood fire. I am waiting for the dry grass to green up a bit so no one blames me when their rotten kid's meth habit starts another grassfire.
Mowing grass today, 81 f today.

I do have the propane tanks full though.
I just got in from a cock walk, skunked on the birds so in order to not feel totally worthless I cut a little firewood on the way.

Yesterday was the first fire of the season in the old cookstove at the farm.

We don't burn wood here in town. Although I wish we did.

Mother board on our furnace went out yesterday. Replacement should be here tomorrow.

58F in the house, dogs are wearing their sweaters, wife thinks they're going to freeze to death....lol
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
I enjoy the warmth of a real wood fire. I am waiting for the dry grass to green up a bit so no one blames me when their rotten kid's meth habit starts another grassfire.

Ha Ha.

I don't worry so much about that, but setting the world on fire up here is not looked upon fondly by the residents.

Now, with this little bit of moisture today and the past week, I think I can test out the 4 stroke weedeater a buddy gifted me, and get the tractor going and reseed my little pasture, build that driveway around the place too.

Wife wants a fire ring built in the backyard too. Have to go to Oregon to get the bricks she wants to use though.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I just got in from a cock walk, skunked on the birds so in order to not feel totally worthless I cut a little firewood on the way.

Yesterday was the first fire of the season in the old cookstove at the farm.

We don't burn wood here in town. Although I wish we did.

Mother board on our furnace went out yesterday. Replacement should be here tomorrow.

58F in the house, dogs are wearing their sweaters, wife thinks they're going to freeze to death....lol

Motherboards on furnaces now, sheesh.

Bad enough this place has a wired in programmable thermostat, every time the power goes out for more than a bit I have to reset the damn clock on it or I'll have heat coming on in the middle of the night.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by deflave

watchu talkin' bout Willis?

He's a perfect specimen.

(no, I didn't clean the lens on the crappy old cell phone.............that's from the big camera with the nice lenses)

Don’t know about a perfect specimen, but he has a bigger cock than Flavor.

LOL

🦫
FFS Beav,

good thing I finished my salad 10 minutes before reading that. laugh

Thing is, the boy dog doesn't have a personal Ruckus. Or golf clothes.
FFS Beav,

He’s not gay either...

😂🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10
FFS Beav,

He’s not gay either...

😂🦫

Flavor or Dandee ?

Asking for a friend !

wink
[quote=Springcove]Folks are talking we might have a real winter this year. Not much rain/snow but probably substantially below zero at times.

If a-holes wouldn't run over all of the Woolley Bears, you'd be able to know for sure. They have to ruin it for everyone.
Originally Posted by flintlocke

I wonder if they will be required to get a Christmas tree permit??????
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by Beaver10
FFS Beav,

He’s not gay either...

😂🦫

Flavor or Dandee ?

Asking for a friend !

wink

Dogs don't discriminate. Any port in a storm type of thing ya' know..................so they can't be "gay".

Now all that's left it process of elimination.......................and you'll get Beav's drift.
We've had a good freeze in the forecast for 3 straight nights but so far it's never gone below 32. The forecast is for 28 tonight. I have the tomatoes covered but I don't know why. We've picked all we can use but there's a pickup load of green ones out there and I can't find anyone who wants to come get them. I just hate to see them go to waste.
Got down to 58 last night so I decided to have my first fire of the season.
Green tomato pie Rock Chuck?

Fried green maters?

Salsa?
Originally Posted by robertham1
Got down to 58 last night so I decided to have my first fire of the season.

Surprised it got down that low over where all that concrete and pavement is!

Oh, it just made it over 58 for the high here today.
Geeez. It was 80 degrees here today. Gonna cool off next week, though.
Was going down to 20F range Monday night so I actually lit the damn wood heater. Have another burnin' right now. Sure feels nice to have an actual localized heat source instead of the furnace blowing hot air around the rooms.

Made the pup happy too:

cut a pickup load of oak on Saturday and one on Sunday. Slept good both nights. fire on Monday and Tuesday nights, warmed up to 50s today
Saw you folks had a dusting of snow the other day!

Hopefully a nice winter up there as I may put in for an elk or deer tag next year. Probably hunt javelina near Wikieup in Feb. I sure miss AZ.
Had a dusting here this morning but I've been a bit ahead of the curve with maybe 4 or 5 mornings of wood heat going.
Been burning the stove for about 2 weeks now. Went hunting for 3 days on the weekend and there was an early snowstorm that left us freezing after the 1/2 hr quad ride back to the camper, the woodstove I have in my camper sure was nice.
© 24hourcampfire